PDA

View Full Version : Blades 2012/2013 second half

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

mjw22
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Mods this guy needs a holiday he offers nothing hockey wise to the board .:p

lordstanley
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Darn Tigers winning tonight so we would be 4 points out of 7th but still 5th in winning percentage

lordstanley
01-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Okay no to worry Tigers lost so the Blades are 2 points back of them for 7th with 4 games in hand

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Too bad the Raiders had to score with 1 second left on the clock to force OT and eventually win the game! Blades would`ve had 2 games in hand and 9 pts back and a decent chance to catch them. Should be interesting last third of the season.:clap::groovy:

I wasn,teven looking at catching PA anyways the Blades made there own bed with a ****ty 2-7 start now they have to sleep in it still not bad since the trade deadline with a 3-3-2 record lmao

Mellow Yellow69
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah good point western elite, i agree

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah good point western elite, i agree

Hey Mellow you have never had a good point now carry on

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
MJW22 has no hockey knowledge and the Blades should be able to make some major noise this year.

Agree?

And i hope so but a elite team does not go 3-3-2 since the trade deadline we are not a true force yet but maybe we need 2 more months to gel lol

Rebelsfan13
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
And i hope so but a elite team does not go 3-3-2 since the trade deadline we are not a true force yet but maybe we need 2 more months to gel lol

Stranger things have happened. I remember being at the Mem Cup which Red Deer won and that year Regina exited the playoffs early. They were very solid in the tournament and actually beat Red Deer in the round robin. They ended up losing in the semis but all you need to do is get hot and who knows what can happen in the tournament.

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
The Saskatoon Blades are 3-1-2 in the past 6 games. The defensive zone play has gotten remarkably better. They have been outshooting teams but ridiculous amounts. They just have to start to bury the chances which when it comes, should come in bunches!

21 goals allowed in the past 8. I said a couple weeks back it has to start with defence and it looks like that is where they started. Smart move by the coaches!:clap:

I want this team to win just as much as the next blade fan but really in those last 6 games you pointed out 3-1-2 they are really 3-3 lost twice in shootouts and this teams offense just seems to have no finish around the net i really hope this changes and they catch on fire

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
I don't really count SO losses as true losses. OT losses, yes, those are losses!

Well either way 3 wins in the past 6 games is a 500% club and as a memorial cup host after the trading deadline that is unextable and needs to change and if they lose tonight i lose all hope almost in this team

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Actually they are .667 in the past 6 games which is a clip that is very acceptable! 8 points out of a possible 12 points! If they played at that pace for the rest of the season, they would gain another 32 points and finish with 83 points for the season. Once again, acceptable!:clap::groovy:

They are a team that is on pace for 34ish wins at the start of the season most fans would think 50 wins would be acceptable for a memorial cup host this is a far cry from that

Like i said before i want this team to turn it around more than the next guy but i am also a realist

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
How come MJW22 hasn't come on to say how the Blades are playing a midget AAA team tonight? Does having Ryan Pulock and Buonassissi make them AAA tonight?

No whl team should ever be compared to a midget tripple a team specially teams like mj and bra with pulock and rielly on them fact is anyone can beat anyone any given night in the whl case and point koot beat edm 3 times this year and mj over sc last weekend

BigCat20
01-30-2013, 08:33 PM
And as he says that, the Blades dominate in 2nd period. What has happened to Sutter.....6 game goal streak extended tonight! Great to see, don't know what he's been doing, hope he keeps it up.

blades
01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
I think a healthy Brett Stovin has a lot to do with the increase in Sutters offensive production.

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Blades with another win now sit in 7th all by themselves good game by sutter again 6 game goal streak and huge game by makarov stopping 38 out of 39 wheatie shots

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Darn swifty oh well 5-1 score tonight is flattering that was not a 5-1 type of game in fact brandon had alot of chances in close and makarov was solid and Honey was brutal for the wheaties goaltending played a huge factor

blades
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Whl website says Honey was 3rd star!?

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Blades did what they had to do which was win against a subpar team on the road. They took it to them very badly at times and that was the difference. The 3rd period, they just had to sit on the lead and do nothing fancy. As I keep mentioning, this team is really turning it on!:clap::groovy::clap::clap::groovy::clap::groovy ::clap::groovy:

Thing is our asst coach in the postgame said he was not overlly happy with the effort and makarov was the reason why we escaped with 2 points i thought we looked a little better than that though

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Honestly though i am not really that excited this is brandon we are talking about sc and cal this weekend are true tests

lordstanley
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
No, it was nothing to get excited about at all. It was a must win game though, most definite.

For sure huge win lets hope they sweep this weekend now

Mellow Yellow69
01-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Lord stanley is certainly the realist out of the two brothers... 7-2?!? Lol markarov played spectacular, looked real good, 5-1 was flattering no doubt but they gotter done

Western Elite
01-31-2013, 09:50 AM
The Saskatoon Blades seemingly are on the upward swing in regards to the standings now. They have gone 4-1-2 in the past 7 games which translates in to a .714 win percentage. If they played .714 hockey for the remainder of the season, they would finish with 86 points which would be close to another division title!:groovy:

lordstanley
01-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Blades are getting alot of depth the past 2 games as all 4 lines have scored in each game i still think the nicholls line is a liability at times they are always caught in the offensive zone and 3 on 2 chances the other way

lordstanley
01-31-2013, 08:17 PM
I just want to say it is nice to have the Blades forum back to normal the past few days without you know who here lol big sigh of relief

mjw22
01-31-2013, 08:21 PM
I just want to say it is nice to have the Blades forum back to normal the past few days without you know who here lol big sigh of relief

:p I'll wait until you actually play some top teams .

lordstanley
01-31-2013, 10:33 PM
So guys Koot lost vs RD tonight so we are 5 up on them for the final playoffs spot with 3 games in hand say we win 2 of those that is 9 up not so sure we need to be worrying about the playoffs but better yet not to be playing edmonton the first round and move up a bit

Western Elite
02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Does it matter? Follow the rules and it won't happen to you, plain and simple really.:)

lordstanley
02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Big month ahead and big next 4 games if the Blades are even thinking about catching PA we have 2 games in hand on them we make 1 of them up tonight PA has calgary tomorrow we have sc tomorrow pa has edmonton next tuesday we have mj then we play pa next wednesday be nice by the time we play PA to have the 1 game in hand still and be only 3 points back when we play them

blades
02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
There is alot of ifs in there. By no means is it unrealistic though. Boy it would sure be nice to be playing PA in a weeks time with a chance to be 1 point behind them.

lordstanley
02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
There is alot of ifs in there. By no means is it unrealistic though. Boy it would sure be nice to be playing PA in a weeks time with a chance to be 1 point behind them.

Oh i agree second seed would be huge PA has edm and cal in there next 2 games no reason to think they wont win either we play 3 times before we meet them we play sc cal and mj 2 wins at the very least would be nice even if we do finish behind pa at the end i hope we get the 7th seed i think we could take them in the first round

lordstanley
02-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Oh i agree second seed would be huge PA has edm and cal in there next 2 games no reason to think they wont win either we play 3 times before we meet them we play sc cal and mj 2 wins at the very least would be nice even if we do finish behind pa at the end i hope we get the 7th seed i think we could take them in the first round

And i just want to point point out that is no slight towards PA at all they have a very good team and have turned a great corner i for 1 am glad to see them doing better

lordstanley
02-01-2013, 09:03 PM
I would like to ask where are the haters ? cause we just beat a good team tonight in fact we hammered calgary twice this year man we are horrible

Western Elite
02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Everyone knows a troll and there are several that usually exist on every single message board there is. You know, I know and we all know who the true is that likes to come show his face on here. The Blades have only allowed 2 goals in 11 periods, entering the 3rd period tonight. Everyone knows that any success the Blades may have has to come from playing a responsible, structure game and I remember saying that a couple weeks ago when they lost those two games after the trade deadline. Now since then, they have been playing that way and with the win tonight will be 5-1-2 in the past 8 games and limiting most shots to the outside which the Blades will give teams all day long.

lordstanley
02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
2 games vs calgary 2-0 11-1 dominance i guess we suck vs good teams eh mjw22 ? i think it just boils down to us finally getting hot watch the **** out lol

Western Elite
02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Very true LS but the thing that worries me a bit about tomorrow's game is that SC really seems to have the Blades number, similar to how the Blades seemingly have the Hitmen number.

Western Elite
02-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Congratulations to Andrej Makarov on breaking the Blades all-time shut-out record in history. With the gooser tonight, Makarov leads the WHL in shut-outs with 6. With those 6 shut-outs, that ties Braden Holtby's record of 6 in a single season. :clap:

Trav
02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Dunno why the Blades didn't play like this at the start of the year, if they had they would be closer to the top of the standings. Score more goals when ur playing organized, attacking and forechecking.

Makarov to me is one of the best goaltenders we've had here in my opinion. When he's on his game he's nearly unbeatable, we've seen it at the World Juniors and we've seen it here.

Ferland, Valcourt and Benoit seem to be settled in now and all three playing well. Hope they keep it up. The battles for 20 yr old spots next year will be quite interesting though rite now I'd go with Benoit, Burns or Valcour and a d-man

lordstanley
02-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Dunno why the Blades didn't play like this at the start of the year, if they had they would be closer to the top of the standings. Score more goals when ur playing organized, attacking and forechecking.

Makarov to me is one of the best goaltenders we've had here in my opinion. When he's on his game he's nearly unbeatable, we've seen it at the World Juniors and we've seen it here.

Ferland, Valcourt and Benoit seem to be settled in now and all three playing well. Hope they keep it up. The battles for 20 yr old spots next year will be quite interesting though rite now I'd go with Benoit, Burns or Valcour and a d-man

Good to have you back man after awhile laying low with success

lordstanley
02-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Good to have you back man after awhile laying low with success

This is the Blades goal to catch the raiders for first in the east i guess the boys gain poins agan lol now 7 back 5 back tomorrow we can only hope

sbtatter
02-02-2013, 09:47 AM

Which are the next best over agers that Bdn could use? As far as Makarov goes, you guys better pray he doesn't get hurt!

lordstanley
02-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Which are the next best over agers that Bdn could use? As far as Makarov goes, you guys better pray he doesn't get hurt!

Oh believe you me i am praying but as good as makarov is he is not the sole reason why this turn around is happening a huge part yes but not the whole reason

lordstanley
02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
I could be wrong but i do know Makki is not first in GAA for save % but he does lead the league in shutouts

blades
02-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Boy did we look good last night. All 4 lines are working now, and we are playing really good at both ends of the ice.
I think they are ready now to go on a real tear for the rest of the year.
I also do think there is any possible way Calgary had 42 shots.

Trav
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
In response to sbatters post...here is all the possible 20's for the Blades next year...and a few other thoughts

Goaltender

Makarov - AHL bound though if by miracle he's back, he'd be a lock.

Defensemen

Siemens, Thrower and Dietz all likely AHL bound though if Thrower or Dietz were back, I'd imagine the Blades would keep one of them.

That leaves Craig and Pufahl as the other 20 yr old candidates, neither one I'd keep at the moment.

Forwards

Astles
Benoit
Burns
McColgan
Valcourt

Stransky - Likely gone to the AHL
Sutter - Also likely gone to the AHL

sbtatter
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
So would this be the rough order of guys to lead a team as a 20 year old?

Burns
Valcourt
Benoit
Craig
McColgan
Astles
Puhfal

I know McColgan is the most skilled but he doesn't appear to be a "team" guy that can lead.
Brandon anxiously awaits 1 or 2 of these guys!

ofhdhdy
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't get how Dietz is -17 when our next worst dman is Craig at -2. Has he been that bad this year? I know people say plus/minus doesn't mean much, but it can be telling when comparing between members of the same team.

blades
02-02-2013, 02:43 PM
hes played games this year paired with every dman we have. he played some big minutes against top lines when thrower was hurt/suspended and we lost quit a few of those games

qrdsk
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
dietz played big minutes in those big losses i think he was minus five or near that in two different games he is good at joining the rush but some times needs to be tougher in our own zone but the big minutes when ee were down men to injuries hurt him.

way to go blades tonight

ofhdhdy
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Well today will help since he went +3 haha.

Quarter Century Fan
02-02-2013, 09:53 PM
From looking at the shots on net and the score it appears the Broncos must have had very little energy tonight? Lowry has been looking a little gassed lately from all of the minutes he's played this season...was that the situation tonight?:o

Mellow Yellow69
02-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Mikey ferrr won 4-1 tonight over swift, with slight assistance from makarov

Trav
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Been impressed with the new guys, even though the Blade gave up to much, least their contributing, well they gave up to much for Ferland and Valcourt, Benoit price tag was just rite.

ofhdhdy
02-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Mikey ferrr won 4-1 tonight over swift, with slight assistance from makarov

Nah.

lordstanley
02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
It appears to me the boys have finally gelled as of late the depth to me is starting to really ware teams down can,t ask for much just want them playing there best hockey near the end of the season :groovy::groovy::D

twentyone
02-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Blades are a very deep team. Every line is contributing. I have been very impressed with Stovin as of late. Adding Valcourt and Benoit at the deadline was huge.

twentyone
02-03-2013, 11:26 PM
It's amazing how quite the trolls are when the blades are winning. Pretty sure you could still type while eating crow

curwie
02-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Blades are a very deep team. Every line is contributing. I have been very impressed with Stovin as of late. Adding Valcourt and Benoit at the deadline was huge.

Fun team to watch right now. Another huge week at home this week and we could really make some noise in the standings.

mjw22
02-04-2013, 01:05 AM
It's amazing how quite the trolls are when the blades are winning. Pretty sure you could still type while eating crow

Why would anyone be eating crow have you won something did we all miss it or what.Dont count your chickens yet .Lose early in the play offs life will bad lose in MC it will be sad and I will remind you every once in awhile :)With Lornes play off record the last 5 years I'd be nervous .13-18 2-4 in series never past round 2

Kerry Clark
02-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Why would anyone be eating crow have you won something did we all miss it or what.Dont count your chickens yet .Lose early in the play offs life will bad lose in MC it will be sad and I will remind you every once in awhile :)With Lornes play off record the last 5 years I'd be nervous .13-18 2-4 in series never past round 2

Funny how he didn't say anything about you but the word troll comes up and you come running to post the same boring things you post every day.

WOW the Blades don't win in the playoffs? thanks Moose Jaw warrior fan.

lordstanley
02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Funny how he didn't say anything about you but the word troll comes up and you come running to post the same boring things you post every day.

WOW the Blades don't win in the playoffs? thanks Moose Jaw warrior fan.

Yes Kerry they have been better lately and are now 4th in winning percentage having home ice in the first round would be huge

Kerry Clark
02-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey stupid Blade fans let me tell you about how your team has won nothing ever.

I as a Moose Jaw Warrior fan am an authority on the subject.

mjw22
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Hey stupid Blade fans let me tell you about how your team has won nothing ever.

I as a Moose Jaw Warrior fan am an authority on the subject.

Playoffs a touchy subject for blade fans . Funny how SOME blade fans can say how crappy another team is but when you point out how bad their team is they sure dont like it. right LS western etc .

Western Elite
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I think with every single team in the Western Hockey League that you have to take each year and weigh it separately. You can't refer back to the Saskatoon Blades of 1992 and say, "they sucked that year and blew it, so they won't win in 2013." Just like you can't compare this years Blades team with last years or the year before. Each year is separate and should be judged as such. Did the Blades get off to a slow start this year? Yes they did. However, they have gotten better and better as the team has jelled and things are looking promising now. Other years, the team was red hot early and lost out before they should. Perhaps this year is different!

They way I see it is that there are the overwhelming favorites with Edmonton in the east along with kelowna and Portland in the west. After that, you can lump in teams like Kamloops, Calgary, Saskatoon and perhaps even Spokane and Prince Albert as all teams who have the potential and ability to knock off one of the top teams.

mjw22
02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
I think with every single team in the Western Hockey League that you have to take each year and weigh it separately. You can't refer back to the Saskatoon Blades of 1992 and say, "they sucked that year and blew it, so they won't win in 2013." Just like you can't compare this years Blades team with last years or the year before. Each year is separate and should be judged as such. Did the Blades get off to a slow start this year? Yes they did. However, they have gotten better and better as the team has jelled and things are looking promising now. Other years, the team was red hot early and lost out before they should. Perhaps this year is different!

They way I see it is that there are the overwhelming favorites with Edmonton in the east along with kelowna and Portland in the west. After that, you can lump in teams like Kamloops, Calgary, Saskatoon and perhaps even Spokane and Prince Albert as all teams who have the potential and ability to knock off one of the top teams.

I dont disagree with that assumption at all. When certain guys start yapping how great your team is and saying some one elses sucks what have you won etc. expect a responce . :)

lordstanley
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM

I agree this is bang on :groovy:

Western Elite
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Makarov is the WHL goalie of the week. He went 3-0-0 with a 0.67 GAA and a .982 save percentage. Makarov also broke the Saskatoon Blades record for career shutouts and shutouts in a season. He also is tied with Portland's Mac Carruth for the league lead in shutouts now with 6!!! He has shutouts in 2 of his past 4 games. :groovy:

I would also like to take the time to congratulate Michael Ferland who put 4-5-9 in his past 4 games. One point off what WHL player of the week Colin Smith put up. Seems like all the pieces are finally coming together!! :clap:

6-1-1 in their past 8 games. They are 4-0-0 and have out-scored the opponents 20-2 in the past 4 games as well. :groovy:

sbtatter
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Makarov is the WHL goalie of the week. He went 3-0-0 with a 0.67 GAA and a .982 save percentage. Makarov also broke the Saskatoon Blades record for career shutouts and shutouts in a season. He also is tied with Portland's Mac Carruth for the league lead in shutouts now with 6!!! He has shutouts in 2 of his past 4 games. :groovy:

I would also like to take the time to congratulate Michael Ferland who put 4-5-9 in his past 4 games. One point off what WHL player of the week Colin Smith put up. Seems like all the pieces are finally coming together!! :clap:

6-1-1 in their past 8 games. They are 4-0-0 and have out-scored the opponents 20-2 in the past 4 games as well. :groovy:
Remember who was on here saying how good Ferland was when he came back to Brandon and how he would be good for the Blades;)

lordstanley
02-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Remember who was on here saying how good Ferland was when he came back to Brandon and how he would be good for the Blades;)

Ferland is in way better shape now than when he first got here i would say 15 lbs lighter and looks alot quicker

JMoney1988
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Why are you addressing this message to me? I haven't ever had a conversation with you or anyone else via PM. Quite frankly, I don't take a message board very serious at all. It seems as though you however have an axe to grind with the Saskatoon Blades. That is fine, but perhaps you have made your point already?! Is there really much use in you following around Blades fans in cyber space all day, every day to keep making the same point over and over?

We get that you think the Blades aren't a good team. That they haven't had any playoff success and that Lorne Molleken is a bad coach etc, etc, etc - in your opinion. Fine, leave it at that, let the season play out and then comment when/if they get eliminated or don't win a game at the cup. Until then, it is really all speculation as to what is going to happen around the league with every single team. It isn't even out of the question that Edmonton/Portland could both be eliminated.

So really it is time to cool it a bit on the Blades points you are making every day. Perhaps start talking on your Warriors board about up and coming prospects? Preview your team for next year? Or even move on to a whole new topic.

Perfect Post....

Joe Hallenback
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
The only reason Ferland put up numbers last year was because of Stone....:o

Western Elite
02-05-2013, 12:26 PM
The only reason why he is putting numbers up this year is because of Walker and Stransky. He is the luckiest player in the world I guess! :p

franchise
02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
The only reason why he is putting numbers up this year is because of Walker and Stransky. He is the luckiest player in the world I guess! :p

Ferland is a quality player and a good fit with Stransky and Walker. As for luck, he certainly had that last game. His hat trick consisted of one goal scored from beside and behind the net while falling and sweeping the puck with his stick toward the front of the net, the second was a seeing eye half speed backhand from the high slot that could barely be called a shot but slid along the ice through three players and under the goalie while the third was into an empty net. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.
It is easy to see his abilities though. He creates room, sees the ice very well, uses the body, and has a terrific shot.

lordstanley
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Full credit to MJ on the 2-0 lead i think our team is asleep as the crowd is special teams is the difference so far

franchise
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Full credit to MJ on the 2-0 lead i think our team is asleep as the crowd is special teams is the difference so far

As asleep as the boys are I have an observation from over the last 30 games or so. We missed the boat at the deadline. We are a quality center short and the guy I see being the weak link is McColgan. Too small, too predictable, and not nearly the kind of center he needs to be. No support in the Dzone and less in the Ozone. He floats and looks for space. Not the job description, plus he loses damn near every face off....

lordstanley
02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
2,, 5 on 3 power plays for the warriors tonight wow the penalty on dietz was quetionable hit to the head not really his elbow just missed it

lordstanley
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Second period they may have scored 3 times and Paulic looks unbeatable with that said Blades look sloppy tonight and MJ has been dangerous on our PP special teams deffinitly why it is 3-3 2 5 on 3 goals for MJ and a short handed goal

lordstanley
02-05-2013, 09:22 PM
You can look at all my posts since the season started i rarely ever complain about the refs but tonight they have been a joke

lordstanley
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
ugly game thank god it is over refs horrible on both sides 2 stars to the refs and 1 to Paulic he was masterfull

Western Elite
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Moose Jaw has a couple great building blocks for the future with Paulic and Point. A bit of a weird ending with McFaull looking for a fight again and picking on 16 yr old Nogier and then Ferland looks to come out and told by the ref to go back to the bench. Ugly game really with shot totals of 54-38.

lordstanley
02-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Moose Jaw has a couple great building blocks for the future with Paulic and Point. A bit of a weird ending with McFaull looking for a fight again and picking on 16 yr old Nogier and then Ferland looks to come out and told by the ref to go back to the bench. Ugly game really with shot totals of 54-38.

Very weird and ugly game the refs did anything they could to slow this game up and make it last untill fricken 9:45 with a 7:05 pm start

In the end a win is a win 1 point back of RD for 4th now with 2 in hand and 6 back of PA with a game in hand and a huge battle tomorrow night

Western Elite
02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Prince Albert looks to have things turned around with a shutout win over Calgary on Saturday and then taking the best team in the Eastern Conference to Overtime.

On a negative note for Prince Albert though is that they seem to be getting in to some old habits defensively as they have in previous years. This is the 2nd game in their past 3 that they have allowed 50+ shots.

I believe the Blades 55 shots tonight is the most they've had all year and perhaps even last year. Pretty high total.

franchise
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
The refereeing may have been off a bit but to put yourself ahead of your team is something these guys have to figure out. Siemens penalty to turn a 5 on 4 into a 5 on 3 and ultimately a goal against was inexcusable. Sutter is still wandering around looking for someone else to knee. Their are others too who still can't seem to figure out what it means to play like a team. Until they get that crap out of the way they are their own worst enemy.

curwie
02-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Prince Albert looks to have things turned around with a shutout win over Calgary on Saturday and then taking the best team in the Eastern Conference to Overtime.

On a negative note for Prince Albert though is that they seem to be getting in to some old habits defensively as they have in previous years. This is the 2nd game in their past 3 that they have allowed 50+ shots.

I believe the Blades 55 shots tonight is the most they've had all year and perhaps even last year. Pretty high total.

Paulic was outstanding. If my memory serves me correct the blades put up 60ish shots last year on Hewitt and finally won in a shoot out.

Mellow Yellow69
02-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Lets get physical, physical.... I wanna get physicallllll, let me hear your body talk! Body talk!

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Lets get physical, physical.... I wanna get physicallllll, let me hear your body talk! Body talk!

Haha old school good theme music for big ferdaddys huge hit last night

sbtatter
02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I think the Blades can win 16 of their last 20 games, so that means PA needs to win 13 to stay ahead, those H2H games are going to be huge.

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I think the Blades can win 16 of their last 20 games, so that means PA needs to win 13 to stay ahead, those H2H games are going to be huge.

That would be alot to ask for that would mean a 16-4 record or something like 16-3-1 when we were 23-21-3 just last tuesday the goal was to hit 40 wins for the 5th year in a row and felt that would give us 4th seed

4th seed still would not be that bad after the horrid start to the season we had since starting off 2-7 this year we went 26-14-3 since then.

Western Elite
02-06-2013, 10:56 AM
The team is definitely on the up-swing. They probably aren't going to go on a 7-1-2 clip for the rest of the year but I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that they would win just over twice as many as they will lose for the remainder of the season. So I would expect something like a 13-6-1 clip which would give them a final record of 41-27-4. Whether that is good enough to win the division, who knows. However, it should be good enough for at least 4th in the division with the games head to head against the Raiders being the ultimate key for the division title.

Western Elite
02-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Makorov CHL goalie of the week.

Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Andrey Makarov of the Saskatoon Blades is the Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending February 3 after posting a 3-0-0-0 record with one shutout along with a goals-against-average of 0.67 and save percentage of .982.
Makarov stopped 107 shots in three games backstopping the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup host Blades to three wins last week. He picked up back-to-back first star honours beginning with a Wednesday night win over the Brandon Wheat Kings where he made 38 saves in the 5-1 victory, then picked up his sixth shutout of the season to match the WHL high on Friday with 42 saves in a 6-0 win over the Calgary Hitmen. He finished his week with a 27-save performance on Saturday as third star in a 4-1 win over the Swift Current Broncos.
Makarov, a 19-year-old from Kazan, Russia, is playing in his second WHL season with the Blades. A 2013 World Junior Championship silver medalist with Russia, Makarov has a 22-16-0-3 record with a goals-against-average of 2.61 and save percentage of .918 for the Blades who are currently fifth in the Eastern Conference with 59 points.
Also considered for the award this week was Zachary Fucale of the Halifax Mooseheads who won two games with one shutout and a goals-against-average of 0.50 and save percentage of .984, and Matej Machovsky of the Brampton Battalion who went 2-0-0-1 with one shutout along with a goals-against-average of 1.30 and save percentage of .953.

Western Elite
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCcAWBoCMAAw5CK.jpg:large

twentyone
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I think 4th seed is an attainable goal. And taking over PA for the 2nd seed would be a bonus plus the 2nd seed I believe only matters for the first round anyway. By the 2nd rnd I believe they take overall records.

If they take 6 points from the 3 games left against PA will probably assure the division. That Said that 2nd seed might look pretty good considering a 4th place finish means probably meeting Red Deer in the first round. And they have had the blades number this year. 2nd seed is looking like a first round matchup against one of Leth. Medicine Hat or swift.

Anyway I am definitely getting excited about this blades team an the next 3 months of some good hockey.

mjw22
02-06-2013, 12:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCcAWBoCMAAw5CK.jpg:large

And it was a draw :groovy:

Western Elite
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Although McFaull is around the same size as Ferland, I have to give him credit for stepping up like that! I guess that is what the Captain is there for and a reason why he is the captain.

Don't be surprised to see Brayden Point as the captain as an 18 yr old. He is one of my favorite players in the WHL. Have always liked his game, pure skill and will - even though he is such a small player. Did you know that he was just 5'3 at the start of his bantam draft season and 4'11 the season before!

sbtatter
02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
That was a dirty player by Sutter on young Point, can't believe the refs missed it.

JMoney1988
02-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, Ferland first fight was a doozie...., wasn't his fault though, mcfaull or mcchicken as I call him was holding on to his arm so he wouldn't get the stuffing knocked out of him. What a chicken....., anyway can we make it 6 straight against p.a., tell us, mjw22 will probably make an apperance anyway..... also big shoutout to Andrei Makarov for getting CHL goaltender of the week, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Just wondering when PA looses there mind and the cheap hits and dirty sticks come with it being 6-0 after 2

mjw22
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Just wondering when PA looses there mind and the cheap hits and dirty sticks come with it being 6-0 after 2

Well ya get what you deserve .Sutter what goof trying to intimidate a guy the size of Point. Too bad it didnt work. Of all the Sutter clan I think he's the least talented.Funny he wasnt that tough when he played us last year.

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Woohooooooooooooooooo the boys are fricken HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT beat good teams like calgary 6-0 and now PA 7-1 :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::D:D:D

Also now in 4th in conf after being in 8th a week and half ago 4 back of PA game in hand good news LH lost tonight as well

Western Elite
02-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the way the Raiders played tonight. I thought they would've given the Blades more of a game. I guess what it is coming down to again is that the Blades are whipping the top teams and playing down to the level of the Moose Jaw's and the Brandon's of the world in those games. They have to fix that really. I want a fine oiled machine, this still isn't good enough for me.

Western Elite
02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Woohooooooooooooooooo the boys are fricken HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT beat good teams like calgary 6-0 and now PA 7-1 :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::D:D:D

Also now in 4th in conf after being in 8th a week and half ago 4 back of PA game in hand good news LH lost tonight as well

Don't forget that the Blades franchise has never won a thing and also that Lorne Molleken has had no success in the playoffs?:confused::eek:

mjw22
02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Don't forget that the Blades franchise has never won a thing and also that Lorne Molleken has had no success in the playoffs?:confused::eek:

You may want to keep that as a sobering thought. This team has fallen short before under Lorne .As did Regina in the MC. Lorne trying to get to a championship game :brickwall: :D

Joe Hallenback
02-06-2013, 09:53 PM
I hear Ferland was a product of Stone....:p

twentyone
02-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Anyway back to the game. The Blades have a lot of depth and all lines are playing well and clicking. It's too much to handle for teams. Which line do you try and **** down? If you shutdown walkers line mccolgan line dominates. An vise versa. Then you got revel Benoit and Valcourt that are better than most teams 3rd lines. Oh yah and sutters line just wears down defencemen. Then any offence teams can generate right now is snuffed by makarov.

nivek_wahs
02-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Everyone... CALM DOWN. Keep it to hockey or I will be a bannin'....

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Everyone... CALM DOWN. Keep it to hockey or I will be a bannin'....

We try to alot and will again it is just that this guy has got under a few peoples skin and i have been on this board since go knows when maybe 2006 i am calmed down now though

JMoney1988
02-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Sorry nivek but he just won't stop

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Anyway back to the game. The Blades have a lot of depth and all lines are playing well and clicking. It's too much to handle for teams. Which line do you try and **** down? If you shutdown walkers line mccolgan line dominates. An vise versa. Then you got revel Benoit and Valcourt that are better than most teams 3rd lines. Oh yah and sutters line just wears down defencemen. Then any offence teams can generate right now is snuffed by makarov.

Totally agree each line adds something different that Ferland line is really draining out other teams top lines then we get them with our depth as well

auch07
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
It is pretty sad when you come on to talk hockey and wind up having to put up with the same crap day in and day out from the same guy saying the same stuff EVERY DAY. Come a point you just dont bother coming on anymore and I think I can safely say more than a few people have done just that and more than a few people have surely thought about it recently as well because of the guy. Just pointing out the obvious I know.

nivek_wahs
02-06-2013, 10:36 PM
There is such thing as the ignore list. If you ignore the person you don't see their posts.

Please people.... use some restraint.... That goes for ALL POSTERS.... I really don't like banning anyone.... But if I have to I have to.

KEEP IT TO HOCKEY.

mjw22
02-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Well geez he has asked to meet me at a game and a few others probably to either slip them a pill when they meet at a game or either use his baseball bat on a rival fan afterwords so yes i turned him down lol

LS are you that paranoid lol I was seriously going to buy you a beer at the MC. It was ofhdhdy that was getting something and I dont need a bat. The banter here is pretty civil what he pm me was not . I dont swear at blade fans or their moms etc. I may remind you of playoffs etc but I keep the personal stuff on here pretty low key. LS is was actually fun to have exchanges with but got mad over the stuff I posted about the last 10 years of playoffs. By the way all true. Same goes for W.E. he posts some stuff on the warriors site that was pretty good.Blade guys were on the Warrior site and PA and we werent crying about it.Get over it boys :)

auch07
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM
9 times out of 10 a lot of guys will browse the forums without logging in though and if they have something to add to a discussion they will login to add to it. We have to see what the guy posts in that and more often than not it will make a lot of people just close the site and not bother.

qrdsk
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Good game by blades tonight but to some degree I wish pa played better than they did to really see where we are at but we definately played well tonight and depth showed.

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Good game by blades tonight but to some degree I wish pa played better than they did to really see where we are at but we definately played well tonight and depth showed.

I agree and i am positive PA will play alot better next time we visit there rink at the end of the season they are still a good team they beat Edm 3 times this year

auch07
02-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Was a great game. Yes I do not think PA played up to their potential but some of that can be attributed to the Blades play itself. They didn't give them a lot of time or space to create anything and turned the puck over often as a result.

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Anyone see Valcourts goal tonight lol ? i think he meant to do that he flipped the puck up from behind the net and put it off the Raider dmans back

auch07
02-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Sure looked on purpose....but if not it never hurts to be lucky I guess lol.

Mellow Yellow69
02-06-2013, 11:05 PM
I have a ***** over the play of mike stransky and walker lately... Dominant. Thats keepin it to hockey right? Id be soft otherwise.

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I have a ***** over the play of mike stransky and walker lately... Dominant. Thats keepin it to hockey right? Id be soft otherwise.

Perhaps a little more info than some needed to know but yes it feels good at the moment lol

lordstanley
02-06-2013, 11:38 PM
So RD wins tonignt in PG but we are still ahead of them in winning percentage and have 2 games in hand down by a point made up huge ground in this past week :groovy::groovy::groovy:

mjw22
02-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Interesting night in the dub Cal goes into Por beats the best team in Canada. This after losing 6-0 to the Blades . Now PA beat Cal 2-0 in their last game but lost 7-1 to the Blades tonight. So does this mean the Blades are now number 1 .No just shows that on any given night anything.........:)Thats why jr hockey is so much fun.

franchise
02-07-2013, 12:33 AM
One of the strange things was that the Blades took a grand total of one minor penalty tonight. For that matter the Raiders only took three. For a rivalry like theirs and with so much on the line that is downright amazing.

twentyone
02-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Red Deer is looking good lately as well. Finishing first in the division might be key so the Blades don't have to face Red Deer in the first round. They could be a dangerous team.

twentyone
02-07-2013, 08:35 AM
I still don't understand why Kootney is in the Eastern conference. The western conference only has 10 teams. Much easier to make playoffs. Seattle who is sitting in 8th spot is 19-31-4-1 for 43 points. Good enough for last place in the eastern conference. I realize the current format evens out divisions amongst conferences but who cares. All that division play matters now is finishing first. It was different when the top 4 teams in each division made playoffs but that is no longer the case. Last year lethbridge finished 11th with 59 points. That would of been good enough for 7th in the west. Either even up the conferences or have one carry over between conferences. I realize travel could be an issue but these days I think it could be done. No worse than if Brandon and Kootney meet in the first round. Playoff profits for small hockey teams is huge.

Anyway that's my beef for today.

lordstanley
02-07-2013, 08:54 AM
One of the strange things was that the Blades took a grand total of one minor penalty tonight. For that matter the Raiders only took three. For a rivalry like theirs and with so much on the line that is downright amazing.

I agree but i am sure the coaches harped on decipline after the game we had against MJ took to many penalties i am a little surprised that PA didn,t lose there cool in the third when it was 7-1 no dirty play no stick work no nothing just a give up attitude but even if they did engage in a few fights they had no one to fight use as Ruopp was out

Rebelsfan13
02-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Where's the comments now that Makorov should be sitting and not playing against all teams? Oh wait, he's the WHL goalie of the month and Saskatoon is on a bit of a roll, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea eh?

The last twenty games are going to be an exciting finish. Red Deer wins last night as does Saskatoon in the fight for first, Calgary beats the leagues best Winterhawks as they fight with Edmonton. A bunch of great races and some exciting hockey to watch!

lordstanley
02-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Where's the comments now that Makorov should be sitting and not playing against all teams? Oh wait, he's the WHL goalie of the month and Saskatoon is on a bit of a roll, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea eh?

The last twenty games are going to be an exciting finish. Red Deer wins last night as does Saskatoon in the fight for first, Calgary beats the leagues best Winterhawks as they fight with Edmonton. A bunch of great races and some exciting hockey to watch!

Amen i agree just not sure if Calgary can catch Edm now being 11 points back is a huge climb and i do not see Edm losing all that much down the stretch

Trevor
02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
I still don't understand why Kootney is in the Eastern conference. The western conference only has 10 teams. Much easier to make playoffs. Seattle who is sitting in 8th spot is 19-31-4-1 for 43 points. Good enough for last place in the eastern conference. I realize the current format evens out divisions amongst conferences but who cares. All that division play matters now is finishing first. It was different when the top 4 teams in each division made playoffs but that is no longer the case. Last year lethbridge finished 11th with 59 points. That would of been good enough for 7th in the west. Either even up the conferences or have one carry over between conferences. I realize travel could be an issue but these days I think it could be done. No worse than if Brandon and Kootney meet in the first round. Playoff profits for small hockey teams is huge.

Anyway that's my beef for today.

Kootenay is in the east because they're 530 km from Kelowna, which would be the nearest BC division team. Lethbridge, Calgary, and Medicine Hat are closer to Cranbrook than Kelowna, and Red Deer is pretty much the same distance.

lordstanley
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
So we got SC and LH this weekend a split i would take but 2 wins the way they are going is not out of the picture keep it going boys :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy:

twentyone
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Kootenay is in the east because they're 530 km from Kelowna, which would be the nearest BC division team. Lethbridge, Calgary, and Medicine Hat are closer to Cranbrook than Kelowna, and Red Deer is pretty much the same distance.

Yes this is true but if you look at the overall conference, I would bet it wouldn't be that much more travel. Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Calgary are the only close cities.

Edm 700km, Saskatoon 1000km, Brandon 1300 km, Moose jaw 900 km, PA 1200 km, Regina 950km. In the Western conference the furthest they would travel is Portland and Victoria at 900Km.

I personally dont think it would be that big of difference. They have to travel twice to each Eastern Division team every year.

Just my opinion. Doesnt make sense to have 12 teams in one conference and 10 teams in the other.

Heck if it was even'd out or had a crossover Moose jaw might make the playoffs more than once every 3 years as of late.

lordstanley
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes this is true but if you look at the overall conference, I would bet it wouldn't be that much more travel. Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Calgary are the only close cities.

Edm 700km, Saskatoon 1000km, Brandon 1300 km, Moose jaw 900 km, PA 1200 km, Regina 950km. In the Western conference the furthest they would travel is Portland and Victoria at 900Km.

I personally dont think it would be that big of difference. They have to travel twice to each Eastern Division team every year.

Just my opinion. Doesnt make sense to have 12 teams in one conference and 10 teams in the other.

Heck if it was even'd out or had a crossover Moose jaw might make the playoffs more than once every 3 years as of late.

Makes sence to have Koot in the BC div for sure heck int eh future i would love to see the league expand to winnipeg it would be great for brandon

I lvoe the last part regarding MJ yeah they just may make the playoffs more than once every 3 years if it had changed a bit

qrdsk
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Anyone know if astles is recovering well enough to maybe play this year?

mjw22
02-09-2013, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=twentyone;188794

Heck if it was even'd out or had a crossover Moose jaw might make the playoffs more than once every 3 years as of late.[/QUOTE]

better do some math and as Ive pointed out previously we have a much better play off history than Saskatoon. Warrior fans have watched about 35 more playoff games in the last 10 years than blade fans. Hey dont ever let the facts get in your way.:D:D:D:D how big was the 50/50 I heard 63000 before game time .

lordstanley
02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
What a heck of a game broke the all times Blades attendence record 12,5088 electric there great game great deal crazy high 50-50 i am on such a rush and to boot a 8 game winning streak :groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::groovy::g roovy:

twentyone
02-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Wow how is this for a brutal back to back. Blades play in Brandon last night, have an 8 hour bus ride after the game (probably got home at about 5am) and play Edmonton tonight Arguably the best team in the league. That's got to be Brutal.

Go's to show why they say the WHL best prepares players for the NHL. Be interesting to see how the Blades come out to play tonight. I predict if the Blades can muster a character win tonight that it will set off a start to a long winning streak and shut up some cridicts.

They have 26 games left. I would say an attainable goal should be 40 wins, that should put them in no worse than 5th place in the conference. To me thats respectable. Therefore they need to go 17-9 to finish out the season and get ready for the playoffs, definitely possible. As the 5th seed I predict they will play either Red Deer or Swift (I hope not Red Deer as they seem to have the Blades number). To win a WHL championship they will have to go through Edmonton or PA so whats the difference if they meet them in the 2nd round or 3rd in my opinion. Personally as a fan I am not embarassed of this team. The last WHL team to win the league championship as the Host team was Kamloops in 1995. Last year Shawinigan lost in 2nd round to the 8th seed Chicoutimi and won the memorial cup. Come tournament time anybody can win. I am sure this Blades team will put on a good show for the tournament.

I personally will enjoy the tournament no matter what the outcome, Believe me I will not be embarassed and nor should the Blades. Some of the people on this forum are embarassing the city but not the players or organization.

Well they didn't win that game a few weeks back against Edmonton but they definetly played well and it did jump start a long winning streak, and it did shut up the critics. At the time of my post I was hoping for them to finish the last 26 games at 17-9 for 40 wins. Well So far they have gone 8-1 since this post.

They are definitely firing on all cylinders right now and at a good time of year. PA is with grabs, keep it up Blades.

lordstanley
02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Well they didn't win that game a few weeks back against Edmonton but they definetly played well and it did jump start a long winning streak, and it did shut up the critics. At the time of my post I was hoping for them to finish the last 26 games at 17-9 for 40 wins. Well So far they have gone 8-1 since this post.

They are definitely firing on all cylinders right now and at a good time of year. PA is with grabs, keep it up Blades.

Swifty might do the same thing we did on a 8 game win streak they played decent against us on Friday even though the score showed 4-1 then saturday night they shut out pa 3-0 then las night the beat powerhouse edmonton 3-1 now the broncos have us tomorrow night they beat us that is a 3 game win strek vs good teams and they could be well on there way

twentyone
02-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't want to face Swift in the playoffs. I think they could be a dangerous team.