PDA

View Full Version : Schmidt and Johnson re-assigned...

Trav
09-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Both going to the SJHL..Blades down to 23 players (2 goaltenders, 14 forwards and 7 D-men)

Nice to see Nogier staying for now

Tidball
09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Both going to the SJHL..Blades down to 23 players (2 goaltenders, 14 forwards and 7 D-men)

Nice to see Nogier staying for now

Im hoping they use Lernout as the #6 and Nogier as #7. Lernout has a mean streak which will be very beneficial down the road.

lordstanley
09-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Im hoping they use Lernout as the #6 and Nogier as #7. Lernout has a mean streak which will be very beneficial down the road.

Good on Lernout and Nogier beating out vets like Schmidt and Stipancik

going somewhat of a younger route on the backend this defense is no where near set in stone though

lordstanley
09-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Lernout will be the 6th dman lernout shoots right so did schmidt so Lernout will be paired up with Pufahl

other pairings will stay the same Siemens with Thrower and Dietz with Cox

i know of 1 set line and that is

Nicholls Walker Stransky

Then my guess would be

Nicholls Walker Stransky
McColgan Sutter Astles
Stovin Benson Zajac
Harland McEvoy Stockl
Graham Bodie

Siemens Thrower
Dietz Cox
Pufahl Lernout
Nogier

Makarov
Moodie

There you have it there is our starting lineup this season

Trav
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM

That'd be my guess though I see Nogier being moved later on. Blades need a Ryan Murray or Brendan Kichton type d-man.

lordstanley
09-17-2012, 08:23 PM
That'd be my guess though I see Nogier being moved later on. Blades need a Ryan Murray or Brendan Kichton type d-man.

Those are the exact same 2 Dmen on my radar too

curwie
09-17-2012, 10:07 PM
My favorite new player thus far is Lernout. Looks like a vet back there already and is a big physical presence. Defense is really close to being complete, depending on what the team decides to do with Cox. As others have said maybe missing one piece yet.

Tidball
09-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Im thinking Brett Stovin might be placed on that 2nd line as right winger. He has been the best Blade player thus far ... in 4 games he has 5 points... Perhaps a breakout year? (If Lorne gives him the chance)

reims
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree Lernout looked very good, I am thinking that he may be a trade bait type of player tho...if he continues to play like he has other teams are gonna take notice and as we all know its hard to find a good young defenceman that plays with an edge like he does and has lots of size to boot...either way if he stays great if he goes were gonna get some good return too, its a win win in my books.

reims
09-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Lernout has been great, definitely outplayed schmidt and possibly even pufahl...nice to see a young guy step up like he has...I also agree with the stovin comment he has found his touch around the net, i would like to see him up on the 2nd line too...nothing against sutter and astles but mccolgan needs another offensive guy on that line.

lordstanley
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Lernout has been great, definitely outplayed schmidt and possibly even pufahl...nice to see a young guy step up like he has...I also agree with the stovin comment he has found his touch around the net, i would like to see him up on the 2nd line too...nothing against sutter and astles but mccolgan needs another offensive guy on that line.

Yeah nothing against Sutter he is only a 30 goal guy this year as for Stovin i originally did have him on the second line i could still see that happening but they want more of the vetren checker like astel there who can also skate very well for a tough guy

Trav
09-18-2012, 10:05 AM
The Blades won't lack toughness this yr. Lernout has looked pretty good, skating greatly improved from last year. A solid 5th or 6th dman for sure

wango tango
09-18-2012, 11:29 AM
The Blades won't lack toughness this yr. Lernout has looked pretty good, skating greatly improved from last year. A solid 5th or 6th dman for sure

it's too bad we won't get to see lernout longer in a blades uniform. i wonder if it is players like him, nogier, graham, and moodie who will be paired up with picks, or list prospects to bring in the kinds of players the team has to have to be memorial cup capable.

i read here how fans are wondering about murray in everett, only problem is, if, or when, the nhl lockout is ended will he be gone to columbus, just when the team would need him most? murray's nhl status hurts his trade value, or even the ability to move him at all.

more offensively talented forwards for the top six, especially centermen are needed. and an offensive defenseman/powerplay quarterback should be molleken's priority.

BigCat20
09-18-2012, 12:42 PM
it's too bad we won't get to see lernout longer in a blades uniform. i wonder if it is players like him, nogier, graham, and moodie who will be paired up with picks, or list prospects to bring in the kinds of players the team has to have to be memorial cup capable.

i read here how fans are wondering about murray in everett, only problem is, if, or when, the nhl lockout is ended will he be gone to columbus, just when the team would need him most? murray's nhl status hurts his trade value, or even the ability to move him at all.

more offensively talented forwards for the top six, especially centermen are needed. and an offensive defenseman/powerplay quarterback should be molleken's priority.

Totally agree. Think the staff are happy with d and in goal. Not so much up front! Not nearly enough talent up there. Gotta think Murrays status with CBJ are a concern as well as the price tag. Definetly in the Schenn type of package deal. Get him and there isnt much left to go at anyone else.

wango tango
09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Get him and there isnt much left to go at anyone else.

i don't know about that.

guess it depends on how much scorched earth the blades owners and management can live with after this season. they have all their picks, and most importantly their 1st round pick in 2013 and onward, so those plus second round selections, etc. to use as trade bait. plus their import draft picks. and don't forget list players like revel, hickmott, and pichonsky etc. that are well thought of too.

i really get a feeling the team will be prepared to pay almost any price to get the players they want. no matter how bare the cupboard is after.

lordstanley
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Hearing Reports Matt Revel is now gonna be joining the Blades this is out of his Twitter i will fill in when i know more

This is huge news

lordstanley
09-18-2012, 06:32 PM
yep it is official here is is the twitter link

Harvey Smyl ‏@HarveySmyl
The Chilliwack Chiefs organization would like to Wish Matt Revel all the best as he goes on to pursue his dream with the Saskatoon Blades.
Retweeted by Chilliwack Chiefs

This is huge news revel is a stud and put up the same points as virtanen did last year on the same team not only will this help us for scoring but also for trade bait if they so choose to do so

lordstanley
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
There will be some talented players sitting out this weekend now with all the good young prospects up front

if you dont see this news right away it may not be leaked till tomorrow just like harland not sure why they are so slow sometimes

BigCat20
09-18-2012, 09:35 PM
i don't know about that.

guess it depends on how much scorched earth the blades owners and management can live with after this season. they have all their picks, and most importantly their 1st round pick in 2013 and onward, so those plus second round selections, etc. to use as trade bait. plus their import draft picks. and don't forget list players like revel, hickmott, and pichonsky etc. that are well thought of too.

i really get a feeling the team will be prepared to pay almost any price to get the players they want. no matter how bare the cupboard is after.

I also think every prospect & pick will be in play. But no one will want prospect scraps in return. Murray will easily be worth Lernout, top prospect, 2 - 1st rounders, & a 2nd.....atleast! Don't think any teams top choices would be pichonsky or hickmott. Guys like Moodie, Revel(if he has/willing to waive his scholarship clause), Graham or Stockl are most desired players. IMO Rielly Or Dumba would be cheaper & less likely to go to NHL this yr. What's everyones thoughts on what Murrays value is?

curwie
09-19-2012, 09:23 AM
I also think every prospect & pick will be in play. But no one will want prospect scraps in return. Murray will easily be worth Lernout, top prospect, 2 - 1st rounders, & a 2nd.....atleast! Don't think any teams top choices would be pichonsky or hickmott. Guys like Moodie, Revel(if he has/willing to waive his scholarship clause), Graham or Stockl are most desired players. IMO Rielly Or Dumba would be cheaper & less likely to go to NHL this yr. What's everyones thoughts on what Murrays value is?

If Murray's price is that high, (which seems a little steep but you could be right) that will leave us nothing in return to swing 2 or 3 more deals up front. If it were me I'd move on to the next best available D man, be it Dumba, Rielly, Kichton, Pullock or whoever.

lordstanley
09-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I would expect news on Matt Revel anytime now today Blades brass are taking there time just like they did with Harland

WesternHockeyScout
09-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Revel(if he has/willing to waive his scholarship clause)

What is specified in his scholarship clause?

lordstanley
09-19-2012, 10:25 AM
What is specified in his scholarship clause?

I have no idea but he is here to stay now

twentyone
09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Chances are part of the deal signing Revel is a no trade clause. I am sure playing in the memorial cup is what made his decision to play in the WHL instead of NCAA. Pretty sure he doesnt want to give up his NCAA eligibility to get traded to a rebuilding team.

Crush Kill Destroy
09-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't pencil him in as any type of integral piece to a Memorial Cup puzzle just yet.

He is an undersized forward (165lb), who is completely unproven at this level. His 1 point in 4 BCHL exhibition games doesn't exactly jump out at you and say "Wow!".

lordstanley
09-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't pencil him in as any type of integral piece to a Memorial Cup puzzle just yet.

He is an undersized forward (165lb), who is completely unproven at this level. His 1 point in 4 BCHL exhibition games doesn't exactly jump out at you and say "Wow!".

Yes but he did better than over hyped jake virtanen on the same team last year more points same age and same team bchl has the wrong size he is now 5,11 175 hardly a small fry