PDA

View Full Version : Dwight King on Stanley Cup winning team.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
This post is for those of you who don't read the WHL 54 board and is in reply to a poster who cut Dwight King down bigtime.

Yo CC. I'll paraphrase what you said but it was basically "Watching King get handed a Stanley Cup made my stomach turn". Ya, to see a kid who has worked his *** off and kept his nose clean all his life to realize the ultimate dream of every Canadian kid is certainly stomach turning. Wow, just wow.

Your belittling of King just shows how little you know about hockey. I think it was Scotty Bowman (not that he knows anything about the game) that said winning a Stanley Cup comes down to how well your 3rd and 4th line players do because IT IS A TEAM GAME, not a game of a few stars doing everything. He said your top players and the other teams top players can almost offset each other. The final battle is won in the trenches by the foot soldiers.

Is Dwight King a worthy foot soldier? Yes, he is that and a whole lot more. Tell me what team would not want this player on their 3rd line? (Don't forget, the Kings won the cup so with that kind of talent, playing on the 3rd line is like 2nd line on a lot of the other teams in the league). Let's see. Where do I begin to disprove your opinion with the facts? Not that facts matter to most a good many of you on here.

King is 6'3" 235 lbs and is as tough as nails and has pretty good hockey sense to boot! He was 4th in team goal scoring, that's right 4th! King scored more goals than Mike Richards and Justin Williams with probably about half the ice time, and no PP time! He was the 3rd highest point getting rookie in all of the NHL! Yes 3rd, not 33rd, 3rd! He finished in the top 20 in scoring in the entire playoffs! Top 20, not top 200. Don't forget that he probably was one of, if not the most, raw ROOKIES in the entire playoffs. He has barely played a handful of games in the Show in his career and is only 22. Dwight took a regular shift in every game during the King's run to the Cup. He was not just a spot duty tough guy or some such thing. Are you starting to get my point yet CC?

I also feel the NHL is somewhat watered down these days and don't really enjoy watching the chip it out, dump it in and cycle down low show. Having said that, if you chopped 6 teams from the NHL, Dwight King is still playing in the bigs. Send 10 teams down the sewer and King is still in the NHL. Before you bloviate about this last comment, do the math.

Any way, I for one am glad to see a good kid get his reward. Good on you Dwight !!!!!

shushu
06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
my main question is why would you care what the tards on the white board have to say about our boy dwight, we know he is a great kid from a great family so that good enough for us.....ps...if you think their bad on that board you should have seen the old gray board, nasty would be an understatement...............