PDA

View Full Version : Andrey Makarov Inks deal with the Buffalo Sabres

Tidball
09-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeahhhhhhh buddy!
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/hockey/blades-hockey/Makarov+inks+deal+with+Sabres/7245490/story.html

lordstanley
09-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeahhhhhhh buddy!
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/hockey/blades-hockey/Makarov+inks+deal+with+Sabres/7245490/story.html

This really was only a matter of time good on him be exciting to see him in the world juniors agan this winter as well :D

Rye
09-15-2012, 01:13 AM
A little questionable to me since he has never been the same since his concussion. He didn't impress me a whole lot during the Can-Rus challenge so we'll see if he proves me wrong soon but I just feel this is too soon.

Tidball
09-15-2012, 06:01 AM
A little questionable to me since he has never been the same since his concussion. He didn't impress me a whole lot during the Can-Rus challenge so we'll see if he proves me wrong soon but I just feel this is too soon.

True, but keep in mind after his concussion, Makarov was severely overworked... not a good thing if you're just recovering from your first concussion. This season with Moodie backing him up, he will help ease the load.

RWAH
09-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Copy from The sabers webb site
Makarov (6’1”, 178 lbs., 4/20/93) spent the 2011-12 season with the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League. In 54 regular season games with the Blades, Makarov compiled a record of 29-21-1-1, a .913 save percentage and two shutouts, earning Blades team MVP honors. Makarov has been loaned to Saskatoon
Doea loaned mean (for the year or untill the lock out ends) best have a plan B if he gets recalled during this season.

Tidball
09-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Makarov (6’1”, 178 lbs., 4/20/93) spent the 2011-12 season with the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League. In 54 regular season games with the Blades, Makarov compiled a record of 29-21-1-1, a .913 save percentage and two shutouts, earning Blades team MVP honors. Makarov has been loaned to Saskatoon
Doea loaned mean (for the year or untill the lock out ends) best have a plan B if he gets recalled during this season.

Well he would have to make the NHL. Which i cannot seethat happening with him being 19. Also, the Sabres will WANT him playing in the Memorial Cup.

lordstanley
09-17-2012, 12:07 AM

That would mean if the lockout came to a end he would have to be buffalos backup goalie this year behind ryan miller and that just wont happen as a 19 year old he would have to play in the NHL or back to the Blades AHL would not be a option

lordstanley
09-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Well he would have to make the NHL. Which i cannot seethat happening with him being 19. Also, the Sabres will WANT him playing in the Memorial Cup.

You just beat me to the punch damn lol

The Wheatiemaniac
09-17-2012, 12:53 AM
You just beat me to the punch damn lol

From what we saw of Moodie last year as a 16 year old, thats not too shabby of a Plan B to have in your back pocket. Tyson Sexsmith was 17 when he won the Mem Cup as the Giants starter. Low and behold, they were the host team that year as well.