PDA

View Full Version : Blades 2012/2013 second half

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

twentyone
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Well since the previous season long thread was ruined I figured I would start a new thread.

I realize it's not quite the second have yet but close enough.

Anyway let's stick to hockey please.

curwie
12-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Well since the previous season long thread was ruined I figured I would start a new thread.

I realize it's not quite the second have yet but close enough.

Anyway let's stick to hockey please.

Good call. Who would have guessed 3 weeks ago, that we'd be looking at a possible 20 win team by Christmas break. Feels good doesn't it?

lordstanley
12-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Good call. Who would have guessed 3 weeks ago, that we'd be looking at a possible 20 win team by Christmas break. Feels good doesn't it?

It does feel great i dont ever want to feel what that 2-7 start feels like until we rebuild next year lol and the year after etc

Now til the jan 10th deadline is gonna be exciting times curious to see what Santa has in store for us this year :D

JMoney1988
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Thank you twentyone for creating this one, if we win on tuesday against swift current and beat pa both times, we would be tied with them and we would be first due to wins, that would be a nice christmas present......

patsdude114
12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you twentyone for creating this one, if we win on tuesday against swift current and beat pa both times, we would be tied with them and we would be first due to wins, that would be a nice christmas present......

I hope u guys do win all 3 games, & surpass the over acheiving team to the north of u guys for the final time this season. Again my lowly Pats start a turn around to a season for a team, this year was way back on Oct. 30th when ur Blades beat us 3-2...last season the Pats help jump start the WKs turn around just at the end/begining of jan/feb....when in doubt when u want to turn ur season around come play the Pats we be gladly to help out ;)

qrdsk
12-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I am glad the blades are winning games they should that is an important step for good teams, now they have to play good/beat the good teams out there(all the while still winning the games they should), then they have to win in the playoffs and then they have to win against some of the best teams in the country. I guess that would make a great team.

I think before the tough comments happened somebody said something about "puck stopper" goalies and I agree but I think of them as "quiet" meaning they don't move around to much and just stay in position and be in position for the shot. Often times I think those goalies work out best in the end because sometimes reflex goalies think to highly of their reflexes and sometimes they take themselves out of position (occasionally looking great as they dive across). What I think should happen is as Moodie gets older his reflexes, strength and quickness will get better but if it comes from a good foundation that is a great start for a goalie. I would understand if we traded him in a package for a better backup goalie now but I can see some potential in his development. I remember watching cam ward develop in Red Deer - he was something special - never to quick because he did not have to be but then as he got older he got quicker.

lordstanley
12-16-2012, 08:26 PM
So looks like PA may win tonight so that will be back to 8 points back with 2 in hand still not to bad at all

ofhdhdy
12-16-2012, 08:56 PM

Da **** is with these posts dude?

lordstanley
12-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Da **** is with these posts dude?

Mods delete them on him is my guess

twentyone
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I am glad the blades are winning games they should that is an important step for good teams, now they have to play good/beat the good teams out there(all the while still winning the games they should), then they have to win in the playoffs and then they have to win against some of the best teams in the country. I guess that would make a great team.

I think before the tough comments happened somebody said something about "puck stopper" goalies and I agree but I think of them as "quiet" meaning they don't move around to much and just stay in position and be in position for the shot. Often times I think those goalies work out best in the end because sometimes reflex goalies think to highly of their reflexes and sometimes they take themselves out of position (occasionally looking great as they dive across). What I think should happen is as Moodie gets older his reflexes, strength and quickness will get better but if it comes from a good foundation that is a great start for a goalie. I would understand if we traded him in a package for a better backup goalie now but I can see some potential in his development. I remember watching cam ward develop in Red Deer - he was something special - never to quick because he did not have to be but then as he got older he got quicker.

No question Moodie has potential. But I think his trade value is higher for future potential than his worth to a team hosting the mem cup. So basically to trade for a veteran 19 yr old back up goalie wouldn't cost a whole lot. 5th rounder at best. But to a rebuilding team Alex Moodie would fetch alot more.

And as for a backup on a host team, I don't think it's a good idea to carry a 17 yr old goalie who still needs some seasoning. If it was me I would package him in a deadline deal.

lordstanley
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Not a godo night for the Blades Swifty wins and PA wins so were 8 points behind PA now with 2 games in hand and 4 points up on Sc with 3 games in hand if we lose on Tuesday vs swift were only 2 up on them and 8 behind pa with only a game in hand that game is huge on tuesday

twentyone
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Swifty is underrated. They remind me of kootney 2 years ago when they won the whl championship. Big fast and work hard.

patsdude114
12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
thing with swifty is tho if Lowry isnt scoring the broncos scoring gets very thin, & its not like Lowry is a playmaker to make players around him better.

LS ur looking too far into the standings right now, there is TONS of time to catch & pass the raiders & u guys r only going to improve more where the raiders have already seen there peek for the year.

Sttop
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
To my knowledge he hasent been edited

franchise
12-17-2012, 01:34 AM
As "big games" go, I have to think the one on Tuesday is one of them. A team behind in the standings, at home, fighting for a playoff position, and the last game before the break is going to be a motivated bunch, and a tall order for the Blades. The Broncos might be just a one line team but they are dangerous. They have a solid goaltender and that alone is often enough. A win for the Blades is very important - more than just a game 35 win; the club has an opportunity to keep this roll going and to cement, in the players minds, that they really are a team worthy of consideration as a contender. Here's hoping.

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Kind of interesting side note i have been predicting how the Blades would do by weekly since the west coast swing and so far i have nailed every week this week i wanted the Blades to go 3-1 and they went 4-0. Now this last game before the Christmas break is a bonus game i would love the win but if it doesnt happen i wont be to upset considering how well they have played leading up to the break.

Now after the xmas break we have PA 3 times Reg once and MH once, after all of that it will be Jan 10th where injured players will be back Makarov will be back Graham and Revel both back and new players via the trade deadline, so we will have a much different looking lineup.

It would be nice to be 23-16-1

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM

Harvest
12-17-2012, 01:51 PM
As "big games" go, I have to think the one on Tuesday is one of them. A team behind in the standings, at home, fighting for a playoff position, and the last game before the break is going to be a motivated bunch, and a tall order for the Blades. The Broncos might be just a one line team but they are dangerous. They have a solid goaltender and that alone is often enough. A win for the Blades is very important - more than just a game 35 win; the club has an opportunity to keep this roll going and to cement, in the players minds, that they really are a team worthy of consideration as a contender. Here's hoping.

After watching alot of Bronco hockey this year Lowry has to be one of the best players in the dub this year. I wouldnt say we're a one line team. we have a pretty solid second line with Bews and Black, thanks by the way for letting bews venture out of toon town. Have a pretty decent shut down third line and have a decent defense with a top 3 in the whl goalie. We're big and strong for the first time in a long time and to me built for the playoffs. Lost 20 1 goal games this year so if we can get a bit better we will be a hardened team soon. Once we have a healthy lineup again a person has to think we would finish 5-6 in the standings and be a team that a 3 place team like p.a wouldnt want to see

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
After watching alot of Bronco hockey this year Lowry has to be one of the best players in the dub this year. I wouldnt say we're a one line team. we have a pretty solid second line with Bews and Black, thanks by the way for letting bews venture out of toon town. Have a pretty decent shut down third line and have a decent defense with a top 3 in the whl goalie. We're big and strong for the first time in a long time and to me built for the playoffs. Lost 20 1 goal games this year so if we can get a bit better we will be a hardened team soon. Once we have a healthy lineup again a person has to think we would finish 5-6 in the standings and be a team that a 3 place team like p.a wouldnt want to see

Thats okay thanks for trading us Craig for Benson lol

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
http://www.whl.ca/article/nicholls-denny-s-whl-player-of-the-week

Good job Josh!

Who leads the whl in goals i am curious ?

Harvest
12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
It was Vancouver who gave you Bews. Blades traded Bews to get a Burns bro, not quite a good as a Neisz bro - but close! :p

Ya i know, im just happy he didnt make the cut there. As far as the benson craig deal i cant say anything till benson gets back but im content not having craig. hopefully he shines there. I think if swift can get over the hump itll be a run between saskatoon and swift for first. P.a i think will slide

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 02:33 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I think your prediction on SC is a bit ambitious pal. They are a good, solid defensive team but are lacking the scoring needed to be a top team in the conference.

When Levi Bews is being mentioned a go-to guy, then you have problems in the offensive category. That said, I believe the Broncos have one of the top goalies in the East Conference and a solid big d-core and a big strong squad. Should be good for 5th in the conference and present a solid challenge in round 1 but in the end fall short.

I agree i think Swift will be locked in that 3rd hole for the rest of the season for the east division nad 5th or 6th in the conf they are probably 1 of the more physicle teams i have seen the Blades play but lack secondary scoring in my opinion

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I just realized the Blades have scored 37 goals in there past 6 games for a average for more than 6 goals a game WOW did we even do that sort of stretch in the Schenn season ?

Sttop
12-17-2012, 03:01 PM
I see the top 4 as Calgary, Edmonton , Blades and Raiders in that order right now. I do however think the Blades will have the best roster after the trade deadline. I would imagine a deal for Murray is already done. If they could lure a guy like Fioretti out of MJ watch out. I am not just saying that because of the last couple weeks. I have called the Blades finishing ahead of the Raiders for 2 months. The Raiders really have to do well before the deadline to even have a shot at winning 2 rounds.

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I see the top 4 as Calgary, Edmonton , Blades and Raiders in that order right now. I do however think the Blades will have the best roster after the trade deadline. I would imagine a deal for Murray is already done. If they could lure a guy like Fioretti out of MJ watch out. I am not just saying that because of the last couple weeks. I have called the Blades finishing ahead of the Raiders for 2 months. The Raiders really have to do well before the deadline to even have a shot at winning 2 rounds.

I agree weather the Raiders finish first or second in the east division it doesnt matter they have already had a great turn from the past couple years and believe it or not i dont mind at all it is nice to see us and the Raiders near the top again just like the old days

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:22 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice thing about this message board is we can toot our horns all day long....If there is a tune better than the jingle bells, I would say it is "celebration" by Kool and the gang!

This is the first year in a while that I think the Blades are curing upwards instead of downwards and boy does it feel saweeeeet.

I hope your right cause we can do as good as we want but if we choke in the playoffs again and go through the back door and dont win a game in the playoffs it will turn into a just bieber tune really quick

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:27 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:28 PM
you know what Lord Stanley, we are in the midst of a WHL renaissance in that the Blades have likely won the most games in the past 4-5 years. I don't go out on a limb often but on paper and if the Blades acquire the necessary part - which they will do are the top team hands down the dub.

Fans can come on and trash until it happens but the bottom line is that it is likely to happen this year. That is just going to frustrate the trolls and forever - they be gone! buwaahahaha

I know but i just set myself up for let down cause damn i have been all to use to it as a Blade fan since 1993

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Enjoy the ride LS, enjoy the ride!

Now that the trade deadline is just a few away, can you imagine burns, Sutter, Kambeitz line.

How about Craigh and Pufahl as a 5-6

I am prepared for something like that yes and hopefully the acusations of Roy from Bra Val from MH and Jacobs from PG to make that happen or Fioretti even tho i think fioretti could be back with MJ next season as a 20 he is on the smaller side so

Harvest
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I see the Top 4 teams as Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Prince Albert are clear above the rest in terms of ability and potential and likelyhood of trade. The second tier are the Hurricanes, Rebels and Broncos who really have to skate and working their asses off to beat any of the top teams above. The Tigers and Warriors will battle for the 8th and final playoff spot and eventually get hammered in the first round. While the Wheaties, Pats and Ice simply don't cut it - sorry folks!

You heard it here first.

I think saying that saskatoon is a top team is jumping the gun just a bit at this point, theres no doubt there better then before but you cant forget whats happened the rest of the season so far and the struggles they faced. Broncos did beat them 10-1 which doesnt scream elite team especially from a team with no secondary scoring and a supposed not very good levi bews.Plus do tell about all this other scoring the blades have then the Broncos. Beside Stransky and Nicholls its basically mirror image with the broncos. You take the top six goal scoring forwards on each team its blades with 84 goals and broncos 80.

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:37 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I think saying that saskatoon is a top team is jumping the gun just a bit at this point, theres no doubt there better then before but you cant forget whats happened the rest of the season so far and the struggles they faced. Broncos did beat them 10-1 which doesnt scream elite team especially from a team with no secondary scoring and a supposed not very good levi bews.Plus do tell about all this other scoring the blades have then the Broncos. Beside Stransky and Nicholls its basically mirror image with the broncos. You take the top six goal scoring forwards on each team its blades with 84 goals and broncos 80.

Oh please i spit up my egg nog lol

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:39 PM

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I do believe the Blades will acquire Murray & being that he is out til seasons end (cant remember the exact time line) his price will become dirt cheap, there may be some conditions put on it incase the NHL is still in a lockout come the start of next season (oh i hope so, so sick of the NHL).

I think if the Blades were to acquire Fioretti it would pretty well have to include Revel as Fioretti will be back as a 20yr old year & the Warriors wont need to get a sweet deal for that to happen, any deal including Revel would include a top 19yr old coming to Stoon. Also dont look to far into the no trade clause that Revel will most likely have, a simple "if u dont accept this trade u will be sent back to Jr. A" with his NCAA chances already gone the kids hands are tied.

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
If you talk to people in the hockey world and people who work within the league. They are considered the best group of players in the league. If they started at 7-2 instead of 2-7 due to the players getting used to on another they would be 24-9-1 and right up there with the best. I guess people will just have to just wait and see but the rcent 14-5-0 in the past 19 games is a good gauge!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :groovy::clap::groovy::D

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Harvest
If you talk to people in the hockey world and people who work within the league. They are considered the best group of players in the league. If they started at 7-2 instead of 2-7 due to the players getting used to on another they would be 24-9-1 and right up there with the best. I guess people will just have to just wait and see but the rcent 14-5-0 in the past 19 games is a good gauge!

I think theres a team in edmonton and portland that would disagree. The thing those teams have are playoffs guys, guys that dont fold up shop when the going gets tough. Mark my words, the blades are going in the backdoor

lordstanley
I do believe the Blades will acquire Murray & being that he is out til seasons end (cant remember the exact time line) his price will become dirt cheap, there may be some conditions put on it incase the NHL is still in a lockout come the start of next season (oh i hope so, so sick of the NHL).

I think if the Blades were to acquire Fioretti it would pretty well have to include Revel as Fioretti will be back as a 20yr old year & the Warriors wont need to get a sweet deal for that to happen, any deal including Revel would include a top 19yr old coming to Stoon. Also dont look to far into the no trade clause that Revel will most likely have, a simple "if u dont accept this trade u will be sent back to Jr. A" with his NCAA chances already gone the kids hands are tied.

REVEL can tbe traded i forgot what the clauses were maybe Western can fill you in

Harvest
12-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Harvest is obviously one of the youngens who frequent the rooms. They could learn a lot by sitting either in section B or G in the `wheel up section, right

Private message me next time your at a bronco game ill introduce myself ive got no problem, im not coming on here calling you names but if thats the level you want to go to i can solve that problem for you

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
REVEL can tbe traded i forgot what the clauses were maybe Western can fill you in

Well if thats the case & what western was just talking about with Reilly in Stoon i cant see MJ even considering a trade if Revel wasnt part of it. MJs GM is no dumby he will definately play hardball, there is no other top prospects on the Blades list who even comes close to being in a deal for Reilly

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:47 PM

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM

Harvest
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Revel CAN be traded if he and his parents agree upon the deal.

As for the `Harvest Guy`` He is purely laughable and obviously lacks WHL knowledge. The Portland forwards don`t hold a candle to the Blades. The Blades can do whatever they want and are playing now the way they can.. It will be a true litmus test on Tuesday against what I view as a top defensive team in the league.

You still havent responded to my previous message and to say about portlands forwards when im talking there whole team in general makes you laughable for reading what you want. Keep your talk hockey related

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Revel CAN be traded if he and his parents agree upon the deal.

Yes thats usually what the no trade clauses include, where the parents get a say in the deal, but the Blades will be in a rebuild stage for the next couple years & Revel would be better off accepting a trade to say MJ (if infact a Reilly trade is in the works) the Warriors will become the class of the league within 2yrs & be there for a couple years. Millar knows what he is doing there in MJ & he has the assests from last year to move this year & keep the tribe in contention for years to come.

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
You still havent responded to my previous message and to say about portlands forwards when im talking there whole team in general makes you laughable for reading what you want. Keep your talk hockey related

Settle down buddy just enjoy your third place in the east which is a great turn around nothing to sneez at you guys are okay but calm down your team will not compete with us or the Raiders in the end sorry to break the news to you even if you beat us tomorrow night it wont change a single thing

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 03:58 PM

The Broncos are going to have problems staying ahead of the Tigers/Warriors they will be in a dog fight for that final playoff spot & still may not get it.

As for the Blades, not sure how u cant consider them 1 of the top teams in the WHL right now with there current run they are on. They brought in 4 top 6 forwards who all had to find there way within a new group & a new role there was growing pains to be expected at the start of the year. The Blades will fly past the Raiders will have an easy 8pt lead on the Raiders by the end of January & they wont look back.

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Wait and see folks because the Blades true measure is the playoffs and MeM Cup. My opinion is that they are better than Portland.

Ouch not so sure i would go that far seeing Portland is able to pay for the best and for new cell phones and flights lol

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 04:09 PM
The Broncos are going to have problems staying ahead of the Tigers/Warriors they will be in a dog fight for that final playoff spot & still may not get it.

As for the Blades, not sure how u cant consider them 1 of the top teams in the WHL right now with there current run they are on. They brought in 4 top 6 forwards who all had to find there way within a new group & a new role there was growing pains to be expected at the start of the year. The Blades will fly past the Raiders will have an easy 8pt lead on the Raiders by the end of January & they wont look back.

Good to have a solid outsiders perspective view on things such as yourself

Crazy sked makers only have us Playing the Pats 6 times this year what are they thinking ? i seems we have build up a bit of a rivalry the past couple season hey should have made us play MJ or SC 6 times not the to big cities ouch WHL

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
They didnt want to give the Blades too many easy wins is all lmao they want the Blades facing the better teams more then the weaker teams so the Blades are playing ther ebest hockey come playoff time.

It may not be the case but it sounds good... lmao

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 04:15 PM
They didnt want to give the Blades too many easy wins is all lmao they want the Blades facing the better teams more then the weaker teams so the Blades are playing ther ebest hockey come playoff time.

It may not be the case but it sounds good... lmao

haha good point but those extra 4 points may be needed ugh lmao

Do not worry next year you guys and other for awhile will finaly have fun with our team but for some reason i do not mind it has been awhile since i could watch a process of a rebuilding phase it could be somewhat exciting if done in the right way :D

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 04:30 PM

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I think all Blades fans should enjoy this season, brag about the team, cheer hard and brag them up. Cause next year, it will be full re-build mode but I know Lorne will get all the best prospects, so no worries!

Speaking for next year we have a tonn of 19 year olds which alot will be back that is good cause we can trade alot of them for draft picks to get the rebuild in the right track

My guess for next year that guys that will not go pro are

Craig
Pufahl
Astels
Burns

With that said as the roster stands now i it as this

Forwards
Revel
Zajac
Stovin
Burns
Graham
Harland
Bodie

Defense
Pufahl
Craig
Nogier
Gwinner

Moodie
Alalouf

Yeah rebuild indeed with others to fill in lol

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Wow the Blades have played a ton of road games this year we have like 26 homes left in the second half which in crazy there is no other team around the league that can say the same i guess i give cudos to lorne on that 1 for league meetings lol

BigCat20
12-17-2012, 06:27 PM

Best Bews story I have heard........came a few days late to camp cuz he was on a hunting trip! Not very committed in his time in Saskatoon. Definitely has come a long way, though!

As for the Portland comparison, tough to say the Blades are better. PWH get to play against better competition in the US div & leading it. Maybe change my mind after deadline, but not yet!

Western Elite
12-17-2012, 07:06 PM

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
why does western elite always delete his posts?

nivek_wahs
12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
why does western elite always delete his posts?
Good question.

mjw22
12-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Good question.

Mods say he isnt banned. So I assume its an attention grabber to act like he's banned. Just makes more work for LS who has to repost all of
them. Revel will need to be in any deal for Fioretti for sure. I dont see millar moving him unless its a top notch offer as he'll be back.Rielly may move if Burke gives them the word he wont be called up.Rielly will cost you 3 yrs of rebuilding no matter what the great W.E. says.

nivek_wahs
12-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Mods say he isnt banned. So I assume its an attention grabber to act like he's banned. Just makes more work for LS who has to repost all of
them. Revel will need to be in any deal for Fioretti for sure. I dont see millar moving him unless its a top notch offer as he'll be back.Rielly may move if Burke gives them the word he wont be called up.Rielly will cost you 3 yrs of rebuilding no matter what the great W.E. says.

He's banned now. Just a reminder for EVERYONE..... please keep the discussion hockey related and civil. Thanks.

Back to your regularly scheduled posting.

Trevor
12-17-2012, 09:36 PM
It's not a stretch to say that the Blades are one of the top 4 teams in the Eastern conference at all. However RIGHT NOW there is a large gap between the top 2 (Cal & Edm) and the bottom 2 (Blades & PA).

Realistically unless PA falls apart I don't see the Blades catching them. PA is on pace for 94 points right now, so for the Blades to get to 95 would take getting 56 of a possible 76 points, and no offense but I just don't see them doing that.

As much as I'd like to see the Blades go in the front door I just don't see it happening. They'd likely have to beat 2 of PA, Edm, and Cal on the road, then beat Kamloops or Portland, again without home ice. That seems like too steep a hill to climb. But I personally don't see it as a negative to go the back way.

Trav
12-17-2012, 10:02 PM

You can keep Fioretti then lol. Don't see Revel being traded, least not this year, maybe some time down the road. I seriously think one of the Blades promises to him was that he'd be playing in the Memorial Cup.

mjw22
12-17-2012, 10:08 PM
You can keep Fioretti then lol. Don't see Revel being traded, least not this year, maybe some time down the road. I seriously think one of the Blades promises to him was that he'd be playing in the Memorial Cup.

Well to fill some holes in that lineup Lorne is going to have to give up more than picks. I still dont think they could compete with Edm Por or Kam let alone who comes from the OHL & the Q

patsdude114
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Just 1 question non hockey related as to why he was banned anyways? I thought his posts were always on topic. Yes at time abit out to lunch with predictions & very few if any at all ever happened.

But back on topic with all this, Reilly won't have to worry about going to the NHL this year anyways as they are still so far apart it isn't even funny. Next year tho knowing how the leafs are if the season starts up in time he won't have to worry about the WHL ever again & if the Warriors don't trade him they will be left with nothing for him but that won't effect the Warriors too much anyways. I just can't see Millar trading Reilly to stoon without Revel part of the deal, no Revel I'd say its an easy assessment to say Reilly will not be a Blade, cuz they don't need Moodie, Zajac is about 1yr too old to be the key piece in a trade for a superstar so what else is left really besides picks (which I don't even know what the Blades have left)

lordstanley
12-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Just 1 question non hockey related as to why he was banned anyways? I thought his posts were always on topic. Yes at time abit out to lunch with predictions & very few if any at all ever happened.

But back on topic with all this, Reilly won't have to worry about going to the NHL this year anyways as they are still so far apart it isn't even funny. Next year tho knowing how the leafs are if the season starts up in time he won't have to worry about the WHL ever again & if the Warriors don't trade him they will be left with nothing for him but that won't effect the Warriors too much anyways. I just can't see Millar trading Reilly to stoon without Revel part of the deal, no Revel I'd say its an easy assessment to say Reilly will not be a Blade, cuz they don't need Moodie, Zajac is about 1yr too old to be the key piece in a trade for a superstar so what else is left really besides picks (which I don't even know what the Blades have left)

I AGREE too i wonder why he was banned i mean he does have a lot of good hockey topics lol i would name more than others bu i wont lol oh well i guess it is what it is

patsdude114
12-18-2012, 12:22 AM
It's not a stretch to say that the Blades are one of the top 4 teams in the Eastern conference at all. However RIGHT NOW there is a large gap between the top 2 (Cal & Edm) and the bottom 2 (Blades & PA).

Realistically unless PA falls apart I don't see the Blades catching them. PA is on pace for 94 points right now, so for the Blades to get to 95 would take getting 56 of a possible 76 points, and no offense but I just don't see them doing that.

As much as I'd like to see the Blades go in the front door I just don't see it happening. They'd likely have to beat 2 of PA, Edm, and Cal on the road, then beat Kamloops or Portland, again without home ice. That seems like too steep a hill to climb. But I personally don't see it as a negative to go the back way.

I really don't see how people think PA is such a good team. They are feasting on a weak east division. They have looked very avg against a very injury laddened Pats team minus 1 game where we were missing the most players due to injury out of any time during all our injury problems. Saskatoon looks like twice the team the Raiders are. The Raiders haven't really been hit with an injury bug yet which is a major factor in them jolting up the east division standings.

Its great the Raiders are off to a great start after all there losing season's I guess I'm just waiting for them to come back down to earth which has happened in the past 2 weeks where they have a record of 5-4-0-1 I think that's there true colors. Its not going to get any easier after xmas break. They returned virtually there full roster from last year & they leaped out of the starting gates fast as other teams were molding there rookies & there now catching up to the Raiders & the Raiders now look very avg

Sttop
12-18-2012, 02:26 AM
The Raiders are feasting on a weak East division ? They are 9 wins and 3 loses against the Central divison teams. Right now the biggest issue the Raiders have is not showing up against the lowest ranked teams in the league. I am not saying they are contenders. But they are 3-0 against Edmonton, 1-0 against Edmonton and have 3 out of a possible 4 points from the Blades this year. So they wont be push overs. I cant see the Raiders not adding to the roster either. ps. I dont want a medal and I know they have been crappy for a loooooong time , just dont think they should be tossed to the side just yet.

patsdude114
12-18-2012, 03:12 AM
The Raiders are feasting on a weak East division ? They are 9 wins and 3 loses against the Central divison teams. Right now the biggest issue the Raiders have is not showing up against the lowest ranked teams in the league. I am not saying they are contenders. But they are 3-0 against Edmonton, 1-0 against Edmonton and have 3 out of a possible 4 points from the Blades this year. So they wont be push overs. I cant see the Raiders not adding to the roster either. ps. I dont want a medal and I know they have been crappy for a loooooong time , just dont think they should be tossed to the side just yet.

The Pats were 4-0 against the Oil Kings last season & that didnt mean they were a top club either....some teams just have others numbers just due to how they play.

As for the 3 of 4 possible pts against the Blades that puts them 1-0-1 against them & the Blades are 1-1 thats not much of an arguement at all. Since i dont follow either teams schedules were these games before or after the Blades horrible start?

Just saying that the Raiders had an upper hand on every team in our division (besides maybe SC) as both teams returned the exact same roster as the year before minus 1 or 2 players... that helps alot when jumping out of the gate quickly, where other teams are grooming players into there systems & finding what works & what doesnt work for lineups.

I hope im wrong when i say the Raiders are over rated jsut from what i have seen from them this year they have done nothing at all to say they are a legit top team in our conference let alone our league. Its great that the Raiders are finally having success as that franchise needs it badly.

sbtatter
12-18-2012, 07:59 AM

I think the Blades would likely want to at least make the conference finals, for confidence reasons and also so they don't sit too long (even though the Cataracts did ok after an early exit that definetly is not the norm). Winning the East division is key, if they don't do that they could easily do a "1 and out", that #2 conference seed is essential.

Landon
12-18-2012, 08:40 AM
I really don't see how people think PA is such a good team. They are feasting on a weak east division. They have looked very avg against a very injury laddened Pats team minus 1 game where we were missing the most players due to injury out of any time during all our injury problems. Saskatoon looks like twice the team the Raiders are. The Raiders haven't really been hit with an injury bug yet which is a major factor in them jolting up the east division standings.

Its great the Raiders are off to a great start after all there losing season's I guess I'm just waiting for them to come back down to earth which has happened in the past 2 weeks where they have a record of 5-4-0-1 I think that's there true colors. Its not going to get any easier after xmas break. They returned virtually there full roster from last year & they leaped out of the starting gates fast as other teams were molding there rookies & there now catching up to the Raiders & the Raiders now look very avg

Its kinda general math why people think PA is a good team: 2nd in conference 47 points, 126GF which is 1st in conference and 103GA.
As for your Pats 88GF 2nd worst in conference 137GA 2nd worst in conference. Ohhhh and your past 10 games 1-8-1 and big deal you beat PA when half the team had the flu. I was at the game in Regina and that was worse than any game PA played all of last year. We were dead last and were out of playoffs in December last year but we did beat Edmonton so did that make us a better team then the WHL champs? I dont think so.
If I were you I would get in as many Pat games as possible because they will be done in March!!!!!!!
Please dont respond with your usual remarks about injuries. Its junior hockey and every team gets them including PA.

patsdude114
12-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Like I said ur still missing the key details that I mentioned be it cuz u don't know how to read or u just chose to ignore it all together. Ill bold the whole area this time for u........

The Raiders jumped out to an early start as they return virtually the whole roster from last year, which gives them an early start on every team in our division (except SC as they returned the same roster as well) MJ, BRN, REG are all rebuilding still teaching the rookies the way in the league, then throw in Sstoon who added many new players who had to learn new systems & get used to new players & are now hitting stride.

As for ur Pats comments haaha thanks for pointing out the obvious, I didn't even realise they were that bad lmao it still doesn't change anything that the Raiders have came back down to earth in there past 10

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey where did my post go lol

patsdude114
12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
stupid phone posted the same msg twice, do deleted 1 of them

Landon
12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Like I said ur still missing the key details that I mentioned be it cuz u don't know how to read or u just chose to ignore it all together. Ill bold the whole area this time for u........

The Raiders jumped out to an early start as they return virtually the whole roster from last year, which gives them an early start on every team in our division (except SC as they returned the same roster as well) MJ, BRN, REG are all rebuilding still teaching the rookies the way in the league, then throw in Sstoon who added many new players who had to learn new systems & get used to new players & are now hitting stride.

As for ur Pats comments haaha thanks for pointing out the obvious, I didn't even realise they were that bad lmao it still doesn't change anything that the Raiders have came back down to earth in there past 10
First of all since we are on the Blades forum congrats on the 6 game winning streak. I for one do think the Blades under achieved the first half of the season. Blades on paper have an excellent team but early on didnt seem to find chemistry. I hope these next few games against PA are good old PA and Saskatoon rivalry hockey. I do hope the Blades turn it around because they are the WHL host team for memorial cup.
Now as for the Raiders, they are not "VIRTUALLY THE SAME TEAM" Draisaitl, Gardiner, Vanstone, Desautels are all rookies in the league and so is Santucci he only played 11 games last year. New faces in the line up are: Draisaitl, Gardiner, Vanstone, Santucci, Conroy, Daae, Morden, Hodder, Vandane, Siemans, Desautels. Just like I stated earlier "general math" that is "VIRTUALLY" 11 players that are "NEW" to the Raider line up this year......
I could actually state we started off the season with 13 new faces if I were to include Gwinner and Mackenzie Stewart to the list.
If you dont understand this I can also put it into bold....

patsdude114
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM
haha good job at going to look at todays roster & listing off names lol Daae doesnt even get put into that convo neither does both goalies lmao nevermind u dont understand ur talking a different language im not going to comment any further to someone who just reads what they want to read.

Like i said before great that the raiders actually have a decent team this year after so many losing seasons, the city & the fans deserve it. The Raiders will be hard pressed to keep 4th in the conference 1st in the east division is going to be all but gone shortly after xmas.

As for my Pats we will be battling it out for the 8th & final playoff spot, which is going to depend alot on who we may trade away to help speed up our rebuilding phase. If we stay with the exact team we have right now we will make the playoffs as we will be adding a top 18yr old to our lineup at the cost of nothing, be adding a 19yr old who brings alot to our team with our forward group as well as adding a 20yr old Dman who is arguably 1 of the better 20yr olds in the league on the backend. All at the cost of nothing, the pats roster on paper should be better then it has been in the 1st half of the year, but due to some key injuries all at once all long term the team has failed which is to be expected.

Trade deadline only a few weeks away after the xmas break, alot will be said after its all passed over on where teams may finish. Passion amongst us fans is what this site is all about, talking hockey along with a bit of trash talk along the way its all part of being a fan isnt it?

XCHEKR
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
haha good job at going to look at todays roster & listing off names lol Daae doesnt even get put into that convo neither does both goalies lmao nevermind u dont understand ur talking a different language im not going to comment any further to someone who just reads what they want to read.

Like i said before great that the raiders actually have a decent team this year after so many losing seasons, the city & the fans deserve it. The Raiders will be hard pressed to keep 4th in the conference 1st in the east division is going to be all but gone shortly after xmas.

As for my Pats we will be battling it out for the 8th & final playoff spot, which is going to depend alot on who we may trade away to help speed up our rebuilding phase. If we stay with the exact team we have right now we will make the playoffs as we will be adding a top 18yr old to our lineup at the cost of nothing, be adding a 19yr old who brings alot to our team with our forward group as well as adding a 20yr old Dman who is arguably 1 of the better 20yr olds in the league on the backend. All at the cost of nothing, the pats roster on paper should be better then it has been in the 1st half of the year, but due to some key injuries all at once all long term the team has failed which is to be expected.

Trade deadline only a few weeks away after the xmas break, alot will be said after its all passed over on where teams may finish. Passion amongst us fans is what this site is all about, talking hockey along with a bit of trash talk along the way its all part of being a fan isnt it?

LETS SEE .... As I recall and believe me I recall you trash talked the Raiders all last year when they weren't winning their games and so it continues on this year????:rolleyes: My guess would be you and a few more that had the habit of doing this should really be concentrating on your own teams ............ You think???:eek::o

XCHEKR
12-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Since you looked into your crystal ball to inform everyone the Raiders will be losing their spot in the standings ...... what does it say about your Pats? And seriously ..... you post a comment such as Prince Albert returning virtually the whole roster from last year ???? Do you even attend games whatsoever or just sit on here writing whatever comes to your mind >>>GULP!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sttop
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Since you looked into your crystal ball to inform everyone the Raiders will be losing their spot in the standings ...... what does it say about your Pats? And seriously ..... you post a comment such as Prince Albert returning virtually the whole roster from last year ???? Do you even attend games whatsoever or just sit on here writing whatever comes to your mind >>>GULP!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had a giggle at the same returning team comment. Have a look

Holwenko - Siemens
Williams - Desaultes

Corbin - Vandane
Yaworski - Morden
Hart - Hodder
Berry -

Maylan -
Tochkin - Daae
Hlinka - Draisaitl
Mahura - Conroy
Knowler - Gardiner
Constant - Vanstone
Bourhis -Santucci

So I guess out of the 25 man roster last year 13 were not returned. So I guess we didnt return our whole team, but almost half of it so thats close. I am not saying there werent upgrades but that wasent the arguement.

Anyway, any predictions on deals that are made and waiting for the freeze to be over?

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Interesting stat here 14 out of the last 16 posts were not from Blades fans :o

sbtatter
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Interesting stat here 14 out of the last 16 posts were not from Blades fans :o

Good to see the Blades forum moving up market;)

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Good to see the Blades forum moving up market;)

You must mean it is more classier without Blades fans i think i got that correct :p

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Looks like the winning streak may end tonight but it had to end sometime SC is pretty much just smothering up the neutral zone no where to skate

to bad there is no one to see the game in Swifty i swear it looks like maybe only a 1000 people

mjw22
12-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Looks like the winning streak may end tonight but it had to end sometime SC is pretty much just smothering up the neutral zone no where to skate

to bad there is no one to see the game in Swifty i swear it looks like maybe only a 1000 people

Ya I dont get that town.What are they doing on a tues night office parties lol.They have a decent team a reno'd rink and are drawing less than 2000 some nights.

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Ya I dont get that town.What are they doing on a tues night office parties lol.They have a decent team a reno'd rink and are drawing less than 2000 some nights.

Beats the hell out of me lol i remember earlier on in the season they had a 2.25 beer night like *** if that doesnt draw people in not sure what would lol

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Well Blades big streak comes to a end they really have troubles against ths Bronco team we only had 21 shots Broncos blocked so many shots they are big play a tough game and will easily make the playoffs probably in the 6th spot

And good luck trying to ever knock Lowry off the puck it wont happen the kid will hammer you down on the way to the net and bury a goal he has 23 now

mjw22
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Well Blades big streak comes to a end they really have troubles against ths Bronco team we only had 21 shots Broncos blocked so many shots they are big play a tough game and will easily make the playoffs probably in the 6th spot

And good luck trying to ever knock Lowry off the puck it wont happen the kid will hammer you down on the way to the net and bury a goal he has 23 now

no Xmas love out there tonight lol

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 09:40 PM
no Xmas love out there tonight lol

None at all screw Santa lol

Harvest
12-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Funny how our one line no depth team toppled the super deep elite blades club. Not saying Saskatoon isnt decent but I've never seen it against the broncos. Without a doubt Lowry is the best power forward in the league

lordstanley
12-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Funny how our one line no depth team toppled the super deep elite blades club. Not saying Saskatoon isnt decent but I've never seen it against the broncos. Without a doubt Lowry is the best power forward in the league

Yeah you beat us which is fine and all but to me you are still a 1 line team Gordon Lowry and Black Moser Bews and whoever else is not that great sorry

mjw22
12-18-2012, 09:52 PM

whats up with the attendance in Speedy Creek

Harvest
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Couldn't tell you. Mid week games no matter what they've done has not worked. Tonight was 2.25 drinks

qrdsk
12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
i wish the blades scored when they were "pressing" just to have something positive about the game.

patsdude114
12-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I had a giggle at the same returning team comment. Have a look

Holwenko - Siemens
Williams - Desaultes

Corbin - Vandane
Yaworski - Morden
Hart - Hodder
Berry -

Maylan -
Tochkin - Daae
Hlinka - Draisaitl
Mahura - Conroy
Knowler - Gardiner
Constant - Vanstone
Bourhis -Santucci

ok 1st off Daae & both goalies definately dont get put into this convo a goalies soul purpose is to stop the puck, i was looking at the WHL site strictly at the column of 2011-12 team without clicking on seeing how many games guys like Santucci & Hodder played.... u guys had i guess 8 new skaters to start the year.... i made a mistake lol without clicking on players names. Good job Raider fans for proving me wrong im very seldom wrong when i post stuff as i tend to get my facts straight 1st but i could careless about the raiders or anything that happens that far north in this province.... i wont comment any further about that far north in this province cuz nothing good will come out of it .

The Raiders will still finish no higher then 4th in the conference.

But now for the thread to get it back on the Blades... tough loss tonite in SC, definately didnt see that 1 coming, Moodies little hot streak was bound to come to an end. Its definately only a little bump in the road for the Blades.

Sttop
12-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Yeah you beat us which is fine and all but to me you are still a 1 line team Gordon Lowry and Black Moser Bews and whoever else is not that great sorry

fight recaps?

Toswammi
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM

Going by the stats, Bews and Moser have 25 pts this yr, which would put them 5th in Blades scoring. Does that mean Saskatoon has only 1.3 good lines?

Quarter Century Fan
12-19-2012, 08:32 AM
I thought last night's game between the Blades and the Broncos was one of the better games I have seen at our rink this season. Blades won the fights and probably were slightly more physical last night but Lowry was being himself and dominating the play many of his shifts.

I noticed our coach Mark Lamb was trying to get Graham Black out against Craig whenever he could. Black did blow by Craig several times even when it looked like Craig had the correct angle on Black.

I do think the Blades have some potential for the playoffs though... it's only based on this one game but from what I could see they need another forward to provide additional scoring punch to give them a chance to compete at a Memorial Cup.

lordstanley
12-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Going by the stats, Bews and Moser have 25 pts this yr, which would put them 5th in Blades scoring. Does that mean Saskatoon has only 1.3 good lines?

When i said swifty doesnt have much depth i was not compairing both the teams it is true the Blades also need a another forward or too to put them right over the top

lordstanley
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Just wanna take the time to wish a Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all Blades posters and heck even mjw22 lol :clap:

mjw22
12-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Just wanna take the time to wish a Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all Blades posters and heck even mjw22 lol :clap:

lordstanley
12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Just wanted the last post to be seen as my user name merry christmas :D

Hockeyfantastic
12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
When i said swifty doesnt have much depth i was not compairing both the teams it is true the Blades also need a another forward or too to put them right over the top
Keep in mind the Broncos were missing Benson, Lund and Derko

lordstanley
12-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Keep in mind the Broncos were missing Benson, Lund and Derko

Keep in mind the Blades were missing stovin zajac and astels so that evens that out nice try though lol

Hockeyfantastic
12-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Keep in mind the Blades were missing stovin zajac and astels so that evens that out nice try though lol

Agreed, both teams had injuries however the comment you originally posted was and I quote 'But to me you are still a one line team (Gordon Lowry and Black). Moser, Bews & whoever else is not that great'. By that you implied Swift has one line and not one line until the injured players return. With Lund, Benson, and Derko added to the lineup in the future, there is scoring depth in three lines

lordstanley
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Agreed, both teams had injuries however the comment you originally posted was and I quote 'But to me you are still a one line team (Gordon Lowry and Black). Moser, Bews & whoever else is not that great'. By that you implied Swift has one line and not one line until the injured players return. With Lund, Benson, and Derko added to the lineup in the future, there is scoring depth in three lines

Well i disagree Bews is okay at best Benson is horrible peaked when he was 15 has 0 goals in 20 games Derko is good on the pk Black Gordon and Lowry are good though no doubt about that in that last game we played against each other we were both missing checking style players big deal

lordstanley
12-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I have heard a weird rumor lately involving Ferland coming to the Blades word is he could be sent back and sent dirrectly to the Blades i am sure the package would be huge Ferland has recently been sent to the ECHL hardly had any games in the AHL

If that is he case Walker would be all smiles

Magine these 2 top lines

Ferland Walker Stransky
Nicholls McColgan Burns

sbtatter
12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I have heard a weird rumor lately involving Ferland coming to the Blades word is he could be sent back and sent dirrectly to the Blades i am sure the package would be huge Ferland has recently been sent to the ECHL hardly had any games in the AHL

If that is he case Walker would be all smiles

Magine these 2 top lines

Ferland Walker Stransky
Nicholls McColgan Burns

I started that rumour! But what would you give Brandon for Ferland?

lordstanley
12-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I started that rumour! But what would you give Brandon for Ferland?

Haha maybe you did buy i also heard from brandon people in the know that i know

Also do not listen to Alan Miller from MJ Morgan Riely is very much on the market to us he just wants to shush the media up

sbtatter
12-21-2012, 06:05 PM

Also do not listen to Alan Miller from MJ Morgan Riely is very much on the market to us he just wants to shush the media up

What assets do you think ferland is worth?

lordstanley
12-21-2012, 06:16 PM
What assets do you think ferland is worth?

That is a tough call cause i am not sure the wheaties were expecting him back lol deffinitly not a schenn package but pretty damn close though

And people do not ge to excited this rumor is even less than rielly lol but still fun to talk about

curwie
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM

Of course he is. I mentioned in the other thread that non contending teams will surely try to move there star players. They would be absolutely foolish not to given the return on investment these days. Anyone from the non contending teams that say otherwise, is just posturing.

curwie
12-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Also, PA will be without Mark McNiel when they play us back to back as he's been called up to play in the World Junior's. Good for him. I have to admit, it will be nice to cheer for him for a change!:)

sbtatter
12-22-2012, 07:15 AM
That is a tough call cause i am not sure the wheaties were expecting him back lol deffinitly not a schenn package but pretty damn close though

And people do not ge to excited this rumor is even less than rielly lol but still fun to talk about

I know it would make sense to trade him up there for players and picks like Nikkel, Papirny, Hawrylik etc, but I'd hate to see him in Blades uniform! If his head was on straight though he'd take you to the next level

Trav
12-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Don't see it happening, and certainly not for anything close to the package Brandon got for Schenn, I don't think Molleken would make the same mistake twice but I guess u never know. Like seriously, nobody can say Schenn was worth what the Blades gave up lol and if anyone does then their really really stupid lol.

Keep in mind, Saskatoon has three overagers and they'd have to be able to move Kambeitz for something, no point releasing him for nothing.

patsdude114
12-22-2012, 12:44 PM

LS I would take it 1 step further & say the Blades were missing the best player between both teams & that's Makarov. It shouldn't be too hard for the Broncos netminder (not even attempting to spell the name without being on thc omp to look it up) to outplay Moodie. With Makarov its prob a lot closer of a game then it already was.

Hockeyfantastic
12-22-2012, 01:28 PM
LS I would take it 1 step further & say the Blades were missing the best player between both teams & that's Makarov. It shouldn't be too hard for the Broncos netminder (not even attempting to spell the name without being on thc omp to look it up) to outplay Moodie. With Makarov its prob a lot closer of a game then it already was.

Bow was in net
The Broncos nu 1 goaltender Laurikainen is also playing in the same tournament that Makarov is

if you want to compare stats

Laurikainen GAA 2.55 SAV% .916 wins 13

Makarov GAA 2.84 SAV% .908 wins 15

sbtatter
12-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Bow was in net
The Broncos nu 1 goaltender Laurikainen is also playing in the same tournament that Makarov is

Kaboom!!!

lordstanley
12-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Bow was in net

Good for Eeetu but where did i or anyone for that fact compare Makarov to him ? good for Eeetu he is having a great season

sbtatter
12-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Good for Eeetu but where did i or anyone for that fact compare Makarov to him ? good for Eeetu he is having a great season

HF's post was meant for patsdude after he said that "Makarov was the most important player missing for either side, and stated that Laurikainen should be able to outplay Moodie", without realizing that Laurikainen was also gone to the WJC!

Hockeyfantastic
12-23-2012, 11:30 AM

see Patsdude comment

curwie
12-23-2012, 11:31 AM
HF's post was meant for patsdude after he said that "Makarov was the most important player missing for either side, and stated that Laurikainen should be able to outplay Moodie", without realizing that Laurikainen was also gone to the WJC!

I can't believe that it needed to be explained. lol

lordstanley
12-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I can't believe that it needed to be explained. lol

Well Curwie it does when the egg nogs are flowing

curwie
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Well Curwie it does when the egg nogs are flowing

hahaha fair enough! Merry Christmas!

curwie
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Someone from the Wheatkings forum on the whlforum.com is suggesting Ferland is in Brandon and playing on the 28th. Interesting times if true.

lordstanley
12-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Someone from the Wheatkings forum on the whlforum.com is suggesting Ferland is in Brandon and playing on the 28th. Interesting times if true.

Hello Ferland bye to Kambeitz hopefully

lordstanley
12-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Nevermind i just saw on Twitter that Ferland has just been recalled to the AHL again today from the echl

Sabes
12-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Ferland was called up to the AHL again. Doubt he is coming back to the dub just yet.

curwie
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Nevermind i just saw on Twitter that Ferland has just been recalled to the AHL again today from the echl

Well that kiboshed that rumor in a hurry.

drummermajor
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
It's very possible the person that spoke with him had heard wrong or misunderstood. I'll double check exact details the next time I talk to them (they phoned me immediately after the conversation to tell me about it).

curwie
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
It's very possible the person that spoke with him had heard wrong or misunderstood. I'll double check exact details the next time I talk to them (they phoned me immediately after the conversation to tell me about it).

It's all good. That what discussion boards are for! They don't often turn out to be true, but are fun to discuss.

mjw22
12-23-2012, 10:27 PM
It's a good. That what discussion boards are for! They don't often turn out to be true, but are fun to discuss.

Cant see the Flames paying him to play in the dub. He's played 10 pro games and isnt that what kicks in a pro contract. Why would a guy who's 20 and making money come to the dub to ride the bus for petty cash.

drummermajor
12-23-2012, 10:38 PM
It's 10 NHL games

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an-entry-level-contract-slide.php

patsdude114
12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Cant see the Flames paying him to play in the dub. He's played 10 pro games and isnt that what kicks in a pro contract. Why would a guy who's 20 and making money come to the dub to ride the bus for petty cash.

hes riding the bus in the AHL as it is so not much difference in bus rides altho most likely much shorter bus trips in the WHL compared to Abbortsford. But it doesnt make sense for the Flames to send him back to junior, what does he have to prove here, altho he is barely cutting it in pro to begin with.

sbtatter
12-24-2012, 07:29 AM
It's a good. That what discussion boards are for! They don't often turn out to be true, but are fun to discuss.

Very true! If Ferland came back I'd see what Edmonton, Spokane, Kamloops, Portland, Cgy and PA would offer up before I'd trade him by default to the Blades.

curwie
12-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Very true! If Ferland came back I'd see what Edmonton, Spokane, Kamloops, Portland, Cgy and PA would offer up before I'd trade him by default to the Blades.

There would be lots of interest for sure. He's a mean sob that has the ability to put the puck in the net. However he also has the ability to take terrible penalties and hurt his team at inopportune times.

sbtatter
12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
There would be lots of interest for sure. He's a mean sob that has the ability to put the puck in the net. However he also has the ability to take terrible penalties and hurt his team at inopportune times.

He really didn't do anything negative like that last year, he was way more impactful in a positive way than negative

drummermajor
12-24-2012, 02:25 PM
I talked to them again. The person that talked to him insists that he said he was playing on the 28th. Abbotsford doesn't play until the 29th. Time will tell I guess.

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I talked to them again. The person that talked to him insists that he said he was playing on the 28th. Abbotsford doesn't play until the 29th. Time will tell I guess.

Time wont tell he is a 100% playing for abbotsford he just got recalled it is all over twitter and the hockey world his days in the WHL are long done

drummermajor
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Time wont tell he is a 100% playing for abbotsford he just got recalled it is all over twitter and the hockey world his days in the WHL are long done

All over twitter? You mean two posts? There's only a small handful of references on the web to the recall and two of them are those two twitter posts. They all point to the transaction page on the ECHL website. Abbotsford or the Flames haven't made any official statements yet.

It's also worth noting that the AHL doesn't list that transaction yet, and they have other transactions from that same day and the following day listed. Circumstantial, yes (especially considering they don't have the other two recalls listed either) but still not conclusive just yet.

Like I said, I'm open to the possibility of there having been some miscommunication somewhere along the line. I'm having a hard time believing it too. Just reporting what I've been told (this person would not lie to me or make this up)

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 06:27 PM
All over twitter? You mean two posts? There's only a small handful of references on the web to the recall and two of them are those two twitter posts. They all point to the transaction page on the ECHL website. Abbotsford or the Flames haven't made any official statements yet.

It's also worth noting that the AHL doesn't list that transaction yet, and they have other transactions from that same day and the following day listed. Circumstantial, yes (especially considering they don't have the other two recalls listed either) but still not conclusive just yet.

Like I said, I'm open to the possibility of there having been some miscommunication somewhere along the line. I'm having a hard time believing it too. Just reporting what I've been told (this person would not lie to me or make this up)

Well right now i will trust the word on the ECHL website over anything else if i see it on the Wheaties site that he may be back then we hav something to talk about until then it is all just smoke and mirrors

Trav
12-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow, arguing bout whether or not a player is coming back to the WHL and the player isn't even a Blade lol. Quite frankly I wouldn't want him unless the price was reasonable but knowing McCrimmon that won't happen. He sells his players high and only a sucker like Molleken gives in.

Blades current 20's are just fine.

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Wow, arguing bout whether or not a player is coming back to the WHL and the player isn't even a Blade lol. Quite frankly I wouldn't want him unless the price was reasonable but knowing McCrimmon that won't happen. He sells his players high and only a sucker like Molleken gives in.

No one is argueing Travis lol As for not wanting Ferland over the rest of our 20 year olds you may be the only feeling that way the price would not be a schenn package so dont worry

We can now all drop this and wish Ferland the best in Abbotsford

sbtatter
12-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Ferland would be a huge upgrade over Walker or Kambietz for you guys, considering the Burns price, I'd take Revel, Nogier and a 1st rounder, if he went to Edm or Cgy it would likely hurt you guys. Of course, he'd look just fine playing the Semenko role for Hawryluk!! All speculation of course because who knows if the rumour is true or not, but it is fun to speculate!

Trav
12-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Ferland would be a huge upgrade over Walker or Kambietz for you guys, considering the Burns price, I'd take Revel, Nogier and a 1st rounder, if he went to Edm or Cgy it would likely hurt you guys. Of course, he'd look just fine playing the Semenko role for Hawryluk!! All speculation of course because who knows if the rumour is true or not, but it is fun to speculate!

Sure he'd be an upgrade but I can't see Revel being moved at all to anyone (Being signed, he can veto a deal).

Considering Edmonton gave up a listed player and a pick for Tyler Maxwell, that's what Ferland should be worth.

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Sure he'd be an upgrade but u wouldn't get Revel (Don't see him going anywhere). WHL GM's seriously overprice their players big time. You could probably get a top notch 18 in the OHL for that package.

All Edmonton gave up for Tyler Maxwell was a listed player and a pick. To me that's what Ferland would be worth.

No offense but i think Ferland has more to offer than what Maxwell did

Trav
12-24-2012, 10:03 PM
No offense but i think Ferland has more to offer than what Maxwell did

A Maxwell type player is what they need. They got enough grit on the team, least u would think they do. What they need are some guys that can take the puck from end to end and score.

lordstanley
12-26-2012, 09:07 PM
This is via Bruce Luebke Twitter Brandon wheatKings announcer

1/3 Michael Ferland was in the ice with the @bdnwheatkings in their first practice after the Christmas break tonight. #bdnmb

2/3 Talked w/Ferland afterward. Says he hopes his agent & Flames can get it worked out so he can play with the @bdnwheatkings Friday. #bdnmb

3/3 Says he wants to get back to playing games after playing sparingly during the first half of the year with AHL's Abbotsford Heat. #bdnmb

So he very well could be back for Fridays game it will be interesting to see if he stick with the Wheaties this year or gets traded

drummermajor
12-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I guess time will tell

lordstanley
12-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I guess time will tell

True and here is a bit more from Luebers lounge

http://luberslounge.blogspot.ca/

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Looks like Blades will go with 11 forwards this weekend Stovin is back and Giebel and Alex Elliott have been called up from the SJHL as well as Patrick Johnson goaltender

Guys out of the lineup are Makarov Nogier Schmidt Zajac Astels Graham Revel

sbtatter
12-28-2012, 12:47 PM
What's your offer for Ferland? You know he'll make Walker better, he gives you a tru heavyweight presence, and the best poer forward in the league. You can't afford to let him go to Cgy, Edm or PA if you want to win the conference, this is going to be awesome!!

mjw22
12-28-2012, 04:14 PM
What's your offer for Ferland? You know he'll make Walker better, he gives you a tru heavyweight presence, and the best poer forward in the league. You can't afford to let him go to Cgy, Edm or PA if you want to win the conference, this is going to be awesome!!

Lol Lornes getting out the lube . The trade deadline is going to be fun to watch. Do little and be embarrased because right now this team is not top 6 in the league. Do enough to be in the top 4 and youre a doormat for years .:groovy:

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Lol Lornes getting out the lube . The trade deadline is going to be fun to watch. Do little and be embarrased because right now this team is not top 6 in the league. Do enough to be in the top 4 and youre a doormat for years .:groovy:

Time will tell bud all i know is this is a fun time of year for Hockey sit back and enjoy the ride :D

mjw22
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Time will tell bud all i know is this is a fun time of year for Hockey sit back and enjoy the ride :D

You have that right . It will be fun to see who makes the big moves at the dead line. Players will go for some big prices with so many teams in the hunt.

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Blades lose the first of the home and home vs PA boy that was 1 heck of a game though i felt Moodie was a tad shaky tonight Walkers line was very good

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 09:19 PM
To be fair to Moodie though the defense had some bad turnovers

ofhdhdy
12-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Moodie sucks a fat one, put me in net for ****s sake I could do better.

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Moodie sucks a fat one, put me in net for ****s sake I could do better.

5 goals on 25 shots is not very impressive i agree if Makarov was playing this would have been a 4-2 win

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Well lets hope we get them tomorrow night and beat Regina on sunday we could still be only 6 points back of the Raiders if things go the right way

Sttop
12-28-2012, 11:30 PM
5 goals on 25 shots is not very impressive i agree if Makarov was playing this would have been a 4-2 win

Moodie kicked out some bad rebounds but none cost him. To be fair without Mcniell , Draisaitl, and Gardiner the Blades should win easy. Siemens wasent even going to play tonight but played with a flu. Daae played on the 2nd line for the love of god. I would suggest tomorrow will be a much different story , but I was going to be happy with 1 point out of the home and home. i thought Shane Mc and Walker were great tonight. Was also very impressed with Giebel as well.

lordstanley
12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Moodie kicked out some bad rebounds but none cost him. To be fair without Mcniell , Draisaitl, and Gardiner the Blades should win easy. Siemens wasent even going to play tonight but played with a flu. Daae played on the 2nd line for the love of god. I would suggest tomorrow will be a much different story , but I was going to be happy with 1 point out of the home and home. i thought Shane Mc and Walker were great tonight. Was also very impressed with Giebel as well.

Both teams had tonnes of players out we were without Makarov Schmidt Nogier Astles Zajac Revel and Graham count them yup 7 regulars

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Patrick Johnson starts in goal for the Blades tonight this should be interesting

Johnny Table
12-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Patrick Johnson starts in goal for the Blades tonight this should be interesting

haha omg that is sad

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
haha omg that is sad

Well his numbers arent horrible in the SJHL but this level of Hockey is way different lol

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Taking a long time getting into the web game tonight cause there is a tonn of free viewers and someone like me who pays for a whole season wont get in lol

Johnny Table
12-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Well his numbers arent horrible in the SJHL but this level of Hockey is way different lol

He is a cancer

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 07:27 PM
He is a cancer

What makes you say such harsh words do you know him personally ?

Johnny Table
12-29-2012, 07:34 PM
What makes you say such harsh words do you know him personally ?

yup

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
yup

Well anyways it is 4 goals on 6 shots for PA so far Guess that is not enough for Lorne to pull him lol

Johnny Table
12-29-2012, 07:42 PM
think lorne needs to get on the phone to KM and say what will it take to get Boes. They can not go into the Mem Cup with just Makorov

sbtatter
12-29-2012, 08:58 PM
think lorne needs to get on the phone to KM and say what will it take to get Boes. They can not go into the Mem Cup with just Makorov

Lorne needs Boes and Ferland, what are they worth? Revel, Craig (the winger) Nogier, a 1st rounder and what else?

Johnny Table
12-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Lorne needs Boes and Ferland, what are they worth? Revel, Craig (the winger) Nogier, a 1st rounder and what else?

I dont believe that they will go after Ferland. As much as they need him they did give up alot for Kambietz. If Boes is in play then Moodie would be part of the trade.

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Well Blades lose again 4-2 i actually thought we outplayed PA tonight just a horrible first Period for Patrick Johnson after that he settled down but it was to late being down 4-1 after 1 period probably nerves for the kid

Bardaro was a man possesed this weekend and Siemens was rock solid as normal saw 1 Raider fan actually dump there beer over a 60 year old mans head wearing a Blades jersey saw the same thing 2 years ago in the playoffs when they brough a fan bus down

qrdsk
12-29-2012, 09:39 PM
we need better players. i don't think we will switch 20's but you never know. i guess we can hope for the best four games out of all blades players in may. We have to start beating pa Calgary red deer and Edmonton.

Sttop
12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Well Blades lose again 4-2 i actually thought we outplayed PA tonight just a horrible first Period for Patrick Johnson after that he settled down but it was to late being down 4-1 after 1 period probably nerves for the kid

Bardaro was a man possesed this weekend and Siemens was rock solid as normal saw 1 Raider fan actually dump there beer over a 60 year old mans head wearing a Blades jersey saw the same thing 2 years ago in the playoffs when they brough a fan bus down

You arent warching on the web now?

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 10:07 PM
You arent warching on the web now?

Was at the game tonight but i will watch the rest of Tigers vs Broncos on the web free of charge

mjw22
12-29-2012, 10:33 PM
1 Raider fan actually dump there beer over a 60 year old mans head wearing a Blades jersey saw the same thing 2 years ago in the playoffs when they brough a fan bus down

Thats pretty brutal .Hope security caught him and they have him charged. We dont need A holes like that around at any rink. We had a drunk at our game tonight wearing a warrior goalie mask and screaming non stop .Security came over and told him to shut up or he was gone. A few beers and the IQ drops from 10 to zero .

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Thats pretty brutal .Hope security caught him and they have him charged. We dont need A holes like that around at any rink. We had a drunk at our game tonight wearing a warrior goalie mask and screaming non stop .Security came over and told him to shut up or he was gone. A few beers and the IQ drops from 10 to zero .

Yep i couldnt agree more it isnt just a PA thing either it happens everywhere but this was brutal

Dwight Schrute
12-29-2012, 10:38 PM

I thought Johnson was hung out to dry for about ten minutes in the first coughing up and turning over the puck were the problem not the kid In net

After the first I thought the blades outplayed pa but it seemed like pa was just trying to run down the clock and play it safe

sbtatter
12-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I dont believe that they will go after Ferland. As much as they need him they did give up alot for Kambietz. If Boes is in play then Moodie would be part of the trade.

Ferland is far better than kambietz and Walker. he makes walker a way better player, that's been proven in Bdn. He's over a point per game guy, and tougher than Astles. But i hear Edm want him, so maybe now the Blades don't have an opportunity to acquire him, your loss, Edm's gain

sbtatter
12-29-2012, 10:46 PM
The Raiders B2B wins over you guys have really made the chances of the Blades winning the 2nd seed wilt, didn't see that sweep happening. Wonder what the sportsnet camera's will make of that? The Blades are so hot and cold, it's weird

Johnny Table
12-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Ferland is far better than kambietz and Walker. he makes walker a way better player, that's been proven in Bdn. He's over a point per game guy, and tougher than Astles. But i hear Edm want him, so maybe now the Blades don't have an opportunity to acquire him, your loss, Edm's gain

Im not a blades fan so it wouldnt be my loss. Yes Ferland is a way better player Im not saying that he isnt. Im saying is that the Blades cant afford to get him. They dont have the assets to get him after the past trades they made

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Im not a blades fan so it wouldnt be my loss. Yes Ferland is a way better player Im not saying that he isnt. Im saying is that the Blades cant afford to get him. They dont have the assets to get him after the past trades they made
We still have a first round pick to offer up for this years draf coming up a second round pick and numerious of prospects and young guys on this roster

So what do we need other than that to give up ? think i am lost here lol

sbtatter
12-29-2012, 11:05 PM
We still have a first round pick to offer up for this years draf coming up a second round pick and numerious of prospects and young guys on this roster

So what do we need other than that to give up ? think i am lost here lol
This years pick isn't going to be a top 5 pick, so you will need to give up Revel, or Ferland's going somewhere else, and will kick the Blades ass all season, sucks for you, but it's reality

lordstanley
12-29-2012, 11:07 PM
This years pick isn't going to be a top 5 pick, so you will need to give up Revel, or Ferland's going somewhere else, and will kick the Blades ass all season, sucks for you, but it's reality

It will be interesting for sure but our cupboard isnt as bare as some may think and i do agree with what you say about Ferland he will haunt us if he goes some place else

Trav
12-30-2012, 12:24 AM

Lol you won't get Revel, still think Ferland benefited from playing with Stone.

patsdude114
12-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Revel for Ferland LMFAO Ferland isn't that good, I agree with Trav that Ferland benefitted from playing with Stone as did Walker, Ferland is more of a 65-75 point player not a 96 point player. Not saying 0ferland isn't good but as a rental 20yr old Ferland is NOT worth Revel.

If Revel gets dealt in any deal, it would be for a 19yr old who is aassured to be back as a 20yr old. But there isn't many top 18/19yr olds who will be back next season out there right now.

I don't believe Ferland will end up in Stoon anyways I think he will end up in KAM, they lack grit & toughness & Ferland would go along ways to improving there team the most.

As for MJW22's comment about that drunk at the warriors game last nite, the webcast showed him right at the start of the game (close up) cheering ha seen people moving away from him as well not sure if it was cuz of the camera or cuz he was just annoying

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 01:24 PM
For everyone saying Ferlands not worth Revel, look at the Ferland highlight reel on this page, one of the video links
http://www.wheatkings.com/
How many true power forwards are in this league? Anyone who saw him play Fri night knows the true value of Ferland, it was on display.
He's a 20 year old, half season rental. Schenn was a 19 year old, half season rental. Now Saskatoon need an impact player more this season, because their team obviously isn't mem Cup worthy yet, so you have to know Lorne is going to be deperate to get #27.
I wonder if PA will be interested in him as well? Edmontons paper has already stated the Oil Kings are, the Flames would likely want him in a Hitmen jersey so they can monitor him, and Kamloops likely could use him.

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 01:28 PM
For everyone saying Ferlands not worth Revel, look at the Ferland highlight reel on this page, one of the video links
http://www.wheatkings.com/
How many true power forwards are in this league? Anyone who saw him play Fri night knows the true value of Ferland, it was on display.
He's a 20 year old, half season rental. Schenn was a 19 year old, half season rental. Now Saskatoon need an impact player more this season, because their team obviously isn't mem Cup worthy yet, so you have to know Lorne is going to be deperate to get #27.
I wonder if PA will be interested in him as well? Edmontons paper has already stated the Oil Kings are, the Flames would likely want him in a Hitmen jersey so they can monitor him, and Kamloops likely could use him.

I have heard from a few people now that he will end up with Edmonton and it really makes sence giving there only 2 20 year olds on that team forwards avaiable after ferland are very slim

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 02:02 PM
I have heard from a few people now that he will end up with Edmonton and it really makes sence giving there only 2 20 year olds on that team forwards avaiable after ferland are very slim

Not sure who they have that Brandon want, I really want Revel in a WK jersey!

franchise
12-30-2012, 02:10 PM
When the boys were winning everyone was playing for the name on the front of the Jersey. They passed the puck quickly up the ice (not the stretch pass either that usually ends up in an icing or a turnover)and on the transition. The number of tic tac toe goals or multiple passes in the o zone before a goal were many. The last couple of games it has been the reverse. Too much individualism and the line of McColgan Burns and Nicholls looks like McColgan and Nicholls have completely forgotten that there is another winger out there. Which must be frustrating as hell for Burns who seems to be the only one on that line who works hard both up and down the ice only to be forgotten once they gain possession. McColgan doesn't play center, he takes face offsand then completely fails to support the forecheck or the puck in the D zone.
Him and Nicholls look only for each other - taking away totally from the pp and their regular shifts. Stransky has reverted a bit to the guy we saw early in the season while the defense has gone back to trying to carry the puck end to end. Team work wins. I thought they had figured that out.
As for last night specifically, 4-2 with the amount of time they had left was no reason to get excited, but they did. They looked like almost every guy thought it was up to him and him alone to score 3 goals a shift. Its too bad.
At least there are still 30 plus games games left to get it right. But they were exposed. I think they have the horses but they aren't all pulling on the same rope.
They really do need an upgrade on Kambeitz though it looks to me like Lorne really likes him with the amount of special teams ice he gets. I am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Sutter may find himself a new address before or at the trade deadline.

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 02:16 PM
When the boys were winning everyone was playing for the name on the front of the Jersey. They passed the puck quickly up the ice (not the stretch pass either that usually ends up in an icing or a turnover)and on the transition. The number of tic tac toe goals or multiple passes in the o zone before a goal were many. The last couple of games it has been the reverse. Too much individualism and the line of McColgan Burns and Nicholls looks like McColgan and Nicholls have completely forgotten that there is another winger out there. Which must be frustrating as hell for Burns who seems to be the only one on that line who works hard both up and down the ice only to be forgotten once they gain possession. McColgan doesn't play center, he takes face offsand then completely fails to support the forecheck or the puck in the D zone.
Him and Nicholls look only for each other - taking away totally from the pp and their regular shifts. Stransky has reverted a bit to the guy we saw early in the season while the defense has gone back to trying to carry the puck end to end. Team work wins. I thought they had figured that out.
As for last night specifically, 4-2 with the amount of time they had left was no reason to get excited, but they did. They looked like almost every guy thought it was up to him and him alone to score 3 goals a shift. Its too bad.
At least there are still 30 plus games games left to get it right. But they were exposed. I think they have the horses but they aren't all pulling on the same rope.
They really do need an upgrade on Kambeitz though it looks to me like Lorne really likes him with the amount of special teams ice he gets. I am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Sutter may find himself a new address before or at the trade deadline.

I like this post, agree with a lot of it. Lots of skilled forwards on the Blades, but a lot of individuals. Get them working together, get a top end d-men, a good back up goalie and a power forward like Ferland, and you're on your way to getting the 2nd seed

mjw22
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Lol you won't get Revel, still think Ferland benefited from playing with Stone.

excactly if he was that good why would the Flames burn a year off his contract then send him to Brandon. He couldnt even make a crappy ECHL team. Not like the Flames are knee deep with top end prospects in the AHL or ECHL

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
excactly if he was that good why would the Flames burn a year off his contract then send him to Brandon. He couldnt even make a crappy ECHL team. Not like the Flames are knee deep with top end prospects in the AHL or ECHL

Agree with both of you not worth Revel at all would i want Ferland ? sure yeah but he is not worth that much and a first rounder maybe a first rounder and Nogier or something

mjw22
12-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Agree with both of you not worth Revel at all would i want Ferland ? sure yeah but he is not worth that much and a first rounder maybe a first rounder and Nogier or something

Not even that .With the way the league is now tough guys dont matter as much as a couple years back. I think the coaches in Calgary figured out his talent level pretty quick. Even Grantham made the Flames AHL farm team . Hell Cody Beech is still playing pro :)

patsdude114
12-30-2012, 04:23 PM
excactly if he was that good why would the Flames burn a year off his contract then send him to Brandon.

he only played 10games pro which is the limit before they have to make up there mind if they are keeping him or not so from my understanding that wouldnt burn a year of his contract....could be wrong tho that once they hit 10 games it kicks in just doesnt make sense as they havent played him for a couple weeks now which would make me believe they were uncertain if they wanted his 1st year to be burnt or not

either way he is not worth Revel at all & if the Blades give up Revel for him id be very upset/mad if i was a blades fan.... hes the only true building block they got & to give him up for a avg player of ferlands level would be a disgrace

mjw22
12-30-2012, 04:34 PM
he only played 10games pro which is the limit before they have to make up there mind if they are keeping him or not so from my understanding that wouldnt burn a year of his contract....could be wrong tho that once they hit 10 games it kicks in just doesnt make sense as they havent played him for a couple weeks now which would make me believe they were uncertain if they wanted his 1st year to be burnt or not

either way he is not worth Revel at all & if the Blades give up Revel for him id be very upset/mad if i was a blades fan.... hes the only true building block they got & to give him up for a avg player of ferlands level would be a disgrace

The press release I read said the 3 AHL and 7 ECHL kicked in his contract. I think the PR was wrong because Rask played 10 before he came back. So it must be after 10 . Still pretty bad when you cant play in the ECHL or AHL in the Flames system

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Look what they gave up for Burns, sure he's younger but he's not a game changer like Ferland. Go look at his video on the WK page, then honestly say he's not the premier power forward in the league....

mjw22
12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Look what they gave up for Burns, sure he's younger but he's not a game changer like Ferland. Go look at his video on the WK page, then honestly say he's not the premier power forward in the league....

Just curious didnt KM send Lorne another guy that was supposed to be a game changer. I believe the ICE ended that dream. Over rated WK's

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Just curious didnt KM send Lorne another guy that was supposed to be a game changer. I believe the ICE ended that dream. Over rated WK's

Schenn couldn't overturn the playoff curse of the Blades, that much was apparent! Had a hell of a regular season run with the Blades though, too bad he was playing for a knucklehead playoff coach:)
Meanwhile, WK's got McGauley, Nikkel, Hawryluk, Nhjezleb, Shmyr and Papirny, makes up for the Victoria deal last season!

patsdude114
12-30-2012, 05:58 PM

I never said Ferland isn't good, just not as elite as ur making him out to be. Forsure he is a premier power forward in the WHL & so he should be but just not worth a Revel is all I'm saying.

If Revel by some chance ends up in Brandon 1 would have to believe that KM has some kind of dirt on Mollenken that could put him in jail lmao

BigCat20
12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Pretty embarrassing weekend! Would expect some major changes this wk. Cant believe the difference in play from just before Christmas & this weekend. Some guys just punched their ticket out of town. This is so much more disappointing than their start cuz with some wins here, they'd be fighting for 1st. No heart, no fight, no desire to win!

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 07:43 PM
I never said Ferland isn't good, just not as elite as ur making him out to be. Forsure he is a premier power forward in the WHL & so he should be but just not worth a Revel is all I'm saying.

If Revel by some chance ends up in Brandon 1 would have to believe that KM has some kind of dirt on Mollenken that could put him in jail lmao

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree!
Maybe KM does have pictures of Lorne doing something!

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 08:04 PM
What is happening in tonights game, 6v0 after two, then the Blades look to make a game of it in the 3rd, amazing scenes!

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Well all i can say is payback is a you know what they kicked our ass and got revenge Blades are so up and down this year and are in a huge tailspin right now and not sure how they will get out of this 1

Start getting busy Lorne only 2 more games without Makarov but he doesnt help our struggeling offense

This team is almost on the verge of being embarassing again :burningmad:

curwie
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
lol. Nichols benched. Mcolgan benched. Nice veteran leadership right there.

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
lol. Nichols benched. Mcolgan benched. Nice veteran leadership right there.

Were in huge trouble to start the second half this part of on the edge will be depressing again lol COME ON GRANDPA LORNE get to the phones

curwie
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Were in huge trouble to start the second half this part of on the edge will be depressing again lol COME ON GRANDPA LORNE get to the phones

To add to what I said, really depressing to see Thrower and Sutter whining and complaining and laying on the ice like there half dead out there. Stfu and play hockey you guys.

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
To add to what I said, really depressing to see Thrower and Sutter whining and complaining and laying on the ice like there half dead out there. Stfu and play hockey you guys.

I agree they have turned into selfish whinny babies at times where they think things will come easy for them they need to work there tail off for every bit of sucsess they get simple as that

sbtatter
12-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Well all i can say is payback is a you know what they kicked our ass and got revenge Blades are so up and down this year and are in a huge tailspin right now and not sure how they will get out of this 1

Start getting busy Lorne only 2 more games without Makarov but he doesnt help our struggeling offense

This team is almost on the verge of being embarassing again :burningmad:

On the bright side, everyone thought you'd basically be winless without Makarov, and you've won 3 or 4 without him? The downside is guys like Nicholls, Thrower, Stransky and McColgan seem super streaky. And Sutter seems to be ice cold this season. Lorne must be tearing his hair out.

curwie
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I agree they have turned into selfish whinny babies at times where they think things will come easy for them they need to work there tail off for every bit of sucsess they get simple as that

Agreed times 10000!

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
On the bright side, everyone thought you'd basically be winless without Makarov, and you've won 3 or 4 without him? The downside is guys like Nicholls, Thrower, Stransky and McColgan seem super streaky. And Sutter seems to be ice cold this season. Lorne must be tearing his hair out.

1 thing i agree with is trying to find some sort of bright side i guess we are 4-4 and without Makarov but still winning at least 1 out of these 3 this weekend would have been nice

Oh well this 1 is in the history books time to start fresh on new years day vs the Tigers who may be without Shinkaruk due to a sore knee

qrdsk
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Regina looked better with their players back but man we looked week all weekend.

mjw22
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
This game was a game of pure skill and 2 pure heavyweights in the league battleing for first :o lol .Complete with spelling mistakes :p Warriors 2 for 3 Pats 1 for 2 POWERHOUSE Blades O for 3 :D Time to sell the future Lorne

ofhdhdy
12-30-2012, 10:27 PM
So this team is an embarrassment again. Holy does Moodie suck, Adam Todd jr.

ofhdhdy
12-30-2012, 10:29 PM
This game was a game of pure skill and 2 pure heavyweights in the league battleing for first :o lol .Complete with spelling mistakes :p Warriors 2 for 3 Pats 1 for 2 POWERHOUSE Blades O for 3 :D Time to sell the future Lorne

Battling*

Trav
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Blades need...

- Veteran backup goaltender that'll start next season.
- Goal scorers
- Some offensive defensemen (They really should acquire Murray in the event he can play in the Memorial Cup)
- A new coach

Heck they need everything.

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Blades need...

- Veteran backup goaltender that'll start next season.
- Goal scorers
- Some offensive defensemen (They really should acquire Murray in the event he can play in the Memorial Cup)
- A new coach

Heck they need everything.

At least some posters have not started up the Memorial Cup should be moved topic again lol i think it is a little to late for a decision like that being 38 games in and all and i agree Trav this team is looking like horse **** again

patsdude114
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
So this team is an embarrassment again. Holy does Moodie suck, Adam Todd jr.

This game had nothing to do with Moodie at all the Blades just had zero compete at all. The only goal maybe Moodie should of had was the Stephenson goal with 4secs left in the 1st period but then again it was off a terrible turnover at the blueline while SH... why in the hell are the Blades looking to make a play at the blueline with 7secs left in the period instead of icing the puck to end the period SH

No 1 has said a thing about the amazing pad save Moodie made midway in the 2nd off Stevenson. The Blade hung Moodie out to dry all game long, taking selfish penalties all game long which the Pats made them pay with some PP goals.

I hate it when teams let off the gas & go into a defensive mode, the 3rd period was all just chip it in & no chase at all. The 3rd was exactly the same as the 3rd period in MJ last nite. After the Blades showed no mercy against the Pats when we had all those injuries beating us 16-0 in 2 games why on earth would u let up against a team that u were dominating thru 2 periods of play. I would of loved to have seen the Pats score another 2 or 3 goals against little Johnson (no pun intended).

Bighat
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Moodie didn't play bad made some big saves. This game could have been worse if not for moodie. Blades problem lack of discipline and the defence is horrible when under pressure, the players look to be too cocky. The pats with a healthy lineup will be dangerous, they have speed and finally 4 lines that can play.

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Moodie didn't play bad made some big saves. This game could have been worse if not for moodie. Blades problem lack of discipline and the defence is horrible when under pressure, the players look to be too cocky. The pats with a healthy lineup will be dangerous, they have speed and finally 4 lines that can play.

Okay lets not get a little ahead of ourselves here yes you beat us 3 games in 3 nights for the Blades and we had our worst effort of the season tonight

But to say you have a dangerous team now is a little overboard dont you think ?

mjw22
12-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Okay lets not get a little ahead of ourselves here yes you beat us 3 games in 3 nights for the Blades and we had our worst effort of the season tonight

Sort of like you guys saying you were turning the corner and would catch PA . I think Lorne made a mistake thinking the culture in that room would change without moving 2-3 long term players. He added players but didnt remove any of the core and there in lies the problem. Move some vets out or the coach but this isnt a top 6 WHL team in any way shape or form.

patsdude114
12-30-2012, 11:13 PM

haha yes saying we have a dangerous team is going overboard forsure, but with a full lineup we are definately a playoff type team. With Therieu retiring earlier today & not having to move a 20yr old now it definately makes Lang think twice about moving Jobke or Scheidl or even Hewitt. This team is good enough for the playoffs & with the right macthup could upset someone.

Lets face it the 1st 1/2 needs to be forgotten, we could barely ice a lineup during the injuries who could of beat a midget team. No team is adding a Stephenson type player for free like we are, he alone with Scheidl & Klimchuk should be enough to get the Pats into a fight for 6th in the conference (only 5pts back of the Blades & Broncos, the Blades should get better the Broncos wont & the Canes rnt a great team either).

The Blades & Raiders can do the Pats a favour & beating MH both games & the Pats get a chance to beat them on Friday & move past them would be nice to see us sitting in 8th (depending on what the Warriors do)

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
haha yes saying we have a dangerous team is going overboard forsure, but with a full lineup we are definately a playoff type team. With Therieu retiring earlier today & not having to move a 20yr old now it definately makes Lang think twice about moving Jobke or Scheidl or even Hewitt. This team is good enough for the playoffs & with the right macthup could upset someone.

Lets face it the 1st 1/2 needs to be forgotten, we could barely ice a lineup during the injuries who could of beat a midget team. No team is adding a Stephenson type player for free like we are, he alone with Scheidl & Klimchuk should be enough to get the Pats into a fight for 6th in the conference (only 5pts back of the Blades & Broncos, the Blades should get better the Broncos wont & the Canes rnt a great team either).

The Blades & Raiders can do the Pats a favour & beating MH both games & the Pats get a chance to beat them on Friday & move past them would be nice to see us sitting in 8th (depending on what the Warriors do)

We will do our best and beat the Tigers here is hoping lol i never thought the Pats were as bad as the loses we gave them in fact if you look back i thought we would split vs you guys a couple weekends ago even with all your injuries

Now i have no made the excuses of saying our 7 guys out with Makarov out and 3 games in 3 nights is tough as a excuses cause it is not we need depth on a year like this to step up

Bighat
12-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Dangerous = would you like to play us in the 1st round. Lets go Canada another team with a full lineup tomorrow.

mjw22
12-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Dangerous = would you like to play us in the 1st round. Lets go Canada another team with a full lineup tomorrow.

You had a better team last year and went out in round one. IF you get the 8th seed same old same old.

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM

Would we like to play you in the first round ? is this a serious question ?

lordstanley
12-30-2012, 11:30 PM

B imposible for us to play each other anyways seeing we will finnish around the 4th to 6th rank and the Pats 7th to 12th

patsdude114
12-30-2012, 11:35 PM
You had a better team last year and went out in round one. IF you get the 8th seed same old same old.

I disagree that we had a better team last year, yes we had a better defense but our offense this year is better. Last year u shut down Weal u shut down the Pats offense. At least this year we have Scheidl, Klimchuk, Stephenson as 3 key guys offensively & then secondary guys like Mayor, Stevenson & Ouellette along with some bigger guys who can establish the cycle in Rodewald, McCoy & Slyvegard. The Pats always lacked size but we finally have a few bigger guys who don't get pushed around as easily, we still lack toughness though which is at times a glaring need.

Bighat
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
I have to agree this years team is better and younger then last years. If our d continues to improve we will be fine. What makes you think you'll be the 4th seed I would look a little lower. It will all come down to what happens at the trade deadline.

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM
I have to agree this years team is better and younger then last years. If our d continues to improve we will be fine. What makes you think you'll be the 4th seed I would look a little lower. It will all come down to what happens at the trade deadline.

READ DUDE i said anywhere from the 4th to 6th seed yeesh :rolleyes:

patsdude114
12-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Lol I see LS is having fun again lol

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Lol I see LS is having fun again lol

Always and i am up to watch Makarov get cranked by team Canada i dont care lol

but i am curious if we had Makarov all weekend how many goals we would have let up and with that the confidence goes up with the games being tighter due toa goalie keeping you in games hell we may have won 2 out of 3

JMoney1988
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Yay!!!! We win 4-1....., good job guys........, on a side note I felt bad for Makarov tonight, did the Russians ever leave him out to dry, geez 48-21 shots, makes me hate them even more now.....

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Yay!!!! We win 4-1....., good job guys........, on a side note I felt bad for Makarov tonight, did the Russians ever leave him out to dry, geez 48-21 shots, makes me hate them even more now.....

Makarov should be use to it we leave him and others out to dry all the time

He sure did play great today though

Good job Canada 2 more wins to go till the Gold comes back where it belongs :groovy::groovy::groovy:

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
And for the past 2 years Gord Milelr can still not pronounce Makarovs name right it is "MACK-uh-roff" not Muh-CAR-roff i was so sick of that

patsdude114
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Well there not paid to pronounce the other countries player names correctly all they care about is Canadian names, ur prob the only person it urkes lmao

SectionNDeserter
12-31-2012, 11:31 AM
And for the past 2 years Gord Milelr can still not pronounce Makarovs name right it is "MACK-uh-roff" not Muh-CAR-roff i was so sick of that"Muh-CAR-ov" is what Andrey prefers to be called, so I would have to say that that is actually the correct way.

Funny how some players have the pronounciation of their names changed by the PBP guys etc. and they just stick. In Red Deer a few years back, Willie Coetzee was called anything from 'COAT-see', to 'COOT-see' to 'KET-see', so I asked him how you actually say his name, and was surprised when he told me it was actually pronounced 'coat-SEE-uh'.

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
"Muh-CAR-ov" is what Andrey prefers to be called, so I would have to say that that is actually the correct way.

Funny how some players have the pronounciation of their names changed by the PBP guys etc. and they just stick. In Red Deer a few years back, Willie Coetzee was called anything from 'COAT-see', to 'COOT-see' to 'KET-see', so I asked him how you actually say his name, and was surprised when he told me it was actually pronounced 'coat-SEE-uh'.

Funny people telling me that i am wrong how Makarovs name is pronounced and they arent even Blade fans if you listen to every Blades game Les lazaruk says it the way i say it and even Makarov has said numerious of times it is Mak uh roff steve spott said ti the way Les Lazaruk says it too

So section you are wrong and so are you Patsdude

How would you guys feel if a amaerican announcer said ray burke instead of ray bourque ?

sbtatter
12-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Funny people telling me that i am wrong how Makarovs name is pronounced and they arent even Blade fans if you listen to every Blades game Les lazaruk says it the way i say it and even Makarov has said numerious of times it is Mak uh roff steve spott said ti the way Les Lazaruk says it too

So section you are wrong and so are you Patsdude

How would you guys feel if a amaerican announcer said ray burke instead of ray bourque ?

Ferraro said Makarov likes it the way the commo's said it today

sbtatter
12-31-2012, 01:01 PM

Look at the hands and wrister at 2.40 on the video.....
http://www.reddeerrebels.com/video/index/id/42c774254633f1b61610f83619058476

SectionNDeserter
12-31-2012, 01:04 PM
How would you guys feel if a amaerican announcer said ray burke instead of ray bourque ?Funny you should say that, as Russians are probably thinking the same thing about all the Canadians saying his name wrong... Also, all the PBP and PA announcers all said Coetzee's name wrong for two full seasons....

sbtatter
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Funny you should say that, as Russians are probably thinking the same thing about all the Canadians saying his name wrong... Also, all the PBP and PA announcers all said Coetzee's name wrong for two full seasons....

Wonder if Makarov gets the next start, or are they alternating? I hope he starts and gets tired out for the 2nd half of the season, similar to last year!

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Funny you should say that, as Russians are probably thinking the same thing about all the Canadians saying his name wrong... Also, all the PBP and PA announcers all said Coetzee's name wrong for two full seasons....

Well i guess some fan from Red Deer would know more about all of saskatoon fans media etc how to pronoucne his name even though Makarov has said a number of times on the radio pregame shows that it is pronounced Mak uh roff

But i stand corrected you are right lol

lordstanley
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Wonder if Makarov gets the next start, or are they alternating? I hope he starts and gets tired out for the 2nd half of the season, similar to last year!

Also not sure how Makarov would be so tuckered out he may get 1 or 2 more starts and that would make 4 starts from dec 12th to jan 11th his next start with us yeah he will be just gassed lol

He would be playing way more here and travel will not play a huge factor seeing the tourney ends on jan 5th and the next Blades game after that is jan 11th so he will have a full week to recoup