PDA

View Full Version : CHL Import Draft

Raiderfan8
05-07-2012, 08:38 AM
We have the second overall pick in the CHL Import draft this June. Anyone think we can lure a franchise euro player our way?

Raiderfan8
05-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Tomas Hertl from czech republic might be a top pick if he's willing to come over.

lordstanley
05-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Tomas Hertl from czech republic might be a top pick if he's willing to come over.

That's the big thing if he's willing to come over just like the bantam draft alot of young players wont report to a smaller market they love going to cities like calgary edmonton or vancouver where there is more media scouts and exposure to get noticed

Western Elite
05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Here are the top potential Players likely to come over. No specific order, just a few to consider.
1. Kevin Reich G
2. Sergey Tolchinsky
3. Robert Hagg
4. Jacob De Le Rose
5. Grigory Dikushin
6. Andre Burakowsky
7. Nikita Zadorov
8. Rihards Bukarts
9. Maxim Mamin
10. Jan Kostalek
11. Ivan Fishenko
12. Valentin Zykov
13. Mirco Muller
14. Vladislav Lysenko
15. Sasha Barkov

Sttop
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I wouldnt be suprised to see the pick traded for immediate .def help

patsdude114
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
there is no scouting involved when it comes to euro's its all by word of mouth & who u know in the hockey circle when selecting these kids from europe.

Alot of times its fellow euro players in the league already that put in a word for guys they know back home who want to come overseas. I wish the WHL could lure over more russian players like how the QMJHL & OHL do. They are pure skill & rarely do russians find there way onto a WHL roster.

In my recent memory the Pats for example have only had 1 russian that i can remember & that was Dmitri Nabokov, he was a 1st rd pick of the Blackhawks when he came over here & he did no disappoint he had amazing puck skills & could score, he put up 95pts in 50 games with the Pats back in 96/97... ahh the flash back that year & the following year were the last time the Pats had back to back very strong teams.

But back on topic since the Raiders have that HIGH of a pick in he euro draft they better make sure the guy they select will come over. Normally the top 10 picks are guys that are locks to come over.

Dwight Schrute
05-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Well should be interesting

Raiderfan8
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
As per Drew Wilson's latest blog written today, it sounds like Bruno is looking to trade the pick .

Dwight Schrute
05-08-2012, 06:20 AM
As per Drew Wilson's latest blog written today, it sounds like Bruno is looking to trade the pick .

Easier then recruiting and less chance of a no show

the voice
05-14-2012, 08:34 AM
I think our imports are pretty solid. Hlinka came on physically and has size and should be even better. Knutsen has the hands, grit, and scoring touch and will contribute once he backs off on bad penalties. That euro pick could bring in a player that helps fill a hole now.

Sttop
05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
I also hope that the Raiders trade that pick for a impact dman.

HockeyGuru
05-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Hlinka has been dropped,needed a spot a the draft.

Wapitikev
05-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Hlinka has been dropped,needed a spot a the draft.

Is there a league rule that prevents more than two imports on a list? Active roster, yes but a list?

-Wapitikevin

The Wheatiemaniac
05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Is there a league rule that prevents more than two imports on a list? Active roster, yes but a list?

-Wapitikevin

I believe you can list up to 3 provided one is an overage. Not totally sure but we had this situation with Daniel Bartek a few years back.

the voice
05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Is the Hlinka comment fact? Let's not make things up. Maybe import pick for active import player from another tem would work and be safe. What about Baszevics? Still listed?

Wapitikev
05-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Is the Hlinka comment fact? Let's not make things up. Maybe import pick for active import player from another tem would work and be safe. What about Baszevics? Still listed?

I thought Basevics was done with the club. The press release last October said he was released. He finished last season playing junior A in Alaska in the NAHL. I would be very surprised if he was still on the list.

Hlinka started 11/12 with a Slovakian U20 team before returning to the Raiders in October. But that doesn't mean that he was removed form the Raiders' list...or that he stayed on it, either.

The WHL page regarding the 50 player list does not even mention European players...still searching.

-Wapitikev

HockeyGuru
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Hlinka has been dropped..FACT!!The latvian kid Bazvics was dropped when Hlinka was re-added last last fall.
You can only have 2 Euros on your active roster,although there are some loopholes when guys potentially could return from NHL after deadline.

You can draft a Euro and he can sit on your 50 man list even if he chooses not to come over to play and you can still have 2 active euro players..if he then chooses to come..one player must be released.

Wapitikev
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Hlinka has been dropped..FACT!!

Talking with people who know more about the WHL than I do, the List doesn't need to be officially changed to accommodate the new Bantam Draft picks until a set period after that draft.

That being the case, it seems likely that any Euro limit would not have to be met until after the Import draft.

However, with 9 new draft picks (and Siemens) being added to our 50-player List, Hlinka won't be the only List casualty of the post bantam shuffle.

The latvian kid Bazvics was dropped when Hlinka was re-added last last fall.

My recollection as well.

You can only have 2 Euros on your active roster,although there are some loopholes when guys potentially could return from NHL after deadline.

Unfortunately, Hlinka's age (19 for the coming season) and undrafted NHL status wouldn't qualify him for any over-age or NHL training camp exemption.

You can draft a Euro and he can sit on your 50 man list even if he chooses not to come over to play and you can still have 2 active euro players..if he then chooses to come..one player must be released.

Any Euro sitting on your List and not playing would have to be an elite player.

Say a team's 50 player List has 20 returning players. It also has up to 20 draft picks from the previous 2 drafts (if no 16 year-olds are playing yet). That leaves only 10 remaining spots for players still developing from 3 drafts ago or for free agents.

With so few List spots available for Euros, its unlikely any team would have more than 2 Euros on their List, even if the rules allow for it...not impossible just unlikely.

With the second overall pick we should be able to get an elite player...here's hoping that he will report.

If we don't get to see Michal Hlinka again in a Raider uniform, I'd like to wish him all the best...he was a good player and I valued his contribution to the PA Raiders over the last 2 seasons.

-Wapitikev

HockeyGuru
05-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Wapitekev

The way the 50 man list works is this:You can't have more than 50 on your list at any time..there is also a separate college list as well.

At draft time all your 19 yr old players turning 20 next season roll onto your overage list which is not included in the 50 man ppl list.If you roll 7 19s onto your OA list you have 7 spots open on draft day.

Hlinka was dropped so PA could draft more players,at the draft table.

The Over age(20) YR Old players need to be re-added in September when it is determined which 3 will start the season and spots will need to be freed up with the deletions of list players who don't make it.

When a Euro is drafted he is added to the 50 man list so another deletion is needed at this time.

Wapitikev
05-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Wapitekev

The way the 50 man list works is this:You can't have more than 50 on your list at any time..there is also a separate college list as well.

At draft time all your 19 yr old players turning 20 next season roll onto your overage list which is not included in the 50 man ppl list.If you roll 7 19s onto your OA list you have 7 spots open on draft day.

Hlinka was dropped so PA could draft more players,at the draft table.

The Over age(20) YR Old players need to be re-added in September when it is determined which 3 will start the season and spots will need to be freed up with the deletions of list players who don't make it.

When a Euro is drafted he is added to the 50 man list so another deletion is needed at this time.

Thanx, HG.

-Wapitikev