PDA

View Full Version : Nov 7 Seattle Thunderbirds vs Pats

dsquared
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Program without ads (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62809812/Nov%207%20Pats%20vs%20Thunderbirds%20Program.pdf)

patsdude114
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Abit of a mixed period for the Pats outplayed abit but there was some positives as well. The Rodewald/Rossingol/Christoffer line had a couple really good shifts with down low play. Rodewald has really been coming on the last 3 or so games which is great to see as he is a big body for us & hebeen using it to his advantage well.

Mayor had a great snipe off the bar & in to make it sound great.

The thing that worries me is Seattle has dictated the play besides for a couple shifts. Just happened that the Pats scored twice on a young netminder. Seattle has put a lot of pucks in the crease of Hewitt could easily be a 2-2 game.

I'm really starting to like Pilton upfront, he has some good hands for a big guy who is actually a Dman as well. His skating needs work which is why he is upfront instead of on defense (besides on the PP)

See what the 2nd period brings......

patsdude114
11-07-2012, 08:37 PM
We are very lucky to be up 4-2 after the 2nd period. Seattle put on a shot clinic with a lot of quality chances. The pats had 2 shots between there 2nd & 3rd goals & 1 of them went in.

We must love playing defense game in & game out. The only reason we are winning this game is cuz of the rookie netminder in goal for Seattle. If glover is in goal we would be lucky if it was 2-2

At 1point the shots on goal were 33-11

One thing I don't understand about our fans is how they can honestly think that the string of penalties against us were the refs fault the loud cheer when Seattle finally got a call against them was like its the refs fault he was forced to call 4 or 5 in a row against us. When ur playing in ur end & getting out worked to every puck ur bound to take penalties. Every penalty we took was deserved.

RWAH
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Agree all around, the t-Birds out played us, held a large territorial edge, puck possession edge and shot clock tally.
makes the decision to keep Hewit look like a genius, He has been the difference in a number of our wins.
we really need a better system to get the puck out of our end. chip up the boards, up the boards more than half the time ends with the other team getting possession in neutral ice and back in our end. How many times did we finally get it deep in the offensive end but had to change lines and they had the puck back in our end before we completed the line change. Spending way to much time chasing their cycle and when we get the puck to centre we dump and change lines.
A win is a win, but we were lucky or just the difference in the tenders

patsdude114
11-07-2012, 11:25 PM
I as well lost track of the number of times we finally got the puck out of our zone only to hit center & dump in in for a line change & then go back on the defend in our own end.

The difference in goaltenders was a huge reason why the pats won tonite, altho to be abit fair to the pats on the goals we did score they came off of bad defensive break downs by the T-birds which ended up in the back of the net. So in a way we finally made a team pay for there mistakes. I'm sure even some of those quality chances we even score on Glover as well but I don't think 5 times either.

Hewitt definately deserved 1st star in this game, he was the soul purpose of us winning tonite. On the 5on3 PK he made that 1 diving save on the back door which would of put the T-birds up 3-2 & most likely change the whole outcome of the game. We killed that 5on3 & then scored right after which was a timely goal, something we can say that hasn't happened very often this year yet.

Its very nice to see Sylvegard finally producing on a regular basis. That pass he made to Klimchuk was an unreal feed, the guy has great hands & doesnback down from physical play either. He is 1 of our more physical players upfront (errr prob on our whole team as well) he is finding his way in the WHL finally. I have a friend who watched him play quite abit in the qmjhl on the ps3 from the NHL game & he said he showed a lot of flash last season especially towards the end of the year & he was hoping to see him back this season. Which ultimately didn't happen as drummonville dropped him.

Want to put out a congrats to the girl tonite that won as the Regina Pats biggest fan & won herself a trip to Saskatoon for the Memorial Cup. She got the 1st 3 Pats trivia questions right to win. I think a lot of people forget that Eberle wore #27 during his 1st year as a Pat, I know the 3rd question I didn't get I was stumped "who was the last regina pats player to lead the team in scoring who's 1st name wasn't Jordan"

dsquared
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Its very nice to see Sylvegard finally producing on a regular basis. That pass he made to Klimchuk was an unreal feed, the guy has great hands & doesnback down from physical play either. He is 1 of our more physical players upfront (errr prob on our whole team as well) he is finding his way in the WHL finally. I have a friend who watched him play quite abit in the qmjhl on the ps3 from the NHL game & he said he showed a lot of flash last season especially towards the end of the year & he was hoping to see him back this season. Which ultimately didn't happen as drummonville dropped him.

Want to put out a congrats to the girl tonite that won as the Regina Pats biggest fan & won herself a trip to Saskatoon for the Memorial Cup. She got the 1st 3 Pats trivia questions right to win. I think a lot of people forget that Eberle wore #27 during his 1st year as a Pat, I know the 3rd question I didn't get I was stumped "who was the last regina pats player to lead the team in scoring who's 1st name wasn't Jordan"

I agree with you regarding Sylvegard - that was a beautiful goal he set up. My thoughts on the game:
were that once again we were the smaller team but we were able to get into position to take advantage of our chances and the fact that Hewitt was the better 'tender, I guess we might as well give Matt the Molson 3 star award for this season now - because game in and game out he is by far the best player in a Pats uniform this season.

I believe the answer to the 3rd question was Garrett Festerling in 06-07