PDA

View Full Version : Grebenyuk Gone

GL1040
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
From Steve Ewen's blog... http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/11/08/vancouver-giants-changing-up-road-play-by-play-bringing-back-morley-scott-and-adding-blake-price/

The Vancouver Giants are changing up their play-by-play situation again.

Word out of the Giants camp is that Morley Scott, who had the full-time gig in 2009-10, will be doing some road games during the second half of the WHL season. Scott left after that campaign to take on calling Edmonton Eskimos games. He won’t be available until the Eskimos’ season is over, of course.

As well, Blake Price, who has been at the helm for the majority of home broadcasts, will be doing some road games from now on, too.

Team officials confirmed Thursday that they had let go Alex Grebenyuk. He had been hired over the summer to handle road play-by-play and media relations both at home and on the road. Jeff Paterson is also calling some home games.

Grebenyuk replaced Dan Elliott, who was released after two years. Scott had replaced Dave Sheldon, who lasted one year on the mike.

Giantsfan
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
No surprise. I knew that was coming & heard several things a few weeks ago. Morley Scott is awful. I don't think it's possible to find anyone as dull & monotone as Morley.

Priceisright
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
What is with the giants and broadcasters? And radio stations etc etc. it is god awful. I have no idea whose doing what and when. No idea what radio station to turn to. This has been going on for a few years now.

Giants have done a terrible job in this market. Re: all this

dondo
11-10-2012, 03:34 AM
yeah as I sorta predicted. I knew the TEAM experiment would be a challenge to say the least. Grebenyuk was pretty amateur in my mind, so frankly I don't mind seeing him go. I actually didn't mind the way he called the game, but his side comments bordered on the assinine at times.

Morley is okay, but yes boring. Blake Price is not really very good at play by play either so anyone know if Joey is wanting to play with the G's again? ;)

Giantsfan
11-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Kenward wanted his job back when they hired Dan Elliot but I think he wanted too much money.

johnnyradiant
11-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't have a clue what this market demands but surely they coulda done a little better to get Joey back considering we were in the top tier of revenue earners in this league. I assume even with our tanking season we will be supporting the owners quite well. And if this is a true rebuild to get back to where we are used to this season is an investment season with the return on investment coming later.