PDA

View Full Version : Jakob Stukel

N.W. Bruin
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I checked his stats out in the B.C. Midget League and he is tied for most goals in the league with eight with a couple of sixteen year olds with the Okanagan Rockets and he is fifteen. Which is pretty good when one considers the fifteen year olds are playing against teams made up of about 85% seventeen and sixteen year olds.

http://www.bchockey.net/MML/MML_Stats.aspx

Other former Giant players who played in the midget league and got twenty goals as fifteen year olds are:

Jackson Houck (20 Goals and 38 Points) with 2010-11 Vancouver NW Giants while line mates sxiteen year old Alex Kerfoot and fifteen year old Sam Reinhart piled up 108 and 78 points respectfully

Brendan Gallagher (23 Goals and 56 Points) with 2007-08 Greater Vancouver Canadians

Evander Kane (22 Goals and 54 Points) with 2006-07 Greater Vancouver Canadians

In the six previous seasons the midget league has been going only one player got 40 goals and that would be Ryan Nugent Hopkins as a fifteen year old while former Regina Pat Jordan Weal had thirty nine.

Doesn't mean every fifteen year old who scored twenty in the league became a WHL scoring star but it appears to be better than 70% (Guys like James Doblowski come to mind as those you didn't)

franchise
10-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Don't know where Ty Ronning is playing but he will be 19 (same as Stukel) in 2016.....They don't have much size but for some reason I always remember that Nathan Burns, now 6'2" and 185 lbs, was 5' 6" when drafted as a 15 year old.

N.W. Bruin
10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Don't know where Ty Ronning is playing but he will be 19 (same as Stukel) in 2016.....They don't have much size but for some reason I always remember that Nathan Burns, now 6'2" and 185 lbs, was 5' 6" when drafted as a 15 year old.

I wondered about Ronning too. He was going to try out for the Giants in the B.C. Midget League but obviously didn't make it. His other teammates from the Burnaby Winter Club have made the league (Musil, Schultz and of course the number one overall pick Barzal. This is a bit worrisome.

Anyway Payton Lee's numbers in Junior B as of right now

4 GP
3 W
1 L
1 Shutout
243 Minutes Played
4 Goals against
0.99 GAA
114 Shots Against
110 Saves
.965 Save Percentage

franchise
10-09-2012, 05:49 PM
could still be recovering from the fractured forearm he received at Giants camp and just doesn't appear on a roster.

GL1040
10-09-2012, 06:37 PM
could still be recovering from the fractured forearm he received at Giants camp and just doesn't appear on a roster.

Ronning didn't make NW Giants, he didn't get back on the ice before they made final cuts. I believe he is billeting out in Ladner/Twas and going to hockey academy and not playing minor hockey. Gallagher started some high school team or something like that and he is playing for them is what I heard.

N.W. Bruin
10-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Ronning didn't make NW Giants, he didn't get back on the ice before they made final cuts. I believe he is billeting out in Ladner/Twas and going to hockey academy and not playing minor hockey. Gallagher started some high school team or something like that and he is playing for them is what I heard.

I am pretty sure this will be not good for the development. He should be playing against better players. Likely too young to play Junior A or B now with the rules but BWC has a midget team. Though not sure what that will be like with the top end guys playing in the B.C. Midget League.:confused: