PDA

View Full Version : trans canada clash history

wardog fan
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM
with the dawn of a new season among us and the warriors heading down highway 1 to regina, i thought it would be cool for fans to relive their memories or greatest moments of this storied rivalry . i know this has been heated on both sides but i would like for it to be classy but funny. great hockey moments great players, great fights, this tradition has had it all...

for me the top moment would be the first year the warriors had a team and the pats and warriors had a bench clearing brawl. me and my cousin up on the glass watching all the fights at the old crushed can.

another would have to be mickey mouse night and everyone wearing mickey mouse ears for the game.lol great times..

feel free to add some stories and lets hope with no nhl that this series entertains us all winter...

mjw22
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
the bench clearing brawl at the can started by Fleury. The fact that the Pansies were to scared to dress that ridiculous dog for the rematch after they assaulted Puck Head. Every time we eliminated them from the play offs or eliminated them from from play off race always a special moment. :groovy: chanting YELLOW every time Kovacks came on the ice :clap: Almost forgot Slades melt down in the play offs.:D:D:D:D Sad to say but those days are as gone the crushed can . With the new rules etc the rivalries are more hype than fact

patsdude114
10-16-2012, 04:52 PM
I know this is alittle late as i hadnt seen this thread til now but some of my memories of the Pats & Warriors rivalry are...

The time the biggest puke of a captain Sean O'Connor won the faceoff from a ceremonial faceoff before the game... it was a very classless act on even a bigger classless person. He would only ever fight 16 or 17yr old kids even at the age of 20, i guess picking ur battles was what O'Connor did best... ill leave it at that about that puke.

When Slade let Dustin Boyd meet his blocker as a chop on his glove hand when having the puck frozen, Boyd almost landed back in MJ with that blocker thrown.

Every game in the crush can, it wasnt a classy rink by any means but will remember every game i ever attended there, the sight lines were good & bad depending on where u sat, the many many coats of paint the building facility put on those stairs & made those stairs so slippery when abit of snow would melt off ur boots/shoes, the bench seats that reminded u of being back in high school in blenchers. 1 thing is for certain when being a visiting fan u always knew when the momentuem was all on the Warriors side in that building, how the building would erupt when the Warriors would score.