PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Walker named the Blades captain

Trav
09-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Not really a surprise. I like the choice.

lordstanley
09-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I like it as well. Now Siemens can take this 2 ways 1( would to sulk play poorly and ask for a trade, or 2 pull your socks up treat it like a wake up call and get your ass in gear

Not sure when the last time was a Blades captain didnt get the C the following year after wearing it the season before ?

chalk_one_up
09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Former W'Kings FTW

lordstanley
09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Former W'Kings FTW

KM has been nice enough to try and help Lorne a lot with Schenn now Walker lets hope Lorne doesnt screw this up this year

Walker is a class act

sbtatter
09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
KM has been nice enough to try and help Lorne a lot with Schenn now Walker lets hope Lorne doesnt screw this up this year

Walker is a class act

If you call nice enough getting Nikkel, McGauley, Papirny and Hawryluk!!!!! The Schenn trade did get you 1 or 2 more wins than us in those playoffs I guess!!!
Walker was carried by Stone and Ferland, I don't see that same talent available to carry him in Saskatoon. Great guy, yes, great talent, no.

lordstanley
09-28-2012, 10:20 PM
If you call nice enough getting Nikkel, McGauley, Papirny and Hawryluk!!!!! The Schenn trade did get you 1 or 2 more wins than us in those playoffs I guess!!!
Walker was carried by Stone and Ferland, I don't see that same talent available to carry him in Saskatoon. Great guy, yes, great talent, no.

Wow you took that the wrong way i was saying KM was gerious and we have faultered after KM has tried to help us so much but we have failed

Lorne has not one a deal in a long time

Wel i did like when he got bader from seattle

Tidball
09-28-2012, 11:14 PM

Walker has been the best BLades player and hardest worker this year. When the Blades were having trouble scoring, Walker weaved through 2 D-men behind the net, carried it out in front and ripped it home. He doesnt stop skating. He put up nearly double the amount of points Dzuirzynski did yet he costs the same price.

lordstanley
09-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Walker has been the best BLades player and hardest worker this year. When the Blades were having trouble scoring, Walker weaved through 2 D-men behind the net, carried it out in front and ripped it home. He doesnt stop skating. He put up nearly double the amount of points Dzuirzynski did yet he costs the same price.

Fair enough but to caomapre to Dziurzynski is horrid guy turned out to be a bust

lordstanley
09-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Pressure is on tomorrow night blades fans lol you can not go 1-3 this will choke me and others ugh

sbtatter
09-29-2012, 08:40 AM

They are totally different players though hey. DD was a bust, but thankfully Lorne did us a favour by paying the same price for Walker who was lost without Ferland and Stone, and no point keeping him in a rebuild year.

lordstanley
09-29-2012, 09:45 AM
They are totally different players though hey. DD was a bust, but thankfully Lorne did us a favour by paying the same price for Walker who was lost without Ferland and Stone, and no point keeping him in a rebuild year.

Did you ever think that maybe Walker was the 1 who made ferland and stone look better to me he does a lot of other players dirty work

bwk45h29
09-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I think you are the only one who feels that way LS. I'm under the impression that if KM felt that way about walker he wouldn't have traded him and walker would have been kept as a mentor to the younger guys. That didn't seem to be the case though we traded walker and brought in buonossissi sp? To play that role. So far I am glad with how he has worked out for you guys and buonossissi has worked out well for us too.

lordstanley
09-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I think you are the only one who feels that way LS. I'm under the impression that if KM felt that way about walker he wouldn't have traded him and walker would have been kept as a mentor to the younger guys. That didn't seem to be the case though we traded walker and brought in buonossissi sp? To play that role. So far I am glad with how he has worked out for you guys and buonossissi has worked out well for us too.

To be fair it really is only 3 games in for us i guess time will tell after 72 games how this deal worked out cant really say much after 3 games but in the 3 games he has played he is our best 2 way forward and is a great leader

sbtatter
09-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Did you ever think that maybe Walker was the 1 who made ferland and stone look better to me he does a lot of other players dirty work

Not at all. Without Stone and Ferland, Walker was just a regular player. In fact, when those 2 guys were gone to WJC tryouts, Walker really struggled and only had 1g, 0a and -2 in 3 games, way off the pace he had with Ferland making space for him and Stone setting him up. Don't get me wrong, he was a decent player, good team guy and I wish him all the best (just not against the WK's), but there is no way he is a first line player in a Mem Cup team.

ofhdhdy
09-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Not at all. Without Stone and Ferland, Walker was just a regular player. In fact, when those 2 guys were gone to WJC tryouts, Walker really struggled and only had 1g, 0a and -2 in 3 games, way off the pace he had with Ferland making space for him and Stone setting him up. Don't get me wrong, he was a decent player, good team guy and I wish him all the best (just not against the WK's), but there is no way he is a first line player in a Mem Cup team.

OMG THREE WHOLE GAMES!!!!! WOW THAT IS A HUGE SAMPLE SIZE TO BASE THIS OFF OF. Wow, yeah three games is definitely enough games to form an opinion like that, it's just over 4% of the season, that is a lot!

Trav
09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Dietz and Nicholls to have an 'A' at home, Sutter and Benson on the road.

I'd have Thrower instead of Benson

sbtatter
09-29-2012, 03:20 PM
OMG THREE WHOLE GAMES!!!!! WOW THAT IS A HUGE SAMPLE SIZE TO BASE THIS OFF OF. Wow, yeah three games is definitely enough games to form an opinion like that, it's just over 4% of the season, that is a lot!

What are you shouting about Mrs Walker? That's the only examples we have, but it's not just about the points, it's how he performed without them. He looked lost in those games with #16 and #27, he got 1 point in 3 games without them, he got 80 points in 65 games with them. Throughout his career in Bdn, Walker always played his best hockey with Ferland. Not knocking Walker, he's a decent player and good team guy, but he's not a difference maker on his own. More Glennie than Schenn if you like....

sbtatter
09-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Dietz and Nicholls to have an 'A' at home, Sutter and Benson on the road.

I'd have Thrower instead of Benson

No Siemen at all? What is going on with that?

reims
09-29-2012, 03:45 PM
siemens brought this on himself with selfish play and undisciplined penalties and who knows what happens in and around the room...as a fan who watched most of the games last year he underachieved coming back from nhl camp, and having the "c" may have went o his head a little bit...I hope this serves as a wake up call for him, if not look for him to be traded before chrsitmas...thats my 2 bits on this topic

sbtatter
09-29-2012, 03:49 PM
siemens brought this on himself with selfish play and undisciplined penalties and who knows what happens in and around the room...as a fan who watched most of the games last year he underachieved coming back from nhl camp, and having the "c" may have went o his head a little bit...I hope this serves as a wake up call for him, if not look for him to be traded before chrsitmas...thats my 2 bits on this topic

I've noticed that with some players after signing with their NHL team, the performance is never quite the same in the dub, Getzlaff and Schenn come to mind. Brayden was unstoppable his first 2 years, then after the draft he never seemed to give 100%

reims
09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I've noticed that with some players after signing with their NHL team, the performance is never quite the same in the dub, Getzlaff and Schenn come to mind. Brayden was unstoppable his first 2 years, then after the draft he never seemed to give 100%

yep...good point...but in a memorial cup season its no excuse, how can you not get up for it?? especially with a lockout season...still think he may be being shopped around right now

sbtatter
09-29-2012, 03:54 PM
yep...good point...but in a memorial cup season its no excuse, how can you not get up for it?? especially with a lockout season...still think he may be being shopped around right now

Going to be tough to get any value for him because everyone knows the Blades are desperate to upgrade their team. Anyway, maybe this will shock him and he'll revert back to his old form