PDA

View Full Version : Blades in danger of losing memorial cup

reims
11-16-2012, 08:50 PM
simple question....yes or no...I know it has been done before...why not now?...this would be a disgrace and an embarrasment for the blades organization and the city......thoughts?

lordstanley
11-16-2012, 08:57 PM
We will still be the host city that will not change it takes to long to set up for a tourney like this but there could be a different host team playing in the CUC i am sure they will wait untill at least the christmas break if we are 6 or 7 under 500 % they may look at this it is a ****ty feeling but hey i will still watch the Mem cup it is great Hockey even if we do tank it lol

lordstanley
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
There you have it Pufahl hurt really bad major leg injury he could be out for a long time and the defense is injured like last year again how awesome is that ?

lordstanley
11-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Looks like Walker has finally scored i think i saw right which blows my mind

reims
11-16-2012, 09:40 PM
There you have it Pufahl hurt really bad major leg injury he could be out for a long time and the defense is injured like last year again how awesome is that ?

I dont know about his leg....i would say concussed...and yes walker finally scored

lordstanley
11-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I dont know about his leg....i would say concussed...and yes walker finally scored

I am watching tonight maybe it it both but he was really lagging on his leg getting off to the bench

reims
11-23-2012, 10:31 AM
for anyone wondering when the memorial cup hosts were ever replaced heres a link with info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukes_of_Hamilton

it wass in the 89-90 season whem the dukes of hamilton were replaced as hosts becuase of being terrible....

SectionNDeserter
11-23-2012, 10:43 AM
There isn't really any 'good' scenario for Saskatoon in this. They don't have much left as far as tools to improve their roster significantly, as the WHL is not as free with their star players as the OHL, or even the QMJHL.

If they continue as they have been, they will surely be replaced in the Memorial cup, probably by the team that loses to the eventual champions. If they are not, they could go down in history as one of the worst teams to ever play in the Memorial cup. Which scenario is really worse?

lordstanley
11-23-2012, 11:18 AM
I think now and between Christmas will tell if they pull the plug on the Blades being the host team the city of Saskatoon will still host though

sbtatter
11-23-2012, 11:44 AM
The Blades are luck the Eastern Conference has a lot of bad teams this year. I think the Blades will end up 4th in the conference, behind Edm, Cgy and PA. That should set them up for a 2nd round loss to one of the Alberta teams. If the Blades continue to play around .500 hockey by Xmas you'd hope the organization would have the cajones to offer up their spot at the Mem Cup to the losers of the WHL finals.
To actually compete for the conference let alone the Mem Cup they still need an elite forward and d-man. And a good back up goalie might be needed in case Makarov goes down again.
What is up with Burns? 1 assist in 7 games and -2? And Lorne paid what for him?
Maybe you'd be better not trading anymore because if the Walker and Burns trades are any indication, Lorne is getting worse than fleeced.
The only reason this train wreck is remotely satisfying to me is because of Blades fans on the white board like pepper who have been outlandish in their overboard praise of the Blades and crowing inncessantly......
I think pepper or the Blades color guy renegade stylings called Walker as a potential dub leading scorer pre season, I challenged them on that and they were all over me.....

curwie
11-23-2012, 07:49 PM
The Blades are luck the Eastern Conference has a lot of bad teams this year. I think the Blades will end up 4th in the conference, behind Edm, Cgy and PA. That should set them up for a 2nd round loss to one of the Alberta teams. If the Blades continue to play around .500 hockey by Xmas you'd hope the organization would have the cajones to offer up their spot at the Mem Cup to the losers of the WHL finals.
To actually compete for the conference let alone the Mem Cup they still need an elite forward and d-man. And a good back up goalie might be needed in case Makarov goes down again.
What is up with Burns? 1 assist in 7 games and -2? And Lorne paid what for him?
Maybe you'd be better not trading anymore because if the Walker and Burns trades are any indication, Lorne is getting worse than fleeced.
The only reason this train wreck is remotely satisfying to me is because of Blades fans on the white board like pepper who have been outlandish in their overboard praise of the Blades and crowing inncessantly......
I think pepper or the Blades color guy renegade stylings called Walker as a potential dub leading scorer pre season, I challenged them on that and they were all over me.....

Hahaha I believe Walker was called a "stud", and Burns was "a 30 goal guy", atleast according to some on this site! :eek:

patsdude114
11-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Walker is terrible always has been, anyone could of put up the points he did last year playing with stone & ferland. Too bad Mollenken was too stupid to see that.

As for the topic at hand the Blades r in trouble they need to start winning asap & even that isnsoon enough