Here is our injury list from the WHL Weekly Report

#44 Luke Fenske, D, upper body, day-to-day
#2 Tye Hand, D, lower body, day-to-day
#29 Dryden Hunt, F, upper body, indefinite
#6 Colten Jobke, D, upper body, 2 - 3 weeks
#22 Chandler Stephenson, F, lower body, 1 - 2 weeks
#27 Filip Vasko, F, lower body, day-to-day
#5 Colby Williams, D, upper body, day-to-day

Can/could add Stevenson to that list as well as even tho he is healthy from his virus that he had the Pats are not letting him play until he puts on 6-8 lbs (which shouldnt be a problem over the xmas) as he lost 15 lbs

We could possibly only have 2 players on the IR after the xmas break & thats Hunt & Jobke.... It will be nice to virtually have our entire roster back in check.

Looking at our depth chart (& by no means is this the lines)

Scheidl/Stephenson/Klimchuk
Mayor/Ouellette/Stevenson
Sylvegard/McCoy/Vasko
Christoffer/Rossignol/Rodewald

with extras
D'Amico
Brooks
Ortynski
Hunt
Gay

Our Defense looks like this

Fenske/Jobke or Therieu
Burroughs/Williams
Hand/Henry
Hak/Mumby

I really like our forward group with all injuries back, Stephenson is going to make a huge difference in our forward group. Vasko should add some skill into our lineup even though he may be an unproven scorer in the WHL he will get a chance to play a bigger offensive role then he prob ever has in the WHL so lets see if he grabs it by the horns. Getting Stevenson back into the lineup will help with some grit & leadership on & off the ice.

Were going to have to reassign a forward after xmas in which i would expect it to be Gay, he has some upside to him just he is not ready for the WHL. He plays scared alot by not going into the corners, or taking a hit to make a play. He has some offensive potential but he wont be in an offensive role this season for the Pats so to return him back to the SJHL where he would have more of a chance to play top 6 minutes would benefit him more. Then possibly a 2nd forward when Brooks comes back from the U17 tournament, which in my mind baring a trade of a vetern for a prospect/pick would be Ortynski. He would benefit alot from being back in Midget playing on a 1st line compared to in & out of the lineup playing the 4th line only seeing 5-7mins of ice a game.

Bighat
12-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Brooks isn't going anywhere after the trade deadline I feel this team will look different. Top 3 lines are looking good and the backend should be improved in the second half.

patsdude114
12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
haha i never said Brooks is going anywhere did I?? re-read what i typed & then get back to me lmao

Then possibly a 2nd forward when Brooks comes back from the U17 tournament, which in my mind baring a trade of a vetern for a prospect/pick would be Ortynski.

Bighat
12-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Sorry u talk like my wife you ran your sentences together. My mistake but you don't have to be rude.

patsdude114
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Wasn't rude but if u want me to be I most definately can lol why are people so damn testy during the xmas holidays, such a wonderful time of the year my arse lmao everyone is just so quick to call someone out I will admit at times myself too. Hope once this damn xmas bs is over everything goes back to normal around here lol

As for u I can tell u like Brooks as much as I do I think he will be a real treat to watch in the yrs to come. He shows some flashes every one & then just he is alittle small right now to have much success.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
The honest, direct truth is that you just need to be more clear with what you say, sometimes.

If you are typing out alot of content, just spread it out a little bit more. It is just easier for the reader.

patsdude114
12-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Alittle off topic but a comma does that doesn't it? Slows the sentence down which should make it easier to understand

Ill have to do better since I'm being graded for english class on a whl forum site :groovy:

RWAH
12-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I will not be on the site after today until after Christmas so just a Merry Christmas to all the posters I enjoy most all the coments. Looking forward to Chad Lang's moves from the end of the moritorium to the trade deadline.

Back after Christmas so you all keep safe.

Hockeyfantastic
12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I will not be on the site after today until after Christmas so just a Merry Christmas to all the posters I enjoy most all the coments. Looking forward to Chad Lang's moves from the end of the moritorium to the trade deadline.

Back after Christmas so you all keep safe.

I have Regina being a seller and not a buyer at the trade deadline however to fully judge how good the Pats can be they must get healthy

lordstanley
12-20-2012, 10:37 PM
I have Regina being a seller and not a buyer at the trade deadline however to fully judge how good the Pats can be they must get healthy

Thing is i have Regina staying the way they are and doing nothing i think when healthy they could push for the 8th spot if i were them i would shop around hewit and go with sacher and beaukeboom in net then have 2 20 year old dmen in Theriau and jobke on defense

Bighat
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Scheidl is going to kamloops and Hewitt or jobke is going to Edmonton.

lordstanley
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM

Oh really are you Chad Lang by any chance ? and Hewit would never go to Kamloops not with Chveldave starting and young Tad Kozun as a decent back up i dont care if they have a 20 opening

Bighat
12-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Hewitt or jobke to Edmonton no I'm not chad Lang and you sir are rude no soup for u. Can't u read. Page out of pats 114 guy

lordstanley
12-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Hewitt or jobke to Edmonton no I'm not chad Lang and you sir are rude no soup for u. Can't u read. Page out of pats 114 guy

Hewit to Edmonton my bad well that makes all the difference in the world then lol

patsdude114
12-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Thing is i have Regina staying the way they are and doing nothing i think when healthy they could push for the 8th spot if i were them i would shop around hewit and go with sacher and beaukeboom in net then have 2 20 year old dmen in Theriau and jobke on defense

I fully agree witih u on that 1 LS it would make the most sense from a franchise point of view, it makes our defense better all around which should soften the blow between the pipes.... Sacher has been great in the 1st 1/2 of the year & bringing Buekeboom back who is having a very strong season in the AJHL would make alot of sense with this team moving forward. Both 18yr old netminders can push each other for the crease time with Sacher having the #1 spot

hey leave my pages alone they are copyrighted!!!!!

patsdude114
12-21-2012, 04:48 PM

I dont know if Lang will move Scheidl unless its a deal that makes sense for the Pats 1st, if there is no WHL roster player coming our way i dont see Lang making the move at all to be honest.

Lang wants to make the playoffs again, he feels very strongly about playoff experience is the best developmental tool that a player can have. Scheidl has been everything to the Pats this year with leading by example for the younger inexperienced players. We sit only 2pts out of a playoff spot as it is, with all the injury problems we have had & to have stayed in the hunt this team is only going to get better by adding Stephenson, Stevenson, Jobke back into the lineup & to some degree Vasko as well.