PDA

View Full Version : Blades hire Chevy as goaltender coach

Trav
08-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Great to see Tim Cheveldae back with the team. Makarov and Moodie will benefit having a goalie coach.

lordstanley
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Great to see Tim Cheveldae back with the team. Makarov and Moodie will benefit having a goalie coach.

Alot of moves the Blades also named Dave Struch a asociate coach also Daryl Luebinicky has been hired as a whl scout for the Blades and a while back it was Curtis Lecyshyn hired as a Asst coach so the team is really hiring a lot of close ties which i don't mind 1 bit

lordstanley
08-30-2012, 08:15 PM

I think the goalie coach for the Blades last season was John Stevenson if i'm not mistaken either way good to have a old Blades goalie taking the reigns Tim was a ASST coach in 98-00 i remember while kevin dickie was aroudn

Trav
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I think the goalie coach for the Blades last season was John Stevenson if i'm not mistaken either way good to have a old Blades goalie taking the reigns Tim was a ASST coach in 98-00 i remember while kevin dickie was aroudn

Actually Chev was the assistant when the late Brad McCrimmon was coach. :( wish those two were still the coaches on the bench, no offense to Molleken. Brad was a solid head coach.

lordstanley
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes Brad was a excellent coach his winning percentage may not be as good as Lorne's but he wasn't given the talent like Lorne has here, Brad turned a well below 500% team into a playoff team and beat out the Pats in the first round of the playoffs in 99/00

Yeah you are right about Chevy he just missed Dickie

JMoney1988
08-30-2012, 10:21 PM
What happened to John Stevenson?

Trav
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Apparently it was a mutual parting of the ways between Stevenson and the Blades.

lordstanley
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
First scrimmage is tonight team white vs team blue it is 4-3 for team blue in the second period team blue goals so far are from Deitz McColgan danton davis and haydyn hopkins

Team white goals are from stovin astles and brenden hopkins

Trav
08-31-2012, 07:30 PM
First scrimmage is tonight team white vs team blue it is 4-3 for team blue in the second period team blue goals so far are from Deitz McColgan danton davis and haydyn hopkins

Team white goals are from stovin astles and brenden hopkins

There's a Blades camp thread if u wanna post ur comments on there LS.

Nook
09-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Nice to see Lubiniecki back in the fold, even as a scout. He was in charge of building some of the most competitive Blades teams back in the day.

Trav
09-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Nice to see Lubiniecki back in the fold, even as a scout. He was in charge of building some of the most competitive Blades teams back in the day.

In the last few years that he was GM though he made some stupid trades as well.