PDA

View Full Version : Oct 19 Tri-City Americans @ Pats

dsquared
10-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Program (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62809812/Oct.%2019th%20vs.%20Tri%20City.pdf)

patsdude114
10-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Finally printed off that program for the 1st time, made 2 copies for me & my father (sit in different areas) I must say it is much better then that little booklet we used to get in previous years, must of the stuff in those booklets i know myself i could careless about only wanted the actual rosters out of the booklet. This gives us stats & the rosters which to me is more useful :)

Cant wait to go to the game tonite, have wanted to see TC for sometime altho its not last year's roster with some big name players this years roster still consists of Feser, Rankin as well as Comrie between the pipes.

RWAH
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I hope the Pats are building to be like that team. Fast, Physical,Great forcheck in fact all systems, great goal tending, disiplined. The Pats right now are not as good as Tri City. That by far is the best of the US teams weve seen so far this season. It should be a great conference final in the West with Kamloops and Tri City. I know it early to talk that way but they play great hockey, and not all chip and chase they also gained the O zone by passing and skating. Always two forcheckers. They have the skating ability to use two forcheckers because they can get back in the play if the puck gets by them.

I was entertained.

Fight Guy
10-19-2012, 11:38 PM
If they're hoping to build like that team, than they have a lot to learn about winning races to pucks and taking shots one the PP.

All night, the Pats didn't put any effort into trying to get the puck when in their own zone. If they had tried to win some of those races, Tri-City wouldn't have had as many shots on net. I think it was against Portland they did the same thing. They were losing those races and having circles skated around them. Then after the 1st period, they smartened up and started winning those races and got more opportunities. They also started hitting hard, all the time. It slowed Portland down a lot, which speed and good passes were what they were using against the Pats. I felt if they did the same think tonight, they would have helped Hewitt out bit and had more possession of the puck.

Then comes the pathetic power play. The Pats need to shoot the damn puck. I'd may as well go out for a smoke when they get the PP. Tonight, there was no way they could keep passing the puck around like they did if they wanted any success. TC just pressured the hell out of them. They contained the Pats PP to the blue line pretty much. So far, even when they are given the space to pass the puck around, they need to take an effing shot!! It's just garbage to watch. Your going to have better luck taking more shots and hoping for a rebound than getting the perfect one timer. Their back door play can be deadly if their opponent allows them to get in that close. But when they aren't allowing that, you have to try something else.

Those were the two things that annoyed the hell out of me all game, and in some cases, all season. I think this is my first post this season, so I'll say that I like the way the team looks and plays...when they're doing the right things. When they're doing things right, they're winning. Good example is, again, the Portland game. The first period looked like it was going to be a laugher for the Winterhawks. Lucky for the Pats, Hewitt was on his game and saved them. Then from the second period on, the Pats did things right, and out shot them the next two periods. They were out shot in OT, but I think the Pats got a penalty. But in the end, they battled and got the win. Portland looked really good here, but the Pats made it hard for them to do what they do. While tonight, they let TC do their thing. Hewitt did what he could all night.

...I think I'm finished.

RWAH
10-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Fight Guy I agree Our PP sucks and has for all but the Moose Jaw game. But TC out skated the Pats all three periods. They used that speed to for checked, giving the puck carrier no time or space and we had no outlet but a chip up the boards. TC's back end had our chip up th boards covered which created turn overs. Their transsion was fast and back in our end PDQ. And I agree they beat us to the puck in our end but was that their speed or our Dmen slow?

It would be interesting the time of possesion in the attacking zone and I think TC won that as well.

It seamed that when they needed a goal they turned it up a notch and got one.