PDA

View Full Version : Eberle Jersey retirement vs RD

patsdude114
12-05-2012, 11:13 AM
1st off I'll ask this.....

Can the Pats put in a request from the league to let Eberle play tonite due to all our injuries? He should be good for at least 3 it may give us a chance if we don't get a few of our injuries back who r listed as daay to day

Tonite should be a very special nite at the brandt center with the retirement of #7 into the rafters. He becomes the 3rd guy (that I know of) who has had his jersey retired in the CHL before the age of 25 after playing our his juniour career & gone on to the NHL. The others Rick Nash & Coery Perry, if u know of others please add to the list.

It would be nice for the pats to get back our injuried players who r listed as day to day they are stevenson, sylvegard, ouellette, pilton. Would give us a lineup more able to compete & maybe just maybe put a stop to the current streak of 3 games in a row of giving up 50+ shots

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Frankly, its hard not to notice the difference between the blazers just now retiring the number for Scott Niedermayer, a player who is a champion in every sense of the word and a player who has been retired from the NHL, nevermind the dub for sometime now...

...and then our mickey mouse organization making a mockery of the entire idea and retiring the jersey for a player not too far removed from his rookie season in the NHL.

The only guys who should be happy are the Parkers, because they get to squeeze the last drops of cash from the Eberle meal ticket before they sell the team. We all know how important that is to them. Even Jordan must see how strange it is for him to have his number retired before a guy like Mike Sillinger.

dsquared
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
program without ads (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62809812/Dec%205%20Pats%20vs%20Rebels%20Program.pdf)

patsdude114
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Rick Nash & Coreyy Perry had there's retired only a couple yrs after as well its not like we are the 1sts to do it. In a sense I fully understand why the teams are doing it earlier. Look just last season when we retired Sillinger's number over 1/2 the people in attendance never saw him play for the pats & he was an avg NHLer at best who was a 3rd line shutdown center who the young fans could of cared less about.

It is a money grab forsure but he does deserve it be it tonite or 20yrs down the road when 1/2 the crowd could careless anymore.

patsdude114
12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow am I ever sick & tired of watching a basketball defense in man to man, maybe Conacher should ask Curtis Hunt how well that worked out for his team his last year in regina as head coach. It puts u chasing all game in the defensive zone instead of just covering ur zone in the D zone.

Its sure nice to see Ouellette back in the lineup. We definately have missed his speed & skill set at center ice. The same can be said to have Sylvegard as well just not so much with the speed.

RWAH
12-05-2012, 10:52 PM
That game looked to me that the players have given up. That was sad but we got beat in every aspect. Red Deer won all the races to the puck, all the battles on the boards, all the one on one pushing We looked like deer in the head lights.
How many times did their wingers go wide on the D and still cut in front of the net. How many times did our up the wall break out get intersepted and fired back in our end. How many times could we not stop the cycle, pin a player, take the puck
How can we play for 4 or 5 minuetes like the start of the second period, then SH** the bed.
I for one know we are not the most skilled team in the league, but we need to compete for 60 minuetes every game. Not what we saw tonight

patsdude114
12-06-2012, 10:28 AM
This season is starting to remind me of our 10 or 12 win season a few yrs back no compete, no experience, no heart.

Scheidl & possibly Hewitt can't wait for there ticket out of here. I'm really starting to see why RD only wanted a pick in 2016 for Hak, the kid is god awful, each time I watch him I see how bad he truely is. Williams I like a lot but can't the kid use his body alittle more, actually that can be said for the entire team, just keep backing off & fish around with ur stick til ur right ontop of ur own goalie.

Sunday afternoon game against Stoon, I think NFL football sounds much more interesting to watch. The Pats get 5800 people at the game & put up a stinker like that, the family sitting below me said & quote "won't be coming back for the rest of the year, let's go" I had a chuckle with that arrrgh cuz I know ill be back come sunday afternoon even tho I know I should stay home & watch football.

mjw22
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
This season is starting to remind me of our 10 or 12 win season a few yrs back no compete, no experience, no heart.

Scheidl & possibly Hewitt can't wait for there ticket out of here. I'm really starting to see why RD only wanted a pick in 2016 for Hak, the kid is god awful, each time I watch him I see how bad he truely is. Williams I like a lot but can't the kid use his body alittle more, actually that can be said for the entire team, just keep backing off & fish around with ur stick til ur right ontop of ur own goalie.

Sunday afternoon game against Stoon, I think NFL football sounds much more interesting to watch. The Pats get 5800 people at the game & put up a stinker like that, the family sitting below me said & quote "won't be coming back for the rest of the year, let's go" I had a chuckle with that arrrgh cuz I know ill be back come sunday afternoon even tho I know I should stay home & watch football.

Regina's problems are a direct result of Parkers EGO not allowing him to move Eberle and Tuebert. The return would have helped .

TheMysteryMan
12-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Your organization just doesn't have a winning culture. Everyone can say the return for eberle and teubert would have helped and yes it would have but you guys couldnt even win with them. It's not like you guys havent had great players come through Regina on losing teams. It seems there is a couple teams that have that winning culture and they will have a couple good seasons then have a down year (rebuilding) then they are competetive for the next couple of years. Those organizations just know how to win and have instilled a winning culture within the team.

RWAH
12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
After last night a "lets try" culture would be an improvement. MJ22 no doubt the no trade of Eberly and Tuebert was a large mistake as a result of Parkers ego but that was a long time ago and you know about spilt milk. Our talent in the 19 and 20 is thin so even trading this year will not return a lot but we should get what we can and build for 2 and 3 seasons from know

On a side note by my calculation and they may be off a little but not much Vancouver has 8 picks in the first 4 rounds in 2013 and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds in 2014. They should be stocked and a power house in 3 or 4 years.