PDA

View Full Version : Blades 2012/2013 second half

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

franchise
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
lol. Nichols benched. Mcolgan benched. Nice veteran leadership right there.

It was only a matter of time for those two I think. I doubt it was the first time the thought has occurred to Lorne. Many think that the move of Stransky off that line originally was a Coach having an idea to spread out some scoring and get Walker going. Walker Kambeitz and Burns were actually very effective as a trio. However it is my guess that the move was initiated at Stransky's request/urging. He too found himself as the third tit playing with McC and Nicholls. Strange how his game took off once he got away from those two.
I don't know how many times I have seen McColgan, a right handed shot, make a weak backhanded pass to Nicholls rather than a strong forehanded one to the left side. If you have a center who doesn't trust/like his left winger you might as well have a pylon over there. How many times in the last three games have you seen Nicholls streaking up the ice with Burns on a two on one and make a pass? None. Take the shot? Always. And its 5 times in the past three games that I counted. Just no concept of teamwork.

sbtatter
12-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Also not sure how Makarov would be so tuckered out he may get 1 or 2 more starts and that would make 4 starts from dec 12th to jan 11th his next start with us yeah he will be just gassed lol

He would be playing way more here and travel will not play a huge factor seeing the tourney ends on jan 5th and the next Blades game after that is jan 11th so he will have a full week to recoup

Well, he got gassed last year after the WJC were on NA soil, so stands to reason he'll be gassed again this year.
What's Boes worth to you as a back up?

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Well, he got gassed last year after the WJC were on NA soil, so stands to reason he'll be gassed again this year.
What's Boes worth to you as a back up?

Yeah he wont be gasses right after the world juniors is what i am saying more like when the playoffs start is when he will be gassed if no trades for a backup happen

For Boes maybe Moodie and a 5th round pick

Sttop
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I would think that there will be more teams interested in Boes then the Blades. The Raiders would have to be interested. As they have at least 2 spots open for a 20 year old next year and also have starting goalie right now that needs to play much less in the 2nd half of the season.

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 02:59 PM
I would think that there will be more teams interested in Boes then the Blades. The Raiders would have to be interested. As they have at least 2 spots open for a 20 year old next year and also have starting goalie right now that needs to play much less in the 2nd half of the season.

Not to sure but Lorne would be crazy if he did not address the backup situation all we need is Makarov to go down in the playoffs out for the year the Moodie starting in the Mem Cup yeah that would be nice and embarasing

SectionNDeserter
12-31-2012, 03:02 PM
But i stand corrected you are right lolThank you. It takes a big man to admit when they are wrong. :D

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you. It takes a big man to admit when they are wrong. :D

Thank You and i will speak on behalf of the other season ticket holders radio announcers and heck even Andrey himself who is wrong :p

Bighat
12-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Ls was that you that tweeted tsn to tell them they were saying macoroni's name wrong. Gord and ray both said he likes it pronounced the way they say it not the way the blades do. You should replay the game and listen, or he could be another Russian that was misinterupted. The blades will give him a week to ten days off after the tourney as well if their smart, with the travel and time change all the players will be bagged for a week at least.

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Ls was that you that tweeted tsn to tell them they were saying macoroni's name wrong. Gord and ray both said he likes it pronounced the way they say it not the way the blades do. You should replay the game and listen, or he could be another Russian that was misinterupted. The blades will give him a week to ten days off after the tourney as well if their smart, with the travel and time change all the players will be bagged for a week at least.

I never tweeted TSN but Les Lazaruk our radio announcer did to tell them they were wrong ray and gord have to much pride to admit they are wrong and are bassicly lieing and the only 1 who is a maccaroni is you pal :o

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 03:55 PM

And also Makarovs last game at the latest would be jan 5th and the Blades dont play till ajn 11th so he has a full week off 7 days to get rid of jet lag should be good if not then he has problems

patsdude114
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm sure he will get some time off as will the canadians its very different from playing the tournament in north america comepared to being over seas with the extreme time change.

As for me being wrong? I don't see how I can be wrong when no 1 really cares how his name is pronounced, LS ur the only 1 making a fuss about it ha & the rest of them above r just rattling u up cuz its easy to do especially on this topic lol

Bighat
12-31-2012, 04:02 PM
First off I'm not your pal and you have to learn to relax I think the stress of a sub par blades team is getting to you ls.

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 04:09 PM
First off I'm not your pal and you have to learn to relax I think the stress of a sub par blades team is getting to you ls.

Stress of us being a sub par team is not getting to me at all we have had 3 40 win seasons in a row and this would make 4 and since the 04-05 season they have only been under 500% twice that is pretty good probably the most regular season wins in the league since 04-05 or close to at least

Now playoffs is another story but we have won a couple rounds since then too hopefully that changes this season pal

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Happy New Years Blades fans as we end the year of 2012 the Blades over this calender year going back to last jan 1st went 40-34-2

Lets hope 2013 is where history is made and the Blades name is on the Memorial Cup trophy :clap:

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 06:25 PM
1 more stat here the Blades have played 24 road games and only 14 home games so far this year i hope this bodes well for us we have by far have the biggest seperation home and away now we only play 2 road games from now till feb 5th

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 12:08 AM
1 more stat here the Blades have played 24 road games and only 14 home games so far this year i hope this bodes well for us we have by far have the biggest seperation home and away now we only play 2 road games from now till feb 5th

I will respond to myself cause no one else will all i ask for this year is a Memorial Cup competative team NEW YEARS RESLOLUTUON :clap:

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 01:09 AM
1 last thing swich Thrower to a forward like Myles Bell from Kelowna you never know what could happen lol Thrower seems more suited that way i would like to see what would happen

patsdude114
01-01-2013, 04:15 PM
The difference between Myles Bell & Thrower is Thrower is drafted & the team who drafted him wants him as a Dman not a forward there is development money to conisder too which is a big factor. Thrower could temporary plaay forward for a game or 2 but it wouldn't be a move for any length in time.

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 04:42 PM
The difference between Myles Bell & Thrower is Thrower is drafted & the team who drafted him wants him as a Dman not a forward there is development money to conisder too which is a big factor. Thrower could temporary plaay forward for a game or 2 but it wouldn't be a move for any length in time.

Oh i know that and i will never happen but the more and more i watch Thrower he is more suited as a dman the way he plays

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I hink Nicholls may have just scored the highlite real goal of the year breakaway and pulls out the MAREK MALIK MOVE

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Blades win 7-2 today good effort Nicholls goal of the year and Patrick Johnson may just take over Moodies back up job if he keeps it up stopped over 40 shots

Good to see Kambeitz get a couple and Sutter finaly score

Still can not figure out this team at all

Bighat
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Look out LS is on the wagon again.

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Look out LS is on the wagon again.

I never left the wagon you fricken moron in fact i am 1 of the few who will say when this team is crap but i will also applaud them when they play good so deal with it pal

It also looks like Burns could be out for a long time could be his shoulder after getting hit by Stanton

Bighat
01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
No name calling I've never called you any names. Your being rude again.

qrdsk
01-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Good for the blades to get back to winning but that was a weird win we did a good job taking advantage of mistakes and some sloppy play and luck offensively but I think Johnson had a lot of luck tonight (I will give him credit for being there and making saves) but mh had a lot of bad luck tonight (along with some really bad breakdowns). It's a win so that is good we gotta keep winning these games and play good and win against pa, rd, cal, edm.

lordstanley
01-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Good for the blades to get back to winning but that was a weird win we did a good job taking advantage of mistakes and some sloppy play and luck offensively but I think Johnson had a lot of luck tonight (I will give him credit for being there and making saves) but mh had a lot of bad luck tonight (along with some really bad breakdowns). It's a win so that is good we gotta keep winning these games and play good and win against pa, rd, cal, edm.

We have had horrible luck bad bounces during that 4 game losing streak it was nice to see them go our way for a change i do agree the 7-2 score is alot worse than what it really was MH did not look that brutal

So we have got through 9 games without Makarov and are 5-4 so not to bad really 1 more to go then he is back and the trade deadline will take place i really hope Burns is okay but Lorne said it does not look good wow are we ever in injury troubles right now

qrdsk
01-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Lazaruk suggested that there may not be trades at the deadline in his opening video clip - I hope he is joking.

lordstanley
01-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Highlite of Joh Nicholls absolute sick highlite reel goal

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/

patsdude114
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
No name calling I've never called you any names. Your being rude again.

Are we back in grade school where we act like crying babies cuz someone said something we didn't like?

LS had every right to call u a moron, he is not a band wagon jumper he has stuck by his team since day 1 when they were playing pourly to when they were starting to turn things around & back to playing pourly again.

Its time for some people on this site to grow a pair if u don't like the comments made towards u (meaning anybody) send a damn PM to that person & speak ur mind freely in a PM don't whine where we all can see it.

If someone doesn't like me that's great cuz I could careless what anyone thinks & ask mjw22 will tell anyone what's on my mind I don't give a flying hell who u r haha ask mjw22 how many times during a 5/6yr span I told his foreman where to go & how to get there

Bighat
01-02-2013, 02:26 PM
I was ****ing joking you moron even LS got that. I have big enough balls pats114, but if you want to check that out for yourself email me and I'll give you my section and seat number for the next pats game. I've been sitting their for 24 yrs.

patsdude114
01-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Hahahaha hit a nerve did I lmao some just love to be drama queens I guess even growen men too lol

:clap:

As for the Blades comment about Les saying the team not looking to trade (or however it was worded) I can't see them not wanting to do something, more so with the core of the team. There must be a bad apple in that dressing room (or 2 or 3) that brings out this streaky play. Time is running out for this team to hit full stride & become that dominate team which so many were hoping for in bladesland

lordstanley
01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Hahahaha hit a nerve did I lmao some just love to be drama queens I guess even growen men too lol

:clap:

As for the Blades comment about Les saying the team not looking to trade (or however it was worded) I can't see them not wanting to do something, more so with the core of the team. There must be a bad apple in that dressing room (or 2 or 3) that brings out this streaky play. Time is running out for this team to hit full stride & become that dominate team which so many were hoping for in bladesland

As for Les saying they may not trade well he has been saying that every deadline for the past 5 seasons pretty sure he just does not wanna be bugged or bothered by fans

Uh oh i am on the wagon again lol

patsdude114
01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
How's that ride on the wagon anyways LS, smooth sailing or alittle rocky today?

lordstanley
01-02-2013, 03:23 PM
How's that ride on the wagon anyways LS, smooth sailing or alittle rocky today?

Haha a little smooth today ask me after a win or a loss if we loose off i go if we win the wagon will be a rolling

Rye
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Haha the classic meet and greet comment. Gotta love the internet ...

lordstanley
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Haha the classic meet and greet comment. Gotta love the internet ...

Classic indeed it almost reminds me of the my dad can beat up your dad school comment :o

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Well it is a week away till the trade deadline and it is a little quiet on the Blades front

In other news Nathan Burns will sit out of Fridays game with a concussion not sure how long he will be out for but we have a week off after this game tomorrow night Nick Zajac will return tomorrow night a little quicker than i thought but much needed then our next game after tomorrow night we will have back Makarov Revel Graham and Nogier all back and maybe a few new players with trades

To say this team will look different come jan 11th with guys coming back and a few trades is a under statement

And also if the Blades start Patrick Johnson again tomorrow night and he is lights out again he may just take over Moodies roll as backup i would also think about keeping 1 of Giebel or Elliott as a extra forward they have both looked good

wango tango
01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
was thinking who might be of interest, don't know if any would actually be available.

brandon - pulock, roy, ferland
everett - murray
medicine hat - shinkaruk, valk, leier
moose jaw - reilly
prince george - jacobs, forsberg

talk on coffee row at the last game was how much is too much to pay? there's a few vets who for different reasons have played themselves into maybe getting moved, lots of picks and some prospects will also be traded. should molleken open up both barrels and shoot everything, empty the prospect cupboard, cause there's not going to be a better chance?

lordstanley
01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
was thinking who might be of interest, don't know if any would actually be available.

brandon - pulock, roy, ferland
everett - murray
medicine hat - shinkaruk, valk, leier
moose jaw - reilly
prince george - jacobs, forsberg

talk on coffee row at the last game was how much is too much to pay? there's a few vets who for different reasons have played themselves into maybe getting moved, lots of picks and some prospects will also be traded. should molleken open up both barrels and shoot everything, empty the prospect cupboard, cause there's not going to be a better chance?

Out of these guys i have heard rumors for Roy from Joe Hallenbeck we will see As for PG i dont want Jacobs Forsberg would be nice, Reilly would be good but there GM said he is not going anywhere.

Murray i think we may get for cheap cause he will be out until Aprill. Valk and Shinkaruk wont be dealt they are both 18 and both smaller so they will be back for MH next year

Boston Leier would be a nice checking line forward for a cheaper price as for Ferland i really see him ending up in Edmonton

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Valk and Shinkaruk wont be dealt they are both 18 and both smaller so they will be back for MH next yearValk is actually 19 (though he will be back next season as a solid overage player), and I don't think he is going anywhere either. Shinkaruk will be drafted very high, and will get a very long look from whatever NHL team drafts him, but he could possibly be back, but I too don't think he is going anywhere.

It seems almost like a certaintly that Ferland is heading to Edmonton, what with them having worked with only two overage players all season, and Kamloops already filling their overage spot with Kessey.

wango tango
01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Out of these guys i have heard rumors for Roy from Joe Hallenbeck we will see As for PG i dont want Jacobs Forsberg would be nice, Reilly would be good but there GM said he is not going anywhere.

Murray i think we may get for cheap cause he will be out until Aprill. Valk and Shinkaruk wont be dealt they are both 18 and both smaller so they will be back for MH next year

Boston Leier would be a nice checking line forward for a cheaper price as for Ferland i really see him ending up in Edmonton

i'll be surprised if shinkaruk isn't traded. he'll probably be in the nhl next season, if there is an nhl. the price i'm sure would be high, multiple first round picks and prospects. how much is molleken willing to pay? valk would add what saskatoon needs more speed and skill. again at what price?

if there is an nhl this season, reilly could be gone to the leafs, at least the answer should be known before the trade deadline. if the nhl does return would it affect murray's status?

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 01:36 PM
i'll be surprised if shinkaruk isn't traded. he'll probably be in the nhl next season, if there is an nhl. the price i'm sure would be high, multiple first round picks and prospects. how much is molleken willing to pay? valk would add what saskatoon needs more speed and skill. again at what price?

if there is an nhl this season, reilly could be gone to the leafs, at least the answer should be known before the trade deadline. if the nhl does return would it affect murray's status?

Shinkaruk and Reilly would make you contenders, but as you guys stated, at what price. I think you should deal for Murray, offer up a conditional pick, which turns into a lowly 7th rounder if he doesn't play

patsdude114
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
i'll be surprised if shinkaruk isn't traded. he'll probably be in the nhl next season, if there is an nhl.

Shinkaruk will not be in the NHL next season woww is that the biggest joke I have read in a long time. He is 175 pounds soaking wet, gets knocked off the puck very easily by kids his own age let alone when he starts playing with men. If Etem wasn't good enough to crack the NHL at 19 Shinkaruk isn't even close to be NHL ready at aage 18 lmao

I doubt MH makes anymore signifacant trades this year.

sbtatter
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Shinkaruk will not be in the NHL next season woww is that the biggest joke I have read in a long time. He is 175 pounds soaking wet, gets knocked off the puck very easily by kids his own age let alone when he starts playing with men. If Etem wasn't good enough to crack the NHL at 19 Shinkaruk isn't even close to be NHL ready at aage 18 lmao

Have to agree with you about Shinkaruk

SectionNDeserter
01-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Shinkaruk will not be in the NHL next season woww is that the biggest joke I have read in a long time. He is 175 pounds soaking wet, gets knocked off the puck very easily by kids his own age let alone when he starts playing with men. If Etem wasn't good enough to crack the NHL at 19 Shinkaruk isn't even close to be NHL ready at aage 1818 year olds don't crack an NHL roster nowadays because they are ready, they crack an NHL roster because most NHL teams top-load their cap space with overpaid players, then fill up their bottom two lines with scrubs and elite young players that are on ELCs. You are absolutely right that he shouldn't be in the NHL next season, but if he goes top 5, there is a pretty good chance that he will be there anyways.

wango tango
01-03-2013, 03:33 PM
laugh it up patsdude. two things to remember. one the nhl cap is going down. and two rookies are cheap.

nhl teams will be able to afford only a few high priced guys, then have to fill out their roster with cheaper players. there will be more pressure than ever to keep 1st round picks with the team that drafts them.

wango tango
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
18 year olds don't crack an NHL roster nowadays because they are ready, they crack an NHL roster because most NHL teams top-load their cap space with overpaid players, then fill up their bottom two lines with scrubs and elite young players that are on ELCs. You are absolutely right that he shouldn't be in the NHL next season, but if he goes top 5, there is a pretty good chance that he will be there anyways.

you're right sectionn. he'll make it not necessarily because he's ready, but because he'll be affordable. and if he goes top five, i'd say it'd be an almost certainty he'll stick. in fact depending on a new cba i'd say more first round nhl picks than ever will start sticking with their teams. the trickle down effect to junior. not fun to think about.

pthlcommish
01-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Back to the topic at hand...who can we really afford right now? Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard...

Ryan Murray would be a huge plus if he returns in April, but will he gel with no time with the team? I would be understating the fact that the current roster will struggle to get out of the first round without some major changes.

Is defence really an issue? Siemens has been 'ok' of late. Dietz has been ok. Surprisingly, Craig has been ok. Pufahl and Gwinner as well. Does Thrower get moved?

We really still have 1 borderline 1/2 line with McColgan, Stransky, and Nicholls and a borderline group 2/3 group with Walker, Burns, Kambeitz, Sutter, Revel...

Getting another strong checker would be absurd.

Find the best available playmaker. Get him. Play him with Stransky and Sutter/Walker. Then run McColgan, Nicholls and Sutter/Walker, followed by Kambeitz, Zajac, and Burns/Stovin.

And who knows what to do on the back end. A true playmaker would be nice and pair him with Siemens who would be forced to stay at home...after that....*shrug*

I truly think to move anything we've gotta move Revel who has been slow in coming along this year. Can't believe we moved a 2014 1st rounder for Burns still.

Should be interesting.

Kerry Clark
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
laugh it up patsdude. two things to remember. one the nhl cap is going down. and two rookies are cheap.

nhl teams will be able to afford only a few high priced guys, then have to fill out their roster with cheaper players. there will be more pressure than ever to keep 1st round picks with the team that drafts them.

Amnesty buyouts will also come with the lower cap and only stupid teams are going to start the clock on 18 year olds and not maximize their peak value (Which is when they're older not 18)

lordstanley
01-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Aalan Caldwell did a write up for teams who have picks in the up coming draft for trade bait Blades have a pick every round for the next draft except for round 3 but have 2 picks in the 4th round and have severall prospects 2014 draft is where they are a little think no first round picks thanks to the Burns deal

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2013/01/remaining-draft-picks.html

sbtatter
01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Aalan Caldwell did a write up for teams who have picks in the up coming draft for trade bait Blades have a pick every round for the next draft except for round 3 but have 2 picks in the 4th round and have severall prospects 2014 draft is where they are a little think no first round picks thanks to the Burns deal

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/2013/01/remaining-draft-picks.html

MJ have two 1st rounders in 2015, did the 2nd one come in the Edmundson deal?

mjw22
01-04-2013, 01:18 PM
MJ have two 1st rounders in 2015, did the 2nd one come in the Edmundson deal?

Yes

lordstanley
01-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes

I had a brain fart moment i thought it said Edmonton not Edmundson i was liek when did Edm and Mj last trade :rolleyes:

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 05:08 PM
I could see the Blades making a move which will involve moving a vet top 6 fwd for another vet top 6 forward & moving Thrower as well. Thrower has a huge ego can see it everytime the past 2yrs when he is in Regina, at times I believe he thinks his crap don't stink & could be a big reason why that Blades locker room is such a mess.

At times I even wonder if Makarov is really the goalie they need, they could use a more impact euro as a skater & find a goalie like Hewitt or Engel & use the euro spot for Bertaggia. Makarov has been good but he is very streaky & can't afford a streaky goalie to be cold come Memorial Cup tournament & knowing russians that's when he would turn cold as ice.

lordstanley
01-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I could see the Blades making a move which will involve moving a vet top 6 fwd for another vet top 6 forward & moving Thrower as well. Thrower has a huge ego can see it everytime the past 2yrs when he is in Regina, at times I believe he thinks his crap don't stink & could be a big reason why that Blades locker room is such a mess.

At times I even wonder if Makarov is really the goalie they need, they could use a more impact euro as a skater & find a goalie like Hewitt or Engel & use the euro spot for Bertaggia. Makarov has been good but he is very streaky & can't afford a streaky goalie to be cold come Memorial Cup tournament & knowing russians that's when he would turn cold as ice.

At the parking lot early for the Blades game tonnes of Raider fans here for this almost treating it like it is a playoff game i am a little surprised i must admit best craziest fan in the league

Thing is i hear fans saying the cup is ours and it ruins everything.

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 06:07 PM
So are u saying I shouldn't say GO RAIDERS ?

Ha sorrry but its the Blades vs the entire league so many are loving seeing the Blades faulter like this

Trav
01-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I actually can see Thrower and Sutter being traded. Sutter has been a disappointment this year. Only problem is, teams would just look at his stats and go meh or on the other hand they might see that he'll likely be back in the WHL next year as a 20 yr old and if he got his game back on, could be a good 20 next year.

Thrower may benefit from a change of scenery as well.

Molleken has less then a week to make the team a contender. Can he do it? I think he can if he plays his cards rite.

lordstanley
01-04-2013, 06:39 PM
So are u saying I shouldn't say GO RAIDERS ?

Ha sorrry but its the Blades vs the entire league so many are loving seeing the Blades faulter like this

i dont blame fans asking for us to lose we have been good for 5 years now with Molleken Reg Season anyways lol i would treat the Pats like Horse **** too if they were in our position lol it is what it is :D

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
i dont blame fans asking for us to lose we have been good for 5 years now with Molleken Reg Season anyways lol i would treat the Pats like Horse **** too if they were in our position lol it is what it is :D

Ha most people did treat the pats like horsecrap when we had all our injuries, I can't recall who said it but someone had said the pats were a sorry excuse for a team, well ya when u have/had 8 to 10 regulars out there isn't much of a team left lol

Trav
01-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Johnson in net again tonite, LS u mite be rite, Johnson could maybe be staying after Makarov get's back. Going to be an interesting week next week, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Moodie traded. I think the guy needs a new start somewhere else.

Kerry Clark
01-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Molleken has less then a week to make the team a contender. Can he do it? I think he can if he plays his cards rite.

If it comes down to Lorne Molleken making something happen then the Blades are screwed.

So what I'm saying is they're screwed.

lordstanley
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
If it comes down to Lorne Molleken making something happen then the Blades are screwed.

So what I'm saying is they're screwed.

Steve Young says the Blades escaped a a win tonight so i guess we we will take it

qrdsk
01-04-2013, 09:48 PM
finally a good game against a good team. i am not sold on Johnson i see why he hasn't been here regularly yet to me he does not inspire confidence(better tonight than last game). i sure hope lorne goes for it i could also see trading thrower and sutter (although sometimes they are really good but thrower is sometimes over confident while sutter looks lost and disengaged at times). really i could see trading anybody but i do hope it is slot of the future to keep depth.

JMoney1988
01-04-2013, 10:09 PM
My favorite part of the game by far apart from the blades winning was when sound as a board Siemens had a mini tantrum after the Nichols goal to make it 4-1.....

lordstanley
01-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Blades win i am on the wagon agaon oops i guess it just means i like i like my team to win lol

Bighat
01-04-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm on the wagon too and we are rolling right up your a-- here come the pats.

patsdude114
01-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Oh buddy drop it with here comes the Pats lmao were still 7pts behind the Blades since they won as well & they will for surely be making a trade or 2 to improve there team, plus they are getting a world class goalie back between the pipes in a weeks time.

Our Pats will be lucky if we even make a move & if we do it will be a very small tweak or selling off a guy or 2, will be nothing of anything important unless the Pats are involved in the Forsberg sweepstakes which would speed up our rebuild phase extremely fast.

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Welcome your new Saskatoon Blades goalie Patrick Johnson at least i think so he has been great good to finaly beat those Raiders put up 46 shots last night but i guess we escaped with a win hey Steve Young

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
And oh yeah Blades went 6-4 without Makarov not to shabby someone said we may go 2-8 without him not naming names lol

XCHEKR
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Welcome your new Saskatoon Blades goalie Patrick Johnson at least i think so he has been great good to finaly beat those Raiders put up 46 shots last night but i guess we escaped with a win hey Steve Young

Seriously LS >>> Do you need a towel to cry into???? Or is it time for you to go off on how the Blades are going to win the memorial cup???

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Seriously LS >>> Do you need a towel to cry into???? Or is it time for you to go off on how the Blades are going to win the memorial cup???

Perhaps it is time for you to go walk into traffic and take 1 for the team

Where did i say we would win the Memorial Cup ? i would love to see it you wont find another Blades fan that is harder on this team than me

I was just stating what was said on the postgame show and how i like Patrick Johnsons play of late

So in closing if anyone is crying it would be you buddy:D

XCHEKR
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Perhaps it is time for you to go walk into traffic and take 1 for the team

Where did i say we would win the Memorial Cup ? i would love to see it you wont find another Blades fan that is harder on this team than me

I was just stating what was said on the postgame show and how i like Patrick Johnsons play of late

So in closing if anyone is crying it would be you buddy:D

AWE sorry LS ..... I felt you were a little miffed with Young's comment!;)

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
AWE sorry LS ..... I felt you were a little miffed with Young's comment!;)

Nah just found his comment interesting is all specially when the Blades had 47 shots and 3 less power plays to escape with a victory lol i do agree that we should have been called on a double minor high sticking penalty that was missed

JMoney1988
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
So just a fun little thing here before trade deadline, a few questions, give us your opinions.....

1. Who do you think SHOULD get traded?
2. Who is untouchable? (if any)
3. What position should we upgrade the most of?
4. Which avaiable players would best fit our team? (if any)

Of course everyone opinion is different, so please feel free to comment, outsiders welcome.......

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
So just a fun little thing here before trade deadline, a few questions, give us your opinions.....

Of course everyone opinion is different, so please feel free to comment, outsiders welcome.......

I will try to answer these

1.Dalton Thrower pinches in alot and has been taking bad penaltys at bad times
2.there is a few but if i had to pick i guess Makarov
3.Defense or a backup goalie
4.Rielly Ferland

qrdsk
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM

1. I think any of the youngsters should be considered expendable and any of the vets where appropriate compensation is obtainable. I am really concerned about sutter myself (I don't buy the things I read about compete level etc - Lorne, les and I don't see eye to eye on much - for some reason Les sucks up to Lorne so much it is unreal good play by play guy maybe best in the league at calling things fairly but I do not agree with him on much beyond the facts of the play). He is the worst sutter I have seen play but name takes you places in Hockey.
2. no one should be untouchable period. (although I assume Makarov is)
3. We need a top line (not a 1a and 1b because they both are really only second lines). I am gonna say we need a top end defenseman and two top notch forwards and of course a back up goalie - I do not think Johnson cuts it but I will give him credit for the two wins. Any subtle improvements are good too (like Lernout out and Gwinner in).
4. I honestly do not know who is available so going from teams below 500. I would say reilly and I would love to see lowry here. Maybe Jacobs. Maybe the guys from Brandon (the defenseman and goalie). I don't really know but I have said before I think depth is likely the play so get better now (zajack, Harland, revel, stovin, all work hard but we need to be better now). I am not sure about Ferland I thought I heard he was in trouble with the law (don't quote me on this) so that may have been a distraction which impacts him as a player.

We had our chance with a great team two years ago and that did not work out we are lucky enough to have this chance - get it done it is as simple as that. I was gripping all last season about why Lorne did not setup better for this season but that is past now.

BigCat20
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Dont like a ferland trade. Costs too much & causes another shuffle of the 20 yr olds. Add to the fact that we already gave up stockl & pick, really dont see us changing there. Sure, Thrower & Sutter haven't played well but have been better lately. But who would want them & give us back an upgrade.
I hope swift will bail & give us Lowry & Scarlett. Think 1st, 2- 2nd's & combo of Graham, Nogier, Zajac, Moodie. I would even be open to putting in Revel, which it prob will take.
Maybe tigers are willing to send valk for the right price. Maybe fioretti from the jaw, same kinda player, prob worth about the same.
Rielly is going to be outrageously priced.......gonna take a Schenn package to get him. Maybe Dirk from Kootenay or Forsberg from Seattle would be more affordable. Still think offering a cond. pick for Murray, bunch of picks if he plays is a no brainer!

Best time of the year!

BigCat20
01-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Still a big moodie fan. He's young but easily the starter of the future. But that being said, if he needs to be included to make or break a trade, gotta move him. Used to think Boes would be a good move but hasn't looked good this yr. He's Brandon's back up for a reason.....he's being beat out by a rookie. A backup is the last thing we need to upgrade. 1) no matter who backs makki up, they will only play a handful of games the rest of the yr. 2) if makki gets hurt, we are screwed, whom ever is backing him up. Johnson, Boes, Engel......they are not elite goalies, that's what it will take to win a championship.

patsdude114
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't think its so much about getting an upgrade on Thrower or Sutter but more less changing the culture in the locker room. Sutter can be aa great shut down guy when he has his head on right but its too easy to get that guy rattled & then he is useless & takes dumb penalties the rest of the game. Sutter & Thrower both fall into that they are both hot heads, they have there ticket to the memorial cup as of right now & its going to there heads, both players need a reality check.

I don't think there is much difference in a Sutter to Jacobs type deal both are big centers who can play both roles of shut down or a small offensive role. As for Thrower maybe something with Roy or Pouliot type deals altho I don't see Portland giving him up was just more of an example. Just feel that both these players could be used in a trade for change of scenary for all players involved.

Makarov can be an elite goalie but with that said he is also a very streaky goalie. He has played way to much hockey to date already, 2 subway series games (if my memory serves me right) along with like every game of the Blades & now competive hockey at the WJs either in a game or in a up-tempo practice every day since he left for russia. The guy needs a light duty break for 3 weeks or so & the backups the Blades have right now don't cut it.

Dwight Schrute
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Nah just found his comment interesting is all specially when the Blades had 47 shots and 3 less power plays to escape with a victory lol i do agree that we should have been called on a double minor high sticking penalty that was missed

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into the # of shots. The accuracy of the shot count in saskatoon this season has been humorous. Try counting shots for and against next game and see the differance. I wonder how many other rinks its like that

lordstanley
01-05-2013, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't put a lot of stock into the # of shots. The accuracy of the shot count in saskatoon this season has been humorous. Try counting shots for and against next game and see the differance. I wonder how many other rinks its like that

Funny you should say that cause the shot keepers in PA have inflated the Raiders shots for years it has been rediculous you could be right about last night but i would say 5 shots less if that for both teams last night

alot of the Raiders shots came from the blue line or out

Rye
01-06-2013, 02:02 AM
Still a big moodie fan. He's young but easily the starter of the future. But that being said, if he needs to be included to make or break a trade, gotta move him. Used to think Boes would be a good move but hasn't looked good this yr. He's Brandon's back up for a reason.....he's being beat out by a rookie. A backup is the last thing we need to upgrade. 1) no matter who backs makki up, they will only play a handful of games the rest of the yr. 2) if makki gets hurt, we are screwed, whom ever is backing him up. Johnson, Boes, Engel......they are not elite goalies, that's what it will take to win a championship.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion but Boes is not the backup ...

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 10:14 AM
The NHL lockout is now over now there is a chl list of players that could get a training camp call up this is the whl list TSN compiled

The WHL List looked like this:

Carolina - Victor Rask*
Dallas - Matej Stransky
Edmonton - David Musil
Minnesota - Matthew Dumba
NY Islanders - Griffin Reinhart
Pittsburgh - Derrick Pouliot
St Louis - Ty Rattie
Toronto - Morgan Reilly

* Victor Rask is eligible to play in the AHL this season.

So other than Rask, anyone think someone's getting the call?

Sttop
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I would imagine that whole list will be getting a call.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I would imagine that whole list will be getting a call.

I agree but i hope we just lose Stransky for 7 day training camp max

Bighat
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Siemens, thrower, macaroni at least for 5 days they will get a look. I think this is bull**** in the middle of the season when playoff races are heating up and the trade deadline is now. CHL might move the trade deadline due to lockout being over.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Siemens, thrower, macaroni at least for 5 days they will get a look. I think this is bull**** in the middle of the season when playoff races are heating up and the trade deadline is now. CHL might move the trade deadline due to lockout being over.

No no just Stransky will be gone for a week or so every NHl team is not calling up all there prospects for 7 day training camp lol

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
With the NHL & NHLPAa coming to an agreement early this morning how is this going to effect trade deadline? Didn't Toronto say Reilly would be attending there traaining camp? So that could take him off the market & a huge blow to MJ if the leafs keep him. Does this change the Ferland case now? Since the Flames will now have spots open on the farm team for him to actually play?

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
With the NHL & NHLPAa coming to an agreement early this morning how is this going to effect trade deadline? Didn't Toronto say Reilly would be attending there traaining camp? So that could take him off the market & a huge blow to MJ if the leafs keep him. Does this change the Ferland case now? Since the Flames will now have spots open on the farm team for him to actually play?

It is a big huge mess right now i know the LHL is looking to extend the trade deadline if Branch has it his way they will

Bighat
01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
They will call up who ever they think can play in the NHL this year, or save them some money. :clap::groovy:

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 12:30 PM
They will call up who ever they think can play in the NHL this year, or save them some money. :clap::groovy:

So you pretty much just said siemens makarov and stransky will all be called up and sticking with nhl clubs at the age of 19

Can someone tell me why i respond to this guy ? yikes

Bighat
01-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I did not say they would stick, they will get a look I said. You respond because your sick of talking to yourself. Lets go leafs.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I did not say they would stick, they will get a look I said. You respond because your sick of talking to yourself. Lets go leafs.

There not even gonna get a look nhl has a list of 1 or 2 players per nhl team they can call up get a clue dude

Bighat
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Then why would u ask who else. Oh you didn't know about the list either. :D. Is McNeil on the list.

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
It is a big huge mess right now i know the OHL is looking to extend the trade deadline if Branch has it his way they will

It would make alot of sense actually for all the leagues to extend it til after the NHL training camps are done to see which juniors make the NHL & which are sent back.

Im very curious as to how this effects Ferland's status now, he just got sent back where everyone didnt think there would be a NHL season but now that there is an agreement what happens to him.... does Calgary still have the right to reassign him back to the AHL again where there will be playing time for him now? I mean they are paying him this year anyways & he is 20yrs old so he should be sent back to the AHL, ha that would just rain on the WKs parade for his trade value but i love it & hope it happens.

sbtatter
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
It would make alot of sense actually for all the leagues to extend it til after the NHL training camps are done to see which juniors make the NHL & which are sent back.

Im very curious as to how this effects Ferland's status now, he just got sent back where everyone didnt think there would be a NHL season but now that there is an agreement what happens to him.... does Calgary still have the right to reassign him back to the AHL again where there will be playing time for him now? I mean they are paying him this year anyways & he is 20yrs old so he should be sent back to the AHL, ha that would just rain on the WKs parade for his trade value but i love it & hope it happens.

It would be like seeing a shiny Xmas present under the tree Xmas Eve, then Xmas day it's gone!
Glad to see you care about the WK's and their fans;)

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
It would be like seeing a shiny Xmas present under the tree Xmas Eve, then Xmas day it's gone!
Glad to see you care about the WK's and their fans;)

If i remember correctly the WKs & there fans were the 1st to crap all over us Pats fans when Parker was stupid to not trade Eberle & Tuebert.

This latest news could be a huge blow to the WKs & MJ if Reilly makes the leafs, we all know how the Leafs like to screw over a players development Kadri is a prime example.

sbtatter
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
If i remember correctly the WKs & there fans were the 1st to crap all over us Pats fans when Parker was stupid to not trade Eberle & Tuebert.

This latest news could be a huge blow to the WKs & MJ if Reilly makes the leafs, we all know how the Leafs like to screw over a players development Kadri is a prime example.

Pats were incredibly stupid not to trade those 2, that is fact. If Ferland and Reilly can't be traded now because of the NHL being back, that's circumstances, not stupidity. But you got to hang Eberle's jersey up I guess

SimonTemplar
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
The OHL comp committee is meeting tomorrow and its all about deadline dates or extension. I assume Dub/OHL/Q all need permission from HC so it should be crazy 24 hours. Lot of big names flipping in the wind in O today...wuts it like in Dud right now folks. Is there a large number of big names that could be traded if they stick...gonna be tough 2 weeks for CHL GM,s.

Niagara have 3 players on the trade block.....Ritchie , Strome, Hamilton and could lose all 3 for no return....period, ouch!

Has the WHL prez said anything yet ?

mjw22
01-06-2013, 02:12 PM
The OHL comp committee is meeting tomorrow and its all about deadline dates or extension. I assume Dub/OHL/Q all need permission from HC so it should be crazy 24 hours. Lot of big names flipping in the wind in O today...wuts it like in Dud right now folks. Is there a large number of big names that could be traded if they stick...gonna be tough 2 weeks for CHL GM,s.

Niagara have 3 players on the trade block.....Ritchie , Strome, Hamilton and could lose all 3 for no return....period, ouch!

Has the WHL prez said anything yet ?

HC has nothing to do with the CHL rules. That will be up to Branch and each league. I would think all 3 will move the deadline back.

Johnny Table
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM
HC has nothing to do with the CHL rules. That will be up to Branch and each league. I would think all 3 will move the deadline back.

wrong HC has everything to do with the CHL and there roster set dates

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 02:49 PM

NHL call up list here it is

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9539

patsdude114
no they dont each league is indepenantly run as each league has different rules IE- the WHL is the only league that has the no change from an icing call, another is the Q is the only league that forces players to wear neck gaurds

mjw22

Nope HC oversees all amatuer hockey but not CHL or CJHL . It works in cooperation with both these bodies but has no say in their bylaws or anything else. You may want to go do some research.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9539 call up list

sbtatter
01-06-2013, 02:53 PM
You'd better hope Stransky doesn't crack Dallas's line up!

mjw22
01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9539 call up list

Thanks LS . I think the NHL will be so busy trying to get their pro players up to speed in a very short camp they may not have time for guys who wont make a big impact.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 02:57 PM

If he makes their lineup at age 19 i will find some sort of way to eat my own Hat maybe he will stick for 9 games but even that will hurt us in a huge way

Being realistic i see him there for a week for their training camp and that is it

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Looking at that list of the WHLers who will be attending NHL camps if they still want them there i dont see anyone making the NHL roster as none of our players attending camps will make a big enough impact to burn a year of there entry deal for 1/2 a season.

Guys like Scheifele, Yakupov, Hamilton & Huberdeau will be the only guys to make a big enough impact to be in the NHL to burn that year off. Murray would of been a lock to be in the top 4 in CLB but with his season ending injury he becomes a non issue.

sbtatter
01-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Looking at that list of the WHLers who will be attending NHL camps if they still want them there i dont see anyone making the NHL roster as none of our players attending camps will make a big enough impact to burn a year of there entry deal for 1/2 a season.

Guys like Scheifele, Yakupov, Hamilton & Huberdeau will be the only guys to make a big enough impact to be in the NHL to burn that year off. Murray would of been a lock to be in the top 4 in CLB but with his season ending injury he becomes a non issue.

I'd be surprised if things turn out different than this

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 03:17 PM
I'd be surprised if things turn out different than this

hey sometimes i do know what im talking about lol but time will tell i guess...

sbtatter have u heard anything from the WKs side on how this effects Ferland yet?

Johnny Table
01-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Nope HC oversees all amatuer hockey but not CHL or CJHL . It works in cooperation with both these bodies but has no say in their bylaws or anything else. You may want to go do some research.

Wrong again. As someone who is a coach within the CJHL I can tell you that our roster rules are set by HC. The same goes for the CHL. Dont tell me to do my research when I work with it everyday

SimonTemplar
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Wrong again. As someone who is a coach within the CJHL I can tell you that our roster rules are set by HC. The same goes for the CHL. Dont tell me to do my research when I work with it everyday

That's what I assumed as well. HC holds the strings on these player deadlines and the 3 leagues fall under its shadow...they control this bigger rules with player movement and hard dates....at least I believe they do, could be wrong.

mjw22
01-06-2013, 04:21 PM

lol like PD114 said the leagues set thier own rules . discipline suspensions bantam draft age etc. HC oversees player cards etc but would have no say in trade deadlines. Youre not the only one on here that has had interaction with HC.

ofhdhdy
01-06-2013, 04:43 PM

LMAO you're delusional if you think he even has a 1% chance at making it.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
LMAO you're delusional if you think he even has a 1% chance at making it.

I think that was his way of telling a little joke at least i hope so

Johnny Table
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
lol like PD114 said the leagues set thier own rules . discipline suspensions bantam draft age etc. HC oversees player cards etc but would have no say in trade deadlines. Youre not the only one on here that has had interaction with HC.

No where did I say anything about on ice rules. All i talked about was the rosters and now you are trying to change your story because you were wrong.

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Hockey Canada does set rules on the major junior leagues on the rosters, as the American based teams wouldn't have to follow them as they are not part of hockey canada they are part of the CHL only & there is a difference.

Hockey Canada has control over minor hockey but that's it not major junior.

mjw22
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
No where did I say anything about on ice rules. All i talked about was the rosters and now you are trying to change your story because you were wrong.

what ever bud. I doubt HC controls the trade deadline. Nowhere in the HC site is the WHL or CJHL listed as one of the 13 hockey bodies governed by HC. They dont control rosters they register all players ie player cards. Read the HC mandate . HC oversees 13 regional minor hockey progams as well as all HC tournaments .HC works in COOPERATION with the CHL and CJHL.Guys that spend millions to own and operate hockey teams arent going to be run by HC lol

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Well Blades fans 4 days till the deadline in the most important year of the Blades franchise no pressure Lorne wonder when we will see the first trade trickle in it has been very very slow as of late now may get even slower with the lockout ending

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Last nite Lang was on the Raiders show during the 1st intermission & he said since the Blades drove up prices so high early in the year with the Kambeitz & Burns deal everyone is looking for huge returns now & the trade talks have really halted fast. He also said its been the slowest deadline to date so far for him being in the league with phone calls & said from the close communications he has with a few GMs across the league they have said the same thing.

So take what u want out of that but I guess grandpa lorne has really screwed the league over for prices this year. But I'm sure a lot can be said with how tight things are as well especially in the eastern conference.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Last nite Lang was on the Raiders show during the 1st intermission & he said since the Blades drove up prices so high early in the year with the Kambeitz & Burns deal everyone is looking for huge returns now & the trade talks have really halted fast. He also said its been the slowest deadline to date so far for him being in the league with phone calls & said from the close communications he has with a few GMs across the league they have said the same thing.

So take what u want out of that but I guess grandpa lorne has really screwed the league over for prices this year. But I'm sure a lot can be said with how tight things are as well especially in the eastern conference.

I agree and actually our broadcaster even went as far to say he wouldnt be surprised if the Blades even stand Pat there is just not that much out there this year

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I've said right from the start of the year that the WHL has a very weak group of 19yr olds across the league & very few teams r interested in listening about trades when it comes to trading away impact 18yr olds or even 17yr olds.

I know from a Pats point of view Lang isn't interested in even interested about hearing trades regaurding Klimchuk or Stephenson & I'm sure that's league wide for players of that level at those age groups.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Dont look now but Regina is only 3 points from catching us with a win tonight in fact Blades are not far from the last playoffs spot lol

Johnny Table
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
what ever bud. I doubt HC controls the trade deadline. Nowhere in the HC site is the WHL or CJHL listed as one of the 13 hockey bodies governed by HC. They dont control rosters they register all players ie player cards. Read the HC mandate . HC oversees 13 regional minor hockey progams as well as all HC tournaments .HC works in COOPERATION with the CHL and CJHL.Guys that spend millions to own and operate hockey teams arent going to be run by HC lol

So they dont control the trade deadline dates hey ? Then why is it that BOTH THE CHL AND CJHL deadline day is JAN 10? Ill tell you why BECAUSE THAT IS THE RULES SET OUT BY HOCKEY CANADA. But hey you know everything. Its weird how every single jr league weather its major jr or jr a have the same deadline. HAHA

Johnny Table
01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Dont look now but Regina is only 3 points from catching us with a win tonight in fact Blades are not far from the last playoffs spot lol

I think once the deadline passes the Blades players will relax and start playing much better hockey

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
So they dont control the trade deadline dates hey ? Then why is it that BOTH THE CHL AND CJHL deadline day is JAN 10? Ill tell you why BECAUSE THAT IS THE RULES SET OUT BY HOCKEY CANADA. But hey you know everything. Its weird how every single jr league weather its major jr or jr a have the same deadline. HAHA

Why dont you guys take this to the league discussion forum ?

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
I think once the deadline passes the Blades players will relax and start playing much better hockey

I hope so and i forgot to mention we have 3 games in hand on Reg Sc and PA so we shall see and since starting the season at 2-7 Blades are 19-11-1

Sttop
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
cough... 1 game in hand on the Raiders

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 08:57 PM
cough... 1 game in hand on the Raiders

Thats right and it will be 2 games in hand by our next game so i hope the Pats beat you guys on wednesday get this division nice and tight

Sttop
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I hope so and i forgot to mention we have 3 games in hand on Reg Sc and PA so we shall see and since starting the season at 2-7 Blades are 19-11-1

...right.

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
...right.

Okay i stand corrected it is 1 right now but will be 2 soon this is gonna be 1 wild crazy week with the trade deadline nhl camps and whl games buckle up and enjoy the ride people

patsdude114
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Tonites game in Regina was an extremely boring game, the Pats played down to the WKs level which also has to do with 3games in 3 nites & the WKs 4 games in 5 nights but either way the WKs sure don't haave much besides Pulock & Roy.

Talk about the standings the Pats are 1pt behind SC for 7th we should pass them by the end of next weekend, they have been a sub .500 team all year long but yet those Bronco fans think they are such a good team. At least with the Pats being a sub .500 team its cuz of all the injuries we had in the 1st 1/2 of season.

Our division is very tight mainly due to aall being such weak teams. The Raiders have never impressed me all season long but that could just be cuz the Pats match up good against them in play styles. Kind of like last season with the Pats going 4-0 against the Oil Kings but yet were a team slightly better then .500

Bighat
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
I hear you knocking :clap:

lordstanley
01-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I hear you knocking :clap:

Huh ?

pthlcommish
01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I forgot to submit my damn wish list LS, sorry to disappoint you...this clock is ticking...

- Thrower, but I doubt he will, he would be the guy to upgrade on the point with, we can live with the other 5 and he's made some dumb plays of late
- to upgrade, open the bank with all picks and someone please move Revel
- and wouldn't even consider moving Sutter...too valuable as a checker regardless of stats this year

- everyone but the youth, y'ain't gonna mold a team in 2 months

- my God, an offensive forward or 2 and if we get the slim chance, a pure puck-mover - I still like Sutter/Kambeitz/Walker as a 3rd line with Graham/Astles/Zajac on the 4th

4. Which available players would best fit our team? (if any)
- whoever we can get, haha

A few other comments...

Re Callups
- in the middle of hosting the Memorial Cup, don't expect any of the Blades to even go to camp; not worth it
- in fact, unless these players are expected to crack an NHL lineup, I would expect the list of actual camp attendees would be teams that are already out of the playoff picture, providing those players don't get traded

Re Mooner's High Prices to start the trading
- of 2 thoughts here, either he (a) screwed trading up for the W for the entire season or else (b) paid what he could for the best talent available at the time or else (c) maybe because of the NHL lockout and unsurety with camps, callups, etc, the entire CHL has been tentative on trading players

I expect things to loosen up now that the NHL has agreed to the CBA in principle and I also expect trade deadlines in the CHL to be moved by a week.

My $0.02.

Harvest
01-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Tonites game in Regina was an extremely boring game, the Pats played down to the WKs level which also has to do with 3games in 3 nites & the WKs 4 games in 5 nights but either way the WKs sure don't haave much besides Pulock & Roy.

Talk about the standings the Pats are 1pt behind SC for 7th we should pass them by the end of next weekend, they have been a sub .500 team all year long but yet those Bronco fans think they are such a good team. At least with the Pats being a sub .500 team its cuz of all the injuries we had in the 1st 1/2 of season.

Our division is very tight mainly due to aall being such weak teams. The Raiders have never impressed me all season long but that could just be cuz the Pats match up good against them in play styles. Kind of like last season with the Pats going 4-0 against the Oil Kings but yet were a team slightly better then .500
Nice try but the broncos have been missing 3-6 players for majority of the year. I don't quite get where all this pats confidence is coming from. U guys got hit for a bit but will be dropping again very soon. Pats won't make the playoffs. Go out your army hat back on and wave your little flag.

Mellow Yellow69
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM

I have been browsing this forum for a couple years and have not seen a bigger idiot or someone with less of hockey knowledge as patsdude has. In the same post you are saying brandon has no one except pulock and roy and saying injuries are the reason you guys suck. Well tonigh bdn was without ferland bertaggia seaman quennevile (4 of their top players) as well as 20 year old miller lol 5 solid players. If u followed hockey youd know that bdn and mj have the top group of 95,96 and 97 born players in thr entire league, because they are two franchises who get it done, unlike reginas 10 year rebuilding process which has been painful to watch. Bdn and mj will gladly miss playoffs this year(first time in 16 years bdn will of missed playoffs) in order to load up more youth talent to be solid for the next 5 years, like both teams generally are. But when it comes to regina you guys are once again getting alll excited for your 7th or 8th seed and first round knockout which does nothing for a rebuilding process. I dont have to name the solid young guys/prospects on mj because youll find out about them soon enough but bdn has nikkel, hawryluk, mcgauley,qunneville,cooper,waltz,lindgren,lisoway, coulter,pankewicz,palmer,mamaguire,vanhorne.. Those are 16 and 17 year olds who are on the team this year, not to mention first round selection goalie papirny who is 16 and was goalie on team pacific and not to mention 15 year old stars gabrielle,shmyr browne and boutin.. This also doesnt include any other young guys we obtain this year.. So look out, while we have our first off year in 16 years in order to build a winner for the next 5 years, you guys will chase that low seed and be sub par for another 5 years, i mean its been forever since u guys were good. Just thought id bring you down to earth buddy;) a 7th or 8th finish is a bad year for a few whl teams, but it seems like for you guys its the makings of a parade

patsdude114
01-07-2013, 02:06 AM
I have been browsing this forum for a couple years and have not seen a bigger idiot or someone with less of hockey knowledge as patsdude has. In the same post you are saying brandon has no one except pulock and roy and saying injuries are the reason you guys suck. Well tonigh bdn was without ferland bertaggia seaman quennevile (4 of their top players) as well as 20 year old miller lol 5 solid players. If u followed hockey youd know that bdn and mj have the top group of 95,96 and 97 born players in thr entire league, because they are two franchises who get it done, unlike reginas 10 year rebuilding process which has been painful to watch. Bdn and mj will gladly miss playoffs this year(first time in 16 years bdn will of missed playoffs) in order to load up more youth talent to be solid for the next 5 years, like both teams generally are. But when it comes to regina you guys are once again getting alll excited for your 7th or 8th seed and first round knockout which does nothing for a rebuilding process. I dont have to name the solid young guys/prospects on mj because youll find out about them soon enough but bdn has nikkel, hawryluk, mcgauley,qunneville,cooper,waltz,lindgren,lisoway, coulter,pankewicz,palmer,mamaguire,vanhorne.. Those are 16 and 17 year olds who are on the team this year, not to mention first round selection goalie papirny who is 16 and was goalie on team pacific and not to mention 15 year old stars gabrielle,shmyr browne and boutin.. This also doesnt include any other young guys we obtain this year.. So look out, while we have our first off year in 16 years in order to build a winner for the next 5 years, you guys will chase that low seed and be sub par for another 5 years, i mean its been forever since u guys were good. Just thought id bring you down to earth buddy;) a 7th or 8th finish is a bad year for a few whl teams, but it seems like for you guys its the makings of a parade

hahaha best thing ive read all year long in this early start to 2013, hahahaa believe me i know that MJ & BRN have the leagues best crop of 16 & 17 year olds & that they are both in a rebuilding process. But with that said like i said earlier the pats played down to there midget level tonite, BRN will definately be the team to beat again in 2yrs along with mj.

Oh & also Miller is not a decent player that was the funniest thing with ur post. Its idiots like u who post rarely with little knowledge of anything who think long & hard before creating a post & then state the obvious lmao its ok if ur slow we understand if ur from MB

witness
01-07-2013, 08:46 AM
All the name calling aside...
The Pats have a decent 17 year old age group.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 09:00 AM
All the name calling aside...
The Pats have a decent 17 year old age group.

Did i make a wrong turn is this still the Blades forum ?

twentyone
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Should be an interesting week. I think I am one of very few people that think the Blades don’t have to do too much. Let’s all keep in mind that this Blades team has not had their full intended lineup intact yet this year. Other than the game against PA on 29th and in Regina on the 30th the Blades have looked very good. Even that Loss in PA on the 28th Blades were the much better team. Seimens was the difference in that game and Moodie didn’t make any saves when they needed him to.

For about a month and a half now I think the Blades top 2 lines have shown that they can put the puck in the net. 4 weeks ago I thought the Blades could use a top 6 caliber winger to replace Kambeitz on the 2nd line. This would drop Kambeitz down to the 3rd line along side Sutter and Stovin. But since then Kambeitz has really impressed me and that line of him/walker/stransky has found some nice chemistry. Therefore I am comfortable leaving him in that spot on that line. So with that in mind if Lorne cannot find someone worth replacing Kmabeitz then I would like him to look for a checking line winger to play on 3rd line with Sutter and Stovin(or Zajac). As for the 4th line, I have stated before that this line is not important come tournament time so I would fill it with depth guys that can fill in. So I like Zajac/Revel/Astles.

On Defense I still think they could use a top 4 type Dman (big Shutdown). Thrower, Siemens and Dietz are very capable. But all three of Craig, Gwinner, and Puhful won’t cut it playing top 4 mins (on a mem cup team that is) and against other teams top lines. So if Lorne can find a tuff shutdown Dman to play with Dietz would be dynamite. That would leave Craig, Gwinner and Puhful to split time as the 5,6 Dmen.

As for a Back-up goaltender I think Patrick Johnson has played himself into that role. I wouldn’t be willing to give up a whole lot for a older back-up. Save those picks to improve your players and not improving a position that come tournament time won’t even see the ice. If something happened and Makarov got hurt well that’s out of your control and live with Johnson.

So all in all I don’t think the Blades need to do much. I am here to say that they are 2 players away, should be exciting.

Johnny Table
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Should be an interesting week. I think I am one of very few people that think the Blades don’t have to do too much. Let’s all keep in mind that this Blades team has not had their full intended lineup intact yet this year. Other than the game against PA on 29th and in Regina on the 30th the Blades have looked very good. Even that Loss in PA on the 28th Blades were the much better team. Seimens was the difference in that game and Moodie didn’t make any saves when they needed him to.

For about a month and a half now I think the Blades top 2 lines have shown that they can put the puck in the net. 4 weeks ago I thought the Blades could use a top 6 caliber winger to replace Kambeitz on the 2nd line. This would drop Kambeitz down to the 3rd line along side Sutter and Stovin. But since then Kambeitz has really impressed me and that line of him/walker/stransky has found some nice chemistry. Therefore I am comfortable leaving him in that spot on that line. So with that in mind if Lorne cannot find someone worth replacing Kmabeitz then I would like him to look for a checking line winger to play on 3rd line with Sutter and Stovin(or Zajac). As for the 4th line, I have stated before that this line is not important come tournament time so I would fill it with depth guys that can fill in. So I like Zajac/Revel/Astles.

On Defense I still think they could use a top 4 type Dman (big Shutdown). Thrower, Siemens and Dietz are very capable. But all three of Craig, Gwinner, and Puhful won’t cut it playing top 4 mins (on a mem cup team that is) and against other teams top lines. So if Lorne can find a tuff shutdown Dman to play with Dietz would be dynamite. That would leave Craig, Gwinner and Puhful to split time as the 5,6 Dmen.

As for a Back-up goaltender I think Patrick Johnson has played himself into that role. I wouldn’t be willing to give up a whole lot for a older back-up. Save those picks to improve your players and not improving a position that come tournament time won’t even see the ice. If something happened and Makarov got hurt well that’s out of your control and live with Johnson.

So all in all I don’t think the Blades need to do much. I am here to say that they are 2 players away, should be exciting.

Patrick Johnson will not be on this team. he will be sent back down.

witness
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
My feeling is that Kambeitz could be upgraded. But, the trading partners are limited. On a real good team (which the Blades should be) he would be a 3rd liner at best. I think Blades fan should park the Ferland idea. Way too expensive and not a real complementry player.

If I were a Blade fan my wish list would include Lowry and Scarlett from SC or Foiretti from MJ. Maybe even Leier from MH. Would add some scoring depth.

This is do or die time. Do the Blades try to fix their room chemistry and tweak the lineup with a little depth? Or do the blow the thing up and make major deals?

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Patrick Johnson will not be on this team. he will be sent back down.

Yes we all understand your huge hate for Patrick Johnson you made that clear last week fact is he has been better than Moodie and the team seems more comfertable with Patty Johnson between the pipes i say he sticks over Moodie

mjw22
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Yes we all understand your huge hate for Patrick Johnson you made that clear last week fact is he has been better than Moodie and the team seems more comfertable with Patty Johnson between the pipes i say he sticks over Moodie

better listen LS. JOHNNY is coach dont ya know lol Well I phoned the league office this morning to find out about the trade deadline. Well JT YOU are WRONG the leagues GM's set the deadline.HC has nothing to do with it. Like I said do some research :p

patsdude114
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
better listen LS. JOHNNY is coach dont ya know lol Well I phoned the league office this morning to find out about the trade deadline. Well JT YOU are WRONG the leagues GM's set the deadline.HC has nothing to do with it. Like I said do some research :p

hehe how did i know u would do this :clap:

anyways cant wait for trades to start trickling in soon im curious to what the blades will do & im sure my pats will make a small deal as well as we have a big roster still & will prob take alittle depth or picks for a 19yr old but who knows..... time is running out & i love it

Johnny Table
01-07-2013, 12:24 PM

yup every single GM in JR hockey weather its whl,BCHL,OJHL all magically choose jan 10 th. As for Johnso he is not a Major jr goalie. he will be sent back and the blades will go with Makarov and whoever they get on the 10th. I know I am write and that is the last I will talk about it.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
yup every single GM in JR hockey weather its whl,BCHL,OJHL all magically choose jan 10 th. As for Johnso he is not a Major jr goalie. he will be sent back and the blades will go with Makarov and whoever they get on the 10th. I know I am write and that is the last I will talk about it.

Well if it means anything your opinion is garbage lol Johnson is a better goalie right now than Moodie is facts are facts and so are stats have seen Johnsons rebound control compared to Moodies not even in the same ball park they may still look for a backup but if they dont Moodie is good as gone in my opinion

Now Johnny it is time for you to leave you are making a fool out of yourself

mjw22
01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Now Johnny it is time for you to leave you are making a fool out of yourself

Bye Johnny like you would know more than the guy at the WHL office. :D:D:D

twentyone
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
On a side note Greibel has impressed me as a call up. He has not looked out of place at all. He is smaller but has shown he can play at this level. Remember back in Nov. Trav mentioned Lorne never looks at kids in Junior A and i responded with a list of former Blades that came from junior A. well add Greibel to the list as well.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
On a side note Greibel has impressed me as a call up. He has not looked out of place at all. He is smaller but has shown he can play at this level. Remember back in Nov. Trav mentioned Lorne never looks at kids in Junior A and i responded with a list of former Blades that came from junior A. well add Greibel to the list as well.

dont remember ever seeing a griebel i seen a geibel lol but oh well he Johnson and Elliott have just been sent back down to the SJHL

Trav
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
dont remember ever seeing a griebel i seen a geibel lol but oh well he Johnson and Elliott have just been sent back down to the SJHL

Wrong guys sent down in my opinion. Graham should be playing junior A, better for his development. Moodie should be gone.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Lorne Molleken just told Stoon media that Schmidt will be assigned to Battlefords of the SJHL when he receives medical clearance.

You heard it here first

Mellow Yellow69
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Jt sure showed lordstanley lol he was bang on about johnson... In saskatoons case they need to do somethin at the deadline....edm, cgy, kamloops,portland, maybe p.a and maybe kelowna are all better than stoon and thats after stoon made 4 or 5 significant trades early in the year/summer... Ive never seen a mem cup host team have to make so many early season deals
In order to be an average/above average team
n then still need to make deals at the deadline to be a respectable host. And yes you can say bdn got embarassed in mem cup final but they lost to a team who A. Got caught cheating the year they won in bdn and are paying for it dearly(in some sports their chanpionship would have been revoked) and B. pretend the werent cheatinh, that was the most stacked team in the past couple decades, bdn chose a bad year to host haha ... Im not sayin sask wont turn it around, on paper they are solid, but i think 1 or 2 more guys are needed to beat a team like edm

Trav
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Lorne Molleken just told Stoon media that Schmidt will be assigned to Battlefords of the SJHL when he receives medical clearance.

You heard it here first

Actually, it was already on Les's twitter, that and the other moves they made today.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Actually, it was already on Les's twitter, that and the other moves they made today.

Im the 1 that told Les trav where do you think Les gets his news from ? :groovy::groovy::groovy::D:D:groovy:

Trav
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Im the 1 that told Les trav where do you think Les gets his news from ? :groovy::groovy::groovy::D:D:groovy:

Rrrrriiitttteee lol, okay keep telling urself that ;)

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Rrrrriiitttteee lol, okay keep telling urself that ;)

Trav i am the kyprios of this team

mjw22
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM

I agree you spell as well as he talks. :p

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
I agree you spell as well as he talks. :p

Why the need to spell when your a gifted man of Hockey knowledge sources tell me we are gonna win the Memorial Cup but i cant tell the source yet haha

curwie
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM

Well, it does sound like you've taken to many shots to the head I'll give you that.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, it does sound like you've taken to many shots to the head I'll give you that.

God i was having a little fun with that man people take this board to serious at times sarcasim is tough to read i will admit

mjw22
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM

Stevens taken a beating on the other board lol hates being deleted :p

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Stevens taken a beating on the other board lol hates being deleted :p

What other board is this that you speak of ? be sweet if there was another 1 to check out

mjw22
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
What other board is this that you speak of ? be sweet if there was another 1 to check out

lol you know where it is . :p

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
lol you know where it is . :p

Seriously i do not man be nice to have another option though even though i enjoy this site and have for over 5 years now

mjw22
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Seriously i do not man be nice to have another option though even though i enjoy this site and have for over 5 years now

so what did you do to get banned over on the message board lol

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Well i do have to say this was strange but back to the topic at hand trade deadline is only 3 days away and all is quiet on the Injury front we seem to be finally healthy besides Astles and Makarov will start this Friday Lorne says

mjw22
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Well i do have to say this was strange but back to the topic at hand trade deadline is only 3 days away and all is quiet on the Injury front we seem to be finally healthy besides Astles and Makarov will start this Friday Lorne says

berwyns waiting for an answer over there

curwie
01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
God i was having a little fun with that man people take this board to serious at times sarcasim is tough to read i will admit

Why would you just assume I wasn't having a little fun back? :cool: Don't get your panties in a knot junior.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Why would you just assume I wasn't having a little fun back? :cool: Don't get your panties in a knot junior.

touche calling a 30 year old junior is good i have to admit were all having fun i suppose :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy:

curwie
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
:thumb:
touche calling a 30 year old junior is good i have to admit were all having fun i suppose :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy:

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM

Broncos about to make a move per shawn mullin twitter be sweet if it was lowry to the blades anyways they are up to something

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I think what the announcement will be is Swift Current has a new Bronco radio call in show Monday nights

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Turns out Swifty did make a deal but a deal to improve Merkley from LH for Derko and a pick

sbtatter
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I think what the announcement will be is Swift Current has a new Bronco radio call in show Monday nights

Or it could be announcing they just captured the russian thistle blowing through speedy creek;)

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Or it could be announcing they just captured the russian thistle blowing through speedy creek;)

Turns out Swifty did make a deal but a deal to improve Merkley from LH for Derko and a pickso they get younger and better

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Broncos gave up a third rounder 2014 and Derko for Merkley they get younger and better Merkley is a skilled kid and will be good now Swifty has 7 19 year olds left

BigCat20
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Maybe leth was looking for grit! We prob could help them out........grit for scoring! Make a deal Lorne.

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Maybe leth was looking for grit! We prob could help them out........grit for scoring! Make a deal Lorne.

Lorne is waiting and waiting and waiting and oh waitingggggggggg

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Mark Lamb said on the Swift Current radio show that Lowry is off the table they want to add if anything so with that said

Blades are screwed Lowry off the table Rielly off the table Ferland probably off the table there is no premere stars to trade for this year

qrdsk
01-07-2013, 07:57 PM
darn i was hoping for lowry

Hockeyfantastic
01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
darn i was hoping for lowry

all your team would have to do is make Lamb an offer he cannot refuse

sbtatter
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Ferlands available for the season if Grandpa wants to pay the right price

lordstanley
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Ferlands available for the season if Grandpa wants to pay the right price

Thing is now with the lockout ending maybe the Flames want Ferland back in the AHL again not sure i would even want Ferland anyways the more i think about it so no thanx Grandpa KM lol

patsdude114
01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Ya I haven't heard anything about the ferland case now, it would make sense that the flames would want him back now due to spots opening up in the AHL for him to finally play.

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 08:53 AM
KM was quoted by the Brandon Sun as saying the NHL resuming does not affect Ferland's status for the rest of the season.

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Ferland's Last Stand
It could be a final farewell for forward Michael Ferland on Tuesday night when the Brandon Wheat Kings host the Calgary Hitmen (7:05 p.m., Westman Communications Group Place).

Ferland is expected to return to the Brandon lineup after missing three games with an upper body injury and could, quite likely, be playing his final game in a Wheat Kings' uniform.

The 20-year old is a prime candidate to be moved by the Wheat Kings prior to Thursday's Western Hockey League trade deadline.

"Been thinking about it a lot lately," said Ferland after participating fully in Brandon's practice on Monday, "It's something that happens in this business. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it."

Ferland's name has been out on the WHL trade market virtually from the time in became apparent he was returning to the junior ranks from the AHL's Abbotsford Heat on Boxing Day.

However, that doesn't mean the Brandon product is trying to force his way off a team that is 14-24-2-2 this season and eight points out of a playoff spot in the WHL's Eastern Conference.

"I'm just kind of 50-50 with it. I'd love to stay here and just be a part of the Brandon Wheat Kings. I started my career here and I'd love to finish it off here," said Ferland, "But, there's another part of me that wants to do what's best for my career and I think going to a Memorial Cup team or a contending team would be the best thing for me right now after leaving pro."

Ferland seems to be genuinely split on his future, considering he's a young man that grew up in Brandon and spent many days on the outdoor rinks in the Wheat City dreaming of playing for the Wheat Kings.

"I'm not going to be upset either way," said Ferland, "If nothing happens and after trade deadline I'm still here, I'm not going to hang my head. I'm just going to be a leader on and off the ice for the young guys here and help them as much as I can for the rest of the season."

The Western Hockey League trade deadline is 4:00 p.m. on Thursday afternoon.

Meanwhile, the Wheat Kings will welcome leading scorer Alessio Bertaggia back to their lineup on Tuesday night.

Bertaggia has missed the last ten games while playing for Switzerland at the World Junior Hockey Championship.

Bertaggia had two goals and four points in six games at the World Juniors, helping the Swiss to a sixth-place finish.

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Well that settles that then wont effect the Blades much seeing as EDM GM came right out in there newspaper saying they are persueing ferland hard

I really think the Blades may stand Pat this deadline only positive is at least we are finally healthy and have every back for camps and ready to go for Fridays game first time having a full lineup in ages for this team

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Well that settles that then wont effect the Blades much seeing as EDM GM came right out in there newspaper saying they are persueing ferland hard

I really think the Blades may stand Pat this deadline only positive is at least we are finally healthy and have every back for camps and ready to go for Fridays game first time having a full lineup in ages for this team

Will Astles be back this season? I felt sorry for him in "road to the mem cup" show #2

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Will Astles be back this season? I felt sorry for him in "road to the mem cup" show #2

He is a great guy in the dressing room and 1 of the tougher fighters in the league right now he is 2.5-3 months away still not sure how he will be when he comes back seeing his wrist was slashed up and that is his bread and butter when it comes to fighting such a freak incident that was

patsdude114
01-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Ya his wrist was a lot worse then Jobke's was & in a way funny thing about it both players got there wrists slashed by a skate during the same line brawl in stoon. Like seriously what r the odds of that happening.

As for ferland I was hoping hed end up out west somewhere (which maay still happen never know til its all said & done) he would definately put EDM over the top in talent even though hed still be a 2nd liner on that team. Just shows how much depth they truely have.

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Ya his wrist was a lot worse then Jobke's was & in a way funny thing about it both players got there wrists slashed by a skate during the same line brawl in stoon. Like seriously what r the odds of that happening.

As for ferland I was hoping hed end up out west somewhere (which maay still happen never know til its all said & done) he would definately put EDM over the top in talent even though hed still be a 2nd liner on that team. Just shows how much depth they truely have.

Ferland would make Edm a bigger tougher team which they weren't lacking anyway!

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 01:00 PM
If we are not gonna land a big fish this tear there is still a few guys that could help this team such as

Jaeger Dirk
Sam Fioretti
Corbin Boes
Josh Winquist
Colin Jacobs
Alex Forsberg
Cain Franson
Jessee Forsberg
Eric Roy
Ryan Murray **

Trav
01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I think the big problem Molleken mite be having is players that other teams want can block a trade, it's happened b4 in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if it's happening now.

He mite just have to hope that teams will take picks for their players.

wango tango
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I think the big problem Molleken mite be having is players that other teams want can block a trade, it's happened b4 in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if it's happening now.

^^^^ see nogier, graham, and revel. all three would have education contracts and their family has to give permission for a deal to happen.

patsdude114
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
^^^^ see nogier, graham, and revel. all three would have education contracts and their family has to give permission for a deal to happen.

yep at times it can be very tough to trade a 16 &/or 17yr olds due to these education contracts which is why u hardly see any of this age group being dealt during the season... they are fair game once school is out but once school starts its up to the family to ok a trade to uproot them out of school & going to a new school which can put them behind due to different school outlooks

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Brandon has just released 20 year old Ryley Miller and are now down to 3 20 year olds maybe they will keep Ferland lol

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Brandon has just released 20 year old Ryley Miller and are now down to 3 20 year olds maybe they will keep Ferland lol

Releasing Miller is not connected to making room for Ferland

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM

You never know but i heard rumors yesterday that when the Hitmen traded for Zaggregen from victoria they may trade humphries for ferland that way the Flames can keep a close eye on Ferland as well

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Glad to be proven correct! From Luber......

GM Kelly McCrimmon on Miller release "We made the move based on the fact that we felt it was in the best interest of our hockey team." McCrimmon added "It's an independant decision. I don't know if it's meaningful in predicting what we may or may not do prior to Thursday."

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Glad to be proven correct! From Luber......

GM Kelly McCrimmon on Miller release "We made the move based on the fact that we felt it was in the best interest of our hockey team." McCrimmon added "It's an independant decision. I don't know if it's meaningful in predicting what we may or may not do prior to Thursday."

It will be interesting to see what happens with Ferland all i know is the WHL is a lot quieter than the OHL and QMJHL has been but that is normal really

patsdude114
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM

i cant believe it took til Jan 8th to release Miller to begin with.... U gotta think when they do trade Ferland as long as its not to EDM they will be getting a 20yr old back in return who will be better then Miller to begin with as i think every 20yr old in the league is better then Miller ( & yes thats a huge knock on Miller)

sbtatter
01-08-2013, 06:19 PM
i cant believe it took til Jan 8th to release Miller to begin with.... U gotta think when they do trade Ferland as long as its not to EDM they will be getting a 20yr old back in return who will be better then Miller to begin with as i think every 20yr old in the league is better then Miller ( & yes thats a huge knock on Miller)

He'll be a good player for an MJ or AJ team that wants some toughness, but they better make sure they have a good PK because he can take some questionable penalties...

Kerry Clark
01-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd say that the deadline is going to be rather disappointing.

This was a decent team that had to make all the right trades and Lorne went and made ho-hum deals for Walker, Burns and Kambietz.

Now unless Portland or MH have bouts of insanity and give up Rattie or Shinkaruk for whatever picks Lorne has this team won't have the fire power.

It's also baffling that Thrower and Sutter threw up turd seasons in a memorial cup year.

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 07:29 PM

This was a decent team that had to make all the right trades and Lorne went and made ho-hum deals for Walker, Burns and Kambietz.

Now unless Portland or MH have bouts of insanity and give up Rattie or Shinkaruk for whatever picks Lorne has this team won't have the fire power.

It's also baffling that Thrower and Sutter threw up turd seasons in a memorial cup year.

I gareee LORE MADE HIS BED NOW HE HAS TO SLEEP WITH IT yes we have a decent team to make roubd 2 but get smoked in round 2 vs EDM

mjw22
01-08-2013, 07:29 PM

Ferland dressed against Calgary .Normally if youre dealing a guy you dont dress him against that team. Maybe Lorne is going to send a OA and the farm to KM.

lordstanley
01-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Ferland dressed against Calgary .Normally if youre dealing a guy you dont dress him against that team. Maybe Lorne is going to send a OA and the farm to KM.

Or maybe mjw22 needs to go to bed lol:p

mjw22
01-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Or maybe mjw22 needs to go to bed lol:p

Or maybe your team is 4 players away from getting out of round 2 :p

Stag
01-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Does anybody think Lorne would move Burns? I know he suffered a recent concussion, but between him, Sutter and Thrower, I'm not sure who is more disappointing?

Bighat
01-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Round 1. :eek: kidding toon is going to make moves they have too, Lorne has to give the team a legit shot to win.

twentyone
01-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Does anybody think Lorne would move Burns? I know he suffered a recent concussion, but between him, Sutter and Thrower, I'm not sure who is more disappointing?

Not sure what you expected from Burns, he wasn't brought in to score goals. He may not be putting the puck in the net but what ever he brings has helped Nichols and McColgan. That line has been great. yes Lorne overpaid for the guy but let's be honest he was desperate to get something going. burns has been a valuable addition to this team. As for sutter and thrower it happens all the time guys struggle after they get drafted. I think Thrower has played better of late. Sutter hasn't had anyone to play with but that said he needs to be much better.

Stag
01-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Not sure what you expected from Burns, he wasn't brought in to score goals. He may not be putting the puck in the net but what ever he brings has helped Nichols and McColgan. That line has been great. yes Lorne overpaid for the guy but let's be honest he was desperate to get something going. burns has been a valuable addition to this team. As for sutter and thrower it happens all the time guys struggle after they get drafted. I think Thrower has played better of late. Sutter hasn't had anyone to play with but that said he needs to be much better.

Pretty good answer. I look up and down the line up to see what Lorne might see with regard to player movement and just not sure what he gives up in order to make this team better?

lordstanley
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Edmonton Oil Kings filled up their last 20 year old spot they traded for Terver Cheek from Vancouver Giants so now they wont be trading for Ferland my guess is KM is asking for a dumb rediculous amount for Ferland

patsdude114
01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Edmonton Oil Kings filled up their last 20 year old spot they traded for Terver Cheek from Vancouver Giants so now they wont be trading for Ferland my guess is KM is asking for a dumb rediculous amount for Ferland

I fully agree with u there LS, KM is definately asking for a kings randsom & a 20yr old is not worth that at all.

Mellow Yellow69
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I agree km may be asking too much but look at past deals, kambeitz is a 20, as is walker, as was dIurzynski and look what those teams
Received, so are teams now learning from other gms mistakes? Another thing i find funny is that the star 19 year olds who are dealt year in amd year out for a kings ransom are basically 20's, theres almost no chance of them coming back so really whats the difference. Teams will give up a tonne for a 19 year old who wont come back next year but refuse to for a 20? Somr examples are schenn, sundher, edmundson this year, those type of players who are either drafted high And/or signed are not coming back as 20's. i just always found that weird, but with that bein said KM needs to take what he can get as ferland was never even on this team this year, playoffs are outta the picture, so can anyone tell me what the point is of hangin onto him for 3 months when you are rebuilding. If hes asking for 2 young stars and a pick, and teams only wanna part with one star young guy and a pick then why not take it, there will be alot of regret when that young guys is lighting up the league for the next 4 years and you(the gm) let him go out of pure stubborness.

twentyone
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Ferland will be traded. KM is probably asking a kings ransom but when it comes to tomorrow he will take what he can get. He is too smart of a GM. Could be a quite trade deadline tomorrow. Too many teams want to improve their team and the asking prices have gone to high.

lordstanley
01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Well it is very quiet 24 hours before the deadline i will sleep easy tonight knowing that a deal may not happen Lorne Molleken has been quoted saying this today

#Blades HC/GM Molleken: "Some of the offers we’ve put out there, teams have decided to hang onto their players...

...Right now, we’re trying to find a dance partner."

Molleken said he was happy with the team's OA situation. Also added: "There are some quality 20-year-olds out there.

... There’s no denying that. But do we want to mix with that chemistry right now? Because they’ve all started to play extremely well."

This is all via Daniel Nugent-Bowman ‏@DNBsports Twitter

patsdude114
01-09-2013, 05:31 PM
the thing with the WHL compared to the OHL or QMJHL is that the WHL are always out for themselves instead of for the league... the OHL is a prime example of a league where teams are out for the league 1st not themselves, they care more about having the Memorial Cup being crowned in the OHL (same can be said for the QMJHL) the WHL is a more selfish league with the mentality of "if its not us hosting the memorial cup it wont be u either unless u pay up"

patsdude114
01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Looks like a 20yr old spot has opened up again in Kelowna with Chapman calling it a career due to aan ongoing ankle injury thaat has bothered him since training camp.

Brandon fans can get excited again as maybe Ferland laands there now lol, but they may want a Dman as well to fill the minutes that Chapman logged, & no that doesn't mean Miller lol

lordstanley
01-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Looks like a 20yr old spot has opened up again in Kelowna with Chapman calling it a career due to aan ongoing ankle injury thaat has bothered him since training camp.

Brandon fans can get excited again as maybe Ferland laands there now lol, but they may want a Dman as well to fill the minutes that Chapman logged, & no that doesn't mean Miller lol

RD has a 20 opening as well so maybe there

sbtatter
01-09-2013, 06:29 PM

I think they still have 3 twenties on their roster, barnett, fowlie and mcginlay?

Trav
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM
the thing with the WHL compared to the OHL or QMJHL is that the WHL are always out for themselves instead of for the league... the OHL is a prime example of a league where teams are out for the league 1st not themselves, they care more about having the Memorial Cup being crowned in the OHL (same can be said for the QMJHL) the WHL is a more selfish league with the mentality of "if its not us hosting the memorial cup it wont be u either unless u pay up"

Totally agree. I'd rather see the WHL stack the host teams like the other leagues do rather then try and screw each the host teams over.

patsdude114
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
I think they still have 3 twenties on their roster, barnett, fowlie and mcginlay?

yep ur right, i just read it on the whl site on the mobile app & didnt look at there roster on my phone

Bighat
01-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Totally disagree this is a business and the owners of the teams owe it to us fans to put the best team on the ice. Just cause team x is hosting lets just give them joe stud for f all. No thanx we hosted in 2001 and had to shelf years of success just to have a shot to win, I'm sorry but no other sport or leagues do this except maybe the cfl with Toronto this year. Hey Atlanta is hosting the Super Bowl lets load them up so they sell out every game and they win and everyone is happy. When you make your bid you should be ready to ice the best team you can afford.

lordstanley
01-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I have had a weird feeling Ferland would be traded to the Hitmen for Spencer Humphries and a pick not sure if it will happen but the Hitemn only dressed 2 20 year olds tonight and 20 year old Humphries is a healthy scratch

qrdsk
01-09-2013, 08:25 PM
I fall somewhere in between in that I don't think we have to give superstars for nothing and truly stack a team but sometimes the price of three months is too high. My thoughts are that you have to plan ahead with the team and get assets that help in the memorial cup year (or can be used in trades) starting when you are determined be hosts. Lorne did an awful job of that and withthe teams play to date increasing the cost of improvements- it makes it hard. At the end of postseason Lorne said we need 10 to 12 top end players to compete for mem cup and he said they had the assets to do that. So far Lorne moves have been disappointing- he has developed depth and forgot about line 1. Trade deadline is tomorrow and I hope Lorne is just playing chicken and he has to flinch.

Kerry Clark
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Ferland will be traded. KM is probably asking a kings ransom but when it comes to tomorrow he will take what he can get. He is too smart of a GM. Could be a quite trade deadline tomorrow. Too many teams want to improve their team and the asking prices have gone to high.

Actually KM sucks like Molleken. Their host year they had a really good team but KM wouldn't pull the trigger for Eberle or a guy like that to win it and then his teams preceded to be junk afterwards anyways. The WHL was embarrassed that year much like it will be again. (Unless Edmonton pulls nice deals tomorrow to really stack up)

qrdsk
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Actually KM sucks like Molleken. Their host year they had a really good team but KM wouldn't pull the trigger for Eberle or a guy like that to win it and then his teams preceded to be junk afterwards anyways. The WHL was embarrassed that year much like it will be again. (Unless Edmonton pulls nice deals tomorrow to really stack up)

Don't forget about Portland, they should be ok.

Rye
01-09-2013, 09:57 PM

I'm not saying you're wrong because we don't know 100% fact but I remember hearing that Eberle told management he wished to finish his junior career as a Regina Pat.

Bighat
01-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I think the offer wasn't good enough it was just draft picks no prospects, if making a deal for a high end player you want youth back, picks are just picks some work out and some don't no guarantees.

sbtatter
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM

I think the WHL was just fine, apart from the fact it turns out Windsor had cheated and were an illegal team. You could have taken the best of Moncton, bdn and Cgy and still not beaten Windsor. Both dub teams were able to beat Moncton no problem. KM tried to get Eberle and Teubert, but Regina were fixated on making them career players, so no dice.
Now last season, KM sucked, no argument!

Mellow Yellow69
01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Teubert and eberle wanted to stay in their home town, the offer was stome(before he was real good), glennie as a fututr the following summer, melnychuk, walker and a pick, mcrimmon tried lol

patsdude114
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Teubert and eberle wanted to stay in their home town, the offer was stome(before he was real good), glennie as a fututr the following summer, melnychuk, walker and a pick, mcrimmon tried lol

haha thats funny cuz Parker flat out said the only way he was making the deal was if Stone was part of the deal & KM wasnt willing to budge on Stone, but nice try coming from a someone who knows nothing & is just flapping his mouth off to whoever will listen lmao

lordstanley
01-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Okay so 6 hours left before the deadline and i am saying if we do not make a deal we will not win the Memorial Cup we will not win the league and heck not even make it out of round 2 Blades are simply just not good enough with this roster 3 games above 500% Lorne has to know this yikes

wango tango
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Okay so 6 hours left before the deadline and i am saying if we do not make a deal we will not win the Memorial Cup we will not win the league and heck not even make it out of round 2 Blades are simply just not good enough with this roster 3 games above 500% Lorne has to know this yikes

so many moving parts in a whl trade. and a player with an education contract only adds to the complications.

i have no doubt molleken is and has been trying very hard to make deals to improve the team.

Bladesguy
01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Just read something on twitter that said blades will be adding a new 20 yr old.....

curwie
01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Just read something on twitter that said blades will be adding a new 20 yr old.....

Mixed emotions on this one. I'm happy with Kambeitz, Walker, and Nichols, but we really don't have much of a choice but to get better.

Advocator
01-10-2013, 11:03 AM

What did you read? I think the current 20 year olds remain the same.

curwie
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
What did you read? I think the current 20 year olds remain the same.

It's a rumor so far. Time will tell.

Trav
01-10-2013, 11:11 AM
The only 20 that the Blades would probably go after would be Ferland but his price tag is sky high as usual. Ranford would be nice but the Blazers are contending in the west.

Players I wouldn't mind seeing on the Blades after 4pm today would be Winquist, A. Forsberg and Fiddler. Taking a gamble on Murray would be good to.

Advocator
01-10-2013, 11:13 AM
It's a rumor so far. Time will tell.

I see the tweet you are referring to by WesternEliteHockeyPr. I'm not buying it but you are right, we'll see. Maybe Leier will come home.

Advocator
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
The only 20 that the Blades would probably go after would be Ferland but his price tag is sky high as usual. Ranford would be nice but the Blazers are contending in the west.

Players I wouldn't mind seeing on the Blades after 4pm today would be Winquist, A. Forsberg and Fiddler. Taking a gamble on Murray would be good to.

Winquist is a possibility.

Stag
01-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Ryan Pulock to Blades????

Stag
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Probably BS, but a Manitoba friend said he's heard Shane McColgan & Zajak for Pulock

lordstanley
01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Probably BS, but a Manitoba friend said he's heard Shane McColgan & Zajak for Pulock

That is such horse **** BS it isnt even funny

sbtatter
01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
That is such horse **** BS it isnt even funny

How fast could Lorne sign off on that!

lordstanley
01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Blades management entrenched in meetings at Credit Union Centre as WHL trade deadline approaches. Hold on to your hats

From the writer of the star phoenix via twitter

Kerry Clark
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Ha ha like Lorne would ever land a deal like that. (I kind of wish WHL GMs would get schemey like O and Q gms do.