Wapitikev
07-17-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/article/raiders-sign-draisaitl

Huge news i would say congrats !

OUTSTANDING!

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
07-17-2012, 02:28 PM
On behalf of Raiders fans, welcome to the team, Leon. We have a #29 waiting for you to wear on September 7th...our first preseason game vs Saskatoon. Look forward to seeing you at camp. All the best!

-Wapitikev

the voice
07-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Very good news. Hope Quinney comes to camp also. Even with all our excitement I really hope these kids come to camp in shape and ready to battle for a spot. If we keep saying they are in the lineup, they may believe it before they work for it. That would be too bad for them. Excited.... yes I am! I really hope these kids are surrounded by people that can keep them grounded and ready for camp. 4 or 5 16 year olds on one team is unheard of. To even ponder that is very positive for the future. The WHL is a huge step and change. How many will be ready is up to them. Rookie camp will be interesting as will main camp. Counting the days....

the voice
07-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Didn't realize Draisaitl was 17. Thought I'd read he was 16. Still....Gardiner, Vanstone, Meyer, and other quality 16's, plus Dea, Draisaitl, and other prospects out there we have yet to see or hear about....now that's a list!

Wapitikev
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Very good news. Hope Quinney comes to camp also. Even with all our excitement I really hope these kids come to camp in shape and ready to battle for a spot. If we keep saying they are in the lineup, they may believe it before they work for it. That would be too bad for them.
I imagine that being in condition before camp was mentioned once or twice at Development camp in June and it probably came up at least once when Bruno was speaking with Leon. I've heard multiple sources state that all the prospects and all the veterans were told in no uncertain terms to be in condition when they report to camp.

Let's hope they have the good sense to listen to their coaches and GM rather than some talking heads on a message board. :cool:

Heh.

Excited.... yes I am! I really hope these kids are surrounded by people that can keep them grounded and ready for camp. 4 or 5 16 year olds on one team is unheard of. To even ponder that is very positive for the future. The WHL is a huge step and change. How many will be ready is up to them. Rookie camp will be interesting as will main camp. Counting the days....
We may have up to 3 16s (with '96 birthdays) but I'd be very very (pleasantly) surprised if we have more than that. Gardiner is the most likely, but we could have Vanstone and Meyer as well.

Draisaitl is a 95, and while he may start camp as a 16, he'll be 17 on October 29th, he just has a late birthday. Quinney, assuming he reports, is a 94 and will be 18 before he reports to camp. Both will be rookies, true, but not 16yos.

But, let's not forget about Luke Mahura (one of last year's 16s). I sort of threw him under the bus on another thread but he could easily make the team along with Perreaux and Braid and Santucci (all 18s).

That would mean that either Vanstone or Meyer would be sent back to midget...and let's face it, another year in midget would certainly do more for them @ 16 than it would Mahura @17.

Between the forwards and D-men, we could realistically have have between 6 and 8 rookies this season (between 1/4 and 1/3 of the team) but probably only 2 or 3 16s.

Only 41 days 'til rookie camp!

Confidence (in our offence) is high!

WooHoo! :D

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Didn't realize Draisaitl was 17. Thought I'd read he was 16. Still....Gardiner, Vanstone, Meyer, and other quality 16's, plus Dea, Draisaitl, and other prospects out there we have yet to see or hear about....now that's a list!
How long as it been since we've had too much talent on the team AND in the pipeline?

A decade?

More?

...I better watch out or I'll have someone ranting (again) about how sick they are of hearing that we blew practically every bantam draft pick from 2001 to 2007.

Heh.

Let's all hope this embarrassment of offensive riches that Mr. Campese has amassed translates into 6 games over .500 (84 points) on the ice this season.

-Wapitikev

Trav
07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Quinney is 95 born (17) he's been listed on some sites as being 94 and other places as a 95. If he was a 94, he wouldn't have been playing in a 16 and under league last year.

the voice
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
No matter who is or isn't on the squad, i am impressed with what Bruno, Dale Derkatch and all scouts have done the last couple of years with building the roster and list. I don't want to stir the pot....but success this year means contract extensions for the current staff. They'll deserve it, especially when we finish high and they still find talent choosing lower in the draft. Kudos to all the fans who supported in the lows. Get ready for some highs. It's coming.

lordstanley
07-18-2012, 07:37 AM
No matter who is or isn't on the squad, i am impressed with what Bruno, Dale Derkatch and all scouts have done the last couple of years with building the roster and list. I don't want to stir the pot....but success this year means contract extensions for the current staff. They'll deserve it, especially when we finish high and they still find talent choosing lower in the draft. Kudos to all the fans who supported in the lows. Get ready for some highs. It's coming.

Nice to see you guy's have turned the corner

Wapitikev
07-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Quinney is 95 born (17) he's been listed on some sites as being 94 and other places as a 95. If he was a 94, he wouldn't have been playing in a 16 and under league last year.
I stand corrected...www.eliteprospects.com does have it listed wrong. Gage's home-club last year has him listed as a 95 (good picture as well btw).

But, that still doesn't make him a 16, which was my main point. He'll be 17 by the time that camp starts.

Thanx for the good info, Trav.

Cheers.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Agreed...with all of it. And thank you, in advance, for the Kudos...give yourself some while you're at it.

-Wapitikev

the voice
07-19-2012, 10:15 AM
It's thursday...and one day closer.

Wapitikev
07-19-2012, 12:13 PM
It's thursday...and one day closer.
40 days until rookie camp.

...and to get the thread back on track...

PA has a Prince Albert German Canadian Club “Waldhorn”

http://www.saskgermancouncil.org/prince-albert-german-canadian-club-waldhorn/

...the events calendar is current so the club must be active.

-Wapitikev