PDA

View Full Version : More WHL draft picks go to the AJ

Warrior
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Here is two more signings in the AJ...one Rebel and one Spokane Chief.

http://www.camrosekodiaks.com/

W

patsdude114
08-09-2012, 02:10 AM
this will always become a problem for the WHL so these kids can keep there NCAA chances alive. It will always be a problem until Hockey Canada stops giving these kids a chance to play for the National Programs if they choose to go the NCAA route.

Altho very few canadian players get the chance to play on the U20 team, some of the more elite guys may decide to stay in canada knowing they have that chance. I guess those kids like practicing more then playing games. Playing 2 games a week & practicing for 5 days doesnt sound like alot of fun to me to become a hockey player. I dont care what anyone says u can not mimic game situations & the intensity during a practice. Prob why u rarely see NHL superstars who came from the NCAA.

Ive watched around 20 NCAA games on tv over the past 5yrs or so & i can honestly say that yes it is good hockey to watch but the teams lack true elite talent. Its more like watching a league full or 2nd liners in the WHL, still good players just rare do u find eliteness like a Stone, Weal, Howden

The Wheatiemaniac
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
this will always become a problem for the WHL so these kids can keep there NCAA chances alive. It will always be a problem until Hockey Canada stops giving these kids a chance to play for the National Programs if they choose to go the NCAA route.

Altho very few canadian players get the chance to play on the U20 team, some of the more elite guys may decide to stay in canada knowing they have that chance. I guess those kids like practicing more then playing games. Playing 2 games a week & practicing for 5 days doesnt sound like alot of fun to me to become a hockey player. I dont care what anyone says u can not mimic game situations & the intensity during a practice. Prob why u rarely see NHL superstars who came from the NCAA.

Ive watched around 20 NCAA games on tv over the past 5yrs or so & i can honestly say that yes it is good hockey to watch but the teams lack true elite talent. Its more like watching a league full or 2nd liners in the WHL, still good players just rare do u find eliteness like a Stone, Weal, Howden

I have to agree with you. In fact, I'm surprised that the NCAA allows them to. They don't allow you to play if you play major junior without sitting out a year, yet the WJC tournament is world class major junior hockey, and most of the tournaments are now held in Canada.

Go figure.