PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Recall Parenteau

Wildeyes
11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Prince Albert SK – Prince Albert Raiders have recalled goaltender Rylan Parenteau from the Saskatoon Contacts of the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League.

The 16-year-old from Saskatoon is off to a 6-2-0 start with the Contacts, recording a 2.86 goals against average and a .897 save percentage.

Parenteau saw 60 minutes of action in the 2012 pre-season with the Raiders, stopping 33 of 37 shots faced in a pair of appearances against the Saskatoon Blades.

The 6’, 180-pound net minder was drafted by the Raiders in the 3rd round, 53rd overall in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft.

Parenteau joins the team for tonight’s game in Edmonton against the Oil Kings and tomorrow’s game in Red Deer where they face the Rebels.

Wildeyes
11-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Any Body know the reason behind this is Luke Hurt or are they just trying to see some games for him or is he just going to be back up ?

puckdad
11-17-2012, 11:19 AM
I suspect an illness or injury to Desautels that keeps him from playing.

Dwight Schrute
11-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Will he get a start ? Perhaps against red deer ?

Wapitikev
11-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Will he get a start ? Perhaps against red deer ?Hope so.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev
11-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I suspect an illness or injury to Desautels that keeps him from playing.Based on rumours heard elsewhere, you are correct. I suspect Parenteau's stint is just a short term injury replacement.

Too bad, I was seriously considering going to the Contacts play the Mintos on Tuesday...maybe I'll go anyway.

-Wapitikev

puckdad
11-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Parenteau played last night against the Blazers and was the Contact's Player of the Game. Will likely join the Raiders today and possibly dress as back-up in Edmonton. May see him start in Red Deer. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't play Luke 3 days in a row, but he's been a real work-horse, so maybe.
Rylan would be back Monday and able to play Tuesday against the Mintos.