PDA

View Full Version : Duncan Siemens named to Subway Superseries

Western Elite
10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Duncan Siemens has been named to the Subway Super Series. How about the team MVP thus far in Darren Dietz. You can't argue perhaps with Siemens being on the team as he does fill a certain potential shut down roll but Dietz deserves a look if Siemens does IMO. Darren has worked hard from going from a non drafted WHL dman to a player who is arguably a top guy in the league now as a 19 year old.

lordstanley
10-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Couple shockers to me no Cheveldave and Moroz and Ewanyk both playing

Dietz deserves a look big time he has 6 power plays goals this year and is 1 offf the lead league

TheMysteryMan
10-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I was just curious if anybody knows how they decide who plays in one game and who plays in both?

lordstanley
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I am almost convinced i could pick a better team than team canada could when will they ever stop picking checking line bums like ewanyk and moroz hell this goes way back to the olympics of 98 when team canada picked rob zaumer for his faceoff skills

and no i am not being a homer cause frankly i dont know if i would pick any blades this year other than maybe dietz

mjw22
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
I am almost convinced i could pick a better team than team canada could when will they ever stop picking checking line bums like ewanyk and moroz hell this goes way back to the olympics of 98 when team canada picked rob zaumer for his faceoff skills

and no i am not being a homer cause frankly i dont know if i would pick any blades this year other than maybe dietz

I agree you have to wonder . It's more politics than hockey and they wonder why we lose . Too many 3rd line grinders and not enough scorers. Teubert was another head shaker amongst many. Rielly I can see but Fioretti ?

lordstanley
10-25-2012, 06:25 PM
I agree you have to wonder . It's more politics than hockey and they wonder why we lose . Too many 3rd line grinders and not enough scorers. Teubert was another head shaker amongst many. Rielly I can see but Fioretti ?

Agreed and what about trent oulette from the pats head shaker yes he got off to a good start but really has slowed down and never has panned out to nothing and is 19 this year

lordstanley
10-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Granted this subway series does not mean much but they could still pick players who deserve to be there and evaluate for the chance at a tryout for team canada in december head shakers for sure

Tidball
10-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Duncan Siemens has been named to the Subway Super Series. How about the team MVP thus far in Darren Dietz. You can't argue perhaps with Siemens being on the team as he does fill a certain potential shut down roll but Dietz deserves a look if Siemens does IMO. Darren has worked hard from going from a non drafted WHL dman to a player who is arguably a top guy in the league now as a 19 year old.

Dietz is drafted to the Montreal Canadiens. I do agree that he should have made that team. He should also(but wont) get World Junoir consideration. He is very good defensively and has a BOMB from the point.

Trav
10-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Every year there's always a few players on Team WHL that make me shake my head, no offense to them, just gotta laugh at those selecting the team every year. I'd take Dietz and even Thrower over Siemens.

Oh well, until Hockey Canada wakes up and puts better national teams together, Russia will just keep on beating them. The Russian team that's coming looks pretty good.