PDA

View Full Version : Trent Ouellette on Team WHL

patsdude114
10-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Im not taking anything away from Trent but is the WHL just that weak this year that Ouellette is selected to play for Team WHL in the upcoming Subway Series against the Russians......

Im guessing that most likely Chandler Stephenson would of been selected had he not re-injuried his ankle in the final seconds against Tri-City but with Stephenson out for 6 weeks i guess give Ouellette some credit to his quick start to the year, it is nice for him to get regonized for some of his early accomplishments this season.

http://www.reginapats.com/article/team-whl-rosters-for-subway-super-series

en1334
03-04-2013, 11:45 PM
i disagree ouellette is a versatile player, who has more defensive and offensive qualities. too bad he got injured and could not play either.

patsdude114
03-05-2013, 01:11 PM
welcome to the site wouldnt expect someones 1st post to be on this old thread though....I will agree with everything you said but he is not good enough to be put in conversation as the WHL elite players....it was a poor selection but im sure hockey canada/whl thought with his quick start before he got injuried maybe he was turning a corner in his game on the offensive side.

Fight Guy
03-05-2013, 05:25 PM
He came out really strong at the start and could see why they picked him, but it was a decision that made me tilt my head and think '***?'.

patsdude114
03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
I fully agree fightguy he did have a strong start which many do & then taper off as systems become learned by the raw rookies be it 16yr olds or 18yr old rookies.

Junior hockey is put into 3 seasons, each 1 being completely different brand of hockey. The 1st segement is start of the year to xmas break, this is the grooming period most veterns tend to get off to a strong start but maybe still lack points. The 2nd segement is xmas break til playoff time, this is the time where you hopefully see the maturity level of a kid & if he is going to grab a bigger role or ride the bench (see Christoffer off Pats, could of been Rossingol too). The 3rd segement is playoff time & everything is self explanitory there, just hope your team isn't 1 that falls off the radar (see Pats team of 2012-13)