PDA

View Full Version : Morgan draft position

mjw22
06-13-2012, 10:02 PM
the draft is soon approaching where do people think morgan will go . I think he will go 7th and the 2nd dman to be picked :groovy:

patsdude114
06-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I love how he plays the game not many Dman out there of this breed anymore but i still believe Murray, Dumba & Reinhardt all bring more to the table then Morgan does

Anyone who drafts him will be getting a true offensive gem, im guessing 9th overall

Trevor
06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
I would think he'll likely be the 3rd dman drafted behind Dumba and Murray, and go around 10th.

patsdude114
06-15-2012, 12:30 PM
u could possibly even put Maatta guy from the London Knights above him, Maatta had an amazing playoffs in London & altho he didnt put up points in the Memorial Cup he still had a great tournament. Maatta has size & can skate doesnt shy away from the physical play.

Morgan reminds me alot of Ryan Ellis he was rated pretty high but come draft day teams passed on him just due to his size & his 1 dimention.

I would love to see him get picked in the top 10 but he could fall abit as well, can anyone say Cam Fowler??

scruffy1
06-15-2012, 10:50 PM
IMHO, best possibility to be a franchise player in this draft.
I think on his best days he takes control of the game and is still only great 60% of the time.
Sky high potential. Some of the above may already have shown thier best as they will be competing at a much higher level and shooting the puck every chance you get won't produce much.

mjw22
06-16-2012, 05:50 PM
IMHO, best possibility to be a franchise player in this draft.
I think on his best days he takes control of the game and is still only great 60% of the time.
Sky high potential. Some of the above may already have shown thier best as they will be competing at a much higher level and shooting the puck every chance you get won't produce much.

I agree .I think his upside is huge . He has only played 1 season and a handfull in his second. His offensive skills are probably the best in the draft and he is a lot better defensively than people give him credit for.Plus he has two things you cant teach SPEED and CREATIVITY . He is miles better than Ellis at this stage.

west coast
06-17-2012, 04:17 PM
this draft is so hard to read.It will all depend on the needs of the team that will be drafting.The top four defenceman of the WHL could really go anywhere in the top four defenceman picked.Murray,Reinhart and Dumba being the other 3 of course.Morgan will be a franchise player .Definately looks like a top ten pick.