PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs P.A

Harvest
10-30-2012, 09:28 PM
This is starting to get tiring, you can only stay positive so long before we as fans need reasons on why we are not wining with at team that should be very capable of being one of the top teams in our division. At some point you have to make the decision whether you just don't have the players to win or your coach isn't getting the most out of your guys.

scfan39
10-31-2012, 05:54 AM
They played hard against pa and got a point its a step in the right direction

SocnorB
11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Ninth in the Eastern Division and sliding. Thought this was supposed to be the year. Guess not. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

trucker
11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
The decision made by the Bronco Board in regards to signing Lamb to another long term contract, without proving he is capable of putting together a winning WHL team, is enough reason for the fans to demand answers by this board. This extension made me barf in my mouth when I heard it announced by Liam Choo-Foo. He said "Lamb is a very hard working individual for the club". Maybe so, but only winning fills the arena, and ALL COACHES AND GM'S ARE HARD WORKING IN THE W.H.L.. Wonder why our board makes it sound as though we have the only hard working coach and GM? My opinion of Lamb Chops as an Oiler was wonderful and I was excited for his arrival here. And now?...Not so much. This decision made by the Bronco Board, could go down as the B and A game shifter, if indeed we do loose the Broncos. Hope I'm wrong!! Lamb still has proved NOTHING at the helm and gets rewarded for it. Only where life makes sense. After all these seasons of loosing teams, the responsibilty, lies solely in the decision made to keep Mark Lamb and Darren "excuse" Evjien. One doesn't need to be a rocket scientist, or have the ability to split atoms to see that keeping this coaching duo together could very well be the demise of our beloved franchise. :burningmad:

mjw22
11-09-2012, 09:58 PM
You can always drive over and watch that slow under working Warrior team thats ahead of the Broncos. :D:D:D

patsdude114
11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Look at the bright side ull be able to trade Scarlett & Lowry & get a return for them for yet another rebuild.

Outside of those 2 there isnt much talent there besides Gordon.... but hey u guys have a team that likes to fight (or so was the case early in the year) at least u guys seem happy about that (or u were happy about that)

U guys have been a .500 hockey team all year long just losing in OT to gain a point here & there....the Pats will pass u guys soon, at least we have talent coming back soon from the Injury Reserve List in Stephenson & Ouellette. We are keeping pace without our #1 & #2 centers

Traveler
11-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Look at the bright side ull be able to trade Scarlett & Lowry & get a return for them for yet another rebuild.

Yeah wasn't that suppose to be their idea when they traded Eakin away a few years ago:D

dodywood4ever
11-11-2012, 11:29 PM
The trolls are thick in here. 2 big wins and in second now. And what a joke the Pats have more talent than the Broncos. What exactly has your organization done to talk down to anybody? Ever? Garbage year after year so I understand your anger but why bring it to the Bronco forum. Makes you look like a pouty child.

patsdude114
11-12-2012, 02:47 AM
The trolls are thick in here. 2 big wins and in second now. And what a joke the Pats have more talent than the Broncos. What exactly has your organization done to talk down to anybody? Ever? Garbage year after year so I understand your anger but why bring it to the Bronco forum. Makes you look like a pouty child.

still have done more then any bronco team.... u guys returned virtually ur whole roster from last year u guys have 2 rookie skaters & 2 rookie goalies but ur goalie is a 19yr old euro so more then capable of being a goalie in this league & ur bragging about being a .500 team for a team that should be above most in our division. At least we have had some elite talent to watch for the past 7yrs or so (eberle & weal) the broncos havent put out anything that comes close to talent of those 2....its ok if u guys cant afford scouts to find actual talent soon u guys will be part of the SJHL & no 1 will care how u guys do...oh wait thats already happening in SC so it will be no different.

like mjw22 said ur barely better then them who are also going with 2 raw rookies between the pipes both 17yrs old

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
still have done more then any bronco team.... u guys returned virtually ur whole roster from last year u guys have 2 rookie skaters & 2 rookie goalies but ur goalie is a 19yr old euro so more then capable of being a goalie in this league & ur bragging about being a .500 team for a team that should be above most in our division. At least we have had some elite talent to watch for the past 7yrs or so (eberle & weal) the broncos havent put out anything that comes close to talent of those 2....its ok if u guys cant afford scouts to find actual talent soon u guys will be part of the SJHL & no 1 will care how u guys do...oh wait thats already happening in SC so it will be no different.

like mjw22 said ur barely better then them who are also going with 2 raw rookies between the pipes both 17yrs old

Wow...

scfan39
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
According to simple math we skate 5 rookies and 2 rookie tenders (that equals 7 patsdude) Now just for fun let's see.. Eakin leads the Stars in points.. hows the elite Weal doing

imo we are playing much better hockey as of late things will balance themselves out, one would expect the blades will get going too and naturally the pats will get buried

dodywood4ever
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Hahahaha where to begin? How far did that elite talent get you? I actually feel sorry for both Eberle and Weal. Imagine if they could have been on a team that had talent to surround them with? And you are going to beak our scouting? What exactly are you lacking in your private life that the only joy you get is coming to another teams forum and looking like an idiot? I'll PM you my seat location for any Bronco game and you can stop by and talk to me in person. But we both know how that will go don't we? Things are scary outside the confines of Moms basement aren't they little man?

sbtatter
11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Didn't seea thread for this so just adding it into this active thread.
Swifty looked like a solid, middle of the pack team. They are bigger than most, maybe the only bigger team this year we've seen has been Seattle, and a little slower than what we've seen so far at the Keystone Center. They deserved the win yesterday, out worked the WK's. They work really hard, and have a great little Euro goaltender. Lowry of course is the guy who stands out, huge and solid on his skates, and loves to hit. 3 fights, Miller an even fight but a decision over Dale just because Dale lost his balance when Miller caught him with a punch, Nikkel and LeSann a tie, Nikkel fell over LeSanns stick before they engaged which was pretty humerous, and MacKay a decisive decision over the tentative Cooper in his first WHL scrap.
So, assuming Saskatoon get things going, Swifty should be fighting it out with Leth, PA, MH in the 2nd tier of teams for 4th to 7th in the conference.
As far as rookies go, WK's had six 17 year old rookies and two 16 year old rookies dressed, I think a little younger team than Swifty? Anyway, I remember that for a few years (2008 to 2011) Swifty had a soft, losing team, they seem to have got rid of the softness which is a good step.

Hockeyfantastic
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Outside of those 2 there isnt much talent there besides Gordon.... but hey u guys have a team that likes to fight (or so was the case early in the year) at least u guys seem happy about that (or u were happy about that)

U guys have been a .500 hockey team all year long just losing in OT to gain a point here & there....the Pats will pass u guys soon, at least we have talent coming back soon from the Injury Reserve List in Stephenson & Ouellette. We are keeping pace without our #1 & #2 centers

Over the past 6 years, Regina has made the playoffs 3 times. Swift - 4 times and MJ - 4 times. Over the same period, Regina and Swift have averaged 73 points per season and MJ - 75. So, concerning Swift being a .500 hockey team, don't you think you should have mentioned Regina in the same sentence?

dodywood4ever
11-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Over the past 6 years, Regina has made the playoffs 3 times. Swift - 4 times and MJ - 4 times. Over the same period, Regina and Swift have averaged 73 points per season and MJ - 75. So, concerning Swift being a .500 hockey team, don't you think you should have mentioned Regina in the same sentence?

Uhoh facts and logic in a post? That should have Pats fans confused and angry.

Harvest
11-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Haha yep. I don't know if you guys caught this in the news but with all this talk of drinking age, they are trying to raise the legal drinking age in Regina to 32, looks like there trying to keep alcohol out of the high schools.

mjw22
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Do you know how petty and small mindrd you really sound? All you can do is city bash and name calling like a 10 year old. Give your head a shake and act like a big boy now.

:groovy:

Scout
11-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Stay off the Bronco forum unless you stick to hockey.

Scout

mjw22
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Stay off the Bronco forum unless you stick to hockey.

Scout

Funny how SC fans like to trash talk on other forums but cry when we come do it here. :p Hockey related love your coach and the great job he's done :)

Scout
11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm actually a Mod and don't even live in Swift Current. If you read my profile i live in Halifax. I'm a fan of the Western Hockey League and altough i no longer live out West i still follow the league very close. And if your thinking i'm new to this! I'm one of the originals when this forum first started so i do know my hockey and the W.H.L. Just asking you show some respect to each other.

Scout:)

mjw22
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm actually a Mod and don't even live in Swift Current. If you read my profile i live in Halifax. I'm a fan of the Western Hockey League and altough i no longer live out West i still follow the league very close. And if your thinking i'm new to this! I'm one of the originals when this forum first started so i do know my hockey and the W.H.L. Just asking you show some respect to each other.

Scout:)

:bowdown: :)

Scout
11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Cute :p

Flathead
11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Wow! I haven't been on here forever and haven't really missed the negativity! All the coach bashing, name calling and childish behaviour is ridiculous. It's like the only ones on here are a bunch of negative Nellys.
I've been enjoying watching a very hard working talented bunch of kids, playing on a well coached team that has a lot of potential. I've really enjoyed this years team and with a couple minor tweaks could make a decent run in the playoffs! Go Broncos and keep up the hard work!

Hockeyfantastic
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM

Firstly, SC has 6 raw rookies - Bow, Zinkan, MacKay, LeSann, Spagrud, and Martin
Secondly, SC had the option of keeping Rossignal, but decided to trade him -to Regina - and kept one of the raw rookies. When any coach decides to trade a veteran and keep a rookie, or vice versa - pick up a veteran for a draft pick - he generally takes into account his depth chart, his future and present players, his future draft picks, his 20 year old situation for the next year, and the like. Some coaches choose not to play too many 16 year olds and prefer to have these players play one more year in triple A to gain confidence and get more ice time. For you to say SC has only 2 raw rookies and 2 rookie goalies is incorrect and quite frankly irrelevant.
Thirdly, if you are bragging about your elite talent (Eberle and Weal) over the past 7 years and SC's inability to afford to pay scouts, then consider this - With either Eberle and Weal in your lineup, Regina has made the playoffs twice in the last 5 years so it takes more than elite players to make a team. In the two years that you did make the playoffs, Weal was 1-4=5 in 5 games and Eberle was 2-4=6 in 6 games. That means Regina won three playoff games in the past 5 years. One cannot dispute that Weal and Eberle were elite players but to criticize SC's scouts is unfair when it would appear that criticism could also be directed somewhere closer to home.
I am not saying the Swift Current situation has been ideal, but for goodness sake do you think your situation is better. And if you want to go back further in time to compare overall records, let's do that. And if you want to talk about elite players - I give you Sakic and Trottier

2,5,andagame
11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Re-retire you old fart!!!:haha::haha::haha::haha::PBJ Time::haha::haha::haha:
yeehooyeehooyeehooyeehooyeehoo

mjw22
11-14-2012, 08:01 PM
:D

:omG::D:D:D now back to hockey.

Scout
11-15-2012, 09:05 AM

I can't retire. Miss the W.H.L. Hard to get used to the QMJHL. The only good thing is The Halifax Mooseheads are #1 in the country, they get anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000 per game so the atmosphere is loud and the 50/50 is huge and i get to watch Nathan Mackinnon play. The kid is unreal to watch, has decent size and they are calling him the next Sidney Crosby and projecting him # 1 overall in the draft. He and Sid are also from the same town, Cole Harbour. Must be the water. :)