PDA

View Full Version : Long season in store...

patsdude114
09-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Looks like us Pats fans could be in for a very long year, with us taking the 2nd most penalties in the entire league & being 1 of the lowest scoring teams as well plus giving up the most goals (tied with BRN) in the league.

So far this season is looking like Hunt is back behind the bench & with this stupid man defense the Pats are playing it almost makes you wonder if Hunt is behind the bench in disguise.

I have never been a fan of man to man defense in hockey, yes it works in basketball pretty well but in the game of hockey it spells defeat more times then not.

The Pats pretty well have zero experience on defense, with our most experienced Dman being Fenske which not to take anything away from him as he is a good Dman just not a Dman who should be considered in ur top 2 Dmen to lead the troops. Cole Hamblin has a bright spot on our defense so far which is nice to see for him but the Pats need more.

Dont expect Jobke to be back & even if he does get returned i believe Lang will be moving him within a week or 2 if he comes back to the WHL, could definately see him on the move to the Oil Kings as they only have 2 20yr olds & could use an experienced Dman to go along with Reinhart, Lowe & Gernat.... Jobke would also bring back more then just a pick in return as well if he is sent back from the AHL not a player of any huge signifiance but someone who could step in to play & grow with a rebuilding team.

So far the biggest disappointment this season has been Chandler Stephenson, he has yet to register a goal & only has 2 assists to show for his effort. If his efforts have been anything like our home opener it doesnt surprise me at all that he has no goals. Not exactly what u want from a guy who is suppose to lead our team into the next phase of stars on our team. I was expecting big things from Stephenson from the get go after a very strong ending to the regular season last year & a very good playoff.

Klimchuk has been good & will only improve as the season goes on but he needs some help along the way. Sylvegard hasnt done much since game 1 in BRN...

Hoping that come wednesday the game against the Warriors can help spark our season & turn it in the right direction against an arch rival. Its time for these boys to look themselves in the mirror & change what has been happening in the past few games. Gotta start playing for the guy beside you & the name on the front of the jersey & not the 1 on the back of the jersey.

I for 1 dont want to be in for a long season of losing what we grew accostume too under Parker & Hunt. This has got to stop soon & get there heads outta there arses. The season is still early enough to change & direct this in the right direction. This season reminds me alot of the year when the Pats didnt name there captain until around xmas time when we had Tuebert, Leffler, Eberle all the front runners to wear the "C" now this year we have the same problem with no 1 wearing the "C" & we are 1-4 after 5 games.

Winning
09-30-2012, 11:51 AM
I agree! Some of the the raster moves have been somewhat baffling. Last year they had some success going with a big, strong, and older blue line. This year they have moved completely moved away from that strategy. I really feel trading Underwood was a big mistake, and if Jobke doesn't come back it will be even bigger.

I was also somewhat shocked that Hardison was sat for the first two games. I just saw the one exhibition game, but he looked to be one of the better players on the ice.

patsdude114
09-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Hardarson I thought was 1 of the better players all around. He may not possess high end skill but he has a tremendous work ethic he reminds me a lot of Mitchell just not as fast or strong as of yet.

I feel Underwood was needed on our defense more then getting a 4th rd pick for him but we don't know if maybe Underwood asked to be moved as a 20yr old he prob doesn't want to be part of a rebuild, especially being an american kid who will not attend any university in canada (not sure if they cover the schooling costs in the USA or not)

I personally feel our biggest problem defensively is playing that man defense, I can't recall any team having any major success with it in recent memory cuz it just doesn't work especially with such an inexperienced defense like ours. But I feel 1 of our bigger concerns is getting Chandler Stephenson going, right now he has done nothing offensively, once he gets going that is going to open up ice for Schiedl & Klimchuk we know where Stevenson is going to score his goals from (infront of the net on rebounds)

Sacher has not been the problem these last 2 games, listening to the games if anything he kept us in the games & eased the damage on the score board. Esepcially last nite stopping Shrinkurk on 2 breakaways.

Bighat
09-30-2012, 03:15 PM
We all new in was going to be a rebuild year and chad is just adding pieces for the future. I know everyone wants to win now but this Team has the makings to be good for alot of years in a row. It's a little early in the season to be giving up on the boys, I don't understand how some fans are so negative (5 games in) really. It's going to take this team 24 games to gel and mature (mark my words).

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-30-2012, 07:31 PM
At first I was hoping this wouldnt be the WHL's edition of "the replacements", but i also think what we have seen so far is a sign of things to come.

We need more experience and quality on offence, rather than journeymen veterans. Do whatever you have to in order to accomplish it or this is whats going to happen. Without Weal, there is very little going on back there, and toughness isnt going to help especially if everybody is the size of bertaggia(and possesses the same propensity to just go limp after any contact) with today's g-rated version of the rules.

RWAH
10-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I agree if this ship is not righted it could be a very long season. IMO the first change has to be to reduce the penalties we are taking. As coach Cameron said you shorten your bench when on the PK, and your PK players are usually your offencive players, so when you need a goal or some sustained pressure they are low on gas.

However unlike the Parker/Hunt days this management and coaches (Chad, Pat, Cameron and Josh) will make some player moves if it does not improve.

Looking forward to the next 5 games at home to seee if the team improves.

patsdude114
10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't understand how some fans are so negative (5 games in) really. It's going to take this team 24 games to gel and mature (mark my words).

Not sure how I am being negitive when its been put on display for 5 games already. I'm not expecting a great season by any means but all these penalties have got to stop. That is what is killing us right now the worst.

blueline
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Pat must be by far the worst coach in the league, you dont win games with being arrogant.
Chat, you're just a puppet.

patsdude114
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Pat Conacher hasnt even been there for the past 3 games as he has a family matter back home in Alberta (i believe it was) to deal with. He is on a leave of absence from the team & Cameron is acting as the Head Coach right now.

I know the Pats are a very inexperienced team right now, not really a young team just inexperienced. We all know there is going to be some growing pains this season just hoping that the players get it soon especially with the undiscplined part of there game lately. The PK right now is killing us, if they can find a way to stay out of the box & not take the stupid penalties we will be fine.

In every game so far 5on5 we have not been out played, the difference in every game so far has been the PP, our PP hasnt been good at all yet & our PK has been brutal to say the least.

witness
10-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Chat, you're just a puppet

Who or what is Chat????