PDA

View Full Version : Connor Cox placed on waivers

curwie
10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
This is in the Kambeitz thread also.

Hard to see a player of his caliber go and get nothing in return. Another hole that needs filled.

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 11:50 AM
This is in the Kambeitz thread also.

Hard to see a player of his caliber go and get nothing in return. Another hole that needs filled.

Agreed nothing against these guys Pufahl Schmidt Lernout and Nogier can not be your 4th 5th 6th and 7th dman on the roster Hopefully something is done sooner rather than later i really want a Joel Edmundson type of dman

curwie
10-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Agreed nothing against these guys Pufahl Schmidt Lernout and Nogier can not be your 4th 5th 6th and 7th dman on the roster Hopefully something is done sooner rather than later i really want a Joel Edmundson type of dman

Yep. Also to add to what you said, couple in the alleged problems with Thrower, and stripping Siemens of the C, and we have quite a shyte storm on the back end. It will be an interesting couple of weeks.

Maybe Thrower and Mooner mended fences?

BigCat20
10-10-2012, 02:07 PM
From hearing what the Thrower family has gone thru & what kind of parents they are, I'm sure dad is even more angry at Dalton than Lorne. I bet he set him straight. I'm not sure we are a better team this wk than last. I don't understand how we need more character guys when we already have Sutter, Dietz, Benson, Walker & Siemens. How can such a group who've been together for yrs, become a problem in their potentially last yr of junior. Everyone keeps talking about dirk, musil or edmundson.......but where is the offensive dman? We just lost 40+ points on the back end, we need that plus someone to run pp. Don't think we will fill all of the wish list of what we really need.

franchise
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
The potential with what is already here is more than enough to compete night in and night out. Thrower is a big talent and clearly missed. Between Nicholls, Stransky, Sutter, Makarov, Siemens, Thrower, Dietz, and Benson that is a heck of a start. Throw in Revel and Walker and now the recent additions its only a matter of time before they get it going. Better to go through it now than at the end of the year. Every team in the league is gonna go through a stretch of lousy luck and lousy hockey sooner or later. More trades or not there is no way that Lorne and Staff are panicking, or should be.

TheMysteryMan
10-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I agree teams go through stretches where they lose and maybe that's all this is but I disagree with you when you say they shouldn't be panicking. I think they are feeling some pressure because how does anybody know if it's just a bad stretch or a bad team? Most people would think it looks like a bad team because nobody has seen them play any good hockey yet this year. It is early but you still have to win some games. Just my opinion. I haven't seen them yet so it is hard for me to comment.

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Wanna hear how obvious cody nickolodeons keys to the game will be for tonight okay

1.Special teams have to be better than Portlands
2.Score first get some momentium
3.Makarov needs to be strong

There you have it lol

Trav
10-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Well now that we got more grit and "character" guys that Molleken is obsessed with, hopefully he now goes and finds some snipers.

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
2 goals in 25 seconds for a portland rookie to make it 2-0 early in the second lol

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 08:30 PM
4-0 Blades have given up again so the question is how many does Portland get tonight ?

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Wonder if Broadsky has the balls to make a coaching change

Rye
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
How did Makarov get a contract? He looks like a backup out there, its awful. So many rebounds into the slot, he's not using his stick for anything but swinging at players and is just flat out out of position far too often. The Blades need to get a goaltender, I dont care if it's early, the rest of the east is winning and creating a big gap that is going to be difficult to catch up to.

Rye
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
And that's not to say it's a goaltending problem but he isn't making it any easier with all of those rebounds all over the place.

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
And that's not to say it's a goaltending problem but he isn't making it any easier with all of those rebounds all over the place.

Well i do Agree a bit the Blades goaltending is letting them down early and they have no confidense to play there game which is 4 deep and 1 back is seems what a joke

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Or i should say they are playing the 3-1-1 3 forwards rover and 1 dman yeah that works in the whl lol

Sttop
10-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Any fight recaps?

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Let me try to cover tonights game for you all

First period we play great 5 on 5 hockey we get 4 power plays do nothing with it give up 1 power play and let up a cross bar chance to be losing

Second period We let a rookied for Portland get on fire and score 2 goals in 25 seconds to make it 2-0 early and totaly deflate the blades pretty much curtains for this team right now no confidense

As the period goes on Portland gets 2 more and yeah no need for a tird period which was nothing your final is Portland 4 Blades 0 no confidense right now it is the way it is lol

Facing a lot og goalies lately and older goalies watch out for kootenay there goalie i am sure will steal the show again in the first period we will get down and lose again enjoy the MeMorial cup in May not sure i will be there at this rate

mjw22
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Any fight recaps?

There isnt any fight left in the Blades. :)

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 09:47 PM
There isnt any fight left in the Blades. :)

Okay frick off first lol and second Astels did win his fight after he got the guys helmut off

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 09:49 PM
The way things have gone i expect 3 wins in 3 nights PA did it so come on lol i am sure in the end it will be -0-3 can the memorial cup host team be changes just wondering ?

lordstanley
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
We alwats keep saying waiting how long is waiting ? i would serilously like to know

mjw22
10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
The way things have gone i expect 3 wins in 3 nights PA did it so come on lol i am sure in the end it will be -0-3 can the memorial cup host team be changes just wondering ?

It has happened before .Once in the dub and a couple times down east.C'mon LS they are only 3 pts out 8th . :) Lorne does know there are some goalies out there right ( Carruth Lanigan Engel ) that could push Makarov.

sbtatter
10-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Wanna hear how obvious cody nickolodeons keys to the game will be for tonight okay

1.Special teams have to be better than Portlands
2.Score first get some momentium
3.Makarov needs to be strong

There you have it lol

Who care what this Cody Nickolodeons has to say? He's a colour commentator and a wannabe scout. What matters more what is how the team is playing

Rye
10-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Haha his post-game interview with Carruth was kind of entertaining. Asking him questions about the how the team was performing and such ... Carruth had just joined the team! Mac didn't really know what to say and even tossed in a 'looks like' when asked about the lack of offense since the season started.

witness
10-11-2012, 08:09 AM
What the Blades need is a road trip. Take the pressure off. Do a little bonding.

puckdad
10-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't get too worried about the Blade's 2 & 6 record this early into the season. The Raiders started off last year with 2 wins in their first 8 games and ended up finishing...........uh..........oh........never mind. Good luck with that Memorial Cup thing you're planning.

lordstanley
10-12-2012, 05:51 PM
So what is a must for this weekend ? i got to think 2 out of 3 but if they are true contenders they will take it game by game and win 3 here is to hoping

Now if they get swept and go to 2-9 is that enough for Brodsky to make drastic moves i hope so :eek:

lordstanley
10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Nice star again tonight talk to me when the deadline comes:eek: