Thursday 30/08/2012 Victoria @ Kamloops 7:00

Friday 31/08/2012 Kamloops vs Victoria 7:05 @ Maple Ridge

Friday 07/09/2012 Kelowna vs Victoria 7:05 @ Maple Ridge

Saturday 08/09/2012 Victoria @ Kelowna 7:05

Friday 14/09/2012 Victoria @ Vancouver 7:30 @ Ladner

Saturday 15/09/2012 Vancouver @ Victoria 2:05

rednex50
06-23-2012, 08:38 PM
So....a new coach and GM, no Habby Jr, Stahl goes undrafted again, pretty sure Crooks went undrafted again, in serious need of a change between the pipes, a lack of depth on the Blue line (scarey when Stahl and Habby are slated as the 2 most experienced D - one of which isn't coming back and the other coming off a very serious concussion).

Let the silly season begin...

G - Hamilton and Rathjen didn't cut it...plain and simple. Vollrath is waiting in the wings, but I don't see the new gm/coach going with Rathjen and Vollrath. I would expect Hamilton to be dealt/waived for OA-Cutdown.

D - Franzoo, Stahl and thats it for veteran experience. Pilton, Kanzig, Zgrag and Cote all have a solid year under their belts now...I expect Stahl to wear the "C". Not sure who they have wading in the weeds looking to jump up...but with that depth (or lack there of), whoever is in net had to expect a tuck load of rubber again this season...they need another solid D (experienced 18-19 yr old via trade or an O/A via Cutdown release?) Besides between the pipes, this is were they'll need a lot of depth. I like Kangiz/Pilton/Zgrag's...but are they ready for that next step up to be #2 or #3 D? If they are...then all bets are off.

F - Crooks, and possibly Forsyth will wear letters - Forsyth only if he returns as the 3rd O/A. If not, Magee will for sure. Bringing back Hodges, Nelson, Walker and Conroy will really help stablize the forwards...finally. We may need to see a few fan favorites leave in order to add the 16/17 yr old prospects up front. I love how Traber plays, but he can't be just a 4th line player to remain. As a 19 yr old, you need more. Can he play on the 2nd/3rd line? He needs to prove that he can do more than just scrap, because the WHL is going away from fighting and you can't have a roster spot for an older guy for only 3-5 minutes a game (I think that concussion/broken leg/ankle really stunted his progress...I hope he can get fully back on track).

The Royals (my ex-Bruins) are really no longer looking like my old Bruins team. There are only like 5 or 6 guys who played any significant role as a Bruin left...so slowly but surely it will because Victoria's true team in a year or 2 from now after kazig, Zgrag's and Magee move on. I can actually see something positive happening here...if it all comes together without being chomped by the injury bug yet again.

TourettesGuy
07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
So....a new coach and GM, no Habby Jr, Stahl goes undrafted again, pretty sure Crooks went undrafted again, in serious need of a change between the pipes, a lack of depth on the Blue line (scarey when Stahl and Habby are slated as the 2 most experienced D - one of which isn't coming back and the other coming off a very serious concussion).

Let the silly season begin...

G - Hamilton and Rathjen didn't cut it...plain and simple. Vollrath is waiting in the wings, but I don't see the new gm/coach going with Rathjen and Vollrath. I would expect Hamilton to be dealt/waived for OA-Cutdown.

D - Franzoo, Stahl and thats it for veteran experience. Pilton, Kanzig, Zgrag and Cote all have a solid year under their belts now...I expect Stahl to wear the "C". Not sure who they have wading in the weeds looking to jump up...but with that depth (or lack there of), whoever is in net had to expect a tuck load of rubber again this season...they need another solid D (experienced 18-19 yr old via trade or an O/A via Cutdown release?) Besides between the pipes, this is were they'll need a lot of depth. I like Kangiz/Pilton/Zgrag's...but are they ready for that next step up to be #2 or #3 D? If they are...then all bets are off.

F - Crooks, and possibly Forsyth will wear letters - Forsyth only if he returns as the 3rd O/A. If not, Magee will for sure. Bringing back Hodges, Nelson, Walker and Conroy will really help stablize the forwards...finally. We may need to see a few fan favorites leave in order to add the 16/17 yr old prospects up front. I love how Traber plays, but he can't be just a 4th line player to remain. As a 19 yr old, you need more. Can he play on the 2nd/3rd line? He needs to prove that he can do more than just scrap, because the WHL is going away from fighting and you can't have a roster spot for an older guy for only 3-5 minutes a game (I think that concussion/broken leg/ankle really stunted his progress...I hope he can get fully back on track).

The Royals (my ex-Bruins) are really no longer looking like my old Bruins team. There are only like 5 or 6 guys who played any significant role as a Bruin left...so slowly but surely it will because Victoria's true team in a year or 2 from now after kazig, Zgrag's and Magee move on. I can actually see something positive happening here...if it all comes together without being chomped by the injury bug yet again.

- Stahl was drafted to the Carolina Hurricanes in 2010.
- Crooks in my opinion isn't much more then an AHLer at best, which is why he didn't get drafted.
- No way we are letting go of Hamilton until maybe the pre-season and see how Rathjen and Vollrath pan out, if they stay the same as last season, Hamilton stays.

My lineup:
Crooks (OA) - Hodges - Magee
Jones - Walker - Nelson
Harrison - Crunk - Carroll
Traber - Halabi - Conroy
Kralik

Pilton - Kanzig
Zgraggen - Stahl (OA)
Cote - Fransoo
Hicketts

Hamilton (OA)
Rathjen/Vollrath

fatshad
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I am becoming more disenchanted with the NHL and its draft every year ! I cannot believe that none of the following 19 year old WHL'ers were chosen in the later rounds of the draft.

Justin Feser Tri City 37 goals ( strong team )
Jamie Crooks Victoria 37 goals ( weak team )
TJ Foster Edmonton 30 goals ( strong team )
Brendan Walker Brandon 55 assists ( good team )
Cody Sylvestre Calgary 68 points ( good team )
Josh Nicholls Saskatoon 68 points ( good team )
Brendan Ranford Kamloops 40 goals ( strong team )

All of these players are skill guys that can shoot , pass and handle the puck. Is that not what fans paying a fortune for tickets should expect to see. Now dont get me wrong the NHL has great skill players. Just not near enough for 30 teams. The percentage of head hunters, shot blockers and under achievers making millions is way too high. For this reason I am rapidly losing interest in the NHL and it may be one of the reasons so many teams are in trouble with low attendance. Hopefully all of these guys will have big 20 year old seasons and possibly attract some kind of a free agent deal next year !!

In the case of our guy. The " Royals " Crooks , he had a very good year scoring 37 goals and adding 30 assists for 67 pts. He won the Royals Top Scorer and MVP Awards. What was even more impressive to me as I watched him this year was the fact that after his star center man Kevin Sundher was traded his point production picked up not declined like I think most people expected would happen. Also the fact that he potted 37 goals , when half his ice time was spent killing penalties. If the new coach uses him to his strength which is offense , reg shift and PP he could score 50 plus this year !!

Congratulations to Steven Hodges and Logan Nelson on being drafted this year. These two guys will be a year stronger and along with Crooks should be a dynamic line this year. They got a good taste of playing with each other last year.

I am hoping the two import picks will play for the Royals this year and be impact players , especially being a goalie and defenseman where we need improvement the most.

I am looking forward to a competitive season for the Royals !!!

Go Royals Go :clap::clap: Can hardly wait !!!

rednex50
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Stahl was drafted, but went unsigned...so was eligable going back into this past draft.

Crooks, as previously mentioned, but up great numbers, on a bad team...a team that traded away its season's cornerstone at the deadline and yet made the playoffs against all oddmakers (I thought they were done too without Sundher).

Crooks has decent size. great vision. can work the PK or PP. can set up or finish plays...so how can you say he's an AHL'er at best?

Almost like saying Sundher or Howse are AHL'ers only. I don't buy it. Is he going to be an NHL #1 centre? Not likely. If he continues to work hard, he could be a #2 or #3 centre. He's good in all 3 zones, and could be a player that is out there in the last minute of a game, no matter if up by a goal or down by one.

I don't like Edmonton, but I hope that they at least take a serious look at the guy....and then Nashville or Calgary signs him ;)