PDA

View Full Version : spring camp

tiny
05-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Anyone know dates, times, place for spring camp this year?? Thanks Jesse Wallin for thew following info:
The Rebels coaching staff of Jesse Wallin, Bryce Thoma, Chris Neiszner, and Brent Belecki will conduct the camp and evaluate the players in preparation for the 2012-2013 Western Hockey League season. The Red Deer Rebels Rookie and Main Training Camp will begin with on-ice sessions Sunday, August 26th.

All sessions are open to the public.

Camp Ice Times @ Penhold Multiplex

Friday, June 1st 3:00PM – 5:00PM

Saturday, June 2nd 3:45PM – 5:45PM

Sunday, June 3rd 9:00AM – 11:00AM

tiny
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Would love to hear about camp from anyone able to attend.

SectionNDeserter
06-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Day one was mostly uneventful. Goaltenders looked pretty good, and a number of the players looked exhausted by the time the scrimmage even started. Rod Southam, Earl Webb, Grayson Pawlenchuk and Austin Strand caught my eye, and Conner Bleakley looked to be in good shape. Vuki Mpofu was probably the fastest/smoothest skater out there, with Mason McCarty a close second. Fleury was the most/only aggressive player really, and looked solid. Musil looked like he was taking it easy in the drills, and I don't think participated in the scrimmage at all, he might be nursing an injury.

tiny
06-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Day one was mostly uneventful. Goaltenders looked pretty good, and a number of the players looked exhausted by the time the scrimmage even started. Rod Southam, Earl Webb, Grayson Pawlenchuk and Austin Strand caught my eye, and Conner Bleakley looked to be in good shape. Vuki Mpofu was probably the fastest/smoothest skater out there, with Mason McCarty a close second. Fleury was the most/only aggressive player really, and looked solid. Musil looked like he was taking it easy in the drills, and I don't think participated in the scrimmage at all, he might be nursing an injury.

I wasn't able to attend Fri. or Sat. but plan to attend Sun. I really appreciate hearing from someone.

SectionNDeserter
06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
A big variety of drills on day two. Players are starting to separate themselves from the pack now. Fleury was by far the best player on the ice in the scrimmage, going coast-to-coast with the puck a few times, and flattening a bunch of guys. Saw a bit of chemistry forming between Mpofu and Bleakley.