PDA

View Full Version : Dec 9 Saskatonn Blades vs Pats

dsquared
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Program without ads. (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62809812/Dec%209%20%20Pats%20vs%20Blades%20Program.PDF)

Have the Pats got anything left i the tank after last night's 9-0 thumping?

Also note error on front page stems from Pats office re date of teddy bear toss it should be December 9th not December 11th

JMoney1988
12-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Heard Pilton got a "team" suspension today, is that true????

lordstanley
12-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Yep Les Lazaruk said so on the pre-game

west coast
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
the whole team should have been suspended after coming up with a pop gun offense of 15 shots yesterday in a 9-0 drubbing and getting thumped 7-0 today - they should be able to get some help by trading therieu

lordstanley
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
the whole team should have been suspended after coming up with a pop gun offense of 15 shots yesterday in a 9-0 drubbing and getting thumped 7-0 today - they should be able to get some help by trading therieu

What is worse is for the fans having to wait till the end to throw there teddy bears on the ice i would have tossed mine well before that in discust

west coast
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM
it is too bad that Pilton is being reprimanded for something he did in game one - win as a team and lose as a team is a good motto instead of pointing fingers to young players - dismal weekend for the team

mjw22
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I know the Pats are young but 16-0 to that powerhouse Memorial Cup team from Toon town :o Is it talent or a lack of compete ? You have some injuries but you'd think some guys would step up.It will be interesting to see what if anything Lang can do now.

RWAH
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
mjw22 - its both lack of talent and lack of compete but mostly its lack of compete. If it was just talent level, you loose, but not 16 to 0 in two games. Today Mayor ran Macarof and then would not defend himself and had 3 or 4 opportunities during the game (Thrower wanted to go very badly) , but Mayor sucked out. It would not surprise me to see him as a healthy scratch in a lot of the games to come,
The sad part is we don't have the talent to trade at the deadline, to get good prospects or early draft picks for the coming years. We could be 5 or 6 or 7 years away from being competitive and i doubt the fans, the coach or GM will be here that long.

dsquared
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
The last 4 games the Pats have been outshot 192 - 81 and outscored 29 - 3 How much worse will it get? The Raiders again and an Alberta Road Trip - it could get real ugly. These guys couldn't even get a goal for the teddy bear toss..........

It is pretty bad when you watch the shot clock and wonder why they miss some opponents' shots. The day they show the true opponent's shots on goal is the day they give the actual bums in chairs attendance.....

mjw22
12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I cant imagine him sitting still for this if he's calling the shots. He's gone to the AJHL to get players before when he had limited assets in MJ. Wonder how Parker's ego is today. Well he can always retire Tueberts number :D

patsdude114
12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
To be honest I don't blame Mayor at all for not fighting unless he put himself in a position to get the famous 17min special just so he wouldn't have to be on the ice anymore.

As for Pilton I could careless what they do with him, cut him, release him, suspend him, make him walk home I don't care. He has no talent anyways.

As for the reasons why we were out scored 16-0 in a home & home it simply comes down to lack of compete. When we only have 4 to 6 guys all game who are actually trying & giving there all it doesn't equal enough to stay in a hockey game. Watching these paast few games the only guys who are competing besides Hewitt & Sacher are Scheidl, klimchuk, therieu, burroughs, Ouellette & Hak, yes I put Hak's name in there he is not a guy with any kind of skill but he busts his arse every shift & 1 of a few guys who actually tries to hit anyone. Yes he turns the puck over more then anyone else I find but he goes right back at the puck carrier to attempt to get it back.

I'm surprised Therieu is even still with the team, he has no ties to this team at all & he knows he is only here til Jobke comes back then it is either released or he sticks with the team cuz they trade Jobke. He could only be so lucky to get a ticket out of here. I'm just surprised he hasn't walked out on the team.

The way the team is right now I don't even think Stevenson & Stephenson can help fix things. They are really the only 2 regulars we are missing as Therieu makes up for Jobke. Are 2 players really going to make that much of a difference????? Yes they are both talented in different ways, yes they provide leadership but really are they going to make that much of a difference with the state this team is in?

blueline
12-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Why blame the players? The Pats are badly managed and coaching is as bad as ever! Its a shame ....

To be honest I don't blame Mayor at all for not fighting unless he put himself in a position to get the famous 17min special just so he wouldn't have to be on the ice anymore.

As for Pilton I could careless what they do with him, cut him, release him, suspend him, make him walk home I don't care. He has no talent anyways.

As for the reasons why we were out scored 16-0 in a home & home it simply comes down to lack of compete. When we only have 4 to 6 guys all game who are actually trying & giving there all it doesn't equal enough to stay in a hockey game. Watching these paast few games the only guys who are competing besides Hewitt & Sacher are Scheidl, klimchuk, therieu, burroughs, Ouellette & Hak, yes I put Hak's name in there he is not a guy with any kind of skill but he busts his arse every shift & 1 of a few guys who actually tries to hit anyone. Yes he turns the puck over more then anyone else I find but he goes right back at the puck carrier to attempt to get it back.

I'm surprised Therieu is even still with the team, he has no ties to this team at all & he knows he is only here til Jobke comes back then it is either released or he sticks with the team cuz they trade Jobke. He could only be so lucky to get a ticket out of here. I'm just surprised he hasn't walked out on the team.

The way the team is right now I don't even think Stevenson & Stephenson can help fix things. They are really the only 2 regulars we are missing as Therieu makes up for Jobke. Are 2 players really going to make that much of a difference????? Yes they are both talented in different ways, yes they provide leadership but really are they going to make that much of a difference with the state this team is in?

patsdude114
12-10-2012, 11:51 AM
There's a few things coaching style that I don't agree with, but theyhave what they have to work with & unless Lang makes some changes in player personall it won't change.

When it comes to effort & compete u can't blame anyonme else but the players themselves. No matter how u spin it in ur own little head that its still the coaches.

Western Elite
12-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Can you imagine if the Pats had to play Portland in a home and home over the weekend?

lordstanley
12-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Just read that Kade Pylon has just left the team due to personal matters and the Pats will work with him on this problem lol

mjw22
12-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Just read that Kade Pylon has just left the team due to personal matters and the Pats will work with him on this problem lol

It'll be awhile spine implants aren't being performed right now. :D

Bighat
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Hey guys its a rebuild you just can't go out and get players jr hockey doesn't work that way. This team hasn't done a proper rebuild since the mem cup. And that's a fault of the owner-gm because he didn't want to loose fans. I don't want to get into it in depth but if we traded ebbs tuebeurt weal etc over the last few years we would be fine. U say we're too small, well our new scout just had his 1st draft, I now that's 2yrs from now this guys will show promise but what do u do in the mean time plug holes trade for older guys just to please the fans that don't understand or are too stupid to realize jr hockey goes in cycles if you do it properly. Which we have not done over the years. Fans Saskatoon is going to feel this rebuilding for along time to come starting next year as well. Remember we were only 11 seconds away from the mem cup final, now was it all worth it.

mjw22
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
When you are being intimidated by the Blades who arent excactly the toughest team in the league .You may want to go find some toughness where you can.

west coast
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
the Pats are short on talent and the scouts and GM are to blame for the mess that the team is in now ...if you want to rebuild then start at the drafting table - the pats need size skill and toughness actually they need to develop their picks better ...Tyler Borstmayer is a fine example- where is he playing anyways

Bighat
12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Parker and ripper, this was Langs first draft with his people. Hunt ruined Tyler's whl career last I heard he was in weyburn. We draft 2 good euro's and make a trade or 2 we'll be fine next year.

sbtatter
12-10-2012, 10:25 PM
When can my Wheaties play you and have a "battle for the basement"?!

patsdude114
12-11-2012, 05:47 AM
When can my Wheaties play you and have a "battle for the basement"?!

Jan 6th the battle of the basement will take place ;) taking all bets & only serious bets will take place none of these prairie farmer bets are alllowed.

RWAH
12-11-2012, 03:01 PM
A slow day at the office so here is the top six teams and the break down of their rooster that they drafted

Calgary (1 - 20)(3 - 19)(3 - 18)(3 - 17)(3-16) total 13 player they drafted
Edm (1 -20)(5 - 19)(3 - 18)(4 - 17)(2 - 16) total 15 players
Spokane (2 - 20)(3 - 19)(3 - 18)(5 - 17)total 13 with 0 16's on rooster
Portland (1 - 29)(2 - 19)(5 - 18)(4 - 17)(1 - 16) total 13 players
Raiders (0 - 20)(2 - 19)(3 - 18)(1 - 17)(2 - 16) total 8 players
Kamloops (0 - 20)(2 - 19)(1 - 18)(4 - 17)(2 - 16) total 9
Pats 0-20)(1 - 19)(2 - 18)(3-17)(3 - 16) total 9

All of those teams were at the bottom of the league a few years ago and now are at the top. 4 of the 6 teams built their team via the draft and to do that you need the scouts to find the talent to draft. PA and Kamloops were more active in the trade market but again you need talent to trade.

The pats have 2/3 of their draft picks in the 17 and 16 so we may be starting up the hill.

last year was the first draft of the new management/scouting so time will tell!

puckdad
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
what about euro draft picks?

RWAH
12-11-2012, 06:43 PM
euro's play only 1 or 2 seasons in this league and are so seldom traded most all of them were drafted by the team they are with, but I did not check that at all

west coast
12-12-2012, 08:03 PM
A slow day at the office so here is the top six teams and the break down of their rooster that they drafted

Calgary (1 - 20)(3 - 19)(3 - 18)(3 - 17)(3-16) total 13 player they drafted
Edm (1 -20)(5 - 19)(3 - 18)(4 - 17)(2 - 16) total 15 players
Spokane (2 - 20)(3 - 19)(3 - 18)(5 - 17)total 13 with 0 16's on rooster
Portland (1 - 29)(2 - 19)(5 - 18)(4 - 17)(1 - 16) total 13 players
Raiders (0 - 20)(2 - 19)(3 - 18)(1 - 17)(2 - 16) total 8 players
Kamloops (0 - 20)(2 - 19)(1 - 18)(4 - 17)(2 - 16) total 9
Pats 0-20)(1 - 19)(2 - 18)(3-17)(3 - 16) total 9

All of those teams were at the bottom of the league a few years ago and now are at the top. 4 of the 6 teams built their team via the draft and to do that you need the scouts to find the talent to draft. PA and Kamloops were more active in the trade market but again you need talent to trade.

The pats have 2/3 of their draft picks in the 17 and 16 so we may be starting up the hill.

last year was the first draft of the new management/scouting so time will tell! i know the Pats just hired a new diector of scouting to replace Ripplinger who got fired but it seems to me that alot of scouts remain from Ripplingers regime so the fact of the matter is that Lang has been through two drafts with the Pats - no need to church things up - drafts take time to develop and see exactly what kind of players were selected and how well of a fit that they are to a team

witness
12-13-2012, 09:24 AM
There is no doubt that poor drafting has killed the Pats. They had 4 years (2006 - 2009) subpar drafts and are paying for it. In the 19 year old age group the only player that is still on the team is D. Stevenson (a 5th rounder). But let's be fair, Myles Bell is an elite player in this league, just not with the Pats. That trade brought back Jobke and the kid Austin Wagner. Which has been good for the organization

Follow that up with the 2009 draft. Only C Stephenson and Rodenwald (8th round) have made the team. That will kill you.

The good news is that the 2010 year has at least 6 guys that are (or soon to be) in the WHL. The 2011 class has the potential of 6 guys that can be in play for the future. Jury is still out on the 2012 class, but there are a couple of fine looking young players there (Reagan, Cole, Wagner, Zimmer and Litwin)

It does take a while to restock the cupboard. Rebuilding a team after getting next to nothing in 4 years of draft does not happen in 1 year. The good news is that there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel. I think that the Pats will be a better team next year and a top contender that year after.

dsquared
12-13-2012, 09:42 AM

last year was the first draft of the new management/scouting so time will tell!

I dunno I think we are down in the valley and maybe there to stay for a while. Lang's contract expires in 2014 and he has unloaded a boatload of 2015 bantam picks already in trades. You figure it is a year before a draft pick can have a shot at making a team and roughly a roughly a 1 in 4 chance of making it as a a 16 year old. I see the future as follows:

2012-2013 - we see 3 picks come up from the Lang/McMullin era make the team as 16 year olds these were picked in 2011.
2013-2014 - we traded away our first 2 picks in the 2012 draft to PG - don't expect a bumper crop of 16 year olds next season
2014-2015 - we may get the potential to benefit from what should be high draft picks in 2013 and some "superior" 16 year olds

While there may be general agreement on the top prospects in the first 2-3 rounds - the true value of a Bantam Scout is based on their ability to pick the players that they see as having a chance to make the Dub. The more players that make a team from all draft picks - history has shown the better that team will be and the better the better the scouting system. I think bantam scouting is one though job - you got to assess the potential for growth mentally, physically and a players skill set of 14 year old boys who will play as young men. To compound this you have the competition of Junior A and the NCAA route.

Based on the Pats propensity to trade future draft picks to make up for current player problems and our inability to be among the teams with a scouting system that consistently produces a higher percentage of Dub Players - we seem to be caught in a Groundhog Day Scenario of never drafting enough players so that we can improve our competitive levels- so we keep trading away future draft picks.

Further we seem to have a reputation now with the Euro's who do not want to play for us after Martin Hanzal and now Dominik Volek pulling an Eric Lindros. The limited improvement offered through the import draft seems harder as we have to see if a player will actually commit to the Pats.