PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs PA

patsdude114
12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Well that was the best 1st period I've seen us play in over a month or so. Looks like a few new faces has put some life back into the others & actually wanna play hockey now.

1st impressions after 1 period on Henry & McCoy are.....

Henry- can tell he came from a winning team, shows lots of patience with puck & hits the right man on the breakout. Even hit the post about 8mins into game.

McCoy- showed really good speed on the breakout play from behind net & has some playmaking abilites as well. Big body down low in both zones can actually knock people off the puck haven't seen that for awhile with this team.

Nice to see Conacher putting an actual center on the #1 line in Ouellette, the line sustained a lot of pressure, every shift was played in the offensive zone more then in our own end. PA is definately a different team without McNeil

Sttop
12-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I think they may miss Draisaitl more then Mcneill. I do as a fan forsure.

witness
12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Now there's a team I can enjoy watching!

patsdude114
12-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Its only 1 game after a dismall 7 game losing streak but tonites game was 1 of the most enjoyable games I've watched in the last 2 years. Just the way we played, we were physical, we cycled the puck down low effectively, we actually supported the puck in all 3 zones, & we didn't give up on any plays.

dsquared
12-14-2012, 08:44 AM
missed the game but listened to it on radio. It sounded like Marc McCoy was winning faceoffs which wasn't happening with any regularity during the 7 game skid amirite?

patsdude114
12-14-2012, 09:17 AM
missed the game but listened to it on radio. It sounded like Marc McCoy was winning faceoffs which wasn't happening with any regularity during the 7 game skid amirite?

It wasn't just McCoy can put in there Ouellette as well, even Rossingol seemed to actually care in the dot last nite as well. With that said was prob Rossingol's best game as a Regina Pat as well, whenever I talked with my dad before the games I always mentioned how much I hate him & how lazy of a player he is but last nite he was among 1 of the better pats out there.

Let's just hope that this is a change of events for this team with things looking up after xmas with Stevenson, Stephenson, Fenske all coming back, plus possibly Jobke unless he is moved.