PDA

View Full Version : Boone Jenner

Bighat
12-24-2012, 03:16 PM
What's everyone's opinion on the hit and suspension. I for one think it was a bone head play and now that he is given 3 games, he should be sent home and another player brought in. If we get 1 injury now were in trouble and playing short handed against the states.

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 04:16 PM
What's everyone's opinion on the hit and suspension. I for one think it was a bone head play and now that he is given 3 games, he should be sent home and another player brought in. If we get 1 injury now were in trouble and playing short handed against the states.

Fair call in my opinion Jenner is a moron has a bad rap now the hit was way away from the play and it deserves the 3 gamer team Canada needs to learn how to adapt to these euro refs i dont feel sorry for them at all

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I dont agree, at all, but Im not surprised in the least bit.

Guess the lesson to learn here is that if you are going to finish a check(a bad idea to boot in new-hockey), you better make damned sure that its not on a smaller opponent.

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 09:05 PM
I dont agree, at all, but Im not surprised in the least bit.

Guess the lesson to learn here is that if you are going to finish a check(a bad idea to boot in new-hockey), you better make damned sure that its not on a smaller opponent.

And not to to do it way away from the puck and injure the player in a dirty hit in the process he is lucky i is only 3 games

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-24-2012, 11:15 PM
If it was late, which it wasnt really, then it should only be a 2 minute interference call. maybe a double minor for harming the guy.

not three friggin games. its embarrassing to see you people embracing these increasingly ridiculous calls and precedents set.

lordstanley
12-24-2012, 11:21 PM
If it was late, which it wasnt really, then it should only be a 2 minute interference call. maybe a double minor for harming the guy.

not three friggin games. its embarrassing to see you people embracing these increasingly ridiculous calls and precedents set.

I am just not bias at all if this happened to the Nuge and he got hurt on the play their would be a huge outcry and possibly a riot

sbtatter
12-25-2012, 09:03 AM

Maybe that wasn't an NHL penalty in the 70/80's, but everyone knows in international hockey you can't skate the diamater of the face off circle after the guys passed the puck and hit him. Jenner's an idiot, with this hit, the spearing last year, he's not cut out for international play.

WestLEAFfan
12-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I fear the suspension is a sign of things to come. I hope I'm wrong. You'd think that these guys would know international reffing by now. This is not Jenner's first dance either. The discipline or lack thereof, will play a huge role in any success Canada has this year. GO CANADA GO!

west coast
12-25-2012, 04:43 PM
i dont think it was even a penalty.Jenner was in on the forecheck and hit the Swede just as he dished the puck off.Hits like that occur nightly the WHL and go without a penalty.It is international hockey and i do get that the player was injured.The optics of a player injured and coming off the ice in a stretcher weighed heavily in Jenner getting suspended

patsdude114
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM
having role type players like Jenner, Ritchie, Camara, Lipon to name a few who shouldnt be part of international play... every other country brings there top pure offensive players except for canada we still think we need role player.

Its been our own fault the past few years why we havent been able to win gold, which will be no different for this years team either dont even think we will be in the gold medal game.

as for the hit, it was borderline at best for what we see in our own league but euro refs will call it all the time & being that he got hurt pretty much assures that the IIHF will hand down a suspension.... is it right? maybe not but the IIHF is more consistant with there rulings then any league in north america (pro or junior)

sbtatter
12-26-2012, 11:48 AM
i dont think it was even a penalty.Jenner was in on the forecheck and hit the Swede just as he dished the puck off.Hits like that occur nightly the WHL and go without a penalty.It is international hockey and i do get that the player was injured.The optics of a player injured and coming off the ice in a stretcher weighed heavily in Jenner getting suspended

He skated the diamater of the face off circle after the Swede passed the puck, it's going to be called every time in IIHF, he should know better

Trevor
12-28-2012, 10:35 AM
That hit would've brought about a meeting with Shanny if it was in the NHL. The hit happened a full second after the Swede passed the puck. Jenner literally had time to think "maybe I shouldn't follow through" before he hit him.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Once we start telling players to not finish their checks is when this game is in real trouble. The reality of this exchange is that if the guy wasnt injured, then theres no fuss. I still maintain its a 2-4 minute penalty, and physics had a bigger hand(One guy being 6'2 200, and the other 5'9 160) in the hit than any malicious intent.

And looking through these posts, it seems that people need to realize that this is Team Canada, not Team Russia. They should not be known as flopping limp wristed powerplay wizards. They should either play a gritty determined team game. Id rather see them play the right way or not at all.

Honestly, I think we will be lucky if from here on out every borderline interference call doesnt result in a suspension.

Bighat
12-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Now that was a text book hit today, to bad for the Slovak but boys and girls keep your head up. No suspension on the hit and there shouldn't have been a penalty.

moon
12-28-2012, 11:03 PM
having role type players like Jenner, Ritchie, Camara, Lipon to name a few who shouldnt be part of international play... every other country brings there top pure offensive players except for canada we still think we need role player.

Role players?

Jenner was top 10 in OHL scoring when he left, Ritchie was the leading scorer, Lipon was one of the top scorers in the WHL.

Which top offensive guys are missing out with these "role players" on the team?

The Jenner deserved a penalty but the suspension was stupid, but not unexpected from the joke IIHF. Good to see Canada keep him on and not punish him for the IIHF's stupidity. He should be a big part of Canada winning gold.