PDA

View Full Version : STH pickup party 2012

dondo
09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Short and sweet, free hot dogs, drinks and ice-cream. Meet the players and hear some of the coaching staff discuss this years team. Also an opportunity to get all the players to sign something for you and talk with them about their game and the upcoming season if you feel so inclined.

The best one of these I ever went to had used Giants equipment for sale as well as some game-worn jerseys at great prices. That was more than a few years back, but I would love to see some of those aspects find their way back into the party.

The jerseys they were selling were on for $99 at the event - and I could forsee a yearly tradition of buying a jersey and getting all of the players to sign it there so you had a record of each season's starting roster. After a few seasons you would have some interesting keepsakes.

Anyone else have thoughts on the STH party this year?

The official take:

Season Ticket Pickup Party a "Giant" Success

The Vancouver Giants held their annual season ticket pick-up party last night at the Pacific Coliseum. The event showcased all 27 players remaining, Coach Don Hay and Glen Hanlon, and even a couple special guests, including co-owner Pat Quinn.

With a free lunch of hot dogs and drinks, and even some ice cream (courtesy of Marble Slab Creamery), some of the Giants' biggest fans enjoyed a tour of the locker room, hockey stations including stick-handling and accuracy shooting, and speeches from Don Hay and Pat Quinn. Not to mention a meet and greet, and an autograph from every player on the team.