PDA

View Full Version : Les latest blog. Very interesting read!

curwie
08-31-2012, 11:56 PM
http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/bladesblog/itemid_64

Trav
09-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I liked what Les said. The Blades got a lot of moves to make if they wanna be considered a contender. Rite now their not.

curwie
09-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Yep. They are a good team right now. Nothing more.

Surprised to see him call out Nicholls like he did.

lordstanley
09-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Are they a WHL contender right now ? i think yes are they a Memorial cup contender ? not even close i would say they are a top line center 2 wingers and 1 or 2 dmen away

Nook
09-02-2012, 10:03 AM
It's September... Summer is basically over with, so I don't feel bad about talking hockey.

I think the Blades are a good team. Acquiring Walker, Astles, and McColgan was key. I think it will benefit them having the Oil Kings in their conference as a measuring stick. If you need to know how you're doing in terms of competing for the Memorial Cup? Just see how you stack up against them.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are some moves early in the season, but the big moves won't happen until the new year. The Blades roster that takes the ice in September will be very different than the team that takes the ice on January 12th... Which is fittingly against the Edmonton Oil Kings.

This will be the most veteran Saskatoon Blades squad that this city has seen in a long, long time. It may not be to start, but it will be.