PDA

View Full Version : 20 Year olds for 2012-2013

dsquared
07-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Who will be our 20 year olds this season? While this maybe complicated by the NHL-CBA situation - we have a lot of our own 20 year old possibilities this year and instead of being buyers we may be sellers this fall as we have a surplus of 20 yo possibilities: Jung, Olstad, Scheidl, Rieder, Underwood, Jobke, and Hewitt.

I dunno but at first blush I would say that Underwood, Jobke, Scheidl and Hewitt are the best choice at this point in time - Do we go with a 20 yo goalie? Which 3 do we keep? Will Lang be able to get anything for any of the others? Your thoughts....

patsdude114
07-06-2012, 10:59 PM
I doubt Underwood sticks around, Reider has a better chance at being 1 of our 20 yr olds before Underwood. Plus Conacher is a very big fan of Reider he loves his honest style of play just goes up & down the boards & busts his arse every shift. Those are the kind of guys u win with, yes he may not be the most skilled guy but guys like him rub off on the younger guys, they lead by example.

I really dont see Hewitt on the Pats this season, we rarely ever go with a 20yr old goaltender. I still feel he could end up in PG as we have enough goaltending prospects ready to take over.

With the CBA confusion this summer & if there is a lockout dont be surprised to see Weal back in the WHL for his final year. LA is very deep with young prospects & Weal isnt even considered 1 of their top 10 prosects (this kid is black listed i swear) Jobke is signed by the Wild & their Defense is extremely weak, I think he is a bigger question mark then Weal is reguardless of a lockout or not.

The status of Jobke will be the determining factor if Underwood sticks around or not.

Also i dont even think the Pats still have Jung on the protective list, he couldnt even crack the roster as a 19yr old last season, so dont even expect him to be at training camp at all. As well no way in hell Olstad makes our roster or any other WHL roster out there, he just doesnt bring enough to be considered a 20yr old at this level, Jr. A is where he will go if not there he will try CIS at least take his education.

RWAH
07-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Agree with a lot of whats said Jung and Olstad will not be invites to camp Reider has the coaches eye and can be an asset to a young team. I don't think Jobke can crack the Wild's line up but they may want him in the AHL so they can call him up during the season. Another wrinkle is, with a lock out Marincin may be back as well. That did not add clarity but its my 2 cents. Oh and if there is a lock out there is was some discussion that the WHL would increase the quoto for 20 year olds.