PDA

View Full Version : John Lammers Interview

Tipped Off
07-13-2005, 03:12 PM
The Everett Silvertips have bolstered the offensive side of the hockey club with the acquisitions of Peter Mueller and John Lammers during the summer. Lammers has tallied 55 goals in his three year WHL career and looks forward to help propel the Silvertips to the next level. Silvertips play-by-play man Keith Gerhart had a chance to catch up with the Dallas Stars 3rd Round Selection in our next player profile.

KG: John, what was your first reaction after being traded to Everett?

JL: I was very excited and happy after I found out the trade. I am looking forward to play with the likes of Zach Hamill, Peter Mueller and the rest of the team. I also have a lot of respect for Kevin Constantine and look forward to start with Everett when training camp rolls around.

KG: You played at the Everett Events Center one time in your career. What are your thoughts about the building and the Silvertips organization last year?

JL: I think the Everett Events Center is one of the nicest buildings in the league. They have a great facility and a wonderful organization. I noticed their fan support is incredible and loud. The fans in Everett are really into the game which is great.

KG: How would you describe yourself as a hockey player?

JL: I am an offensive player that likes to score and make things happen. Being one of the older players on the team I want to bring leadership with the Silvertips. I will do anything what the coaching staff wants be to do whether on the power play or penalty kill situations.

KG: Currently you are in Dallas, Texas at the Dallas Stars Prospects Camp. How is that experience going so far?

JL: It is an awesome experience thus far. The Dallas Stars are a great organization and I have learned so much in a short time at the camp. The Stars coaching staff has been really great and hopefully I can come to Everett a better player because of the experience I learned from the camp.

KG: Since you have not played against the Western Conference teams to often in your career, what are your feelings heading into the 2005-2006 season with the Silvertips?

JL: It will be a bit of a transition for me playing against the Western Conference and the U.S. Division because we do not see those teams to much during the season when I was in the Eastern Conference. As far as with the Silvertips, I think getting off to a good start is key. With players like Hamill and Mueller, we should be very competitive in the conference and the division.

KG: You are from Langley, BC which is not too far from Everett, how excited is your family about the move?

JL: My family is thrilled and excited for me. I believe Langley, BC is about an hour and a half away from Everett so they can see me play quite often. I am happy to be close to home and cannot wait to get started with Everett.