PDA

View Full Version : Changes

CanesCrazy
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
I was speaking with an acquaintance yesterday who told me the new business manager has already left the team and yet another friend of some of the board members has been hired. I then phoned and asked for the business manager and was told he would not be in until Aug 23. The team has not said anything about this but I wouldn't be surprised that this is true and when all was said and done they have hired yet another one of their buddies. This board will never learn that hiring friends is not a good idea. I guess they feel that the third time might be the charm. I do wish that our shares carried a lot more than two votes.

On the plus side the new season is almost here and we can't wait to get it started. At the rate the board is going a part of me thinks we better enjoy this while we still have a team.

Bare Bear
08-14-2012, 10:17 PM
It is announced on July 16th that we have this new hired gun from the east that is going to lead us into the promised land he is gone within a month? If this is indeed true, and I have no reason to doubt it, and couple that with Tot asking for and getting a trade, there is something dreadfully wrong down there in Hurricane land. Perhaps there has to be one major shake up starting right at the top and couple that with a few deletions a few steps below. First of all you have to get rid of the coach and GM. The level of play that you see in September will be exactly the same level you will see in March. The players there just don't seem to get better with age and experience. Matt, while doing his best, should probably find employment elsewhere while he still can. Next the governor should step aside and let some new individual without any history with losing take over. Now that all of that is done, let's do the right thing and sell the team, once and for all. After all, this is NOT working. If you take away the 20 or so playoff wins that Michael Dyck got in his short time here, what have the Hurricanes really done in the last 20 years? I mean except raise ticket prices and promise every year that this will be the year. It is so sad for the fans of Lethbridge to see this same tired act year after year after year. I really do hope the team can turn things around and prove me wrong, but when your leaders on the team are asking to be dealt, I would say that is enough for the average fan to see the light. :burningmad:

NumberOneCaniac
08-15-2012, 04:51 AM
I sure hope that they have a plan ... []

taylor0017
08-15-2012, 10:10 AM
There is no plan ..nothing .....sell the team and lets start fresh ....I feel bad for the players ....and Yes Matt should find employment elsewhere. My biggest fear is that Preston steps down and they put Matt in as coach ...oh but wait is that worse or Better?????? who knows .....this is nothing but a junior b team trying to survive in a junior A league ....

NumberOneCaniac
08-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Must not be a market for overager players if we let oslanski go off waivers