PDA

View Full Version : predictions for tonight

upper level fan
01-22-2005, 01:16 PM
So what does everyone think the outcome of tonights game will be. I think Spokane will win 5 to 3 and we will see Stoesz vs Hewitt round three. This should be a great game tonight hard hitting since both teams are comming off big wins last night.

90-91
01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
I think it will be a good game too. I think Stoesz/Hewitt is just about a given..........but I think after last night, we might see Jason Lynch go again tonight.........with many more takers on TCAs team than Everetts.

90-91
01-23-2005, 06:16 PM
So what does everyone think the outcome of tonights game will be. I think Spokane will win 5 to 3 and we will see Stoesz vs Hewitt round three. This should be a great game tonight hard hitting since both teams are comming off big wins last night.
It's interesting that Spoke fans on the white board are calling for Conroys head now that the Chiefs are fighting for 3rd. For the first time in a while I'm saying "cut the guy some slack" #1 The Chiefs finally figured out the Tips #2 They've played with more heart over the last month than they have all year. #3 The additions of Mercer and LaPointe are the best moves Speltz has made in some time. #4 Check out the +/- on the stats. page and tell me the future doesn't look bright.

Instead of looking at the negativity of blowing a 4-1 lead in the 3rd. last night, take a good close look at the positives of the last month and the year.

upper level fan
01-23-2005, 06:22 PM
I agree with you 100%. ANd the funny thing is and you can correct me if im wrong, but doesnt Grongberg change out the d and not conroy? ANd the real funny thing about that was the guys they were calling selfish werent even on th ice when the game tying goal went in. But I like how they played for the most part, but hearing the news about Watts mom makes since and Im sure that effected more than just Watt. These are kids and they probably wanted to win for him to and maybe just tried a little to hard at the end of regulation to get a goal and get Horwath the hat. And it also looked to me like there 3rd goal the puck came out and it should have been offsides. But they are definatly much improved from a mont ago and I believe they have a good chance at 3rd if not second.

Nodak
01-23-2005, 06:32 PM
I think people just want Conroy gone. I think that people have seen that the team has been playing better hockey lately. The fans that want Conroy gone don't want the Chiefs good play to allow him to be back.

I think deep down a lot of fans want the team to suck just so Conroy can be shown the door. It is hard to let a guy go when the team no longer sucks.

Does that make any sense? I think I confused myself.

upper level fan
01-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Undrstood competely. Thats exactly what it is because if the chiefs make the playoffs and can win a series it would be hard for them to let Conroy go. And if they end up successful and dont fire Conroy there is alot of people that are going to be stuck with their tales between there legs. I could care less who's behind the bench if they are improving and getting better. I think its funny how i see guys at the game that sit below me right on the glass oppisite of the bench and they are screaming at the top of there lungs stuff at Conroy. Like he can hear that guy, but it gives me a good laugh watching those idiots.

speedkills
01-23-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with you 100%. ANd the funny thing is and you can correct me if im wrong, but doesnt Grongberg change out the d and not conroy? ANd the real funny thing about that was the guys they were calling selfish werent even on th ice when the game tying goal went in. But I like how they played for the most part, but hearing the news about Watts mom makes since and Im sure that effected more than just Watt. These are kids and they probably wanted to win for him to and maybe just tried a little to hard at the end of regulation to get a goal and get Horwath the hat. And it also looked to me like there 3rd goal the puck came out and it should have been offsides. But they are definatly much improved from a mont ago and I believe they have a good chance at 3rd if not second.

that puck cleared the zone also. I DID notice that Watt was having a discussion with the linesman after the goal.

speedkills
01-23-2005, 07:23 PM
It's interesting that Spoke fans on the white board are calling for Conroys head now that the Chiefs are fighting for 3rd. For the first time in a while I'm saying "cut the guy some slack" #1 The Chiefs finally figured out the Tips #2 They've played with more heart over the last month than they have all year. #3 The additions of Mercer and LaPointe are the best moves Speltz has made in some time. #4 Check out the +/- on the stats. page and tell me the future doesn't look bright.

Instead of looking at the negativity of blowing a 4-1 lead in the 3rd. last night, take a good close look at the positives of the last month and the year.

The game against Everett shows just how this team can play. Tri-Cities played us differently last nite and the boys had the game in hand. The 2nd or 3rd Tri goal last nite looked soft to me though...did I not see something?

I'm VERY disappointed about last nite, the game was in hand and the boys let it get away from them. I agree about Mercer and LaPointe, Speltz definitely improved this team with those two trades WITHOUT giving too much up in the process.

Let's hope they'll play well against Seattle on tuesday

upper level fan
01-23-2005, 07:33 PM
The game against Everett shows just how this team can play. Tri-Cities played us differently last nite and the boys had the game in hand. The 2nd or 3rd Tri goal last nite looked soft to me though...did I not see something?

I'm VERY disappointed about last nite, the game was in hand and the boys let it get away from them. I agree about Mercer and LaPointe, Speltz definitely improved this team with those two trades WITHOUT giving too much up in the process.

Let's hope they'll play well against Seattle on tuesday
I dont know if you saw or heard. But on the white board they are posting that Watt's mom is in critical condition and he only flew back to be with the team on friday. That is why i would say the reason for the soft goals. If that is true about his mom he shouldnt even been here.

90-91
01-23-2005, 07:56 PM
I give the boys a 50/50 chance. Regardless of the T-Birds record, I really think the Chiefs have a good chance of picking up the win.
The Chiefs and T-Birds play the same up tempo, speed oriented game. The same game the Med. Hat Tigers play.
I actually like the Chiefs chances against the T-Birds more than against a team like Everett.

upper level fan
01-23-2005, 08:30 PM
It seems that they play better against the teams that actually play real hockey. Maybe the league should make up a illegal d call if they want the scoring in game to go up. Then maybe we could see the end of the trap. Or penalize a team that ices more than 20 times a game. I know they will never do that but you cant help but dream. But i think they will win 5-4 over seattle on tuesday.

speedkills
01-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I dont know if you saw or heard. But on the white board they are posting that Watt's mom is in critical condition and he only flew back to be with the team on friday. That is why i would say the reason for the soft goals. If that is true about his mom he shouldnt even been here.

and I can't blame the kid. I was sitting at the far end so I lost sight of the puck for a moment but it sure looked like a 'fluky' goal...

I was just curious...Hope Watt's mom will be ok

speedkills
01-24-2005, 04:48 PM
I give the boys a 50/50 chance. Regardless of the T-Birds record, I really think the Chiefs have a good chance of picking up the win.
The Chiefs and T-Birds play the same up tempo, speed oriented game. The same game the Med. Hat Tigers play.
I actually like the Chiefs chances against the T-Birds more than against a team like Everett.

The last few times Seattle has been here in our building I've been very happy with the way the boys have played.

Seattle doesn't tend to do as much 'obstruction hockey' as a team like Tri does...it was amazing some of the sh*& that went on saturday night. At least the ref was 'fair' about the no calls. Although I WILL assert that if the refs let a lot of that go, even if it's even both ways, this is a disadvantage for the Chiefs...they play their best game with speed and 'obstruction hockey' is intended to slow the game down.