PDA

View Full Version : twenties

west coast
09-15-2012, 08:45 PM
can anyone predict who the Pats will choose as their 20,s- Hewiit,Schiedl.Reider,Jobke and Underwood would all be good choices

patsdude114
09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Scheidl is a complete lock without a doubt the rest will depend on Jobke.

If Jobke gets returned from the AHL he becomes another lock to make this as a 20yr old which helps our defense big time which then it gets more interesting from there, do the pats want to keep depth on there blueline with a vetern physical guy like Underwood or do they keep a 20yr old forward in Reider or keep Hewitt & the crease solid for another year. We all know what we will get with Hewitt.

With Jobke returned.....
Scheidl, Jobke Reider

Without Jobke returned.....
Scheidl, Underwood, Hewitt

Those r my predictions anyways, hard to predict right now with no understanding what's happening with Jobke. Also depends how long Reider is on the IR for, if he is still on the IR by the time the league must cut down to there 20yr olds the Pats would be allowed to hold onto 4 20yr olds til Reider clears the IR & then give believe its a 2 week window (could only be 1 can't remember off hand) to get down to the 3 limit.

west coast
09-15-2012, 10:16 PM
A 20 year old must be an impact player - Hewitt is clearly the number one goalie and is a lock- i really believe that a 20 year old goalie is a good choice and this kid can be a good leader .I like Jobke and Underwood to take the other two spots depending if they come back to the WHL.Scheidl has good offensive skill and would be a welcome return.Reider works hard but is not an impact player offensively but is a good leader and would maybe catch on somewhere else or could be a junior A star

patsdude114
09-15-2012, 11:10 PM
A impact player has different meanings to different people, Reider could have a inside track just from how much Conacher loves his game. I think to some extent Reider reminds Conacher a lot of his own game, Pat was not a very offensive player but played his role extremely well & busted his arse every single shift. Just like Reider does.

Scheidl is a complete lock on this team so there is only 2 spots left. As much as I like Hewitt the Pats have very little history keeping a 20yr old goalie. The Pats couldn't even keep the Eastern Conference Goalie of the Year in Linden Rowat & put a player in the crease who was far from ready to be a starter in the WHL in Ketlo at age 18. Sacher is a very good goalie & in my opinion has out played every goalie in camp & in preseason games that I've seen.

Jobke coming back (if he does return) becomes another lock or is traded in a move with a contender. He would have the biggest return value out of any of our 20yr olds. All our 20yr olds deserve to be in the league this year. They all had extremely strong seasons last year & would be an upgrade to aloof teams.

Underwood brings leadership, physical play on the backend & some toughness, he is not in the heavy weight division by any means but is 1 of the tougher guys pound for pound in the Eastern Conference.

Hewitt had a great season last year infront of an extremely solid defense. Beukeboom also looked good with our defense infront of him around the midseason point to the end of the year. I'm not saying Hewitt doesn't deserve credit cuz he does, he kept us close in the MJ series & that save he made in OT in game 4 was unreal which he ultimately broke his hand on. It is a save that I will remember for awhile that's forsure.

I just don't think with our teams needs that a 20yr old goalie is needed. Its not like we are considered a top team in the Eastern Conference so why would we carry a 20yr goalie? We don't have any top 19yr olds that will make a difference, we have a strong group of 17-18yr olds lead by Stephenson, Klimchuk, Burroughs, Williams come next season we will be in a much better situation to be a legit playoff contender. So why wouldn't we go with Sacher & Beukeboom as a tandem & by xmas may the best goalie become the #1 guy.

Were going to be a team that fights for around 7th in the conference anything higher then that would be a bonus. I think we will be in a lot of games til the end but we haave some weaknesses on D

RWAH
09-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Have to agree with a lot of what patsdude says, Scheidl is a lock, and Jobke is a lock, and sacker has played the best goalie in camp. I was also very impressed with Gora as a tender. IMO Hewitt looses that spot. With Chad L bringing in D-men ( 18 & 19) it looks like Underwood is questionable if Jobke returns. So heres my quess
with Jobke Schiedle Reider without Jobke--Underwood Schiedl Reider

dsquared
09-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Hewitt has become expendable with the play of Sacher. While I do not like to see 2 goalies with 94 birthdays, I think Hewitt will be traded. So IHMO the 20 yo's come out in the following order: (keep the top 3)

1) Weal if he is bounced back
2) Jobke if he is bounced back
3) Scheidl
4) Underwood (if Jobke doesn't come back other wise Reider)
5) Reider / Underwood
6) Hewitt
7) Marincin if he is bounced back

I think that the management will want one 20 yo D-man and hence keep either Jobke or Underwood to help in development of our young d. Both of these guys would be better suited in that role than Marincin.
With NHL teams sending the likes of Eberle and Ryan 2-names to the AHL - everybody is going to be pushed back through the AHL to the ECHL/CHL.

patsdude114
09-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Did edmonton seriously send Eberle to report to the AHL? Prob there best offenseive player to play in the AHL?

I get that he is still young & needs to be playing but its not like he has a 2way deal anynore either. If they sent Eberle they better have sent Hall as well cuz Eberle is miles ahead of Hall in development. Hall is so over-rated

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Its a good thing nobody here is a GM.

Though its clear Sacher has turned some heads - and even played better than Hewitt -, Hewitt shouldnt be deemed expendable by any means.

Maybe people forget that Hewitt was one of the top starters in the league last year, and at times, our best player. When the league kicks the play up a notch or two, Hewitt is more likely to keep stride than a raw rookie, who, though promising, was a backup in junior A last year with numbers lesser than Hewitt's to boot. Being 20 complicates things, but with a raw defence, experience in the pipes is pretty much required if you want to win games.

With that being said, we cant not keep Sacher at this point. It might not be fair to Beukeboom, but its a matter of waiting now moreso than a competition for the spot. Maybe if Hewy craps the bed and/or is outplayed by Sacher midseason, we could perhaps give him the starters job but until something like that happens, we need Hewitt to start.

(and as for Reider, I wouldnt take him in either scenario. Not only the injury concerns, but that D is a big concern going forward, as well as the fact he might not be able to produce enough to warrant an OA spot.

RWAH
09-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Yes they did Eberly, Nugent-Hopkins and Teubert to Oklahoma. Oklahoma's home gate should see an increase. The hurricans assigned Skinner to Charlettown and NHL wide a hand full of other players with more to come. Ryan Murray has been assigned to Everette thus we got Hand in the trade. The CHL signed an agreement that the NHL can recall any assigned player after the lock-out so Im hopping for Weal to make his way back. must watch the Kings web site to see if they assign any players to the minors.

dsquared
09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Did edmonton seriously send Eberle to report to the AHL? Prob there best offenseive player to play in the AHL?

Eberle assigned to Oklahoma City Barons (http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641616)

Oilers Assign 26 Players to Oklahoma City (http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641579) includes Davidson, Teubert, Marincin & RNH aka Ryan 2-names

patsdude114
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe people forget that Hewitt was one of the top starters in the league last year, and at times, our best player. When the league kicks the play up a notch or two, Hewitt is more likely to keep stride than a raw rookie, who, though promising, was a backup in junior A last year with numbers lesser than Hewitt's to boot. Being 20 complicates things, but with a raw defence, experience in the pipes is pretty much required if you want to win games.

I dont think people forget that he was 1 of the top starters last year, but also lets not forget either that the Pats had 1 of the best defenses in the Eastern Conference as well which played a big role in his steller numbers. With that said im not taking anything away from Hewitt, he is a good goaltender, i just dont see the point in keeping a 20yr old goalie when we do not have a team to contend for a top 4 spot in the Conference... next season we would have a much better chance at being a top 4 in Conference then we do with this years roster.

Our defense is too young & there will be growing pains through out the season with our defense. Lead by Burroughs & Williams & now Hand all at the age of 17 the Pats now have two 2nd round picks & a 3rd round pick from the same draft that will still need to develop. As 18yr olds that defense looks to be 1 of the better 1s forsure in our division.

Either way nothing is going to change in our 20yr old situation until Jobke comes back (if he does) I do agree though that I dont think Reider can produce enough to be a quality 20yr old especially on a team that has some holes to fill. With Reider on the IR they wont need to get down as quick as the rest of the league (if infact he is still on the IR when the 20yr old cut down is) So Scheidl, Underwood, Hewitt will be our 20yr olds for a few weeks reguardless, & during that time the coaching staff will most definately give Beukeboom needed starts to see if he is ready to take over as a #1 guy if hes not then by all means u gotta keep Hewitt.

Im still not infavour of keeping Hewitt as a 20yr old goalie as its not like we are going anywhere this season anyways. Yes he could steal a few wins like he has in the past but is that really going to make a big enough difference????