PDA

View Full Version : Tvrdon done for the season

Giantsfan
11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
You heard it here first.

MeszarosFan
11-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Any details? When he was scratched at the last minute the other night I suspected a trade. This sounds more like an injury?

Giantsfan
11-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes it's an injury & a serious one. They were going to trade him but obviously that's not going to happen now. There were several teams interested in his services but according to the source, he'll be back next season as a 20yr old.

Knuckles Muldoon
11-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Blood clot in arm. That stuff can get real serious real fast. Can't take too many precautions with something like that.

Giantsfan
11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
It was a blood clot in the arm that moved into his chest. He's going to be gone for the season. He's been in the hospital for 4 days.

GL1040
11-15-2012, 02:01 PM
It was a blood clot in the arm that moved into his chest. He's going to be gone for the season. He's been in the hospital for 4 days.

He was in hospital for 3 days (he was at Subway game last night), the clot did not move at all, it was always in his chest and it resulted in circulation problems to the arm and thus swelled up. A further procedure is required down the road to prevent it from happening again.

N.W. Bruin
11-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Signed already with Detroit. That pretty well spells the end of his junior career. There is a small chance he might return as the Red Wings may just want him to spend another season in junior considering his first and third seasons all but wiped out but I have doubts about it with him having signed already. Normally that is it.

Lucic
11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
That's very unfortunate. For both Tvrdon and the Giants. I was expecting the Giants to receive a nice return for him closer to the deadline. Anyway the most important thing is Tvrdon and his health. Hopefully he'll be able to make a full recovery.

Marek did miss a lot of development time so as unusual as it is to have a two spotter, it would make sense for both parties if Tvrdon returned for his last year of junior hockey. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Detroit wants to do.

dondo
11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Yikes - that is serious stuff - any chance for them to clear the clot and get him the mend? It seems now that they identified the issue they might be able to repair it and get him back on the road to recovery and maybe even some games in the new year if there is no additional risk.

The poor guy has really had some bad luck. Here's to a complete recovery and being able to continue his career down the road. We'll see what Detroit does.

johnnyradiant
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Signed already with Detroit. That pretty well spells the end of his junior career.

One could only hope.

I really do hope he is ok and able to enjoy hockey or earn money of of hockey for years to come but as a player for the Giants I like him better as a piece of trade material. His one sided play this season was really grating.

dondo
11-20-2012, 11:45 PM
^ grating yes, but productive -- he was our only point a game plus guy this season and remains the only one even now. I will accept a bit of laziness and floating (not my ideal though) if we get the production and Tvrdon was putting up points.

Not every player is going to be a hard grinding type and different players respond to different coaching styles/methods. Hay is very good motivating in his comfort zone, but has a serious blind-spot when he encounters a player that doesn't respond to his his natural coaching style.

johnnyradiant
11-21-2012, 03:00 AM
I get a lot of that. I guess when there is not much skill in the way of defensive skill or when one of the best d was bored as Bonner tagged him there is less room for staring at a puck going by you when you're back on the point, or happy to be waiting at centre for the out let pass that comes in the form of the ref bringing it out and laying it at his feet. I guess for the floating to be acceptable I needed to see 2 or 3 pts a game or a better supporting cast.