PDA

View Full Version : Team West’s Under-17 summer camp!

Wapitikev
06-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Congratulations to:

Kristjon Finnson, D, Interlake Lightning
Taylor Fisher, D, Winnipeg Warriors
Reid Gardiner, F, Saskatoon Contacts
Taran Lacquette, D, Parkland Rangers
Rylan Parenteau, G, Saskatoon Contacts
Tim Vanstone, F, Swift Current Legionaries
Lance Yaremchuk, F, PA Mintos

...Raiders 16yo prospects for the coming season and invitees to Team West’s Under-17 summer camp!

68 players were invited from Saskatchewan and Manitoba, so the competition should be fierce.

Best of luck, boys!

-Wapitikev

Sttop
06-13-2012, 06:05 AM
pretty sure fisher has been dropped

the voice
06-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Scouting must be on track to have that many 16's that are strong. not to mention others that fall through the U17 cracks. Not sure limit of 16's on roster, but could see 2 maybe 3 if they come in and show they can contribute this year. Otherwise they will be better off back in midget since we must capitalize having McNeill, Bardero, Winther, Ruopp, Siemens, still being here.

HockeyGuru
06-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Fisher and Fielbelkorn were dropped.

Wapitikev
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
pretty sure fisher has been dropped

Then someone should have told the guy writing the Raiders press release...his name is listed in that release as a "prospect", despite not attending the summer camp 2 weeks ago.

I'll see what I can pry out of the press release guy.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
06-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Scouting must be on track to have that many 16's that are strong. not to mention others that fall through the U17 cracks. Not sure limit of 16's on roster, but could see 2 maybe 3 if they come in and show they can contribute this year. Otherwise they will be better off back in midget since we must capitalize having McNeill, Bardero, Winther, Ruopp, Siemens, still being here.
No rule-limit for 16yos but, in response to playing more than 2 16yos, Terry Simpson once said: "The WHL isn't a glorified Midget League!"

Unless there are more than 2 16s that are stellar 2 should be enough...there will (likely) be 17yo rookies as well, this year.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
06-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Fisher and Fielbelkorn were dropped.
I had heard about Fiebler but not Fisher.

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
06-14-2012, 07:42 AM
in the last release of lists both fisher and fielbelkorn were dropped from the raiders list.

While you are at it, a good thing to note 5 kids from prince Albert are on the list invited to the U17 camp.

Miles Warkentine-Mjaw Warriors
Jordan Harris-PG Cougars
Lance yaremchuk-PA Raiders
Ryan Duret-Calgary Hitmen
Bryton Sayers-Lethbridge Hurricanes

all 5 of these players were with the Prince Albert Mintos of the SMAAAHL last year.

it will no longer be an even split of Manitoba and Saskatchewan kids, it is simply the best kids that will be picked from now on as Team West generally speaking didn't fair well at tournaments under that idea or principle to run the team based on 50/50 split.

the voice
06-14-2012, 10:07 AM
That's encouraging knowing we now have their coach Leonard on board.

canes77
06-14-2012, 09:35 PM
in the last release of lists both fisher and fielbelkorn were dropped from the raiders list.

While you are at it, a good thing to note 5 kids from prince Albert are on the list invited to the U17 camp.

Jordan Harris-PG Cougars

all 5 of these players were with the Prince Albert Mintos of the SMAAAHL last year.

it will no longer be an even split of Manitoba and Saskatchewan kids, it is simply the best kids that will be picked from now on as Team West generally speaking didn't fair well at tournaments under that idea or principle to run the team based on 50/50 split.

Do you think Sayers can make the WHL as a 16 yr old? Either way, the Canes should have a solid blue line with Pilon already set to play.

Wapitikev
06-15-2012, 08:10 AM

Verified.

Question: this "last release of lists"...is that available to the general public or only privately through an organization you belong to or web-site you subscribe to?

I only ask because there have been questions here and elsewhere about how to get copies of lists (they can apparently change quite often)...I've only seen the one on Small Thoughts @ Large and that is quite dated...and I'm interested in finding a more up to date source. PM me if you can't answer here.

Jordan Harris-PG Cougars

I'm glad someone had the time/knowledge to put together this list...I didn't. It's good to see 5 PA kids out of the 68 invited. It's also good to see that one of them is actually a Raiders prospect (not too long ago that wouldn't have been likely).

it will no longer be an even split of Manitoba and Saskatchewan kids, it is simply the best kids that will be picked from now on as Team West generally speaking didn't fair well at tournaments under that idea or principle to run the team based on 50/50 split.Applaud the change...if one province provides better players consistently it would be a wake-up call for the other one to work on their (bantam) system.

Once again, AAA, enjoyed the good information.

-Wapitikev

AAAScout
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
sorry, not on here much especially now that it is truly the offseason after the euro draft. of which it would be great to see the Raiders get their pick here, would be a very nice addition to the team.

the lists are not public, and I do not get them from a site I am registered to, sorry if that seems cryptic, but I guess it kinda has to be,haha.

Wapitikev
06-29-2012, 09:18 AM
sorry, not on here much especially now that it is truly the offseason after the euro draft. of which it would be great to see the Raiders get their pick here, would be a very nice addition to the team.

the lists are not public, and I do not get them from a site I am registered to, sorry if that seems cryptic, but I guess it kinda has to be,haha.
No problem AAA. I know a lot have people have asked and would have loved to get access to them.

Also good to know that the rest of us weren't all missing an obvious web-site that we should have all found.

We'll just have to rely on small@large's summer updates.

Cheers,

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
07-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Back to this thread's topic...

Congratulations also to Spencer Meyer for getting an invite to Team Pacific's u17 Camp.

And also a nod to Ben Verrall, D, Ridley College Tigers, the replacement for Taylor Fisher @ Team West's Summer Camp.

-Wapitikev

the voice
07-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Can someone clarify if Meyer is a d man or forward? I've seen it done both ways several times.

the voice
07-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Figured I'd quit being so lazy and researched. Small thoughts had him as a dman, Raiders had him as forward and the bcmml site confirms he is a forward. Good for us, but cloning him as a d would be good to go along with other fresh dmen coming up in the future. Scouting and management seem to have turned the corner on finding talent these last couple of years.

Wapitikev
07-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Figured I'd quit being so lazy and researched.:D

Small thoughts had him as a dman, Raiders had him as forward and the bcmml site confirms he is a forward. Good for us, but cloning him as a d would be good to go along with other fresh dmen coming up in the future. Scouting and management seem to have turned the corner on finding talent these last couple of years.
Agreed. Light years ahead of the previous scouting regime that finished in 2009. Our drafts since 2010 (after the first two picks) actually have a chance to make the team before their too old to play in the W.

-Wapitikev