PDA

View Full Version : Pats trim roster by 2

patsdude114
09-11-2012, 08:21 PM
nothing too surprising with Olstad & Schioler being released.... Schioler really needs to work on his skating & Olstad got caught in a numbers. Hopefully Olstad gets picked up by someone but i dont think there will be many if any at all taking a serious interest in him. He just doesnt bring enough to be considered a 20yr old in this league.

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats reduced their roster by two players today, reassigning forward Dane Schioler to the Winnipeg Midget AAA Thrashers and releasing overage forward Tanner Olstad.

After being acquired from the Tri-City Americans during the 2010-11 season, Olstad played 102 games in a Pats uniform. Olstad totaled 25 points in his time with the Pats while adding grit and energy to the lineup.

“Tanner brought a lot to our team in the way of leadership on and off the ice,” says General Manager Chad Lang. “He is a great teammate and with his contributions to the community, sets an example we want all of our players to follow. On behalf of the organization, I would like to thank Tanner for the time he spent in a Pats uniform.”

One of the Pats top prospects, Schioler suited up for his first WHL action this pre-season and picked up a goal against the Brandon Wheat Kings Friday night. The Winnipeg product will suit up for his local Thrashers in the MMAAAHL this season.

The Pats coaching staff continues to evaluate players remaining in camp this week as they prepare for Friday’s pre-season game against the Saskatoon Blades at the Brandt Centre.

lordstanley
09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
nothing too surprising with Olstad & Schioler being released.... Schioler really needs to work on his skating & Olstad got caught in a numbers. Hopefully Olstad gets picked up by someone but i dont think there will be many if any at all taking a serious interest in him. He just doesnt bring enough to be considered a 20yr old in this league.

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats reduced their roster by two players today, reassigning forward Dane Schioler to the Winnipeg Midget AAA Thrashers and releasing overage forward Tanner Olstad.

After being acquired from the Tri-City Americans during the 2010-11 season, Olstad played 102 games in a Pats uniform. Olstad totaled 25 points in his time with the Pats while adding grit and energy to the lineup.

“Tanner brought a lot to our team in the way of leadership on and off the ice,” says General Manager Chad Lang. “He is a great teammate and with his contributions to the community, sets an example we want all of our players to follow. On behalf of the organization, I would like to thank Tanner for the time he spent in a Pats uniform.”

One of the Pats top prospects, Schioler suited up for his first WHL action this pre-season and picked up a goal against the Brandon Wheat Kings Friday night. The Winnipeg product will suit up for his local Thrashers in the MMAAAHL this season.

The Pats coaching staff continues to evaluate players remaining in camp this week as they prepare for Friday’s pre-season game against the Saskatoon Blades at the Brandt Centre.

Blades vs Pats this weekend i know the Blades will probably start there regular lineup as they are down in numbers to 26 Makrov and Patrick Johnson will probably play in net cause Moodie is a touch banged up

What kind of lineup do you think the Pats will throw out ?

patsdude114
09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
For the most part it will be a pretty vetren lineup, don't think all vets will play both games tho guys Stephenson, Klimchuk, Scheidl, Stevenson, Jobke, Underwood all have nothing to prove the coaching staff already knows what they bring each & every nite.

For me the biggest question mark is between the pipes right now. The pats will keep Hewitt around right til the cut down needs to be made due to the unknowing of Jobke's status with the AHL, I like all of our 20yr olds this year they all bring something different & all are effective players in what they do.

lordstanley
09-12-2012, 11:37 AM
For the most part it will be a pretty vetren lineup, don't think all vets will play both games tho guys Stephenson, Klimchuk, Scheidl, Stevenson, Jobke, Underwood all have nothing to prove the coaching staff already knows what they bring each & every nite.

For me the biggest question mark is between the pipes right now. The pats will keep Hewitt around right til the cut down needs to be made due to the unknowing of Jobke's status with the AHL, I like all of our 20yr olds this year they all bring something different & all are effective players in what they do.

I agree the Blades havent played alot of vets yet this pre-season so they will play this weekend they gotta get into game shape before the season starts and build a little chemistry