PDA

View Full Version : What We Gonna Do?

trucker
06-14-2012, 02:35 PM
When is the Import Draft? At what spot do we pick this year? Is Soberg still listed as a Bronco, and is that situation going to affect us in the draft? Should we even bother, or boycott the draft like Kootnay? Curious on opinions, and player names if anyone has ideas!?!

Trav
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
The Import draft is on the 27th, a few few days after the NHL Draft. According to the Broncos blog by ur radio pbp guy, Mark Lamb seems to be targeting a goaltender or top six forward.

d-man
06-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Only pick an NHL drafted import. If one isn't available then trade the pick away. Its the best chance of getting a quality player and they won't all turtle and run home like Soberg. Otherwise that roster spot is easily filled with a Canadian or American kid. I'd rather see one of our 16yo drafted players get a roster spot over an unknown import.

2,5,andagame
06-17-2012, 10:54 PM
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=73397

trucker
06-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Is Marcus Soberg a brother of Steffan?? Whats the deal with Steffan Soberg? Is he still a listed Bronco or did we release him? And with Nedomlel on our roster does that mean we only get one pick in the Euro draft if and when Steffan Soberg is released? Or is there a chance that Soberg may get weaned from Mommy this year and come over and play in a real league?

2,5,andagame
06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
They are brothers.

trucker
06-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Bahahaha!!! Guess it's safe to assume we won't be picking the brother then, after older brothers "no show"??? Bahahahahah. One would have to assume its a huge risk taking anyone from the Soberg family now!!

Toswammi
06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
I think they are going goalie again, and will take a goalie that was drafted this draft. So that means the list would be:

ANDREY VASILEVSKIY
OSCAR DANSK
JOONAS KORPISALO
FREDERIK ANDERSEN
HENRI KIVIAHO
LINUS ULLMARK
MAREK MAZANEC
MAREK LANGHAMER
SERGEI KOSTENKO

I doubt we take a Russian.

trucker
06-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the list! Why do you doubt the Russian idea?

Toswammi
06-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the list! Why do you doubt the Russian idea?

With the KHL and SC having a tough time getting commitments from Euro goalies, I just can't see it. However at the same time the NHL team does have some say to sway, it just doesn't always work (see: Soberg, Stefan)

Toswammi
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
A little import draft reading from our friend Kelly Friesen: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net/post/chl-import-draft-oscar-dansk-a-trio-of-russians-and-others-on-the-radar?urn=juniorhockey,wp12417

Broncos pick around 10:10am.

scbfan
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
My bet is that we draft his brother as leverage to getting him here!(soberg that is) It has been said that his little brother wants to play in north america and what a carrot to dangle to the family of "you come play here and so does your little brother!" Hey it is my pipe dream and it may not go down that way but that is my prediction! LOL

Toswammi
06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
My bet is that we draft his brother as leverage to getting him here!(soberg that is) It has been said that his little brother wants to play in north america and what a carrot to dangle to the family of "you come play here and so does your little brother!" Hey it is my pipe dream and it may not go down that way but that is my prediction! LOL

LOL, quite the ploy, would mean have to deal Richie to get both.

Still have concerns about small vs large market in this draft as it really seems to play out here.