PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon Blades 2012/2013 Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JMoney1988
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Well, in a few months our memorial cup season will be underway, this is a place to leave comments on players, coaching or the season itself.
Well, of course most of you know the new schedule is out, so just putting out a few key notes about it.

Our opening season doubleheader will be once again against the Prince Albert Raiders
Oct 10-Portland(first u.s. team)
Our B.C. road trip is Nov 16-Nov 24 where we will play a span of 5 games
Our longest homestand is January 1-January 19 where we will play a span of 7 games (Well at least it isn't like the one year where we played what was it 12 straight games at home)
On a side note January 1st game is Sunday at 5:05pm instead of 7:05pm and January 18 is Monday at 6:05pm instead of 7:05pm

Looks like apart from those, our months of playing home and away are pretty much even.

JMoney1988
07-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Now my roster for year (just my opinion)

Forwards
Well since we lost Burns, Paradis and Trask due to graduation, they produced 165 points between the three of them big loss, but looks like the addition of Walker and Mccolagan may help balance this loss. As for the 20 year olds, We currently have four Nicholls, Walker, Cox and Collins. (Nicholls and Walker will most likely stay, I think Cox has a better chance then Collins but we will see)

Nicholls, Stransky, Walker, Mccolgan, Benson, Stovin, Astles. The rookies I think will have a good chance of staying (Hickmott, Graham, Stockl, Mcevoy) and whoever we pick it up or drop along the way.

Defense
Looks like our defense will roughly remain the same, maybe with additions or subtractions
Siemens, Thrower, Pufahl, Dietz, Cox(if he stays), Stipancik (kinda iffy on keeping him due to concussion problems), Schimdt. The only two rookies I think could make the team are Nogier and Lernout.

Goaltending
Well we already know who the number 1 is, the backup is up for grabs.
Marakov(obviously)
The other three or more Todd, Moodie and Johnson as listed. I think Moodie has the advantage due to his good play while Marakov was injured or gone, Todd I just don't see making due to his subpar play and we haven't seen much of his play due to a backup role while Todd was injured. However this could change by bringing a goalie to help Marakov.

But that's me, feel free to leave your roster picks.

JMoney1988
07-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Here's my picks for the memorial cup. I just taking a guess

Qmjhl- Shawinigan
OHL- Kitchener Rangers
Whl- Edmonton
Whl- Saskatoon (if they win it all), Runner up Tri City Americans

What do you guys think?

lordstanley
07-04-2012, 07:00 PM
You forgot a few things like Sutter for the Forward group and i also think Matt Revel will stick around as a rookie forward other than that it looks good

My Memorial cup predictions

London
Halifax
Edmonton/or Kamloops if we knock out the OilKings
Saskatoon

Trav
07-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Molleken still has a lot of work to do to make the team a contender. Revel if he comes could make a decent impact. I don't see to many 16's on the team next year other then him and maybe Graham though they might have to spare Graham to boost their scoring. The Blades in my opinon need another couple scoring forwards and a top 6 D-man.

Quite frankly I think this should be do or die for Brodsky and Molleken. If they don't win it now then they never will. Fans have put up with this for to long.

JMoney1988
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Well looking in the starphoenix this morning, I'm sure everyone has at some point, it's nice to see season tickets are up in leu of the memorial cup, over 700 new season ticket holders as it looks like now, over 80% of the 3200 last year have renewed their seats, myself included, did anyone else? Now hopefully after the memorial cup, it stays that way, but not likely unless we win either or both the whl and memorial cup......., what do you guys think?

lordstanley
07-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Well looking in the starphoenix this morning, I'm sure everyone has at some point, it's nice to see season tickets are up in leu of the memorial cup, over 700 new season ticket holders as it looks like now, over 80% of the 3200 last year have renewed their seats, myself included, did anyone else? Now hopefully after the memorial cup, it stays that way, but not likely unless we win either or both the whl and memorial cup......., what do you guys think?

So as it stands right now that's 4000 pretty much for season ticket holders if we could get at least 2000 walk ups for every game that would be a nice crowd of 6000 enough noise to get the boys going

Hard to believe that even 6000 doesn't even get the rink half full anymore it's to damn big for the size of our city NHl would be a different story though

mjw22
07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
So as it stands right now that's 4000 pretty much for season ticket holders if we could get at least 2000 walk ups for every game that would be a nice crowd of 6000 enough noise to get the boys going

Hard to believe that even 6000 doesn't even get the rink half full anymore it's to damn big for the size of our city NHl would be a different story though

Play offs should be big numbers you would hope
Big pressure this year LS
A: to assemble a team in one season from one that was out early last year and win a memorial cup
B: to win the league and not go in the back door
Lornes last stand lol

lordstanley
07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
A: to assemble a team in one season from one that was out early last year and win a memorial cup
Lornes last stand lol

Yep i agree with all of this if we go in through the backdoor and get blasted in the Memorial Cup Tourney die hard Blade fans will be calling for Lorne and Broadsky;s head all i know it i am jacked for this season gonna be exciting

Trav
07-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Lornes last stand lol

Totally agree,

If the Blades do what they usually do and choke then it better be the end of Molleken and Brodsky.

However if they manage to actually overcome the curse and do well and make it to the WHL finals and win everything then Molleken will have bought himself a reprieve from the firing squad.

curwie
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Totally agree,

If the Blades do what they usually do and choke then it better be the end of Molleken and Brodsky.

However if they manage to actually overcome the curse and do well and make it to the WHL finals and win everything then Molleken will have bought himself a reprieve from the firing squad.

Quick question. How does one fire the owner of the hockey club?

lordstanley
07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Quick question. How does one fire the owner of the hockey club?

Simple the fans run him out of town with pitch forks the odl school way :D

curwie
07-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Simple the fans run him out of town with pitch forks the odl school way :D

Hahaha I was mostly kidding but, I don't see Brodsky selling the team anytime soon no matter what the results are from this season. Contrary to popular belief, I hear the team turns a pretty decent profit.

lordstanley
07-10-2012, 07:55 PM
So how far does everyone think we are off from a Memorial Cup contender i say 2 more elite forwards and 1 d-man as it stands now our opening night roster would look a little something like this :)

Nicholls Sutter Stransky
McColgan Walker Stovin
Astles Benson Zajac
Graham McEvoy Revel
Stockl Hickmott ??

Siemens Thrower
Deitz Cox
Schmidt Pufahl
Lernout Stipancik ??

Makarov
Moodie

mjw22
07-10-2012, 09:22 PM
of the 4 WHL teams to win as host only one went in the front door as league champs 04 Blazers .Por Kel Van back door winners but still winners . there has to be a way to get the top 4 teams in . :confused: only league (CHL) where a loser can win the big prize :o

Western Elite
07-13-2012, 07:41 AM
A questions for Blades fans should be; would you rather win the WHL Championship or win the Memorial Cup through the back door after losing early in the WHL playoffs?

I think many fans are of the opinion that the WHL Championship is the main prize coming up! The Blades, as the roster stands now, are a top 5 squad. If they wish to become a favourite, they will need just a bit more. Not as much as some fans on this site seem to think though!

twentyone
07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
I think as a fan and or as an owner even the Mem Cup win would be more gratifying as people always remember the memorial cup champions not the league champions.

But I think as a player they would rather win the WHL championship. To be the top team in the league takes alot more than a tournament.

curwie
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
I think as a fan and or as an owner even the Mem Cup win would be more gratifying as people always remember the memorial cup champions not the league champions.

But I think as a player they would rather win the WHL championship. To be the top team in the league takes alot more than a tournament.

Me personally without question would be a WHL championship. With that being said, lots of good hockey clubs have gone through the back door before.

lordstanley
07-13-2012, 11:27 PM
For some reason i called us getting McColgan awhile back but didn't guess astels and Olsen in the deal lol

Now i will make another guess I say we pick up Sylvester from the Hitmen who is a 20 and we trade back Cox with something else

lordstanley
08-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Breaking news Matt Revel chooses to play for the Chiliwack Cheifs this season and not the Blades

Via Les Lazaruks twitter

This should open the door more for Graham Stockl and a few others

sbtatter
08-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Breaking news Matt Revel chooses to play for the Chiliwack Cheifs this season and not the Blades

Via Les Lazaruks twitter

This should open the door more for Graham Stockl and a few others

Revel any good?

curwie
08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Revel any good?

Highly touted.

JMoney1988
08-07-2012, 03:29 PM
That sucks, didn't Vancouver Giants had first sighted him???

Trav
08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Tough break for the Blades, I think he would've done well here in his rookie season. Oh well, hope he does well in the BCHL this year.

I just hope the Blades don't trade him now to a BC team and get NOTHING like they did when they traded Sissons. Molleken got owned in that deal. I don't oppose trading him this year but only if they get a solid 18 or 19 yr old that can help with the Memorial Cup run.

Barring any trades I could see this being the opening nite roster.

Goaltenders

Makarov
Moodie

Forwards

Stransky
Nicholls
McColgan
Walker
Sutter
Stovin
Zajac
Benson
Astles
McEvoy
Stockl
Graham
S. Higgins - Listed player who had solid numbers in Midget last year
J. Sinatynski - Had a lot of penalty minutes and a few points here and there. Maybe play a checking role here.
D. Bodie - Had a pretty season last year as well.

Other Possibles - Really can't see to many 16's on the team up front except for Graham. Hickmott looked good in the pre-season but going by his stats in BC midget didn't seem to do very well for whatever reason. Polei who I thought looked good at camp last year could have a shot but probably could use another year of midget rather then be a 4th line guy or in the stands.

Defense

Thrower
Dietz
Siemens
Pufahl
Cox - 20 yr old that could be upgraded.
Lernout - Big kid that hopefully has improved his skating, could be a solid d-man in a couple years
Pichorskiy
Nogier - I like this kid, didn't look out of place last year in the call up game I was at. Like to see him stick.
Hnidy

I think the competition at defense will be pretty good. Probably won't see all 4 rookies stick but I think all can play in the league next year. However many stay mite depend on if they keep Cox and if they acquire a solid goal scoring d-man which they could use.

wango tango
08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Tough break for the Blades, I think he would've done well here in his rookie season. Oh well, hope he does well in the BCHL this year.

I just hope the Blades don't trade him now to a BC team and get NOTHING like they did when they traded Sissons. Molleken got owned in that deal. I don't oppose trading him this year but only if they get a solid 18 or 19 yr old that can help with the Memorial Cup run.

ask around Trav. sissons and family held the blades hostage. he wasn't going to report to the team, it was good of molleken to get something/anything in return for a guy who had no intention of showing up.

that's the problem with so many bc and us kids. they pay no respect to the team that shows faith in them, their talent, their character, and their family by drafting them. it's either, i play in bc, or the us, or i take my toys and go home.

if a saskie kid does the same like cowan did a few years back with spokane, the team and league cries foul. you have to go where you're drafted, etc. etc. etc. lots of pressure put on the player and family, lobbying done, etc. etc. etc.

there's a huge double standard the league needs to address, especially when you consider where the population, and majority of top talented kids in the whl area are coming from. if the league wants all teams to have a shot, they need to do a better job with the west coast families and players.

i'm not saying this is what happened with revel. i'm hoping he and his family were open from the beginning. and it's not a 'i won't play in saskatchewan' thing. trust me it happens a lot, and it's not good for the league.

don't get harsh on molleken for the sissons deal. he did pretty well considering he was painted in a corner.

Trav
08-09-2012, 10:21 PM
ask around Trav. sissons and family held the blades hostage. he wasn't going to report to the team, it was good of molleken to get something/anything in return for a guy who had no intention of showing up.

that's the problem with so many bc and us kids. they pay no respect to the team that shows faith in them, their talent, their character, and their family by drafting them. it's either, i play in bc, or the us, or i take my toys and go home.

if a saskie kid does the same like cowan did a few years back with spokane, the team and league cries foul. you have to go where you're drafted, etc. etc. etc. lots of pressure put on the player and family, lobbying done, etc. etc. etc.

there's a huge double standard the league needs to address, especially when you consider where the population, and majority of top talented kids in the whl area are coming from. if the league wants all teams to have a shot, they need to do a better job with the west coast families and players.

i'm not saying this is what happened with revel. i'm hoping he and his family were open from the beginning. and it's not a 'i won't play in saskatchewan' thing. trust me it happens a lot, and it's not good for the league.

don't get harsh on molleken for the sissons deal. he did pretty well considering he was painted in a corner.

It looks like Revel hasn't closed the door on the Blades yet so thats a good sign. From what I understand he had a pretty good visit here so hopefully he'll decide next year that the WHL route is the way to go. Hopefully the Blades will hold on to his rites.

As for Sissons, I think the team could've done better in that deal but what's done is done lol.

Your right though, the league has to do something so that players aren't always picking where they'll play and won't play. I think the first thing they should do is up the draft age to 16 like the OHL and then have the players opt in to the draft.

The Wheatiemaniac
08-28-2012, 07:34 PM

Barring any trades I could see this being the opening nite roster.

Goaltenders

Makarov
Moodie

Forwards

Stransky
Nicholls
McColgan
Walker
Sutter
Stovin
Zajac
Benson
Astles
McEvoy
Stockl
Graham
S. Higgins - Listed player who had solid numbers in Midget last year
J. Sinatynski - Had a lot of penalty minutes and a few points here and there. Maybe play a checking role here.
D. Bodie - Had a pretty season last year as well.

Other Possibles - Really can't see to many 16's on the team up front except for Graham. Hickmott looked good in the pre-season but going by his stats in BC midget didn't seem to do very well for whatever reason. Polei who I thought looked good at camp last year could have a shot but probably could use another year of midget rather then be a 4th line guy or in the stands.

Defense

Thrower
Dietz
Siemens
Pufahl
Cox - 20 yr old that could be upgraded.
Lernout - Big kid that hopefully has improved his skating, could be a solid d-man in a couple years
Pichorskiy
Nogier - I like this kid, didn't look out of place last year in the call up game I was at. Like to see him stick.
Hnidy

I think the competition at defense will be pretty good. Probably won't see all 4 rookies stick but I think all can play in the league next year. However many stay mite depend on if they keep Cox and if they acquire a solid goal scoring d-man which they could use.

If that is Jesse Sinatynski that was a Wheat King, he was shipped out of town, from what I was told by several people involved with the team, due to a whiny selfish attitude. He's got skills, but not someone you wanna take up a spot with in a Mem Cup year. Walker will give you everything and more you could ever ask for.

Johnny Table
08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
If that is Jesse Sinatynski that was a Wheat King, he was shipped out of town, from what I was told by several people involved with the team, due to a whiny selfish attitude. He's got skills, but not someone you wanna take up a spot with in a Mem Cup year. Walker will give you everything and more you could ever ask for.

Ya Geoffrey the blades are bringing in a 20 yr old who played jr A the past two years for their cup run. You make a fool of yourself every time you post

lordstanley
08-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Ya Geoffrey the blades are bringing in a 20 yr old who played jr A the past two years for their cup run. You make a fool of yourself every time you post

Yeah this kid is either 15 or 16 not the same guy at all

twentyone
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
This possible NHL lockout could potentially hurt a team like the Blades who are hosting the Memorial cup. Lorne has built this team with no threats to lose any players to the Pro’s. However if the NHL does lock its players out could potentially mean there are a lot more teams across the league that will return some good players and make more teams legitimate contenders. This could make it difficult to try and load up for a cup run when there are more competitive teams. Another possible downfall is if lets say a guy like Ryan Murray is back playing for Everett and Lorne makes a deal for him early in the year. If by christmas the NHL resumes, will Columbus bring him up? or leave him play out the year in junior? Could make for some tough decisions

In more ways than one I am sure hoping the NHL figures it out.

lordstanley
08-31-2012, 12:39 PM
This possible NHL lockout could potentially hurt a team like the Blades who are hosting the Memorial cup. Lorne has built this team with no threats to lose any players to the Pro’s. However if the NHL does lock its players out could potentially mean there are a lot more teams across the league that will return some good players and make more teams legitimate contenders. This could make it difficult to try and load up for a cup run when there are more competitive teams. Another possible downfall is if lets say a guy like Ryan Murray is back playing for Everett and Lorne makes a deal for him early in the year. If by christmas the NHL resumes, will Columbus bring him up? or leave him play out the year in junior? Could make for some tough decisions

In more ways than one I am sure hoping the NHL figures it out.

I am not to worried the 20 year old eligible whl players who are already signed by there NHL teams would start playing pro Hockey making money and playing in the AHL, there will be a trickle down effect the so so guy's in the ahl would drop to the echl to make room for talented signed prospects

The only thing that changes is all 19 year old who may have had a chance cracking there NHl teams guy's like reinhart murray etc will be back for sure :D

JMoney1988
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey all, I won't be able to go to all of the games this year, however im selling my seat for $10 for that game, my seat is section l row 3 seat 7, the games are:
October 3 vs Red Deer Rebels
October 10 vs Portland Winterhawks
October 17 vs Tri-City Americans
December 5 vs Spokane Chiefs
January 23 vs Edmonton Oil Kings
February 6 vs PA Raiders
February 20 vs Moose Jaw

If anyone is interested, just text me your name and phone number to 306-281-6651.

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Blades are now down to 14 forwards 8 defense and 3 goalies

they have released Hnidy and Luke McCOLGAN

players hurt are Graham S McColgan Thrower Moodie stransky and Sutter are day to day so it sounds like they will use 7 defense 10 forwards and patrick johnson will start in goal this weekend

all those players besides Graham and maybe Moodie should all be back next weekend

sbtatter
09-14-2012, 11:13 AM
The Like McColgan experiment didn't last very long, what happened?

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 11:36 AM
The Like McColgan experiment didn't last very long, what happened?

Oh well we still have shane mccolgan i am sure luke just wanted to play closer to his brother shane and now will with the north battleford northstars

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh well we still have shane mccolgan i am sure luke just wanted to play closer to his brother shane and now will with the north battleford northstars

Luke McCOLGAN IS JUST WAY TO SMALL 5,9 150LBS AND A LITTLE RUSTY

Western Elite
09-14-2012, 12:45 PM
The paper said the Blades would be dressing 11 forwards and 7 defence this weekend. So likely Stransky and Sutter will play one game each. Not that it matters though at this point as we are talking about exhibition hockey right!?

Trav
09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Luke McCOLGAN IS JUST WAY TO SMALL 5,9 150LBS AND A LITTLE RUSTY

Luke McColgan is listed at 5'11 and 170. Not to small. If he gets off to a good start in Jr. A then maybe we'll see him back on the team at a later date.

JMoney1988
09-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyone going to the game tomorrow night? I know I will be there

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Luke McColgan is listed at 5'11 and 170. Not to small. If he gets off to a good start in Jr. A then maybe we'll see him back on the team at a later date.

I saw Lukes size on his minor team then i guess and no chance in hell you see luke back on the team at a later date this year no room for him or really many young guys at all this year wrong time wrong place we need vets and more vets

Nook
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Blades sign Matt Revel to a standard education contract... He'll be joining the club in P.A.

lordstanley
09-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Blades sign Matt Revel to a standard education contract... He'll be joining the club in P.A.

Nook look back i broke this news yesterday great news though

lordstanley
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Now with the new addition and him being a center i would like to see a few changes like Benson move to the wing hard to say if that will happen but he or mcevoy may have too

Stransky McColgan Walker
Nicholls Sutter Benson
Zajac Revel Stovin
Astels McEvoy Harland
Stockl Graham Bodie

Bodie may be the odd guy out soon

lordstanley
09-20-2012, 08:33 AM
It is now time i give my annual WHL predictions for the 2012-2013 Regular season i have thought about it all quit a bit so i will not really do a write up about why i feel this way unless someone asks me

East Division
1.Saskatoon
2.Moose Jaw
3.Swift Current
4.Prince Albert
5.Regina
6.Brandon

Central Division
1.Edmonton
2.Calgary
3.Red Deer
4.Medicine Hat
5,Lethbridge
6.Kootenay

Conference
1.Edmonton
2.Saskatoon
3.Calgary
4.Moose Jaw
5.Swift Current
6.Red Deer
7.Prince Albert
8.Medicine Hat

Nook
09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't want to sound like an arrogant arse, but the East Division looks really weak this year.

lordstanley
09-20-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't want to sound like an arrogant arse, but the East Division looks really weak this year.

Not arrogant at all, it is true after the Blades it is a little weaker the central is better with teams like EDM Cal and RD

Nook
09-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Part of me kind of wonders if the Blades scouts are going to be keeping their eyes and ears on the NCAA to see if any players wish to join the WHL. You never know what kind of talent may be interested in coming to the WHL.

JMoney1988
09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Now with the new addition and him being a center i would like to see a few changes like Benson move to the wing hard to say if that will happen but he or mcevoy may have too

Stransky McColgan Walker
Nicholls Sutter Benson
Zajac Revel Stovin
Astels McEvoy Harland
Stockl Graham Bodie

Bodie may be the odd guy out soon

Well, one line has already been formed
Nicholls, Revel and Zajac on a line, said in the paper this morning

lordstanley
09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, one line has already been formed
Nicholls, Revel and Zajac on a line, said in the paper this morning

Yeah those were the lines i would have liked to see oh well what there going with is good too and i trust Lorne to make the right decisions this year at least i hope so

flip flop stovin for nicholls and i was damn close

curwie
09-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Not arrogant at all, it is true after the Blades it is a little weaker the central is better with teams like EDM Cal and RD

I don't expect to much out of Red Deer this year, curious to hear why you place them as high as you do. After Inglis and Dumba, there isn't a whole lot to be excited about over there is there?

wango tango
09-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't expect to much out of Red Deer this year, curious to hear why you place them as high as you do. After Inglis and Dumba, there isn't a whole lot to be excited about over there is there?

offensively red deer has a pretty decent group of forwards elson, inglis, mayor, robinson, ness, kambeitz. minus dumba their defense will be the teams weak spot. if the rebels goalie bartosak stays healthy it will make a big difference to the defense and their whole team. his numbers were very strong last season before he went down with an injury.

edmonton looks to be the class of the central division, and the eastern conference. calgary is going to be near the top of the central. kootenay slides back a bit this season. medicine hat may be a dark horse. lethbridge has to get better sometime. not sure where red deer fits in all of that, probably depends on their defense.

lordstanley
09-20-2012, 06:18 PM

Well after CALGARY and Edmonton it is pretty much a flip not saying RD is a slam dunk but teams like Med Hat and Koot lost way to much

it was a toss up a jesse wallin coached team always does good, think back last year when he got most out of his guys when they were knee deep in injuries and were still playing competative with rookies on defense, well those kids are back they will finish third with weaker teams behind them Med Hat will be close just cause they have Shinakarul and Valk

Kootenay cant depend on the younger Reinhart to get past the 2 upper teams and Lethbridge does impress me when it comes to rebuilding the right way next year notice a huge improvment

lordstanley
09-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Also you gotta remeber

When Red Deer had Bartosik healthy last year they got off to a great start the guy was very good in net à

now think of the bottom 3 teams who are tarting goalies okay
MH Marek Langhamer unproven
Koot Mackenzie skapski okay we will see

Bartosol when he played showed me something so that is why sort of and they will be strog defense

Trevor
09-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd agree with you on the central. But I think you're over dating swifty and MJ and under rating PA, Bdn, and Regina.

Saskatoon is obviously the class of the division this season, but after that I don't think there will be much separating MJ, PA, Bdn, and Regina.

MJ lost some key pieces and will take a step back. PA will be much improved. Regina will want to build on last year. On paper at least, Brandon has one of if not the best group of dmen in the division, and Boes showed much improvement over his rookie season, and I see no reason that won't continue this year. Gone will be the run and gun KM style, but I think you'll see Bdn win a lot of low scoring games.

Once I get home and look at things more I'll post my division prediction.

ofhdhdy
09-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Anyone have an idea on what the lines are going to look like tonight?

lordstanley
09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Anyone have an idea on what the lines are going to look like tonight?

Yep

Stransky McColgan Walker
Nicholls Revel Zajac
Benson Sutter Stovin
Astles McEvoy Stockl

Siemens Thrower
Dietz Cox
Pufahl Lernout

Makarov
Moodie

ofhdhdy
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks.

ofhdhdy
09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
No Captains/Assistants this year? Seems like the Blades are the only team without any listed on the whl site in the game summaries.

lordstanley
09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
No Captains/Assistants this year? Seems like the Blades are the only team without any listed on the whl site in the game summaries.

He is gonna make them earn it not so sure i would give siemens back the C tonight

lordstanley
09-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Blades win a great goaltending battle tonight

Revel looked really good and got a point

Trav
09-21-2012, 11:41 PM

I think the captains should be...

C - Thrower
A - Siemens
A - Sutter
A - Walker

I know it probably won't be like this but really these are the guys id go with.

JMoney1988
09-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I wonder if they will be handing out any novelty items for tonight's game, like hit sticks or something..., I will admit Moose Jaw did a really nice job, with the red sticks lighting up and green lightning........

JMoney1988
09-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Who is all going to the tailgate party today as well as the game???? I am

Trav
09-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I wonder if they will be handing out any novelty items for tonight's game, like hit sticks or something..., I will admit Moose Jaw did a really nice job, with the red sticks lighting up and green lightning........

I can't see the Blades competing with what the Warriors did last night. The Blades to me stunk last year when it came to the between the whistles and during the intermission entertainment, it was always the same.

lordstanley
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
It is going to be interesting to see how many games Nicholls gets to day for his hit on Hodder

My guess is 1 game and he already served it on saturday night why i say 1 is a.he is not a repeat offender and 2 the guy never got injured on the play in fact i watched the archive and hodder turned to his side at the last second he actually kind of sold it well

lordstanley
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
And i also think Revel is being show cased right now for a trade he is getting a tonn of mins and playing in all situations no doubt it my mind scouts are out watching him from other teams

i know he does not have a no trade claus so anything is possible here

curwie
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
And i also think Revel is being show cased right now for a trade he is getting a tonn of mins and playing in all situations no doubt it my mind scouts are out watching him from other teams

i know he does not have a no trade claus so anything is possible here

I don't know about that. I read in the headline with him signing that he signed a standard WHL education contract. I'll have to look again.

Yep here's the article from whl.ca http://www.whl.ca/article/blades-ink-top-prospect-revel

Looks like Matt would have to agree to be traded.

lordstanley
09-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't know about that. I read in the headline with him signing that he signed a standard WHL education contract. I'll have to look again.

Yep here the article from whl.ca http://www.whl.ca/article/blades-ink-top-prospect-revel

Looks like Matt would have to agree to be traded.

For the most part these days all players have to agree it is not like it use to be i can really see the Blades trading him the value would be high i would like to see Revel and other traded to vancouver in a package for musil and franson we shall see

lordstanley
09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Josh Nicholls gets 1 game so he will be playing this wednesday in brandon the league got this 1 right

09/22/12 Josh Nicholls Saskatoon One game for charge major and g.m. at Prince Albert on September 21

http://whl.ca/page/WHL-discipline

Trav
09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
I really can't see Revel being traded now. I think the reason he signed was cuz the Blades made a promise he'd get to play in the memorial cup, just my opinion. He's got a lot of playing time cuz he's better then quite a few forwards

curwie
09-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I really can't see Revel being traded now. I think the reason he signed was cuz the Blades made a promise he'd get to play in the memorial cup, just my opinion. He's got a lot of playing time cuz he's better then quite a few forwards

He looks really good out there I'll give you that.

wango tango
09-24-2012, 09:27 PM
the family of any whl player attending high school, has as part of their standard education contract the right to veto any trade involving their child. once a player has completed high school that part of the contract is voided. basically it gives a player the ability to control where they can, and cannot, get traded to while they are in school.

curwie
09-24-2012, 09:44 PM
the family of any whl player attending high school, has as part of their standard education contract the right to veto any trade involving their child. once a player has completed high school that part of the contract is voided. basically it gives a player the ability to control where they can, and cannot, get traded to while they are in school.

Yep. To add to to that, it gives them the right to veto any trade any where. We discussed this at length last year when Benson's name was brought up for not wanting to go to Brandon as a part of the Schenn deal.

lordstanley
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Well Blades lose the defense looked lazy played undicipline again giving the Wheaties 5 power plays in the third i for 1 dont feel sorry for the team at all they deserve this

Make the final 9-6 for Brandon there fans get a free breakfast

curwie
09-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Brutal. Discipline killed us in the playoffs last year too. This better not continue for long.

reims
09-26-2012, 08:31 PM
undisciplined may be an understatement...the stransky penalty was ridiculous (shooting puck over glass after whistle)...this something little kids do like slamming there stick on the boards or ice...has lorne lost this team already? most of the time lack f discipline is directly related to coaching or lack there of...we even take shots on our own net now too...this team is a train wreck right now.

Trav
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
All I'll say is Molleken better get off his ass and do something

lordstanley
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
undisciplined may be an understatement...the stransky penalty was ridiculous (shooting puck over glass after whistle)...this something little kids do like slamming there stick on the boards or ice...has lorne lost this team already? most of the time lack f discipline is directly related to coaching or lack there of...we even take shots on our own net now too...this team is a train wreck right now.

Not a real good showing specially for a Memorial Cup host team you can really tell they are missing Paradis Trask and Burns that was our shut down line last season we are really lacking in defensive forwards i have seen so many god damn 2 on 1 plays against us this year it is rediculous

lordstanley
09-26-2012, 08:47 PM
All I'll say is Molleken better get off his ass and do something

I know it is only 3 games in but to me it is already panic mode if they were 1 and 2 losing by a goal each game maybe not but they are losing badly and taking horrible penaltys

to me they are missing some good defensive forwards need a shut down line

reims
09-26-2012, 08:55 PM
shutdown lines are developed through coaching...we have the talent, they need to be shown how to do it and accept the role...to me its a direct lack of coaching

lordstanley
09-26-2012, 08:57 PM
shutdown lines are developed through coaching...we have the talent, they need to be shown how to do it and accept the role...to me its a direct lack of coaching

Well then time to bring in a dave adolf type from the huskies broadsky may be forced into this situation this year

mjw22
09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
At what point do they hit the OMG we're f##fed panic button. 30 games in maybe xmas . What lengths do they go to to be a contender if they arent. The consensus outside of toon town is right now they aren't a contender. How safe is Lornes job if the message isnt getting through? Be interesting to hear what blades fans expect from management.
Last year I thought our GM came up short by not gettting a goalie when Siemens fell off track and another veteran dman.

Tidball
09-29-2012, 05:28 PM
At what point do they hit the OMG we're f##fed panic button. 30 games in maybe xmas . What lengths do they go to to be a contender if they arent. The consensus outside of toon town is right now they aren't a contender. How safe is Lornes job if the message isnt getting through? Be interesting to hear what blades fans expect from management.
Last year I thought our GM came up short by not gettting a goalie when Siemens fell off track and another veteran dman.

There should be no "buts" The Blades will play their 4th game of the season tonight. Give a MINIMUM of 10 before posting anything relevant to how the rest may play out(and even 10 is early)

lordstanley
09-29-2012, 06:37 PM
There should be no "buts" The Blades will play their 4th game of the season tonight. Give a MINIMUM of 10 before posting anything relevant to how the rest may play out(and even 10 is early)

BINGO !!

Trav
09-29-2012, 09:37 PM
A much needed win for the team tonite. Score the tying goal in the last three minutes of the game and then win it in overtime.

That Bow kid from the Broncos looks good in net.

Trav
09-29-2012, 09:39 PM

If the Blades don't win it then if I'm Brodsky I'd relieve Molleken of both positions but doubt that'll happen. He's has opportunities to build a contending team but so far he's blown it.

lordstanley
09-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Was good too see Astles drop them last night first 1 of the season i think i see it every game no 1 wants to fight the guy dale did put up a good fight decision to astels by a small margain

stovin fighting surprised me he got pumbled by nedomel

franchise
10-01-2012, 05:59 PM
For the most part these days all players have to agree it is not like it use to be i can really see the Blades trading him the value would be high i would like to see Revel and other traded to vancouver in a package for musil and franson we shall see

A trade that almost happened last year was in the works for Burns younger brother, Nathan. Believe me by himself he is a better addition than Musil and Franson. Franson is smoke and mirrors and makes no-one around him better. Musil is so slow it is scary. Burns, currently playing center for the G-men on their first line, is a genuine team guy who can skate, finish, pass, kills penalties and plays pp - and makes line-mates better. Other than the fact I would hate to see him leave, he is a well kept secret in this league and I would love to see him get a chance at the Memorial Cup.

wango tango
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/an-answer-leads-to-more-questions/itemid_64

have to agree with there being more questions now. siemens does not receive a letter of any sort, has to be a shot to the pride. have to wonder what is going on inside the dressing room, and team chemistry right now. is siemens future for this season with saskatoon?

Western Elite
10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
No, I would say they will trade off some of their best players and more mainly the defenseman! :rolleyes:

lordstanley
10-02-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/an-answer-leads-to-more-questions/itemid_64

have to agree with there being more questions now. siemens does not receive a letter of any sort, has to be a shot to the pride. have to wonder what is going on inside the dressing room, and team chemistry right now. is siemens future for this season with saskatoon?

Well Siemens was sure a rock on Saturday night after getting stripped of the C and his break away pass to Nicholls in OT was a thing of beauty

It is also 4 games in the panic button shall not be started yet

Over and out !!

curwie
10-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Damn I wish Lorne and Charles Inglis would just bury the hatchet. He was the second star in PA tonight a leads the league with 6 goals. Red Deer has 4 overagers.

curwie
10-03-2012, 10:19 PM
This team has a lot of work to do. We don't even look like a playoff team thus far.

lordstanley
10-03-2012, 10:24 PM
This team has a lot of work to do. We don't even look like a playoff team thus far.

We let up way to many odd man rushes Matt Dumbas goal i gotta say was a thing of beauty though

We were all over RD in the first period but we let them hang around and Bartosak was unreal then our second period was pure crap the RD came back for the lead and never looked back Makarov was also a little weak at time letting up soft rebounds

curwie
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
We let up way to many odd man rushes Matt Dumbas goal i gotta say was a thing of beauty though

We were all over RD in the first period but we let them hang around and Bartosak was unreal then our second period was pure crap the RD came back for the lead and never looked back Makarov was also a little weak at time letting up soft rebounds

Get rid of the ****in documentry TV cameras, shut you ****in mouths, stay disciplined, and play hard!

lordstanley
10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
So coming up we have Swift on Friday and in Edmonton on Saturday if we lose Friday we could easily be 2-5 after this weekend then what Lorne É is the panic button pushed enough for you yet ?

lordstanley
10-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Get rid of the ****in documentry TV cameras, shut you ****in mouths, stay disciplined, and play hard!

I feel that too i was so pissed off leaving the rink tonight

curwie
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I feel that too i was so pissed off leaving the rink tonight

Your not the only one man!

west coast
10-03-2012, 11:22 PM
I really like the Blades roster.It is hard to understand their lack of success thus far.There do have a few new players that are learning the system which will take time.I thought the Blades first period was outstanding.There were taking the body and winning most of the face offs.The Blades basically lost the game by being undisclipined taking far too many penalties.I thought the Astles charging penalty in the second could have been a 5 minute major and was some what of a turning point.Red Deer played a strong smart road game.The Dumba goal was indeed a highlight reel goal and maybe the best goal i have seen thus far this season.McColgan looked invisible, he is a much better player than what he has shown so far with the Blades

west coast
10-03-2012, 11:23 PM
is Jesse Astles the best fighter in the league- ? he sure schooled the Rebel player that he fought tonight

curwie
10-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I really like the Blades roster.It is hard to understand their lack of success thus far.There do have a few new players that are learning the system which will take time.I thought the Blades first period was outstanding.There were taking the body and winning most of the face offs.The Blades basically lost the game by being undisclipined taking far too many penalties.I thought the Astles charging penalty in the second could have been a 5 minute major and was some what of a turning point.Red Deer played a strong smart road game.The Dumba goal was indeed a highlight reel goal and maybe the best goal i have seen thus far this season.McColgan looked invisible, he is a much better player than what he has shown so far with the Blades

Stransky needs to wake up as well. The Astles penalty was dumb. I
would have sat him the rest of the game after that.

lordstanley
10-03-2012, 11:35 PM
is Jesse Astles the best fighter in the league- ? he sure schooled the Rebel player that he fought tonight

Best fighter in the league not sure he had a draw with Daniel Dale in Swift Current but tonight he did win his fight he is for sure of the tougher ones in the league

Yeah Sometimes i feel McColgan is almost to fast for game play as funny as that may sound he is way up ice then we lose control maybe it is all gelling who knows

lordstanley
10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Stransky needs to wake up as well. The Astles penalty was dumb. I
would have sat him the rest of the game after that.

I agree Stransky is playing selfish hockey and that goes back a few games ago with his dumb swinging the stick incicdent that he got called for unsportsmanlike and that costed us a goal i believe

WAKE UP BLADES WAKE UP !!

SectionNDeserter
10-04-2012, 06:25 AM
is Jesse Astles the best fighter in the league- ? he sure schooled the Rebel player that he fought tonightJust to point out, the guy he schooled is playing in his 5th or 6th WHL game, and that was his first ever fight.

reims
10-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Just to point out, the guy he schooled is playing in his 5th or 6th WHL game, and that was his first ever fight.

I agree he should "school" a player like that, In the 2 fights i seen him in he hasnt wowed anyone over, there are definitely tougher guys in the league, you will see more challengers now since he wasnt able to do any damage to his last two opponents...eventho astles may have won the fight, did you take a look at the red deer bench? they were cheering like they just scored a goal or won the game! kudos to him.

BillyBean
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Rumour mills heating up!

Siemens to Vancouver. Musil to Saskatoon.

Other possible F's involved Benson or Stransky (Giants have an import spot), haven't heard who is coming to Blades from Giants as far as F goes.

reims
10-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Rumour mills heating up!

Other possible F's involved Benson or Stransky (Giants have an import spot), haven't heard who is coming to Blades from Giants as far as F goes.

your sources are???

BigCat20
10-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Dont think cameras are a problem. Need to find some scoring, and maybe a bit better goaltending. Maybe this will be a blessing........adversity to begin the year. There was going to be a tough stretch somewhere thru the season. I find the Siemens possible trade abit of a head scratcher. He (imo) had a great game last night, besides the d.o.g. penalty. Really dont think Musil is an upgrade. Stransky is lazy in defensive zone(typical euro, lol) but should score. Be interesting if Lorne pulls the trigger this early. Wasnt expecting much movement for another month.

sbtatter
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Rumour mills heating up!

Will the Blades finally be able to dump the under performing Benson for a decent return?
I still say the Blades need 2 more true 1st line scorers, and at least 1 top d-man if they hope to compete with Edm.

franchise
10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Rumour mills heating up!

Siemens for Musil. No one wins that trade. But I can see these two (the teams) being trade partners anytime soon (or late)

Trav
10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
There's five Giants I wouldn't mind seeing in a Blades uniform. Fransoon, Musil, Kulak, Burns and Cheek. Their not elite by any means but I think their pretty decent players and would boost the scoring on the team.

franchise
10-04-2012, 05:03 PM
that's a good group. I would add Houck. But he is a 17 year old and I doubt they would want to move him and Cheek is a 20 year old creating it's own problem. Franson is a floater capitalizing on others hard work but he can shoot the puck. Burns is the sleeper in the group and would be perfect here.

lordstanley
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
that's a good group. I would add Houck. But he is a 17 year old and I doubt they would want to move him and Cheek is a 20 year old creating it's own problem. Franson is a floater capitalizing on others hard work but he can shoot the puck. Burns is the sleeper in the group and would be perfect here.

I dont believe this trade rumor until i see it on the star phoenix or the news

BigCat20
10-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I dont believe this trade rumor until i see it on the star phoenix or the news

Or on twatter....right steven!

lordstanley
10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Or on twatter....right steven!

I was being sarcastic but that is right Bud !!

BigCat20
10-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I was being sarcastic but that is right Bud !!
I know.......so was I!!!

We are in the day and age where Twitter is the fastest way of finding out news. Someone is traded, tells a friend/family member, who tweets the news. You'll be out of the loop if you wait for the paper or even Cody to post it. So its really "who" you know or "who" you follow!

lordstanley
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I know.......so was I!!!

We are in the day and age where Twitter is the fastest way of finding out news. Someone is traded, tells a friend/family member, who tweets the news. You'll be out of the loop if you wait for the paper or even Cody to post it. So its really "who" you know or "who" you follow!

Bingo but i even i beat cody nickolodeon to the news and he hates that stuff trust me if you break the news before him he will say nothing is official until it goes through the blades office lol

Dwight Schrute
10-04-2012, 10:55 PM
So did the blades move Siemens ? Or is it a rumour

reims
10-05-2012, 10:59 AM
So did the blades move Siemens ? Or is it a rumour

Rumour....altho he may be being shopped around (be very suprized if him and a lot of other players too arent being shopped)....This team needs a change of some sort, weather it be players, coaoching staff, or whatever...the specil teams have been terrible, so maybe a change in philosophy is needed in that dept? the team seems to go through spirts of a game where they totally dominate but cant score, then without notice they stop working and lose battles all over he ice...hate to say it but my personal opinion is a coaching change is needed (very rare it will happen)...It looks like the players have given up on work ethic and systems...disappointing start to a very important season.

curwie
10-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Rumour....altho he may be being shopped around (be very suprized if him and a lot of other players too arent being shopped)....This team needs a change of some sort, weather it be players, coaoching staff, or whatever...the specil teams have been terrible, so maybe a change in philosophy is needed in that dept? the team seems to go through spirts of a game where they totally dominate but cant score, then without notice they stop working and lose battles all over he ice...hate to say it but my personal opinion is a coaching change is needed (very rare it will happen)...It looks like the players have given up on work ethic and systems...disappointing start to a very important season.

Not to mention discipline problems are routinely huge issues.

sbtatter
10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Lorne's a dinasour in coaching terms, we all said last year when you were announced as Mem Cup hosts, he should get a good young coach in and concentrate as GM. Blades always revert to gooning it up, and then choke in the playoffs, players change but the coach has been a constant through the last 3 years.....

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Lorne's a dinasour in coaching terms, we all said last year when you were announced as Mem Cup hosts, he should get a good young coach in and concentrate as GM. Blades always revert to gooning it up, and then choke in the playoffs, players change but the coach has been a constant through the last 3 years.....

Feel better now ? solid vent !

sbtatter
10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Feel better now ? solid vent !

No venting, just an opinion! What part do you disagree with?
Here's another opinion
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/saskatoon-blades-hit-bump-road-hosting-mastercard-memorial-133444279.html

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
There you have it 2-0 for the Broncos already perhaps 0-3 at home after this 1 lol

franchise
10-05-2012, 07:53 PM
In the Dub, it isn't who you brought o the dance, it's all about with whom you go home. I'm thinking that a few guys are playing themselves right out of a chance to play in the Mem cup and Lorne will take license plates. By the end of the year, the team that stepped on the ice opening day will bear little resemblance to the one who finishes it. And clearly, some of these guys haven't even figured that out.

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Lorne said he really wanted a victory tonight what do you do when you really want that well you sit Makarov for Moodie and healthy scratch Thrower after he had a strong game last time out and scored a goal

Yep makes perfect sence

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 08:13 PM
5-1 Broncos levi Bews is all over the ice time to pull moodie

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 08:22 PM
7-1 Broncos now and 10 may come rather quickly Moodie couldnt stop a beach ball tonight poor guy was hung out to dry though

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
9-1 now we may as well just lose 15-1 and trade some of the guys who dont care to be here tomorrow

Trav
10-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Unbelievable...Brodsky and Molleken were FOOLS for putting in a bid to host the Memorial Cup.

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Unbelievable...Brodsky and Molleken were FOOLS for putting in a bid to host the Memorial Cup.
We still may be losing but to sit thrower as a healthy scratch is weird and not to start makarov

Oh well i hope there is moves sooner than later got edmonton tomorrow night Blades should be a nice 2-5 after that 1

auch07
10-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Disgusted to be a Blades fan right now. Siemens should never touch CUC ice again after tonight. Sadly I could list 5 or more others that shouldn't along with em. Struch couldn't coach the powerplay to a goal if it was a 5 man advantage right now. Lorne better get extra phone lines put in tomorrow or better yet apologize to the fan base and resign as Coach and Gm.

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah Blades have given up 30 goals in 6 games that works out to be a average of 5 goals a game letting up yep that will sure get the job done lmao

chalk_one_up
10-05-2012, 09:28 PM
What is wrong with the world?

The Raiders are a good team (albeit for this season only) and the Blades in a MC season are ****ting the bed. Also PG with 2 inexperienced goalies are doing extremely well, as is Victoria.

Very odd things are happening. I just don't think Lorne is as good of a coach as some have indicated. I just think it's time for him to take a step back, assume the role of one position and let someone else coach and guide this team. Obviously the players are tuning Lorne out and before it snowballs into something tragic, something must be done. Under normal circumstances the panic button wouldn't be pushed, but this season isn't normal circumstances for the Blades.

What worries me about this trade is what can the Blades barter with to acquire talent? Everything they had was fleeced away by Kelly McCrimmon.

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 09:31 PM
What is wrong with the world?

The Raiders are a good team (albeit for this season only) and the Blades in a MC season are ****ting the bed. Also PG with 2 inexperienced goalies are doing extremely well, as is Victoria.

Very odd things are happening. I just don't think Lorne is as good of a coach as some have indicated. I just think it's time for him to take a step back, assume the role of one position and let someone else coach and guide this team. Obviously the players are tuning Lorne out and before it snowballs into something tragic, something must be done. Under normal circumstances the panic button wouldn't be pushed, but this season isn't normal circumstances for the Blades.

What worries me about this trade is what can the Blades barter with to acquire talent? Everything they had was fleeced away by Kelly McCrimmon.

Another 1 is Ty Rattie with 1 point in 5 games weird start to the season

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Good to see Ryan Olsen doing good 2 goals tonight and 4 on the year Shane McColgan has a big fat 0 lol

west coast
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
was at the game and found it disturbing that Blades gave up alot of chances but Makarov should start every game - Moodie couldnt stop a beachball tonight.The Blades lacked energy all night- each player has to look at himself in the mirror after this game.The Blades are finding out alot about what kind of character they have on the team.[I]The Blades have a good core group but they need to tweak the lineup .It appears like alot of new faces will be in town soon

reims
10-05-2012, 10:28 PM
coaching change needed...the end

mjw22
10-05-2012, 10:33 PM
That panic button I spoke of earlier Lorne is JUMPING on it. Has Lorne lost the room old time coach new style players ? :o LS i dont think you'll need 20-24 games to assess this bunch. With the blades Cup history its like someone put a curse on them in 1966 lol

Trav
10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
It's almost like the 7 win season all over again. I'm sure they'll win more then 7 games but still.

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 10:57 PM
It is down right pathetic selfish big ego hockey and it needs to end i would say yes Lorne lost the dressing room already

I have been to the first 3 home games i am not going till they get there ass in gear and win 1 at home prove me wrong Blades prove me wrong

mjw22
10-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I heard there's a broken ankle epidemic in toon town with all the ppl jumping off the Memorial Cup band wagon. lol Suprised that the SC fans aren't ripping ya after the low market teams comment a couple weeks ago. As one of the low market teams you referred to I am enjoying this. lol By the way didn't my low market team finish way ahead of your team and may again this year :)

lordstanley
10-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I heard there's a broken ankle epidemic in toon town with all the ppl jumping off the Memorial Cup band wagon. lol Suprised that the SC fans aren't ripping ya after the low market teams comment a couple weeks ago. As one of the low market teams you referred to I am enjoying this. lol By the way didn't my low market team finish way ahead of your team and may again this year :)

Well i believe i am not wrong 2 smaller cities it only makes sence that you are lower market teams and yes it was funny to see you guys argue like a old married couple now go to bed mj22

mjw22
10-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Well i believe i am not wrong 2 smaller cities it only makes sence that you are lower market teams and yes it was funny to see you guys argue like a old married couple now go to bed mj22

oh I think you will have many a sleepless night this year :)

west coast
10-06-2012, 12:43 AM
whats up with coach starting Moodie and then keeps the kid in net for 7 goals on 19 shots - and leaves Makarov on the bench because??? i think the coach wants to get fired based on that logic

lordstanley
10-06-2012, 12:49 AM
oh I think you will have many a sleepless night this year :)

I dont lose sleep from hockey you tool bag cause after all it is just a game and we all have bigger problems than some sport we watch with our free time dissipointed yes but losing sleep no i dont think so dawg

mjw22
10-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I dont lose sleep from hockey you tool bag cause after all it is just a game and we all have bigger problems than some sport we watch with our free time dissipointed yes but losing sleep no i dont think so dawg

lol grumpy or what :D but seriously what is Lorne doing

lordstanley
10-06-2012, 12:57 AM
lol grumpy or what :D but seriously what is Lorne doing

All i know is i am far from a homer you will see me say good thing about the team when there doing good and bad things when they are ****ting the bed like they are now

it is simple really to many big ego,s on the team they think things will come easy and teams will just roll over for them

mjw22
10-06-2012, 01:07 AM
All i know is i am far from a homer you will see me say good thing about the team when there doing good and bad things when they are ****ting the bed like they are now

it is simple really to many big ego,s on the team they think things will come easy and teams will just roll over for them

could it be that they have lost faith in Lorne after the schenn deal stripping the captain etc

reims
10-06-2012, 09:28 AM
could it be that they have lost faith in Lorne after the schenn deal stripping the captain etc

among other things like putting graham on 2nd line (not only a rookie but was hurt up till now)....allowing pufahl to play in this league (so slow!!! single handedly give up 2 goals)....allowing your future star goalie to get torn apart, eventho we were even shooting the puck into our own net, it did nothing for his confidence)...i realize it was all about giving makarov a break, lets get realistic that he cant play every minuit of every game, however maybe we need an older goalie with experience for the remainder of the year?? Stripping the "c" off siemens backfired big time, not hard to see that (I know there are a lot of haters of siemens in the crowd but every other team in the dub would love to have this kid)...Thrower was sat becuase of a selfish penalty on inglis that would allow the winning goal to be scored, so there was method to that madness on lornes part (will it backfire too?)...this team has so many problems right now i probobly missed alot, just a few glaring ones i noticed (one more i thought of was the powerplay, do we only have one set play? backdoor to mccolgan?? even the average fan in the crowd can read this play, very easy to defend, we look lost once that was taken away after the 2nd time in a row we tried it) i dont know who is handling special teams but get rid of em...on a brighter note is it just me or has Mcevoy really improved this year? in his limited ice time he has gotten he is one of the few working his ass off and creating chances, I know bladesvoice reads this forum would be nice to get him some credit on air...surely changes are needed

mjw22
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I think ownership and the WHL saw a chance to put $$$$ in their pockets at the expense of the players. Lorne may have known he didnt have the team but was told to assemble one that could compete and so far its not working.In this league no one is going to help him and now that the wheels are falling off the price is going up.

sbtatter
10-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I think ownership and the WHL saw a chance to put $$$$ in their pockets at the expense of the players. Lorne may have known he didnt have the team but was told to assemble one that could compete and so far its not working.In this league no one is going to help him and now that the wheels are falling off the price is going up.

It was pretty clear when the league chose the Blades that they didn't have an elite group of players, and they didn't have the assets to trade their way into contention. Lethbridge were in a worse situation. Too bad Edm didn't bid to host.

Trevor
10-06-2012, 01:20 PM
It was pretty clear when the league chose the Blades that they didn't have an elite group of players, and they didn't have the assets to trade their way into contention. Lethbridge were in a worse situation. Too bad Edm didn't bid to host.

Edmonton and Calgary can't bid because they can't 100% guarantee their building will be available.

west coast
10-06-2012, 01:21 PM
the Blades will have to upgrade at all positions and a backup goalie is the first thing that needs to be addressed.Unfortunately the Blades will have to part with youth and draft picks to try and compete now for the Memorial cup bid.I like the core group of Blades but maybe upgrades would include more speed - The team looked sluggish last night but a goalie that gives up 7 goals on 19 shots will take the sail out of any team

lordstanley
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM
I hear 19 year old Goalie from Spokane Mac Engel has been placed on waivers today that would be a great backup to have he put up solid numbers last year

BigCat20
10-06-2012, 02:10 PM
No venting, just an opinion! What part do you disagree with?
Here's another opinion
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/saskatoon-blades-hit-bump-road-hosting-mastercard-memorial-133444279.html

Great article.......clown with a blog who uses someone elses quotes and a pic from what 12 yrs ago. You find something a teammate says, stating Siemens is a bad teammate, then I'll believe it. I'd put money on no one ever saying it.....non issue in that dressing room. As for the Blades gooning it up, it been three years since Mcnaughts been on the team. He was used more that just a goon but nice try. Coming for you, that doesnt mean much. Speaking of gooning it up, all Ferland did in the games here was try to fight. Maybe he should have focused on scoring. If we are going to believe all press clippings, Ferland might have more issues that just playing hockey. Maybe you should get some real proof first. Guess you know 1st hand when a coach has lost a team. You post here alot, complaining we have no business bidding on the Memorial Cup. Are you jealous? Maybe our beautiful building, increasing season ticket holders, big city vs. small town, passionate & numerous Blades fans who post here or what??? We get your point.....how many time are you going to say the same thing. You mad Schenn wont be remembered as a wheatking? The schenn trade only looks bad because we didnt go further. The only piece I wish he hadnt have gave up was Nikkel. Then it wouldnt have been lopsided. You dont know what this team will look like or what other teams will be in it. How about we continue this a day after the cup has been awarded, then one of us will be able to say the other is wrong.

If you think Thrower was sat cuz a stupid penalty, then half the team would be sat for their selfish penalties. Pretty easy to jump all over the team right now.....6 games in. For everyone that says Lorne has lost the team, I say bull****. Guys arent scoring and penaties/PK been terrible. Bottom line! Once the score got to 5-1, they pretty much gave up. Not saying he's perfect.....he's build some really good teams the last few years. But no, they havent performed in the playoffs. I'm sure he's know that. He hasnt motivated them in playoff games. Guys that prove they want to play here will stay and the other will be gone. Funny people saying he will have no one to trade with.....really, this is the first time a whl team has hosted the cup and needed to make upgrades! Obviously he's going to over pay but who doesnt at the trade deadline? As for the young guys playing with older guys....why not? Maybe he wants to see what they can do or showcase them for trades. Having all the vets together on lines together hasnt worked either. They are generating chance......out shot Swift last night with a couple posts, too. Maybe a little patience and see how the next couple weeks unfold. No use trading for low level players. Why send out prospects and picks for scraps. Save them & lets get the couple top tier players we need then go from there.

sbtatter
10-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Great article.......clown with a blog who uses someone elses quotes and a pic from what 12 yrs ago. You find something a teammate says, stating Siemens is a bad teammate, then I'll believe it. I'd put money on no one ever saying it.....non issue in that dressing room. As for the Blades gooning it up, it been three years since Mcnaughts been on the team. He was used more that just a goon but nice try. Coming for you, that doesnt mean much. Speaking of gooning it up, all Ferland did in the games here was try to fight. Maybe he should have focused on scoring. If we are going to believe all press clippings, Ferland might have more issues that just playing hockey. Maybe you should get some real proof first. Guess you know 1st hand when a coach has lost a team. You post here alot, complaining we have no business bidding on the Memorial Cup. Are you jealous? Maybe our beautiful building, increasing season ticket holders, big city vs. small town, passionate & numerous Blades fans who post here or what??? We get your point.....how many time are you going to say the same thing. You mad Schenn wont be remembered as a wheatking? The schenn trade only looks bad because we didnt go further. The only piece I wish he hadnt have gave up was Nikkel. Then it wouldnt have been lopsided. You dont know what this team will look like or what other teams will be in it. How about we continue this a day after the cup has been awarded, then one of us will be able to say the other is wrong.

If you think Thrower was sat cuz a stupid penalty, then half the team would be sat for their selfish penalties. Pretty easy to jump all over the team right now.....6 games in. For everyone that says Lorne has lost the team, I say bull****. Guys arent scoring and penaties/PK been terrible. Bottom line! Once the score got to 5-1, they pretty much gave up. Not saying he's perfect.....he's build some really good teams the last few years. But no, they havent performed in the playoffs. I'm sure he's know that. He hasnt motivated them in playoff games. Guys that prove they want to play here will stay and the other will be gone. Funny people saying he will have no one to trade with.....really, this is the first time a whl team has hosted the cup and needed to make upgrades! Obviously he's going to over pay but who doesnt at the trade deadline? As for the young guys playing with older guys....why not? Maybe he wants to see what they can do or showcase them for trades. Having all the vets together on lines together hasnt worked either. They are generating chance......out shot Swift last night with a couple posts, too. Maybe a little patience and see how the next couple weeks unfold. No use trading for low level players. Why send out prospects and picks for scraps. Save them & lets get the couple top tier players we need then go from there.
Ouch, sorry for touching a nerve, now that's a rant Pepper could be proud of, I don't blame you considering the situation you're in! I didn't write that article so won't defend what's in there about the coach losing the room, or player dissent. For the other stuff, no, I'm not jealous of the Blades rink, or Saskatoon. I could move to Saskatoon if I'd like, but choose not to. Or the wildly over optimistic Blades fans whenever they go on a 5 game winning streak, it's all entertaining to the rest of the league! You can bid for all the Mem Cups you like, but try and have a better core group of players next time. Schenn, remembered as a Blade? Likely not, all his good junior moments were in a WK or Team Canada jersey, but hey, if you just remember him as a Blade, good on you. The trade looks brutal on you because you didn't advance any further in the playoffs, that's why you got him., thanks to that trade we have Nikkel, Papirny and Hawryluk, going to be core players the next 3 seasons. Ferland, well I think he's done just fine on the ice, getting himself a contract, not so fine off the ice until the court case is over.
Anyways, thanks for the entertainment this season Blades, and the constant choking in the playoffs, it gives the rest of the league something to laugh at. And if you do win the Mem Cup, I will come on here and admit I was wrong. If you don't win the Mem Cup, I hope you man up and admit the same, sound like a deal?!

BigCat20
10-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Ouch, sorry for touching a nerve, now that's a rant Pepper could be proud of, I don't blame you considering the situation you're in! I didn't write that article so won't defend what's in there about the coach losing the room, or player dissent. For the other stuff, no, I'm not jealous of the Blades rink, or Saskatoon. I could move to Saskatoon if I'd like, but choose not to. Or the wildly over optimistic Blades fans whenever they go on a 5 game winning streak, it's all entertaining to the rest of the league! You can bid for all the Mem Cups you like, but try and have a better core group of players next time. Schenn, remembered as a Blade? Likely not, all his good junior moments were in a WK or Team Canada jersey, but hey, if you just remember him as a Blade, good on you. The trade looks brutal on you because you didn't advance any further in the playoffs, that's why you got him., thanks to that trade we have Nikkel, Papirny and Hawryluk, going to be core players the next 3 seasons. Ferland, well I think he's done just fine on the ice, getting himself a contract, not so fine off the ice until the court case is over.
Anyways, thanks for the entertainment this season Blades, and the constant choking in the playoffs, it gives the rest of the league something to laugh at. And if you do win the Mem Cup, I will come on here and admit I was wrong. If you don't win the Mem Cup, I hope you man up and admit the same, sound like a deal?!

So no one should ever take the chance on bettering your team by making a trade. Pretty easy to say you won the trade after the fact. What if the Blades won the whl title? Would you still say you won? Maybe we should wait & see how these prospects play for a couple yr before you call them allstars. Better to take the chance then sit & finger yourself. You made some moves involving picks & prospects for you mem cup run. Was that pointless? You could say all moves that teams make beside the finals winner as terrible moves. We get your point you don't think we are right for the right to host. My question is, how many times do you have to state the same point? 5,10 or 20 times. Would you get sick of hearing me come on the wk site & say your start is all luck & your destined to be in last?

dagley
10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
So no one should ever take the chance on bettering your team by making a trade. Pretty easy to say you won the trade after the fact. What if the Blades won the whl title? Would you still say you won? Maybe we should wait & see how these prospects play for a couple yr before you call them allstars. Better to take the chance then sit & finger yourself. You made some moves involving picks & prospects for you mem cup run. Was that pointless? You could say all moves that teams make beside the finals winner as terrible moves. We get your point you don't think we are right for the right to host. My question is, how many times do you have to state the same point? 5,10 or 20 times. Would you get sick of hearing me come on the wk site & say your start is all luck & your destined to be in last?

We always suck, every year. :innocent:

sbtatter
10-06-2012, 04:52 PM
No, I think you should trade and try and better your team, it's just unfortunate for you to give up as much as you did and not advance. If the Blades had won the dub that year, it would have been a masterpiece, but as it stands, it was a lopsided trade in favor of Bdn, to be credible, you have to admit that. The DD trade was lopsided in the Blades favour. Last year the WK's made 3 bad trades, DD, Anderson and Sundher. Fortunately LM then came back and overpaid for Walker this summer! And I'll always be here reminding you of the Blades problems for as long as your fans are on here, the network54 and other bulletin boards always bigging up the Blades, need to bring some balance to the boards!
The WK's start was smoke and mirrors, it's a rebuilding year after last season, something the Blades should have done after the Schenn debacle.

dagley
10-06-2012, 05:05 PM
No, I think you should trade and try and better your team, it's just unfortunate for you to give up as much as you did and not advance. If the Blades had won the dub that year, it would have been a masterpiece, but as it stands, it was a lopsided trade in favor of Bdn, to be credible, you have to admit that. The DD trade was lopsided in the Blades favour. Last year the WK's made 3 bad trades, DD, Anderson and Sundher. Fortunately LM then came back and overpaid for Walker this summer! And I'll always be here reminding you of the Blades problems for as long as your fans are on here, the network54 and other bulletin boards always bigging up the Blades, need to bring some balance to the boards!
The WK's start was smoke and mirrors, it's a rebuilding year after last season, something the Blades should have done after the Schenn debacle.

There was something always wrong about Schenn in a Blades uniform, same with Walker. They will always be Wheat Kings, the only thing Schenn accomplished in Saskatoon was his child hood dream and getting a whopping 50+ points in 20 some odd games. Lol.

sbtatter
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
There was something always wrong about Schenn in a Blades uniform, same with Walker. They will always be Wheat Kings, the only thing Schenn accomplished in Saskatoon was his child hood dream and getting a whopping 50+ points in 20 some odd games. Lol.

Man he had that team rolling in the regular season didn't he?!

BigCat20
10-06-2012, 05:59 PM
We always suck, every year. :innocent:

Did I say that? Where in that quote do you see that you douche bag! Do you have some type of learning disability where you pick out some words from a whole paragraph & make new sentances with them. I ask if you would like me to come over to your site & cut you down by saying the same thing over & over. I wouldn't do that......maybe to the warriors directed at mjw22, but that's it. lol

BigCat20
10-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Man he had that team rolling in the regular season didn't he?!

Wow, keep cutting & pasting from what I wrote. Do you think saying the same thing I wrote is a dig? Lorne is no where near the coach Clouston is. Only wish Kelly would do us a favour & give him to us for say a couple picks and 2x his salary. Go watch the bomber crush teams in their brand new stadium!

west coast
10-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Just curious? Is thrower injured , a scratch again tonight vs edmonton

Trav
10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Just curious? Is thrower injured , a scratch again tonight vs edmonton

If he's not injured then Mollekenn has more explaining to do. Going to be another long nite.

JMoney1988
10-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Well not the result we would have liked, but deifiently some improvement from last night, not a lot but some, 1. We got a pp goal, albeit as it may our only one one the game, but hey breaks a 0/13 slump, although the 1/9 is hurting, 2. our goalie didn't let in 5 or more goals for once, but still a glaring concern. Coming up is Portland, anyone have thoughts on the game......

Nook
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I will say this now, and I hope the Blades prove me wrong; They will not play a game in the Memorial Cup. They will be hard pressed to make the playoffs, and will likely fail. Their spot will be given to the runner-up in the WHL finals.

This is an embarrassment. They should be 0-7 right now. The 2 wins they have were lucky. Not long will they struggle to be a "contender," they're going to trade away a lot of their youth to do it. This is going to be a double whammy of pain for this organization.

I've supported this team for years. I've gone to games for as long as I can remember, and I'm angry and frustrated. 49 years this season, and what do they have to show for it? A couple of nice teams in the 90s and a Memorial Cup loss as host. This junior franchise is literally the laughing stock of the entire CHL. They take incompetence to an entirely new level.

I guess the jokes on me for actually thinking the Molleken could build a championship team.

What makes it worse for Blades' fans is that Sportsnet is following this s#@! show all year long.

Nook
10-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Well not the result we would have liked, but deifiently some improvement from last night, not a lot but some, 1. We got a pp goal, albeit as it may our only one one the game, but hey breaks a 0/13 slump, although the 1/9 is hurting, 2. our goalie didn't let in 5 or more goals for once, but still a glaring concern. Coming up is Portland, anyone have thoughts on the game......

Oh, and I was at the Warriors/Winterhawks game tonight in Moose Jaw.

Unless the Blades can find it in themselves to man up and actually skate, they're going to get dropped big time. You need to put up an effort to beat Portland. Moose Jaw put one up tonight and got a W.

sbtatter
10-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow, keep cutting & pasting from what I wrote. Do you think saying the same thing I wrote is a dig? Lorne is no where near the coach Clouston is. Only wish Kelly would do us a favour & give him to us for say a couple picks and 2x his salary. Go watch the bomber crush teams in their brand new stadium!
What are you talking about? Schenn had a great regular season for you guys. Clouston turned out to be an uninspiring, defensive minded coach who the players wouldn't play for. And where do the Bombers come into the equation when we're on a WHL site?:o

franchise
10-06-2012, 11:09 PM
is the architect of his own benching. After missing curfew and getting scratched (standard rule and penalty) apparently he took it upon himself to give Lorne an earful of expletive laden reasons why he shouldn't be treated like others...earning him the right to sit at home and ponder his future (which, from the way it was explained to me, does not appear to include the Saskatoon Blades)
Take it for what it's worth.

dagley
10-06-2012, 11:17 PM
What are you talking about? Schenn had a great regular season for you guys. Clouston turned out to be an uninspiring, defensive minded coach who the players wouldn't play for. And where do the Bombers come into the equation when we're on a WHL site?:o

Hes really butt hurt.

mjw22
10-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Did I say that? Where in that quote do you see that you douche bag! Do you have some type of learning disability where you pick out some words from a whole paragraph & make new sentances with them. I ask if you would like me to come over to your site & cut you down by saying the same thing over & over. I wouldn't do that......maybe to the warriors directed at mjw22, but that's it. lol

Hey big p***y cat 20 wasn't my team getting trashed 10-1 :o

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Hey big p***y cat 20 wasn't my team getting trashed 10-1 :o

I will say this now to all the Blades trolls aka haters you seriously need to get a life and stfu for real

mjw22
10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
I will say this now to all the Blades trolls aka haters you seriously need to get a life and stfu for real

LS after all the chest thumping and shots Blades fans have taken at other teams in the past its not a surprise.most of us are asking or offering insight into why the Blades are stumbling out of the gate. When rookies like cat 20 shoot their mouths off instead of replying like a normal person then the responses will be what they are. The shots taken by others have been few so far imo.:)

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 11:25 AM
LS after all the chest thumping and shots Blades fans have taken at other teams in the past its not a surprise.most of us are asking or offering insight into why the Blades are stumbling out of the gate. When rookies like cat 20 shoot their mouths off instead of replying like a normal person then the responses will be what they are. The shots taken by others have been few so far imo.:)

Nah what it boils down to is you are a message board troll who is a snot nosed kid and has nothing better to do with his time

reims
10-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Panick button pushed...let the house cleaning begjn!!!

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Panick button pushed...let the house cleaning begjn!!!

Starting with old man Lorne frick this team is a mess

BigCat20
10-07-2012, 12:48 PM

Been on here longer than you! Just cuz I dont post random brainless, dickless, meaningless messages to up my posting #'s & then copy and paste them to the white board. You have added no insights on why we are struggling. I have never came on here saying we are the greatest organization out there. And I dont go out and post to start a war either. I was just sick of the same old messages being put out there with no new point. Thats funny you telling someone to respond like a normal person. 3/4 of your posts are an insult throw at someone. BEAT IT LOSER!

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Been on here longer than you! Just cuz I dont post random brainless, dickless, meaningless messages to up my posting #'s & then copy and paste them to the white board. You have added no insights on why we are struggling. I have never came on here saying we are the greatest organization out there. And I dont go out and post to start a war either. I was just sick of the same old messages being put out there with no new point. Thats funny you telling someone to respond like a normal person. 3/4 of your posts are an insult throw at someone. BEAT IT LOSER!

Very well said and i agree 150%

dagley
10-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Nah what it boils down to is you are a message board troll who is a snot nosed kid and has nothing better to do with his time

Good job being a hypocrite. You're the biggest troll on here

Western Elite
10-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't know what advantages can be gained by fans from other teams coming on a Blades message board and starting cyber fights? Yeah, the Blades are in some trouble right now but perhaps they are getting their funk out early this year instead of in the playoffs. More over, if anyone think the Blades are finished in terms of shaping their roster, then they need to give their heads a shake :confused:!

Bottom line is that the season is just 7 games old and patience is very much needed by all parties. We'll see what the next 65 games bring:clap:!

sbtatter
10-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't know what advantages can be gained by fans from other teams coming on a Blades message board and starting cyber fights? Yeah, the Blades are in some trouble right now but perhaps they are getting their funk out early this year instead of in the playoffs. More over, if anyone think the Blades are finished in terms of shaping their roster, then they need to give their heads a shake :confused:!

Bottom line is that the season is just 7 games old and patience is very much needed by all parties. We'll see what the next 65 games bring:clap:!

I think the point is everyone is sick of Blades fans proclaiming they are the best team (remember the last couple seasons on the white board?), so you have made yourself natural targets when you're struggling.
Serious question, what top 2 round picks do you have available for trade for drafts 2013 to 2015?
And what 15 and 16 year old prospects of yours are good enough to tempt other teams to help you this year? Is Stockl a real high prospect? Moodie hasn't helped himself this season.

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Good job being a hypocrite. You're the biggest troll on here

How is the atkins diet going for you dagley lol anyways me a troll yeah you are right i troll my own teams forum wow there is some real bright people from manitoba lmfao

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 02:27 PM
I think the point is everyone is sick of Blades fans proclaiming they are the best team (remember the last couple seasons on the white board?), so you have made yourself natural targets when you're struggling.
Serious question, what top 2 round picks do you have available for trade for drafts 2013 to 2015?
And what 15 and 16 year old prospects of yours are good enough to tempt other teams to help you this year? Is Stockl a real high prospect? Moodie hasn't helped himself this season.

And you seriously need to stop the whole schenn rip off thing cause frankly McGauley is a bust and will never turn into anything special Papirny isn a dud too if he is such a hot shot he should be with the team as a 16 year old not Honey lmao the only real thing you got out of that deal was Nikkel he is good but a tad overated the trade is not as bad as first thought

There real is no need for you to respond to this i just nailed it down for you tata have a good weekend

franchise
10-07-2012, 02:34 PM
And my conclusions were the same as the fella I was with....An ex-Blade in fact.
They are going to be fine. Lorne has instituted some new rules and some players are having difficulty adapting. There were thre 16 year olds in the line-up. The went o for on the pp, Thrower was out, they had some bad bounces go against them and generally looked a little lost. However, they have many potential bright spots. They lost 4-1 to the defending league Champs after a midnight run from Saskatoon and gave it an honest effort. The turning point was at 2-0 and they had a chance - good chance - to get back in it but Broissoit stole one fro Stransky. I wouldn't be giving up on these guys any time soon. I really liked that Revel kid. Sutter is fighting it but I expected that without Paradis and Burns. Walker competed hard maybe too hard. You can tell they are pressing but with one big win will make a big difference.

sbtatter
10-07-2012, 02:42 PM
And you seriously need to stop the whole schenn rip off thing cause frankly McGauley is a bust and will never turn into anything special Papirny isn a dud too if he is such a hot shot he should be with the team as a 16 year old not Honey lmao the only real thing you got out of that deal was Nikkel he is good but a tad overated the trade is not as bad as first thought

There real is no need for you to respond to this i just nailed it down for you tata have a good weekend

If you wanna keep going I'm all for that, you Blades fans bring it on yourselves!!
McGauley is a 3rd line center like Green. Papirny is a top goalie, Hawryluk is amazing and Nikkel is a stud. You gave up all that for what, 4 wins in the playoffs? Awesome trade for Bdn!
Apart from that, how about answering my post above about prospects and draft picks you have available?

mjw22
10-07-2012, 02:43 PM
How is the atkins diet going for you dagley lol anyways me a troll yeah you are right i troll my own teams forum wow there is some real bright people from manitoba lmfao

lol youve been on the warrior bronco and pa boards and none of us are calling you a troll . maybe a crybaby now :)

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 02:44 PM
If you wanna keep going I'm all for that, you Blades fans bring it on yourselves!!
McGauley is a 3rd line center like Green. Papirny is a top goalie, Hawryluk is amazing and Nikkel is a stud. You gave up all that for what, 4 wins in the playoffs? Awesome trade for Bdn!
Apart from that, how about answering my post above about prospects and draft picks you have available?

Thing is no one outside of Brandon thinks those guys you got from that deal are studs at all McGauley will be in the SJHL at the 18 of 18 trust me Papirny will be nothing more than a backup and Nikkel is a weak mans Siemens

As for picks we have a pick in everyone round for the next Bantam draft does that help ?

lordstanley
10-07-2012, 02:45 PM
lol youve been on the warrior bronco and pa boards and none of us are calling you a troll . maybe a crybaby now :)

It wont be long before you are banned again just like you were in the past on this board and that also goes for the white board if you keep up the trolling tread away little frog tread away lol

And you guys can go ahead and get the last word in i am done proving my points for the day after all it is thanksgiving and some of us have lives other than a message board troll keyboard tough guy haha

sbtatter
10-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Thing is no one outside of Brandon thinks those guys you got from that deal are studs at all McGauley will be in the SJHL at the 18 of 18 trust me Papirny will be nothing more than a backup and Nikkel is a weak mans Siemens

As for picks we have a pick in everyone round for the next Bantam draft does that help ?

No one outside of Bdn think Hawryluk, Nikkel and Papirny are good? :confused:
You have to be honest to have some credibility. KM fleeced you on the Schenn trade. Lorne fleeced Bdn on the DD trade. KM wins the Walker trade.

So you have the top 2 round picks for 2013 and 2014? That's good. And who else from Stockl look like blue chippers to trade away for Mem Cup help?

mjw22
10-07-2012, 02:55 PM
It wont be long before you are banned again just like you were in the past on this board and that also goes for the white board if you keep up the trolling tread away little frog tread away lol

And you guys can go ahead and get the last word in i am done proving my points for the day after all it is thanksgiving and some of us have lives other than a message board troll keyboard tough guy haha

touched a nerve did I ? Banned lol for what stating the facts asking Blade fans what they think is the reason their team is struggling . :)

sbtatter
10-07-2012, 03:16 PM
And my conclusions were the same as the fella I was with....An ex-Blade in fact.
They are going to be fine. Lorne has instituted some new rules and some players are having difficulty adapting. There were thre 16 year olds in the line-up. The went o for on the pp, Thrower was out, they had some bad bounces go against them and generally looked a little lost. However, they have many potential bright spots. They lost 4-1 to the defending league Champs after a midnight run from Saskatoon and gave it an honest effort. The turning point was at 2-0 and they had a chance - good chance - to get back in it but Broissoit stole one fro Stransky. I wouldn't be giving up on these guys any time soon. I really liked that Revel kid. Sutter is fighting it but I expected that without Paradis and Burns. Walker competed hard maybe too hard. You can tell they are pressing but with one big win will make a big difference.
Yup, the Blades have had a horror start, but as it stands they should be good for a 45 win season, and 2nd seed in the conference, they have a couple of weak teams in the East div to beat up on, Regina, Bdn, and you have to think Lorne will add a player or 2 as we go. Take the adversity now, beat it and finish strong!

mjw22
10-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Yup, the Blades have had a horror start, but as it stands they should be good for a 45 win season, and 2nd seed in the conference, they have a couple of weak teams in the East div to beat up on, Regina, Bdn, and you have to think Lorne will add a player or 2 as we go. Take the adversity now, beat it and finish strong!

:):)

Tidball
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
No one outside of Bdn think Hawryluk, Nikkel and Papirny are good? :confused:
You have to be honest to have some credibility. KM fleeced you on the Schenn trade. Lorne fleeced Bdn on the DD trade. KM wins the Walker trade.

So you have the top 2 round picks for 2013 and 2014? That's good. And who else from Stockl look like blue chippers to trade away for Mem Cup help?

Matt Revel. However i dont want to see him traded. He's been one of the best Blades players so far.

sbtatter
10-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Matt Revel. However i dont want to see him traded. He's been one of the best Blades players so far.

Thanks. Who does Stockl project to play like?

lordstanley
10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
So Blades vs Portland on Wed then 3 game in 3 nights alberta swing this weekend

Lorne needs to start building chemistry on this team and that starts with not taking guys like Thrower Stovin and Zajac out of the lineup and quit shuffeling up lines, we need to build some chemistry and build of 1 another another, thing is i dont see why we got rid of Schmidt now seeing how lousy Nogier is. anyways couple moves i would like to see is Moodie back to Manitoba to find his game and Patrick Johnson called back up Schmidt called up Nogier sent down

Lines that i would like to see them build chemistry with is

Nicholls Benson Stransky
McColgan Sutter Walker
Stovin McEvoy Astels
Zajac Revel Stockl

Thrower Siemens
Dietz Cox
Schmidt Pufahl

Makarov
Johnson

wango tango
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
in two starts moodie has been awful, so has the rest of the team though. the blades need a decent backup to allow makarov to take a break, so he's not burned out by the end of the season.

schmidt isn't the answer. you're talking about a 19 year old who when with the blades kept getting moved between forward and defense, meaning he's versatile but not good enough to hold down one or the other full time.

lordstanley
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM
in two starts moodie has been awful, so has the rest of the team though. the blades need a decent backup to allow makarov to take a break, so he's not burned out by the end of the season.

schmidt isn't the answer. you're talking about a 19 year old who when with the blades kept getting moved between forward and defense, meaning he's versatile but not good enough to hold down one or the other full time.

Schmidt kept getting moved between forward and defense i must have been watching a different blades game it maybe happened once or twice but not alot and yes Schmidt to me is better than both Nogier and Pufahl right now had Schmidt been 18 he would still be here it is a numbers game sometimes

Trav
10-08-2012, 06:14 PM

I agree on both ur thoughts. I really think the Blades should go after Engel, with him being at home awaiting a trade, Spokane cant be asking for a whole lot for him. Give them a 3rd or 4th round pick and be done with it.

With Schmidt, ur rite he wasn't good enough to hold down a spot and at 19 u cant be a 6th-7th d-man or a 13th-14th forward in my opinion

Trav
10-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Blades down 2-0 after the 1st, surprise surprise.

Trav
10-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Now 2-2, guess Nicholls decided he needed to score a couple.

Stockl has scored for Red Deer in their game. Blades traded the wrong player, just like they did when they traded Crooks for that MacNaught.

lordstanley
10-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I have a feeling you may say the feeling about cox soon

oh btw 3-2 for the ICE now we are offically the worst team in the WHL **** this i am out

lordstanley
10-12-2012, 09:12 PM
2-7 record not more needs to be said lol

mjw22
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
you can PANIC now. :groovy:

dagley
10-12-2012, 09:20 PM
you can PANIC now. :groovy:

These guys are fkin horrible.

Trav
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Can we trade our two imports? Thank goodness we'll have two new ones next year.

lordstanley
10-12-2012, 09:24 PM
These guys are fkin horrible.

Hey big boy dagley enjoy the parade like you did when windsor kicked the snot out of you guys n your home rink peace out sucka lol

dagley
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey big boy dagley enjoy the parade like you did when windsor kicked the snot out of you guys n your home rink peace out sucka lol

You're 11 losses away to our total regular season loss total in 2010, at this pace you wont even make the playoffs.

Western Elite
10-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Saskatoon Blades

- Worst record/win percentage in the WHL at 2-7-0 or .250.
- 21st or 2nd last in the WHL on the PK at 66%
- 22nd or worst PP in the league at 5/46 or 10.9%

This is at the 1/8th mark of the year, so it is getting to be a pretty good sampling of what type of team they are.

reims
10-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Saskatoon Blades

This is at the 1/8th mark of the year, so it is getting to be a pretty good sampling of what type of team they are.

yep...but dont panick....lets wait till xmas when we need to win all our games to squeeze into the playoffs...either a major overhual or coaching change or both at least try and make this team wake up...brodsky needs to step in here,,,,its beyond embarrassing

mjw22
10-12-2012, 09:50 PM
yep...but dont panick....lets wait till xmas when we need to win all our games to squeeze into the playoffs...either a major overhual or coaching change or both at least try and make this team wake up...brodsky needs to step in here,,,,its beyond embarrassing

:o lol miss the play offs or go out in round 1 and I think the league might replace your team with the league runner up.

sbtatter
10-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Saskatoon Blades

Obviously I don't think your Mem Cup material, but even I didn't think you'd regress this much from last year, I don't understand what has happened to make you a sub 500 team. Any ideas why? There is enough talent to be at least 500

curwie
10-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Obviously I don't think your Mem Cup material, but even I didn't think you'd regress this much from last year, I don't understand what has happened to make you a sub 500 team. Any ideas why? There is enough talent to be at least 500

1) TV cameras following the team around to do a documentary on Sports Net to air in January.

2) ****ty goal tending from the starting goalie and especially from the back up tender. Makarov couldn't steal a game if his life depended on it. His play is good enough to be a decent back up goalie, but we need him to start cause Moodie's confidence is shot.

3) First 6 games terrible discipline. Has been better the past few games though.

4) Absolutely terrible defense, and or, defensive system. LOTS of odd man rushes and many breakdowns in our own zone.

5) Effort and confidence is shot, and the weird thing is for a veteran group, nobody seems to be leading or playing with an edge.

6) Coaching. What can I say, it's just not very good.

7) Pressure. They aren't handling it very well at all. Combined with huge egos at the start of the year that have been severely deflated now.

mjw22
10-12-2012, 10:41 PM
1) TV cameras following the team around to do a documentary on Sports Net to air in January.

2) ****ty goal tending from the starting goalie and especially from the back up tender. Makarov couldn't steal a game if his life depended on it. His play is good enough to be a decent back up goalie, but we need him to start cause Moodie's confidence is shot.

3) First 6 games terrible discipline. Has been better the past few games though.

4) Absolutely terrible defense, and or, defensive system. LOTS of odd man rushes and many breakdowns in our own zone.

5) Effort and confidence is shot, and the weird thing is for a veteran group, nobody seems to be leading or playing with an edge.

6) Coaching. What can I say, it's just not very good.

7) Pressure. They aren't handling it very well at all. Combined with huge egos at the start of the year that have been severely deflated now.

wow that pretty much covers it all. I wonder after the Schenn deal failed so badly ie. not getting past 2nd round and then out early last year have the players lost confidence in Lorne. maybe the vets dont think he can coach them to a title. Lorne may be screaming in deaf ears because other than pt one the others are generally the result of veterans tuning the coach out.

curwie
10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
wow that pretty much covers it all. I wonder after the Schenn deal failed so badly ie. not getting past 2nd round and then out early last year have the players lost confidence in Lorne. maybe the vets dont think he can coach them to a title. Lorne may be screaming in deaf ears because other than pt one the others are generally the result of veterans tuning the coach out.

I have wondered that as well, and also seen a few examples of eye rolls while Lorne yells at them. And I say this as a Lorne Molleken fan. One current player was at the Crazy Cactus (our local watering hole) a month or so ago, and was quoted as saying, "no one likes Lorne, to old school."

I would like to see Brodsky pull the trigger and hire Kris Knoblauch for the rest of the season. I don't believe he caught on anywhere else after getting turfed from Kootney for shopping himself around to the Golden Bears did he? Anyway I doubt Brodsky has the sense to do it. He really doesn't have a very good history of making the right decision regarding coaching hires.

Trav
10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I think Brodsky needs to sell the team, plain and simple. If he wants to do what's best for the Blades, their fans and the city, he'll do it.

mjw22
10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I have wondered that as well, and also seen a few examples of eye rolls while Lorne yells at them. And I say this as a Lorne Molleken fan. One current player was at the Crazy Cactus (our local watering hole) a month or so ago, and was quoted as saying, "no one likes Lorne, to old school."

I would like to see Brodsky pull the trigger and hire Kris Knoblauch for the rest of the season. I don't believe he caught on anywhere else after getting turfed from Kootney for shopping himself around to the Golden Bears did he? Anyway I doubt Brodsky has the sense to do it. He really doesn't have a very good history of making the right decision regarding coaching hires.

Sounds about right if youre old school and have had limited play off success its a bad recipe.This is their one shot at Cup and if you dont believe your coach has what it takes this may be what happens.

curwie
10-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I think Brodsky needs to sell the team, plain and simple. If he wants to do what's best for the Blades, their fans and the city, he'll do it.

Brodsky is interested in making money. He doesn't care about all the other stuff. And don't kid yourself, despite what some people say, the Blades are a very profitable club.

Trav
10-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Brodsky is interested in making money. He doesn't care about all the other stuff. And don't kid yourself, despite what some people say, the Blades are a very profitable club.

Didn't say they don't make money but after this season I can't see them making much money.

curwie
10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Didn't say they don't make money but after this season I can't see them making much money.

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to come across as a know it all prick, just frustrated is all.

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 07:01 AM
No big deal this just feels like the 7 game season again lol

Anyone who thinks Saskatoon will be stripped out of hosting duties is on drugs we will still host the event but there may be a different host team playing in our building thats about it

sbtatter
10-13-2012, 08:28 AM
No big deal this just feels like the 7 game season again lol

Anyone who thinks Saskatoon will be stripped out of hosting duties is on drugs we will still host the event but there may be a different host team playing in our building thats about it

They won't contemplate putting a different host team in, unless you are a sub 500 team, and surely you won't continue with this record? Could they put Letyschenin (sp) as the HC?

Bighat
10-13-2012, 11:57 AM
The league can and will trip Saskatoon of the mem cup, they have a plan in place for one of the other teams that bid for the cup. Portland bound if you guys don't turn it around. As a pats fan I've watched this team grow stagnet over the last couple years, great backend as 16-17 yrs olds that haven't got any better. This is a good team but not great that's lacking something to get them over the hump. I hope u turn it around because the mem cup is a great event to watch and the fans deserve it.

Western Elite
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
That is the word that is going around currently that the Blades will be given until November 15th to have a competitive team and if they don't by that time, Portland will in fact be the 2013 Mem Cup reps. The understanding from the conversations I've had is that Saskatoon still may host it but won't be the host team but I've heard from others that Portland would be the host and have a committee in place and have a back up contingency plan already drawn up.

If the Blades struggle and Portland is awarded the cup host, look for Saskatoon to start the rebuilding process right away. As it stands now, they have the worst record in the WHL and most teams would have already started that way of thinking!

west coast
10-13-2012, 12:10 PM
The blades need to make changed now to save the season,as a host team in the memorial cup they must be competitive. The time to win is this season. The blades must trade off younger players and picks to win this year.lanigan or caruth must be considered as goaltending has become an issue as well

mjw22
10-13-2012, 12:39 PM
That is the word that is going around currently that the Blades will be given until November 15th to have a competitive team and if they don't by that time, Portland will in fact be the 2013 Mem Cup reps. The understanding from the conversations I've had is that Saskatoon still may host it but won't be the host team but I've heard from others that Portland would be the host and have a committee in place and have a back up contingency plan already drawn up.

If the Blades struggle and Portland is awarded the cup host, look for Saskatoon to start the rebuilding process right away. As it stands now, they have the worst record in the WHL and most teams would have already started that way of thinking!

They wont move the site just replace the team with the league runner up. the logistics involved with hosting are huge and start over a year in advance. Tickets advertising volunteers tv etc are all in place and would have to be refunded /changed so that wont happen. teams have been replaced in all 3 leagues before . Site was moved once in the dub back in the 80's but that was before it was a big tv/media deal.

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Eeven if the Blades are not the host team by that time i am still heading down to the CUC for the memorial cup games cause it is great hockey

mjw22
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Eeven if the Blades are not the host team by that time i am still heading down to the CUC for the memorial cup games cause it is great hockey

I would think most hockey fans would do the same. :) I think Nov 25 will be decision day the west coast trip could do it for the league. That would be the 24 game mark sub 500 and out of play offs at that time might be enough. Blades would have to go 10-5 -0-0- just to get to 500 by then hmmm dont think so.

JMoney1988
10-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, hopefully we can start winning, then again the team from the Q started off slow, but then again they didn't have the same problems we have???? Sigh, could be in for a long one, I will be there anyway, since I volunteered for it...............

dagley
10-13-2012, 04:16 PM
This would be hilarious.

Western Elite
10-13-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm really failing to understand why fans from around the league find it "funny, hilarious, wonderful, great" and what ever other word you want to use to describe the Blades start to the season?

It is truely amazing how many people cheer more for a team to fail rather than for their own team to succeed!

If your team was 2-7-0, worst in the league and at the bottom of nearly every single category - would you want others to rub it in? Likely not!

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I think other fans love this cause they feel us Blade fans were too cocky with 4 40 win or more seasons in a row if you are doing good just hush up about it and this wont happen in the future this is just my guess

Western Elite
10-13-2012, 04:48 PM
The locusts are coming out now in a big way. It is almost like the Blades are the atomic bomb of the WHL right now. They are bombing but the locusts can leave now.

WHEATMAN
10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
I think other fans love this cause they feel us Blade fans were too cocky with 4 40 win or more seasons in a row if you are doing good just hush up about it and this wont happen in the future this is just my guess

Four 40 win seasons don't mean anything if you can't get past the second round. And most WHL fans find this totally hilarious given how you and your brother never fail to flap your gums about how "great" the Blades are. Given how annoying "Looney Toons" have been you shouldn't be suprised by the reactions you're getting. If the tables were turned, you'd be bashing the WK's. You won't admit it though.

In any case, this team is a total disaster. Not only are they the worst team in the league right now, but they don't have a lot of assets to make the team better after getting robbed in the Walker and Schenn trades. There is no doubt the CHL is regretting awarding the Memorial Cup to Saskatoon.

Embarrassing!

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Four 40 win seasons don't mean anything if you can't get past the second round. And most WHL fans find this totally hilarious given how you and your brother never fail to flap your gums about how "great" the Blades are. Given how annoying "Looney Toons" have been you shouldn't be suprised by the reactions you're getting. If the tables were turned, you'd be bashing the WK's. You won't admit it though.

In any case, this team is a total disaster. Not only are they the worst team in the league right now, but they don't have a lot of assets to make the team better after getting robbed in the Walker and Schenn trades. There is no doubt the CHL is regretting awarding the Memorial Cup to Saskatoon.

Embarrassing!

I dont even have a brother who posts on boards you got the wrong guy

WHEATMAN
10-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I dont even have a brother who posts on boards you got the wrong guy

Doubtful.

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Doubtful.

Dont even start you did this same thing 2 years ago saying i have a brother on this white board place which i dont even post on

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I have counted nearly 10 posts by wheatkind fans on our forum today and none have been posted on there forum interesting stuff

Rye
10-13-2012, 05:48 PM
We post on the other whl forum now. It's quite active, that's why you dont see us here anymore.

Get mad at people all you want, you know they're right though because the only difference is you know who people cheer for. The Blades are brutal, awful, embarrassing, etc. Its a fact, no need to jump on fans of other teams because they're saying the same things.

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 06:07 PM
We post on the other whl forum now. It's quite active, that's why you dont see us here anymore.

Get mad at people all you want, you know they're right though because the only difference is you know who people cheer for. The Blades are brutal, awful, embarrassing, etc. Its a fact, no need to jump on fans of other teams because they're saying the same things.

I would just think some of you would find something better to do with your time

Mad i am not mad i have said numerious of times how brutal the Blades are at the moment i will call them out till the cows come home but if there doing good i am also gonna talk them up but on my own forum

mjw22
10-13-2012, 06:19 PM
The locusts are coming out now in a big way. It is almost like the Blades are the atomic bomb of the WHL right now. They are bombing but the locusts can leave now.

HEY We have all had our share of shots taken at our teams from the once cocky blade fans so dont expect anything less. :p

brandonboy
10-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I do actually feel for Blades fans right now. This is supposed to be the big year and so far it's just not happening. I'm not gonna lie I would like to see the Blades turn things around as they will be representing the dub this year.

As for fans giving them the gears cause some of them may have been cocky before. Well I see it this way, they had reason to be they had some good teams (not so much come playoffs) but still some real good seasons thrown together. And if I recall correctly when we were in the playoffs during our memorial cup year a lot of Blades fans got behind us and cheered us on.

Rye
10-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I would just think some of you would find something better to do with your time

Mad i am not mad i have said numerious of times how brutal the Blades are at the moment i will call them out till the cows come home but if there doing good i am also gonna talk them up but on my own forum

Since when was talking hockey not time well spent?

This is a public forum. I do know what you mean, however, this FORUM is about the WHL. This particular THREAD is about the Blades but it's a part of the website, people can chat where they want.

Chirping has always been a part of hockey, you can be sure what is being said to the actual players on the ice is a lot worse than what's on here. In my opinion, if you can't handle that, you shouldn't be on here. And I'm talking about people trashing the team, it's a part of being a fan. Not the people resorting to name calling like some have chosen to in defense. That is completely unnecessary.

JMoney1988
10-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Well apart from all the fun, happening on the forum, at least we are winning tonight..............., maybe they are hearing us fight and argue, and are turning it up......, yay!!!!!!! it's 4-1.

BigCat20
10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Completely different team so far. Scoring, no terrible defensive play & good goaltending! Let hope this continues for the full 60 mins.

Trav
10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
While it is 4-1, the bad part is, it's against Lethbridge which shouldn't be to hard to beat but im sure the team will take it. This doesn't take Molleken off the electric chair though.

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 08:23 PM
If anyone could blow a lead it is the Blades very fragile keep the foot on the gas no letting up

lordstanley
10-13-2012, 08:31 PM
thrower is gonna be suspended kicked out of the game for a high hit on blomqvist and a 5 minute pp for lethbridge i hope they are not unraveling again ugh

west coast
10-13-2012, 08:37 PM
The Blades fans should be upset at the players! They are the ones that are under achieving.Very few Blades have played very well .This team was supposed to be near or at the top of the standings and are on the bottom.Walker the captain has been brutal and doesnt resemble the player that he was in Brandon.The only leaders that have shown any type of elite talent this season has been Sutter,Siemmens,and Astles.Those players give 100 per cent all the time and alot of what they do correctly is not always seen on the stat sheet.The so callled skilled players have not shown up.I expect alot more from guys like McColgan,Nichols,and Benson.Benson should be having a career break through season .