PDA

View Full Version : top WHL forward to be drafted

west coast
06-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Bob Mckenzie of TSN said that in this years draft.It will mark the lowest a Canadian born forward will go in the draft ever.He figured that a Canadian born forward will not get drafted til about number 15.Who will be the first WHL forward to hear his name.I am predicting Samuelsson from the Edmonton Oilkings

patsdude114
07-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Both yourself & Bob McKenzie were correct. It just goes to show how weak this draft was all around. When Samuelsson is the so called best forward in the WHL to be drafted something is wrong with the draft class.

Samuelsson, L. Sutter & Sissons around out the top 3 forwards being drafted from the WHL (last 2 were mid 2nd rounders) was a very weak draft especially for the WHL. On defense that is alittle different was a very strong draft in the top 15 picks forsure. Hopefully next season the WHL has a stronger performance for the forward draft class.

I know being a Pats fan im very curious to see how Klimchuk builds on his 18g18a season. I would think being put into a bigger role could crack 1st line LW if not 2nd line LW forsure (i know listed as a C but he played wing all season long)

Also curious to see how Sam Reinhart does without big brother Max around leading the way. Even with a lockout Max will be in the AHL as the Flames (my fav team) have crap for prospects heck he could end up being a 1st liner in the minors thats how bad the Flames prospects are.