PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think

WHEATMAN
07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
on ryan white? I knew we should have picked whitey up when we had the chance, you picked him in the 4th round, and in my opinion along with karl alzner and zach hamill was one of the best 16 year olds, he will be the next getzlaf in calgary

ScottyWazz
07-15-2005, 03:31 PM
He won't be the next Getzlaf because he doesn't have a huge ego over his head.

I like Whitey-- he's a character player, he's a stand-up guy, and a leader by example. I think for the most part he could become the franchise player if Kisio wants to keep him there. Knowing Kisio's mood swings, he could be gone after a bad stretch.

RunTheGoalie
07-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Indeed. And that would almost be worth it if the fallout meant Kisio's demise.

I'm not sure if White has the same offensive upside as Getzlaf, likely not, but he does have his head screwed on straight. He will be a very important player for us next season.

WHEATMAN
07-21-2005, 02:20 PM
in the years to come he should play more like ryan stone, gritty as sandpaper, with offensive upside

peatfan
07-22-2005, 01:45 AM
I see White becoming captain of this team in 2006-07 even if he will only be 18. His play indicates a team leader, a player who just doesn't quit with some championships behind him (national midget, world under 17). Can't beleive we were able to steal this player in the draft.

WHEATMAN
07-24-2005, 12:40 PM
mccrimmon always seems to pick hometown kids, just not the best brandonite in years, damn we could really use whitey esspecially next year due to the offence we are losing