PDA

View Full Version : Acquisition of Brandon Underwood.

BDKrebel
09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I actually like this trade because I think the rebels need help on defense but who is the odd man out for 20 year olds. I'm thinking it's probably Elson or Inglis. What does everybody else think.

SectionNDeserter
09-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I actually like this trade because I think the rebels need help on defense but who is the odd man out for 20 year olds. I'm thinking it's probably Elson or Inglis. What does everybody else think.Inglis has played 38 games as a Rebel, and they gave up Siwak and a 3rd rounder for him. Also, there is some controversy with Inglis, and the terms on which he left his previous two teams. Inglis is probably worth more to the team than they are going to get for him on the open market.

Kambeitz is in his fifth year with the team, and is the team Captain. Without all the injuries last season, was on pace for 35 or so goals. He is better defensively than Elson and Inglis. However, I think being injured for most of last season will have an impact on his trade value, and he too is probably worth more to the team than they would get for him on the open market.

I think Elson is the best skater of the bunch, and as much potential to put up big offensive numbers this year as Inglis does. He has gotten better every season that he has played in Red Deer. Of the three, I think he would almost certainly net the most return.

I would say there is a 60% chance that Elson gets moved, 40% chance that Inglis gets moved, and a 10% chance that Kambeitz gets moved.

BDKrebel
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
With out a doubt I think Elson and Kambeitz over the past 2 years in my opinon have been the hardest working players on the team regardless of their injuries. Inglis is probably the most talented of the bunch but whether the coaching staff can harness that talent is another question. Where does Brandon Underwood fit in all this. He is a big kid. Regina has lost a lot of defensemen and by the looks of its they are trying to rebuild the their back end. Any thoughts.

SectionNDeserter
09-27-2012, 08:11 AM
When one of the overage forwards does get moved, look for it to be to Everett or Moose Jaw--the only other two teams besides Regina and Vancouver that the Rebels ever trade with.

therat
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
I would say there is a 60% chance that Elson gets moved, 40% chance that Inglis gets moved, and a 10% chance that Kambeitz gets moved.

Does that mean that there is a 110% chance that one of them gets moved?
:D

Red celtic
09-27-2012, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Kambeitz is in his fifth year with the team, and is the team Captain. Without all the injuries last season, was on pace for 35 or so goals. He is better defensively than Elson and Inglis. However, I think being injured for most of last season will have an impact on his trade value, and he too is probably worth more to the team than they would get for him on the open market.
I would say there is a 60% chance that Elson gets moved, 40% chance that Inglis gets moved, and a 10% chance that Kambeitz gets moved[/QUOTE]

Do you think Sutter is more concerned about the return Elson would get or how many points the team has at the end of the season?

SectionNDeserter
09-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Do you think Sutter is more concerned about the return Elson would get or how many points the team has at the end of the season?I think that the number of points that the team would finish up with, with Underwood plus any two of three of Elson, Kambeitz or Inglis is going to be roughly the same. They are all capable of playing a decent two-way game, and are being expected to put up roughly the same individual point totals this season. I believe that Elson has the most 'perceived' value of the three, from a third party's perspective. If you are trading three similar players, it only makes sense to trade the one that is going to have the best chances of bringing something back that is going to at least somewhat offset their loss.

SectionNDeserter
09-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Does that mean that there is a 110% chance that one of them gets moved?
:DThis is because I was mocking the size of your head, isn't it! :D That was a typo, the 60% should be a 50%.