PDA

View Full Version : Luke Siemens nominated for CHL Goaltender of the Week!

Wapitikev
09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Congratulations to Luke Siemens for being nominated (by the WHL) for CHL Goaltender of the Week.

Wonder how he'll play (along with Gwinner) against his old team this Friday?

:cool:

-Wapitikev

wardog fan
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
congrats Luke. looking forward to seeing him and shane play this year. never really figured out why the warriors gave up on gwinner? he has alot of potential, and as for luke it came down to the warrior brass felt they wanted to develop the two young goalies and never wanted to use their overage spot with luke. i just hope the two young goalies dont get shell shocked this year, our defense should be ok but we have way too many young forwards.

Wapitikev
09-25-2012, 12:34 PM
congrats Luke. looking forward to seeing him and shane play this year. never really figured out why the warriors gave up on gwinner? he has alot of potential, and as for luke it came down to the warrior brass felt they wanted to develop the two young goalies and never wanted to use their overage spot with luke. i just hope the two young goalies dont get shell shocked this year, our defense should be ok but we have way too many young forwards.Trial by fire...playing them is the best way to develop them, WDfan. Good luck this Friday.

-Wapitikev

puckdad
09-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Well deserved recognition for his play in both games. The whole team will play more comfortably and confidently knowing there's someone who can be relied on to back them up.

Its so nice to get some reliable goaltending and not be down one or two goals in the 1st period. Got to give some credit to defensemen clearing rebounds and tying up opponent's sticks, something we saw very little of last year, and to our forward's d-zone coverage.

We'll need to dress 2 more d-men on Friday to replace Corbin and Hodder. I'm guessing Gwinner for sure and likely Guenther.

PP in Saskatoon looked very familiar to those who have watched the Mintos under Tim Leonard. I take it that he's in control of the PP this year. Net presence, puck high, and pound pucks to the net - simple but effective. Already much improved from last year's.