PDA

View Full Version : D help

Bighat
09-13-2012, 05:05 PM
The pats add a big dman, looks to me they might keep Hewitt. I'm liking the looks of this years squad. Chad is doing a nice job of adding talent.

lordstanley
09-13-2012, 06:20 PM
The pats add a big dman, looks to me they might keep Hewitt. I'm liking the looks of this years squad. Chad is doing a nice job of adding talent.

where do you see the Pats finnishing in the East this year any predictions ?

Bighat
09-13-2012, 07:18 PM
I see us finishing in the 5th or 6th spot. I see pa moving ahead of us this year and Brandon behind us. Next year will be the year we really threaten for the top spot. I see toon finishing 2nd behind Edmonton. We're going to be alot faster team this year.

lordstanley
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
I see us finishing in the 5th or 6th spot. I see pa moving ahead of us this year and Brandon behind us. Next year will be the year we really threaten for the top spot. I see toon finishing 2nd behind Edmonton. We're going to be alot faster team this year.

i Actually agree with all of that but i also dont think Edmonton is far away and ahead of the Blades as some may think

patsdude114
09-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Lang loves big players, he has slowly added size to the Pats roster these last 2yrs & will continue to do so as the season progresses.

Adding Pilton is a great addition to the Pats defense, he is 6'5 186lbs who can still skate. I remember him when Victoria came to Regina last year he was very impressive.

Zimbaluk is definately on his way out now forsure surprise they didnt release him after they added Pilton.

our Defense looks like this now.....

Jobke (possible 20yr old has AHL camp still)
Underwood (possible 20yr old depends on Jobke's status)
Burroughs
Williams
Fenske
Hamblin (a really nice pick up with size)
Pilton
Lubin (another nice pick up by Lang)
Mumby (in tough due to numbers)
Whelan (in tough due to numbers)

lordstanley
09-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Lang loves big players, he has slowly added size to the Pats roster these last 2yrs & will continue to do so as the season progresses.

Adding Pilton is a great addition to the Pats defense, he is 6'5 186lbs who can still skate. I remember him when Victoria came to Regina last year he was very impressive.

Zimbaluk is definately on his way out now forsure surprise they didnt release him after they added Pilton.

our Defense looks like this now.....

Jobke (possible 20yr old has AHL camp still)
Underwood (possible 20yr old depends on Jobke's status)
Burroughs
Williams
Fenske
Hamblin (a really nice pick up with size)
Pilton
Lubin (another nice pick up by Lang)
Mumby (in tough due to numbers)
Whelan (in tough due to numbers)

Crazy more than half those defense were not even in the Pats system going back to years or even drafted by the Pats Lang has had his work cut out for him and is doing a nice job

patsdude114
09-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Parker had our team such a mess it wasnt even funny... Lang has done a fantastic job at making our Defense & our team in that respect to be respectful & entertaining to watch... something we didnt have much of in the final yrs under Parker's watch

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Patse release Lubin

http://www.reginapats.com/article/pats-release-lubin

patsdude114
09-14-2012, 12:53 PM
That comes to a surprise forsure, i thought forsure he had a legit chance at making the team... especially getting released before Zimbaluk wow im shocked

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 02:53 PM
LA KINGS have just assigned Jordan Weal to the Kings afiliate in the AHL it is about time this great player moves on from the junior ranks he has nothing left to prove

patsdude114
09-14-2012, 03:19 PM
yep it is about time he gets assigned there, but he still has to make the roster as well which could still end him up in the ECHL or back in junior as well depending on all the other competion at camp & which 2way contract players will be put in the AHL vs sitting out due to the lockout.

Also by NO means am i saying he will be back so dont need any immature fools putting words in my mouth which tends to happen alot on this forum lately.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Its more a team courtesy than anything. A guy like Zimbaluk probably isnt better than Lubin, but hes put in his time while Lubin was here on somewhat of a tryout basis.

Its like when we picked up that Tutt guy from seattle last year. Though he mightve been better than a few guys, he was still a fringe player that hardly blew the team away...and the team owes it to the players that put in the work to play until the next round of cuts, rather than be replaced by some guy that was here for a couple days.

LA KINGS have just assigned Jordan Weal to the Kings afiliate in the AHL it is about time this great player moves on from the junior ranks he has nothing left to prove

Weal was just added to the Monarch's training camp. He could conceivably be sent back to the ECHL or even juniors...

Though I certainly dont see that happening.

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Its more a team courtesy than anything. A guy like Zimbaluk probably isnt better than Lubin, but hes put in his time while Lubin was here on somewhat of a tryout basis.

Its like when we picked up that Tutt guy from seattle last year. Though he mightve been better than a few guys, he was still a fringe player that hardly blew the team away...and the team owes it to the players that put in the work to play until the next round of cuts, rather than be replaced by some guy that was here for a couple days.

Weal was just added to the Monarch's training camp. He could conceivably be sent back to the ECHL or even juniors...

Though I certainly dont see that happening.

Oh i totally agree

If any of you Pats fans are going to the game tonight a recap would be nice :D

patsdude114
09-15-2012, 09:10 AM
A few thoughts on last nites game.......

The Blades PP looked amazing can tell they really worked on it a lot in recent practices as it can be a difference maker in games forsure. The Blades PP was the soul reason the shot clock was so lop sided, as 5on5 play it was very even.

I was very surprised by the level of play for preseason, could take the rosters used last nite & make that both teams rosters & they would be competetive easily.

I really liked that Harland kid on the Blades as well as #8 on D (can't remember his name & not on computer to search it)

The Hiit of the Night was easily Deitz on McLean, he lite him up very well & even knocked off a metal piece holding the glass in place which lead to a good 15 mins of play stoppaage.

Enough about the Blades now this is a pats board lol

On the Pats side I was again impressed by Hardarson's pursuit on the puck as well as his vision. He may not have top end talent but he definately belongs in this league. Also I'm still not impressed with Connor Gay, he doesn't seem to have an aggressive edge to be hard on the puck not sure if he realises it or not but this is not midget anymore where things come easy.

Sacher looked fantastic last nite him & Makarov were having a great goalie duel until they both got switched out. Ill post more later I'm on a job site working for mjw22

nivek_wahs
09-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Another D-man on his way to Regina.

For Immediate Release
September 15, 2012
Pats Swing Deal with Silvertips

Regina, Saskatchewan – The Regina Pats have acquired defenceman Tye Hand (’95) from the Everett Silvertips in return for a sixth round pick in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft.

A second round pick (40th) overall in the 2010 Bantam Draft, Hand spent last season with the Drumheller Dragons in the AJHL. There he suited up for 25 games tallying one assist on his way to being named to the AJHL’s South Division All-Rookie Team.

Pats GM Chad Lang on acquiring Hand, “Tye is a big, physical, stay-at-home defenceman. That rugged presence will add a lot to our back end as well as depth to our 1995 age group at defence.”

The Yellowknife, NWT product represented his home territory at the 2011 Canada Winter Games and certainly brings size to the Pats D-corp, measuring in at 6’3”, 190 lbs.