PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Kambeitz trade

SectionNDeserter
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Was honestly a bit surprised when I saw the trade announced on Twitter. I knew they weren't trading a guy they had just acquired, and it was unlikely that they were trading a guy that is tied for first in goals in the league. So that left Elson and Kambeitz. I expect Kambeitz and Elson to finish with roughly the same number of points at the end of the season, but Elson is both NHL signed and hasn't suffered through as many bad injuries in the last season as Kambeitz, and I figured he would bring the most return in a trade.

I thought the Rebels would get a 3rd, or less likely a 2nd round pick for Elson, given the looming deadline, it seemed like a buyer's market. If you can get a 3rd rounder and a young player with a great deal of potential (and a sorely needed '95 player) three days before they had to just release one of them, then I say go for it, as that is an offer that they couldn't possibly refuse.

And what do Saskatoon get? They get a guy that is an absolute warrior that leaves nothing on the ice. 2011-12 was a rough season for him, he lost his Mother in the summer and then suffered a string of injuries during the season, but kept battling and still managed to put up 19 goals and 31 points in 45 games, as well as being a top penalty killer and a decent face-off man. Far and above all of that, they get a player that is a role-model, something that team would appear to desperately need at the moment.

Rebelsfan13
10-10-2012, 08:14 AM
I think it was a good trade for everyone. Kambeitz will get an opportunity to play in a memorial cup and the Rebels get a draft pick and a young prospect that can help immediately. I see that he already contributed last night with an assist.

I think the club is going int he right direction and will surprise a few people this year and be even stronger next year. I believe with Brent back this helps everyone focus in their areas of accountability.

Red celtic
10-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I think this was the best possible scenario as far as the Rebs are concerned. We keep the 3 20's that meet are current needs plus pickup 3rd. rounder which replaced the 3rd rounder we had traded to Vancouver and get a nice looking player in Stockl. Good trade but the nicest thing about this trade is I win lunch from SectionN who bets with his heart rather than his head.

Rebelsfan13
10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
You win that bet as long as he is not buying you lunch at the Centrium otherwise you both lose lol.

Red celtic
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
You win that bet as long as he is not buying you lunch at the Centrium otherwise you both lose lol.

He did tell me my lunch was going to be a sandwich made by his wife. Later recanted and said we are going out for Thai food. We will see.

SectionNDeserter
10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
You win that bet as long as he is not buying you lunch at the Centrium otherwise you both lose lol.You have no idea what sort of a hotdog fan he is!

Red celtic
10-10-2012, 07:38 PM
ouch