PDA

View Full Version : Dec 1 Spokane Chiefs vs Pats

dsquared
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Program without ads (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62809812/Dec.1%20Pats%20vs.%20Spokane%20Program.pdf)

patsdude114
12-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Looking forward to this game for a couple reason's tonite...

1) Have been wanting to see Patrick D'Amico since training camp
2) curious to see how Connor Gay has improved, he shyed away from the physical play alot in training camp but last nite on the radio they mentioned how he was being physical....so lets see
3) lets see how many shots we give up tonite, we give up way to many shots on a nightly basis as our defense is very weak
4) only get to see Spokane once every 2yrs thats enough of a reason to buy a ticket

Bighat
12-01-2012, 05:46 PM
When you say our defence is weak what do you mean? The 6 guys that play that position or the whole team in our zone is weak because there is a lot more to giving up 54 shots then just the 6 d-men.

lordstanley
12-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Just a question why does your color guy tonight yell scores when your PBP guy does lol never heard that before

patsdude114
12-01-2012, 07:53 PM
When you say our defence is weak what do you mean? The 6 guys that play that position or the whole team in our zone is weak because there is a lot more to giving up 54 shots then just the 6 d-men.

We got 3 Dmen who can't handle the puck in Hak, Hand & Fenske they create more problems on break out passes then they are good for. At least Fenske & to some degree Hak are physical in our end.

Our D struggle to make a simple D to D pass behind the net which creates opens ice when/if they don't bobble every pass. Don't talk to me like I don't know hockey, if u watch our team in our own end over 70% of the time its cuz our D can make the correct break out pass which is due to inexperience with there age.

patsdude114
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Just a question why does your color guy tonight yell scores when your PBP guy does lol never heard that before

I'm thinking our color guy tonite isn't our regular guy due to access 7 having the game on tv as Daniel Fink does the PBP for Access 7 (or does normally, I'm at the game so not listening to radio)

Bighat
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM
So those 3 guys cost us 60 shots tonite hmmm. To me I saw weak coverage by young wingers and fenske plays well on our backend.

patsdude114
12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
So those 3 guys cost us 60 shots tonite hmmm. To me I saw weak coverage by young wingers and fenske plays well on our backend.

I think u need to learn how to read as well i never said Fenske doesnt play well on our backend cuz he is by far our most physical Dman, Hand was the cost of 2 goals & Hak was the cost of 1.....these 2 make big mistakes on a nightly basis.

Watch other teams who make simple plays with there Dmen to create time & space our D rarely do this they rush plays up the wall & put the wingers in bad position to win a battle. Just like coach cameron said on the radio after the game that our D dont make the pin to stop a cycle & r soft infront of our net....these problems have been since day 1 this year which is a normal problem when dealing with such a young defensive core....when these simple ruin plays are not made it keeps everyone out on the ice that much longer which leads to break downs & lossing battles along the boards.

So tomorrow nite do we go 3 for 3 in 3games in 3 nites giving up 50+ shots??? i sure hope not as it will result in another loss & yet another game thats tough to watch, thankfully tonites game had some lead changes & high scoring.

Bighat
12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
We'll give up 50+ shots again tonite but some how will be in the game in the 3rd.

patsdude114
12-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately ur prob right that we will be in the game souly due to our goaltending. We can score when we get chances, scoring hasn't been a problem for us all season long, altho with that said would be nice to get alittle secondary scoring coming off another guys stick instead of Klimchuk, Scheidl, Mayor, or Stevenson (who is sick atm) it was nice to hear on friday that Therieu & Brooks scored tho, would be nice if Rossingol could score just abit.

A comment towards our defensive game tho is that we have nobody who can win a defensive zone faceoff due to all the injuries at center. It does put us on the defend 80% of the time from a defensive zone faceoff & did lead to 2 goals for spokane off faceoff wins where 1 only took a split second to find the back of the net after a faceoff win with fiddlers goal.

Talking about Fiddler wow is that kid a talent kid, I'm sure the Raiders would rather have him instead of Bardaro. I know Fiddler had a tough time in PA last season before being dealt for change of scenary.

RWAH
12-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I think you are both right. We have some young forwards that have soft D zone coverage. Our d is struggling to make clearing passes that the forwards can receive and not be turned over and back in our end. Our D seams to panic when pressured and can not stop a fast cycle. IMO some of this is age and experience and some is a size issue we are small on the back end and there are times we are just out muscled. We will get bigger and stronger as the 17 and 16 age play in the league.

patsdude114
12-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I think you are both right. We have some young forwards that have soft D zone coverage. Our d is struggling to make clearing passes that the forwards can receive and not be turned over and back in our end. Our D seams to panic when pressured and can not stop a fast cycle. IMO some of this is age and experience and some is a size issue we are small on the back end and there are times we are just out muscled. We will get bigger and stronger as the 17 and 16 age play in the league.

yep i fully agree with u on that, i have always said our D has alot of potential but unfortunately this season becomes a big learning curve for our back end. Part of getting better is learning, i do believe tho that once we get Stephenson & Ouellette back it gives us our 1-2 punch at center & guys who can lead the rush with speed (stephenson wit speed & skill) plus vetern guys who know how to slow the game down.

I know i would hate to be in Lang's shoes as it approaches trade deadline, just like he stated in the LP the other day that he doesnt know if he should add a guy or 2 or move guys out cuz he is not aware of what this team we have now is capable of since we havent played with our full roster once this year. IMO even if he does add a guy i dont think it would be a top player like last season, it will be a guy who fits in this year & who will be around next season.

Bighat
12-02-2012, 12:28 PM
If Lang can get a d-men for Hewitt and a young forward for jobke I would be happy. This team once healthy should be able to make the playoffs and I wouldn't trade any future away because the next two years look bright. I could also see scheidl being a last minute deal to toon town just a feeling. We still have room for a euro as well. Should be interesting trade deadline around the league this year.

RWAH
12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I agree we shoulb be sellers this season With a healthy rooster we should be in the top 8 but I think it will only be a first round appearance again this year.
Chad L has a complication in trading 20 year olds as we now have 4 on the rooster. The norm is to take one from the other team (in addition to the prospects and picks) when you trade a 20. That will still leave us with 4 on the rooster. Naturally we could trade with a tweam that has space for a 20 but that limits the trading partners that could result in a deal, or you could take a 20 and then release one 20 from your rooster.
thinking pout loud IMO both Edmonton and S'toon should look at Hewitt as both need a quality back up as Macarov need the extra pressure behind him and Brossiot needs a rest, he ran into a wall at the M Cup last year. Neither Macarov or Brossoit stats are not as good as they were last year so b oth teams need a backup that can win games for them. I also think S'toon will sell the farm to have a chance to play in the M Cup final I think Calgary is set as 20,s goes and they won't be trading for a 20
Schiedl would be a great fit for Stoon and Kambriets is the odd man out. Walker has had a slow start so far but seams to have turned it up lately
Enough rambling. As always other opinions appreciated.